HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Staal - Komisarek

Old
01-15-2009, 03:46 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
How do we make this our #1 pairing of the future?

Komiserak is a UFA this summer.

His current cap hit is 1.7 mill and he's going to be due a nice raise....

If I really knew he wanted to come here I would stomach being a seller at the deadline to build for the future.

Is it as simple as dishing off Rosi?
Our focus should be on retaining the young defenseman we have in Staal and Girardi as well as even Potter, and grooming Del Zotto and Sanguinetti to be ready for the NHL. The last thing we should be thinking about is signing anyone on defense, let alone a big name defenseman. The one year contract to Kalinin tells me he is a stop-gap for Sanguinetti and that the team thinks he will be ready to hopefully earn himself a spot in the line-up next season. Del Zotto plays the way he did this pre-season, he's going to end up taking the Staal route to the NHL. I really hope we keep Mara around for awhile but I think he's going to be gone when his contract is up since Roszival is 4 years and Redden is 6 years.

Staal, Girardi, Sanguinetti, Redden, Roszival, Mara(hopefully re-signed) (Potter) - Next Season

Season after?
Staal, Girardi, Sanguinetti, Redden, Roszival, Mara? Del Zotto?

Signing another defenseman is clearly NOT in the plan nor should it be. I say retain Mara for another two years(he is an UFA after this season), let him walk after that to make room for Del Zotto. I can deal with Redden and Roszival being the veterans on our blueline as long as they don't get worse, which I don't think will be the case. Redden's starting to get comfortable, and I really don't think Roszival is a bad defenseman. Does he make BAD mistakes and have bad games sometimes? Sure. More than we'd all like. But he has some great games too and I like the guy. He's here the next 4 years.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 03:47 AM
RangerFan10

It should be noted that Potter is a RFA next season and after that Staal and Girardi are both RFA's.

Sign Komisarek and we can't keep both Girardi and Staal. PASS.

Old
01-15-2009, 03:49 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I love it how everyone talks about buying FA's but when the contract falls all they do is complain.

This is Sather we are talking about here. If he gets a UFA hes going to overpay for it.

Then well have another 7 million dollar player who really isnt worth that much, and he wont be because once the PP sucks again everyone is going to be looking to the bigtime FA defensman to get some points.A career high in 19 points and 4 thus far for this year isnt going to cut it in that category. not even close.

It's also the market for defenseman.

Old
01-15-2009, 03:50 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
If by some miracle Sather decides to do the right thing and move the overpaid losers out of town, and some dopes decide to actually take them, then I would rather that be done to sign a player like Kovalchuk.
right on, lets get a me player with an attitude problem to build this team around

Old
01-15-2009, 04:38 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
right on, lets get a me player with an attitude problem to build this team around
You do know that Ilya Kovalchuk was named Atlanta's captain 2 days ago, don't you? Boy, some attitude problem.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 04:53 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
He has anything about a attitude problem ,real nice guy he just gets aggressive and physical ON THE ICE not to people in their face in the locker room.

The Lunatic Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 04:56 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Komisarek will get 6.5 million imo.
Whoever gives him that is an absolute moron.
Very good shut down defender and hitter, but you only pay defenders who contributes offensively that kind of money. Otherwise Regehr would be getting it, and he is substantially better than Komi.

What should JBo get? 10?

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 08:18 AM
SML

Well, if Komi gets 6.5 then that means somebody took Sather's title as loosest spending GM in the business. We screwed up on Redden, even though his game has been coming around lately. But Komi doesn't really have offensive upside. If he gets 6.5, Chara should go back to the table and demand 10. You just aren't going to see defensive guys getting that kind of money unless they start negotiating over hits, blocked shots, and +/- the way they do for goals and assists.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 05:47 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
You do know that Ilya Kovalchuk was named Atlanta's captain 2 days ago, don't you? Boy, some attitude problem.
You do know, it's atlanta right? It's probably a last ditch ploy to get him to consider re-signing. That or trying to up his trade value. What team doesn't want to add a "leader"

Old
01-16-2009, 12:09 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
You do know, it's atlanta right? It's probably a last ditch ploy to get him to consider re-signing. That or trying to up his trade value. What team doesn't want to add a "leader"
Just because it's a "ploy" to get him to re-sign doesn't mean he has any attitude problems, as you claim.

Ask an informed Thrasher fan and you'll find out that by and large, Kovalchuk is in the good graces of fans. He's always made it clear he likes Atlanta and the fans, and has said he would like to stay there, assuming the team was on the right track.

He's not having his best season, but how long can someone put up with a franchise so poorly run? Mathieu Schneider is having a ***** year in Atlanta too, does that mean he has attitude problems? Maybe they're just not very happy playing on a horrendous team. Considering Kovalchuk has been dealing with this his whole NHL career, it's not surprising that he's getting frustrated.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote