HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Tim Thomas rocks Andrei Kostitsyn (YT - post # 1)

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman03 View Post
I believe it was a 1:30 4 on 3. and then a 3 min 5 on 4, during which Montreal took another penalty and Boston had a 2 min 5 on 3. At least that's what I remember.
The 2 min 5 on 3 had nothing to do with that check.

You are right though, Boston got a 5 on 3 out of it, but I doubt any Habs fans start claiming that second penalty wasn't deserved at all.

Point being, this penalty was not a game decider. The stupid penalty that lead to the 5 on 3 may have been, but thats on the Habs, not the refs.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:42 AM
awesome-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Thomas should have swung that goalie stick baseball style at that little ratfink *******.

Glad he was as tired of his borderline hits as everyone else was.

The beautiful part. It resulted in a 2 minute 4 on 3 for the Habs, and then a 3 minute 5 on 4 for the B's... but that's apparently what decided the game.

Puh lease.

Ah yer, and Komisarek was showing last night why he needs the **** kicked out of him on a game by game basis. Either that or he needs to take a class on how to hip check. Twice he went incredibly low on Bitz, and twice he was allowed to get away with it. Big man when Looch isn't on the ice... standing up to Marc Savard and all.

yeah that 5-3 was because of Hamerlik penalty, that came right after.

Good point Kaoz the habs add their chance but didnt score

Old
Riverboat Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman03 View Post
I believe it was a 1:30 4 on 3. and then a 3 min 5 on 4, during which Montreal took another penalty and Boston had a 2 min 5 on 3. At least that's what I remember.
That's what happened. The GWG was scored on a 2-man advantage. The 2-man advantage was the even-up call for the resulting 4 on 3.

The Bruins played a tight defensive game and were the opportunistic team. Sometimes you get calls sometimes you don't. Bruins did tonight.

Kostitsyn's hit wasn't that bad he was trying to make a play to sustain the pressure the Habs had on the B's, and especially the reeling Ward. Kostitsyn could have really layed into Ward and didn't.

Old
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by portal333 View Post
Hexy's legacy lives. It warms my heart.
Well I'd argue that it's actually Billy Smith's legacy

Old
01-14-2009, 07:43 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

That was so awesome. Kostitsyn running away, Thomas just decks him.

Now that's a team.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:44 AM
shao01

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK37 View Post
Kostitsyn hit Aaron Ward from behind which drew a 5 minute major for boarding.

THomas got 2 minutes for roughing

That's something that goes a long way with your teammates.....kostitsyn has a history of throwing cheap shots vs the bruins.....kudos for thomas for putting him on his arse
Stop being an arse. Kostitsyn should not have been assessed a penalty.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Humphrey*

a) lol at anyone claiming Thomas "rocked" him. it was basically a shove.

b) lol at Jack Edwards forgetting he was supposed to come across as a somewhat neutral announcer last night.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:48 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:

That's something that goes a long way with your teammates.....kostitsyn has a history of throwing cheap shots vs the bruins.....kudos for thomas for putting him on his arse
Not just the Bruins, Kostitsyn will hit players from behind from many teams.

Old
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
habs hate is getting ridiculous on HF....

saying A.Kost deserved it is so stupid. It's like saying Steve Moore deserved what he got from Bertuzzi because of his cheapshot on Naslund.

the call was made on Kostitsyn, he already had what he deserved.

Old
TonyTinglebone

Quote:

You are right though, Boston got a 5 on 3 out of it, but I doubt any Habs fans start claiming that second penalty wasn't deserved at all.

Point being, this penalty was not a game decider. The stupid penalty that lead to the 5 on 3 may have been, but thats on the Habs, not the refs.
Oh I agree, I am a Habs fan, but I was just explaining why people would think it was a game deciding penalty. In my eyes if Ward had blocked the shot with his shinpad instead of unprotected leg he wouldn't have gone down from the hit, and it would have been 2 mins not 5, offsetting penalty with Thomas and blah blah blah. Can't live in a world of shoulds and woulds though. Also watching the game the game turned for both teams around the time of that hit. That moment was huge in this game.

Either way great game and looking forward to the next one.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:51 AM
MaKi

Quote:

That was the Hamrlik crosschecking penalty right?
It was a penalty no doubt, a little tough to swallow when we were already down a man though.
The problem I had with it is that the same thing went uncalled at the other end in that same period.
Pacioretty was skating out of the zone and #48 for you guys on defense I think it was gave him a crosscheck in the back as he was leaving the zone which knocked him down.
Exact same play and no call.

Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming the loss on this at all.
The B's capitalised on their chance, took the lead, and played solid defense.
The habs couldn't capitalise on the scoring chances they managed and that was that.

It's just the inconsistency from the refs that bothers me sometimes, and I see it in alot of games I watch, even games where the Canadiens aren't playing

Old
01-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Judge Smails
How 'bout a Fresca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Thomas reaction was chicken ****, and was more of a blinsided dirty play than kostisyn.
Funny stuff. AK hit Ward in the back. Thomas hit AK in the face. There's nothing more "chicken****" than hitting a guy in the back and running away.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:52 AM
shao01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
habs hate is getting ridiculous on HF....

saying A.Kost deserved it is so stupid. It's like saying Steve Moore deserved what he got from Bertuzzi because of his cheapshot on Naslund.

the call was made on Kostitsyn, he got a penalty he didn't deserve.

Corrections in bold

Old
01-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shao01 View Post
Corrections in bold
I don't know, I entirely missed the second period so I didn't see what happened.

though, if the refs made a call, it's because they saw a dangerous move. Therefore, since I didn't see it, I will hypotetically say that he deserved the call.

Old
01-14-2009, 07:59 AM
MaKi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
I don't know, I entirely missed the second period so I didn't see what happened.

though, if the refs made a call, it's because they saw a dangerous move. Therefore, since I didn't see it, I will hypotetically say that he deserved the call.
The penalty was deserved, even the 5minutes was deserved imo.
He didn't hit him as hard as some hits from behind I've seen, but it doesn't change the fact that it was from behind.

Old
01-14-2009, 08:00 AM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Just an FYI about the ward reaction

As pointed out (and reviewed by myself on the play) by Pat Burns this morning on the radio, before the hit, Ward blocked a shot on the play and was in visible pain.
Hmmm...i wonder if that had to do with the fact that he stay on the ground, but yet played the next shift.

Stop being bruins homers and look at the play as it is. I agree that Kosti has had a few objectional hits in his career, but this wasnt one of them. The refs punished him because Ward (as per usual) stay down as if he was just shot, but yet was ok the remainder of the period. He left after the game due to the blocked shot, or a charlie horse, but the hit was not dirty.

Thomas reaction was chicken ****, and was more of a blinsided dirty play than kostisyn. At worst both players deserved 2 min penalties. I cant fault the bruins because they dont make the calls, but it was just a poorus job of officiating.
Even Thomas himself now admits he overreacted to the hit. He thought it was worse than it actually was. But...

Quote:
“I’m going to let the league look into that,” Julien said. “I guess the big thing with me is it’s not the first time this guy has done that. I don’t like to see that happening over and over from the same guys.”

The Bruins goalie said afterward that he reacted to the sound of the hit, but after seeing the replay it might not have been that bad. Montreal coach Guy Carbonneau thought the referee overreacted, too.

“I don’t get the five minutes,” he said. “I saw the replay and I didn’t think it was a penalty.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap?gi...011301&prov=ap
In a matter of three paragraphs, we get "league should look into it", "I overreacted", and "it was clean and there shouldn't have even been a penalty". LOL. Hockey is funny.

I think the refs reacted to #46 being the one throwing the check and Ward dropping like a swatted fly. A.Kostitsyn has taken these penalties before and has gotten away with other questionable hits. He needs to smarten up or players will continue to drop to draw the penalties and the refs will start to call him automatically every time. In the end, it's Andrei Kostitsyn's fault.

Old
01-14-2009, 08:00 AM
shao01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
Funny stuff. AK hit Ward in the back. Thomas hit AK in the face. There's nothing more "chicken****" than hitting a guy in the back and running away.
Ak hit Ward clean and somehow got a penalty. That was a bs call by a bs ref.

Old
01-14-2009, 08:06 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
wow, people like you obviously dont watch hockey or ever played the game. What kosti did is considered a hockey play. A hard check on a player who had the puck. Just because a player is hit and a)dosent see it coming and b)turns towards the boards at the last second, dosent make it dirty. A player`s motion to hit is already there, what do you want to do? Its not like Ward was against the glass for 30 secodns and lined him up. He even let up and Ward wasnt even hit all that hard in comparison to other hits last night, but as i mentioned he was already hurt before the hit, hence his girlish squirming after the hit.
What thomas did was dirtier because it is not a hockey play, it was blinsiding a player who he knows will not be able to go after him. Goalies who go after players (ala Hextall) at least have the balls to fight. Thomas cheap shots him, goes after a habs player on the floor then retreats in his net.

What a hero.

Old
01-14-2009, 08:07 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Big man when Looch isn't on the ice
You really shouldn't call him that. His name is Milan Lucic.

Old
01-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Gobias Industries
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
You really shouldn't call him that. His name is Milan Lucic.
Seriously buddy? His nickname within the team and to the entire fanbase is Looch...

Old
01-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Crossovert*

that was after the baording, great stuff though

Old
01-14-2009, 08:28 AM
BrentZ10

That was fantastic.

Old
01-14-2009, 08:28 AM
georgec5614

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
They are called hip checks.
No they are NOT! Hip checks are delivered at HIP level not knee level!! Learn what a hip check is before you start spouting this nonsense to defend Komisarek's low hits.

Old
01-14-2009, 08:29 AM
eraserhead

Quote:

That was awesome. I hate Kostitsyn.

Old
01-14-2009, 08:33 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbruin44 View Post
sounds like Komisarik.....

Ward is a warrior. Canes fans will agree.

Jealous perhaps???
What are Hab fans jealous about again?

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
Closed Thread