Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Conroy

Old
01-13-2009, 10:29 PM
calgaryflames25

vCash: 500
Conroy

I hate that Keenen still has Conroy on the top line he is not a first line center.I know the team is winning and that is awsome but Iginla is not doing anything out there because he needs a skilled center and conroy does not fit that bill.People say we need to add a defence man like Leopold I would agree with that but we need someone else to center Iggy.

calgaryflames25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:12 PM
DBU
#FREEBAERTSCHI™

vCash: 50
Langkow has chemistry with Bertuzzi and Bourque, I doubt Keenan's thinking of breaking that up.

Conroy's fine for the time being.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:19 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by danebgfx View Post
Langkow has chemistry with Bertuzzi and Bourque, I doubt Keenan's thinking of breaking that up.

Conroy's fine for the time being.
How many times can a guy give the puck away at the opponent's blueline for Keenan to not be fine with it?

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:20 PM
cross16

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryflames25 View Post
I hate that Keenen still has Conroy on the top line he is not a first line center.I know the team is winning and that is awsome but Iginla is not doing anything out there because he needs a skilled center and conroy does not fit that bill.People say we need to add a defence man like Leopold I would agree with that but we need someone else to center Iggy.

The center play has little to do with iginla's struggles, thats on him. iginla's played the same no matter whose been along side him this season. its not like he struggled when Conroy went up there. Iginla's struggles are due to himself.

However, an offensive play making center is a need for this team. However, not one that i would expect come trade deadline.

cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBearcat View Post
How many times can a guy give the puck away at the opponent's blueline for Keenan to not be fine with it?
as opposed to Langkow giving it away at our blueline?

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:30 PM
abracanada

We are lucky Conroy is playing the way he is. It is because of his play and a few others that we can boast about the depth we have.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Dions shoulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
We are lucky Conroy is playing the way he is. It is because of his play and a few others that we can boast about the depth we have.
I agree. We need Langkow on the second line, as far we can tell, he is not complaining about being off of Iggy's line. We need to have that balance in the lines in order to keep up this level of play.

That means we have to play one of Conroy and Lombardi with Iggy 5 on 5.

Dions shoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 01:37 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Surprised to see this thread. Conroy has been good this season. Is he the ideal first line center? No definetly not, but he has done a fine job. Langkow is thriving on the second line with Bourque and Bert. I like the way Lombardi has played on the third line with Glencross and Moss. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a shot again on the top line to see what he can do with the way he has played the last couple.

For now though I don't have any complaints with Conroy. Iggy definetly struggled tonight, but I wouldn't blame that on Conroy or the lack of a first line center.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Northern Neighbour

Iginla has been inconsistent at best all season. It seems like he's pacing himself more as he is getting older and there's more wear-and-tear on the body. Iginla seems to realize that he doesn't have to be the best player on the ice each night due to the team's depth.

Conroy is having a very good year IMO. He's definitely a lot better this year than last year. Having him with Cammalleri and Iginla allows the two wingers to play a more offensive game and not have to be as responsible defensively. For Iginla, this is key since he doesn't have to do a lot of the grunt work anymore but can instead pace himself.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Iginla has been inconsistent at best all season. It seems like he's pacing himself more as he is getting older and there's more wear-and-tear on the body. Iginla seems to realize that he doesn't have to be the best player on the ice each night due to the team's depth.

Conroy is having a very good year IMO. He's definitely a lot better this year than last year. Having him with Cammalleri and Iginla allows the two wingers to play a more offensive game and not have to be as responsible defensively. For Iginla, this is key since he doesn't have to do a lot of the grunt work anymore but can instead pace himself.
I wouldn't say Conroy is better than last season... I would say he is playing with better players anf ones who compliment his game better... even on the 3rd line he fit sin well with Glencross and Moss... while he played well with Nolan (the main difference between Nolan and Conroy's 2 linemates on the 3rd is speed), he and Tanguay were too alike in terms of being pass first players... has Conroy played with better linemates last season it is likely he would have had a much better year

Old
01-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBearcat View Post

As compared to when Glencross coughed it up in his own end during the first period, leading to the prime scoring chance for St. Louis (Boyes?)...

Badger Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob View Post
As compared to when Glencross coughed it up in his own end during the first period, leading to the prime scoring chance for St. Louis (Boyes?)...
Near the beginning of the game?... That was Langkow trying to make some stupid cute backhand pass to Bourque

Old
01-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Ticonderoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Near the beginning of the game?... That was Langkow trying to make some stupid cute backhand pass to Bourque
Yeah that was a bad give away from a guy who know better then that. Glad that Kipper is playing well enough to bail us out from bad give aways like that.

As for Conroy I am very pleased with his play as of late and looks like he is no longer having the troubles he did at the start of the season.

Good for him, and I hope it keeps up.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I wouldn't say Conroy is better than last season... I would say he is playing with better players anf ones who compliment his game better... even on the 3rd line he fit sin well with Glencross and Moss... while he played well with Nolan (the main difference between Nolan and Conroy's 2 linemates on the 3rd is speed), he and Tanguay were too alike in terms of being pass first players... has Conroy played with better linemates last season it is likely he would have had a much better year
Better linemates have definitely helped, but I think Conroy looks more relaxed this year. He knows his role and he's doing it. Last year, he was asked to contribute more offensively because of the team's inconsistent production. This year, he's asked to play a more checking role and contribute what he can offensively. This is the type of role that he excels.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Better linemates have definitely helped, but I think Conroy looks more relaxed this year. He knows his role and he's doing it. Last year, he was asked to contribute more offensively because of the team's inconsistent production. This year, he's asked to play a more checking role and contribute what he can offensively. This is the type of role that he excels.
Which comes down to who he is playing with... either way its about the addition (and development) of depth and scoring to this team