HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Tim Thomas rocks Andrei Kostitsyn (YT - post # 1)

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2009, 04:24 AM
BrianSmith
Chokers

vCash: 500
Awesome by Thomas. That goes miles for the B's. Ward gets hurt, and the GOALIE does something about it.

For the Habs, before you start b*tchin, look at your own team how they do NOTHING! Today, Mike Grier wanted a piece of Artukin(it's late and i dont care if i mispell his name) of the TB Lightning.... Grier would have gotten killed, but it was sending a message that you can't get away with hitting a guy after the whistle.

I personally found it pathetic that none of the habs did anything... and btw, when a goalie does hit someone, he is fair game... so don't fall behind that excuse. I've seen many goalies hit someone and then they get shoved back.

Anyways, from a Sharks fan, I only think more highly of Boston (they are one of my favorite teams besides the Sharks) and you gotta love sticking up for your team after a cheap shot was just thrown. Even if Thomas got suspended, which he won't, I'd still endorse what he did. It goes SSOOOOO far in building team identity and sending a message of "don't F with us or we'll come for you." I love it.

Old
01-14-2009, 05:58 AM
AK

Thomas pwnd him, but that's not necessary.

Old
01-14-2009, 06:00 AM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonder01 View Post
absolutely.

AK is a dirty player
I'm so happy about what Thomas did, AK deserves it.
Those thinking that Halak had to go after Thomas I only say that he made the right decision by staying as far as possible away from Timmy, since he would have had his ass kicked in a way he never would forget.

Old
01-14-2009, 06:36 AM
WeberStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt thrower View Post
I'm so happy about what Thomas did, AK deserves it.
Those thinking that Halak had to go after Thomas I only say that he made the right decision by staying as far as possible away from Timmy, since he would have had his ass kicked in a way he never would forget.
AK deserved it badly! He's such a cheap shot artist, it's not even funny. I loved the reaction of Thomas.

P.S. Are you living in Basel, Switzerland? Anyway nice country flag

Last edited by WeberStreit: 01-14-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old
01-14-2009, 06:55 AM
Andy

I think Bruins fans are just mad because everytime Andrei Kostitsyn plays them he owns their D. If it wasn't for Tomas yesterday he would have had a hatty.

In his young 2 season career 15 points in 15 games.

Old
01-14-2009, 06:55 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil the thrill View Post
I find it incredibly amusing that Habs fans think Thomas should be suspended for that. Habs fans wonder why they are hated, they are so blinded by their gluttony its pathetic.
??? Who called for a suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK37 View Post
Look - I never said the Bruins are the best at anything....this shows that you area not an objective fan.......because I am a Bruins fan - you're gonna pull that crap - give me a break.

You are delusional if you think Boston has a reputation for diving......it is common knowledge that the habs are notorious for their diving and they get a shetload of calls when they are at the Bell Centre as a result of it....hey - it works for them...until the refs put a stop to it - i don't blame them.

But don't even try to tell me the B's are knowon for diving
Marc Savard is one of the biggest divers in the league. And Wheeler pulled a magestic one on that crosscheck. Maybe they just have bad balance.

By the way, what the **** is up with Ward? The guy has to be the weakest little baby in the entire league. Anytime you hit this guy, even a light contact, he falls down like a sack of bricks and lays on the ice crying like a little girl. The "boarding" hit that led to this was NOTHING and it certainly wasn't boarding. He hit him from the side and Ward made his best Patrice Bergeron impersionation. The guy has the pain treshhold of a 7 year old.

waffledave
Old
01-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Riffo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
You mean AK deserved to get a stick in the face? Is it really what you're advocating for??
He deserves much worse. I'm thinking of a Mclaren-like hit. What goes around comes around.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:22 AM
TonyTinglebone

From what I saw in the game Ward was already hurt before he got hit from blocking a shot a couple seconds prior to the hit, so no need to call him a weak little baby or whatever for going down. Kostitsyn hits him from behind, but I think it was really only worth a 2 min penalty as he was quite close to the boards and it wasn't really that bad. That same hit was thrown at least two other times in this game, but no call since the guy didn't go down.

Also did see Komisarek throw a couple of low bridge hits in this game. Kinda disappointing having to agree with Bruins fans on that, but that is dangerous and can cause some serious injury.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Kessel View Post
He deserves much worse. I'm thinking of a Mclaren-like hit. What goes around comes around.
Thats classless at the bottom of every level but it doesnt surprise me coming from you.

You would probably cheer if some habs players get literally killed on the ice !

Old
Flinch*

Oh man. The bitter Habs fans are out in full force. I guess since they can't crow on and on in the 'Can the Habs catch the Bruins' thread since they got owned last night, they have to grasp at straws elsewhere.

Good on Thomas. Team unity is a wonderful, beautiful thing.

Old
btn
Gone Hollywood

There are many things you can say about that hit by Thomas, but "rocks" is not one of them.

And Thomas needs to pick his spots better if he is going to do that, 99% of the time that "boarding" call is either going to be a no call...or at worst a 2 minute penalty....Which means he is going to cost his team a PP by reacting like that more often than not.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Flinch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Thats classless at the bottom of every level but it doesnt surprise me coming from you.

You would probably cheer if some habs players get literally killed on the ice !
As opposed to metaphorically killed?

Old
01-14-2009, 07:26 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Oh man. The bitter Habs fans are out in full force. I guess since they can't crow on and on in the 'Can the Habs catch the Bruins' thread since they got owned last night, they have to grasp at straws elsewhere.

Good on Thomas. Team unity is a wonderful, beautiful thing.
I'm a very objective fans and I enjoy good hockey which the bruins have delivered this year..
Actually the bruins team is the most skilled team in the east !
I won't try to deny that.
And i dont effin care if we catch them or not ... i was pissed that the refs decided the outcome of this game...

Anyway we should play each other in the playoff again this year !

Old
01-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Flinch*

Oh.

The referees decided the game last night.

I thought it was because the sun was in their eyes.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
cloutier type move.

bad thing to do thomas.
If you had seen what Kostitsyn had done to Ward right before this happened you might understand it a little better.

Kostitsyn got a 5 minute major for his dirty hit on Ward

Thomas got a 2 minute roughing penalty for his slash on Kostitsyn

For once the refs actually got it right.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:30 AM
saskbruin44*
Stanley Cup Champs

Send a message via ICQ to saskbruin44*
Quote:
diving is the lamest excuse ever...
soccer players dives...

Hockey players rarely dives they either get hooked or trip... and sometimes fall down because of the ice. This includes any players in the league with the exception of Derek Roy and Sean Avery !
Isn't this the hab team motto?

Old
01-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exzphurt View Post
AKost hits Ward from the side, Ward goes down like the bigbaby***** that he his, Thomas loses his **** and sticks him in the face while he's looking the other way...

... and Thomas is the hero in this situation?
Yeah and Ward left the game and didn't come back... but obviously he was faking.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:32 AM
saskbruin44*
Stanley Cup Champs

Send a message via ICQ to saskbruin44*
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
??? Who called for a suspension?

Marc Savard is one of the biggest divers in the league. And Wheeler pulled a magestic one on that crosscheck. Maybe they just have bad balance.

By the way, what the **** is up with Ward? The guy has to be the weakest little baby in the entire league. Anytime you hit this guy, even a light contact, he falls down like a sack of bricks and lays on the ice crying like a little girl. The "boarding" hit that led to this was NOTHING and it certainly wasn't boarding. He hit him from the side and Ward made his best Patrice Bergeron impersionation. The guy has the pain treshhold of a 7 year old.
sounds like Komisarik.....

Ward is a warrior. Canes fans will agree.

Jealous perhaps???

Old
01-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
Man I would have loved to see Price skate all the way down the ice

He would have kicked Thomas' ass
Yeah that would have been great... except for Price wasn't in net and is currently injured...

Old
01-14-2009, 07:34 AM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Yeah and Ward left the game and didn't come back... but obviously he was faking.

You do know that he left the game because of the shot he blocked prior to the hit? Or at least that's what they were saying on VS

Old
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exzphurt View Post
Dude... I hate Thomas and all, but the ****er hunts bears, man. Bears! Price has George Straite painted on his mask. I don't really wanna see the two of them go.
And he hunts them with a Bow and Arrow... Not a gun...

Old
Canadian_Brewtality

Just an FYI about the ward reaction

As pointed out (and reviewed by myself on the play) by Pat Burns this morning on the radio, before the hit, Ward blocked a shot on the play and was in visible pain.
Hmmm...i wonder if that had to do with the fact that he stay on the ground, but yet played the next shift.

Stop being bruins homers and look at the play as it is. I agree that Kosti has had a few objectional hits in his career, but this wasnt one of them. The refs punished him because Ward (as per usual) stay down as if he was just shot, but yet was ok the remainder of the period. He left after the game due to the blocked shot, or a charlie horse, but the hit was not dirty.

Thomas reaction was chicken ****, and was more of a blinsided dirty play than kostisyn. At worst both players deserved 2 min penalties. I cant fault the bruins because they dont make the calls, but it was just a poorus job of officiating.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Thomas should have swung that goalie stick baseball style at that little ratfink *******.

Glad he was as tired of his borderline hits as everyone else was.

The beautiful part. It resulted in a 2 minute 4 on 3 for the Habs, and then a 3 minute 5 on 4 for the B's... but that's apparently what decided the game.

Puh lease.

Ah yer, and Komisarek was showing last night why he needs the **** kicked out of him on a game by game basis. Either that or he needs to take a class on how to hip check. Twice he went incredibly low on Bitz, and twice he was allowed to get away with it. Big man when Looch isn't on the ice... standing up to Marc Savard and all.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:38 AM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
The beautiful part. It resulted in a 2 minute 4 on 3 for the Habs, and then a 3 minute 5 on 4 for the B's... but that's apparently what decided the game.

Puh lease.
I believe it was a 1:30 4 on 3. and then a 3 min 5 on 4, during which Montreal took another penalty and Boston had a 2 min 5 on 3. At least that's what I remember.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Gator Mike

Quote:
i was pissed that the refs decided the outcome of this game.
So, it was Chris Lee's fault the Canadiens didn't score any goals at even strength, huh?

Interesting.

Closed Thread