HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about European FA's (and waivers)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2009, 09:14 PM
  #26
King Isles 13
Registered User
 
King Isles 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to King Isles 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS2448 View Post
i understand the reason he went through waivers jsut dont understand how it all went down
dubie was bought out in russia. dubie signed with the islanders. dubie got officially released from his contract in russia. dubie had to clear waivers because he was playing in a different league. since the islanders signed him, they cant put a waiver claim in for him, so he goes through waivers and it starts with the 2nd worst team.

King Isles 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:35 PM
  #27
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
stupid rule, honestly as much as i hate the islanders this is absolutely ridiculous, the bj's have three league ready goalies now in leclaire mason and dubi, the only reason they claimed him was because they want to trade leclaire now. Meanwhile the islanders have absolutely no nhl ready goalies and are going with an ahl'er. This rule needs to be fixed and the person who wrote it was obviously under the influence. BTW die hasenfratzzzzzzzzz

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:44 PM
  #28
King Isles 13
Registered User
 
King Isles 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to King Isles 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethon2998 View Post
stupid rule, honestly as much as i hate the islanders this is absolutely ridiculous, the bj's have three league ready goalies now in leclaire mason and dubi, the only reason they claimed him was because they want to trade leclaire now. Meanwhile the islanders have absolutely no nhl ready goalies and are going with an ahl'er. This rule needs to be fixed and the person who wrote it was obviously under the influence. BTW die hasenfratzzzzzzzzz
the only reason they claimed him is because the islanders rejected a deal that columbus offered involving doug weight.

King Isles 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 10:37 PM
  #29
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Isles 13 View Post
dubie was bought out in russia. dubie signed with the islanders. dubie got officially released from his contract in russia. dubie had to clear waivers because he was playing in a different league. since the islanders signed him, they cant put a waiver claim in for him, so he goes through waivers and it starts with the 2nd worst team.
Bingo--many thanks for explaining it yet again (several posters, including myself have tried on at least 3 different threads).

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:33 AM
  #30
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS2448 View Post
thats a good way to do it worse to best has a chance at the player. but if say the
3rd worst team signs a player the only teams that should be able to claim said player is the 2 teams below the signing team in the standings. just doesnt make sense why a better team should be able to take a player away something that should be changed in the future.
the point of waivers is so that every other team in the league has a shot at the player.

If you were to make it so that the 3rd worst team only had to worry about two teams claiming a player, the worst team in the league is immune to waivers. That'd mean if they wanted they could send any NHLer they wanted to the minors and bring them up whenever, no penalties no risk of losing the player at half salary. It'd be foolish to have waivers work this way, it eliminates the point of having them.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 05:46 AM
  #31
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethon2998 View Post
stupid rule, honestly as much as i hate the islanders this is absolutely ridiculous, the bj's have three league ready goalies now in leclaire mason and dubi, the only reason they claimed him was because they want to trade leclaire now. Meanwhile the islanders have absolutely no nhl ready goalies and are going with an ahl'er. This rule needs to be fixed and the person who wrote it was obviously under the influence. BTW die hasenfratzzzzzzzzz
the rule itself isn't stupid, it was made so that nhl teams can't park a player in europe and then sign him at the deadline for far less of a cap hit.
in this special case of course it sucks for the isles, but on the other hand you should always have 3 nhl ready goaltenders in your organization...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 11:35 AM
  #32
RANGERS2448
Registered User
 
RANGERS2448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
the rule itself isn't stupid, it was made so that nhl teams can't park a player in europe and then sign him at the deadline for far less of a cap hit.
in this special case of course it sucks for the isles, but on the other hand you should always have 3 nhl ready goaltenders in your organization...
do we (Rangers) have 3 nhl ready goalies in the orgaanization i dont think wiikman is ready

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 11:52 AM
  #33
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS2448 View Post
do we (Rangers) have 3 nhl ready goalies in the orgaanization i dont think wiikman is ready
nobody knows if he is, and it's definitely a risk if one of vally or hank (god forbid) goes down for some time, wiikman will have to play some games...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 02:31 PM
  #34
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
nobody knows if he is, and it's definitely a risk if one of vally or hank (god forbid) goes down for some time, wiikman will have to play some games...
Or pick up a goalie from the waiver wire!

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 02:42 PM
  #35
Macke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,752
vCash: 500
Forget Jagr, go get Forsberg.

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.