HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/14: Ottawa @ Atlanta, 7:30, TSN

Old
01-15-2009, 11:19 AM
RingoCalamity

vCash: 500
Good game. A lot more tense than against Carolina, where it really felt like the Sens controlled the game pretty much start to finish.

I'm inclined to agree with McGuire re: Elliot. I think he was very lucky tonight that none of those rebounds got cashed - against a more opportunistic team with more net drive, he would have been in trouble. I'm not writing him off or anything, but I don't think this game was his best work. Especially after hearing how strong Elliot's rebound control can be during his time in the A.

We'll see what happens against Montreal. Fingers crossed.

The rest of the team looked okay. Heatley was invisible for long stretches, I wondered at one point if he'd gotten himself hurt or something.

Anyway. Back to back wins, I'd kind of forgotten that you could do that. Pretty cool.

RingoCalamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangu View Post
He should be given the most ice time. If this team is going to win, its going to be on the backs of the Brians. Guys that have the skill to play at their spots, but that may not have rounded off their weaknesses. We aren't going to win on the backs of the Alexs of the team, who may be more seasoned, but just don't have the skill to play major roles.
I was reading you post and thinking that i was about to see your first post without a bashing on Alexandre Picard... But, as subtle as it was (the Alexs), you did it...

He digged your gf or what?

Altough, i'm not saying that Brian Elliot and Lee won't become more important to this team than Alex Picard and Auld...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Moe Mantha

Only got to watch the 1st period last night. Did those empty seats fill up? I was pretty shocked to see what looked like a pretty empty arena!

Moe Mantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Kanataboy68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Mantha View Post
Only got to watch the 1st period last night. Did those empty seats fill up? I was pretty shocked to see what looked like a pretty empty arena!
Yeah, it was really empty. the seating seemed to be fuller on one side of the ice and virtually empty on the other. In the Sun, Chris Stevenson said that one whole section only had a few people in it...

Kanataboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:57 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyBass View Post
I'm sorry, but any other rookie defenseman on any other team and this would be a much bigger story. But no, it's the Ottawa Senators, and Brian Lee, who is a boring defenseman that just quietly has solid games, so he doesn't get any hype at all.
Remember at the beginning of the season when they were showing highlights of Luke Schenn doing routine plays?

Like breaking up a pass or something.

Hilarious.

NyQuil is online now   Reply With Quote