HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

anyone know if laraque is playing tonight?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2009, 12:53 PM
  #1
21gionta21
Registered User
 
21gionta21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
anyone know if laraque is playing tonight?

just wanted to know if laraque is in tonight but not really sure if he would be any use to us anyway......

21gionta21 is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 12:56 PM
  #2
Le depisteur
Registered User
 
Le depisteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8komisarek8 View Post
just wanted to know if laraque is in tonight but not really sure if he would be any use to us anyway......
He won't play...

Le depisteur is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:00 PM
  #3
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,063
vCash: 500
man, sometime this year, an estimated return date would be greatly appreciated....

Maxpac is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:00 PM
  #4
21gionta21
Registered User
 
21gionta21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
I hear lucic might not play either....I think they will wait till after the warm up or something

21gionta21 is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:01 PM
  #5
HabsDood
Registered User
 
HabsDood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Carignan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
Is Laraque even training?

HabsDood is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:01 PM
  #6
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,028
vCash: 500
Laraque won't play for a very long time..

Higgins and Koivu will be back from injury soon.. Pacioretty is doing great.. D'Ago will be given a chance beside Koivu again..

Hawkguy is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:02 PM
  #7
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Laraque won't play for a very long time..

Higgins and Koivu will be back from injury soon.. Pacioretty is doing great.. D'Ago will be given a chance beside Koivu again..
where did you read this Nate ?

HotHabsFan* is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:04 PM
  #8
21gionta21
Registered User
 
21gionta21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
anyway do we really need him to take care of lucic i use to think so but Komisarek and the team will be fine without laraque

21gionta21 is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:24 PM
  #9
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
where did you read this Nate ?
Oh no where.. Sorry if I made it seem that. It's just my opinion.

Our club will have no room for him to play when we are healthy.

Hawkguy is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:27 PM
  #10
TommyHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
there are rumors saying that BGL has a (hernie diquale) i don't know how to say it in english

TommyHabs is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:29 PM
  #11
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Oh no where.. Sorry if I made it seem that. It's just my opinion.

Our club will have no room for him to play when we are healthy.
I wouldn't go that far. He provides something unique.

I suspect that once healthy, Pacioretty and/or D'Agostini end up back in Hamilton.

Even without them, we can form three purely offensive lines and one grinder line (Kosto/Laps/Laraque).

Lucius is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:30 PM
  #12
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8komisarek8 View Post
anyway do we really need him to take care of lucic i use to think so but Komisarek and the team will be fine without laraque
Well thats the problem with Lucie, when you play as reckless as he does, his body is going to take a beating. He keeps doing what he is doing now, and his career won't last very long.

Maliki2 is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:41 PM
  #13
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Well thats the problem with Lucie, when you play as reckless as he does, his body is going to take a beating. He keeps doing what he is doing now, and his career won't last very long.
I am no Lucic fan, but what exactly is he doing that's reckless? True, power forwards have a shorter NHL lifespan, but many adjust later in their careers for a good resurgence (Nolan/Bertuzzi).

Lucius is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:41 PM
  #14
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHabs View Post
there are rumors saying that BGL has a (hernie diquale) i don't know how to say it in english
it's hernie discale and in english it's spinal disc herniation/slipped disc

habsprospects is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:53 PM
  #15
21gionta21
Registered User
 
21gionta21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
so what he might be out for the year than with this problem i don't no I like the guy I still think he can be usefull but the few games where we really need him he can't even play its crazy i don't even know what to say to this anymore

21gionta21 is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:54 PM
  #16
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,952
vCash: 500
I heard he's reading Poetry at Starbucks.

Habs is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:55 PM
  #17
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I wouldn't go that far. He provides something unique.

I suspect that once healthy, Pacioretty and/or D'Agostini end up back in Hamilton.

Even without them, we can form three purely offensive lines and one grinder line (Kosto/Laps/Laraque).
Something unique? Kostopoulos may not win his fights, but he'll drop them.

If Pacioretty and D'Agostini are going to produce on the score sheet.. why would they go down?

Hawkguy is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:58 PM
  #18
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I am no Lucic fan, but what exactly is he doing that's reckless? True, power forwards have a shorter NHL lifespan, but many adjust later in their careers for a good resurgence (Nolan/Bertuzzi).
Just watch him throwing his body around. Fighting, it all adds up over time. I'm not saying hes a horrible player...but if hes getting injured already, his career is going to be a short one.

I don't think Lucic is going to be a Nolan or a Bertuzzi, he doesn't have the skill set. He is using his body to create stuff, eventually the body will not be able to hold up, I guess I should have been clearer.

Maliki2 is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 01:59 PM
  #19
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
it's hernie discale and in english it's spinal disc herniation/slipped disc
herniated disc to be exact but you are right.

HotHabsFan* is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 02:00 PM
  #20
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Just watch him throwing his body around. Fighting, it all adds up over time. I'm not saying hes a horrible player...but if hes getting injured already, his career is going to be a short one.

I don't think Lucic is going to be a Nolan or a Bertuzzi, he doesn't have the skill set. He is using his body to create stuff, eventually the body will not be able to hold up, I guess I should have been clearer.
i have to agree, that is a very good point, especially the fights. they take their toll on ones body.

HotHabsFan* is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 02:03 PM
  #21
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
herniated disc to be exact but you are right.
You saying the dictionary is wrong? (and I'm not talking about an online one)

habsprospects is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 02:05 PM
  #22
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
You saying the dictionary is wrong? (and I'm not talking about an online one)

great another one, i said you WERE right, but we call it in english a herniated disc..

HotHabsFan* is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 02:05 PM
  #23
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 500
It was written somewhere that Laraque won't play before the ASG. But since it's a back injury, it could be long.

LeMAD is offline  
Old
01-13-2009, 02:08 PM
  #24
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I am no Lucic fan, but what exactly is he doing that's reckless? True, power forwards have a shorter NHL lifespan, but many adjust later in their careers for a good resurgence (Nolan/Bertuzzi).
Larry Robinson lasted a long time and he fought and hit. Not as much as Lucic but not many wanted to go at it with Robinson.

googlymoogly is online now  
Old
01-13-2009, 02:24 PM
  #25
Terrier66
Registered User
 
Terrier66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
I'm not trolling, but seriously, what difference does it make if Laraque plays? He likely isn't going to contribute on the score sheet, and he certainly isn't going to fight Lucic (coach warned against it). Komisarek lost a fight to Lucic, big deal.

Why is it so necessary to see Lucic get in a fight (and likely lose) with Laraque? Because Komo couldn't do it? Dumb reason if so...

The Canadiens have ground to make up in the division...BGL on the bench only helps them in this area.

Hope to see a good game tonight -- half our offense is injured so you might have a chance.

Terrier66 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.