HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Vincent Lecavalier Thread - Part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
We are waiting for Vinny to wake up and demand out.
I think he's waiting for the temperature to at least reach -500..
Today's -1000 might be a little too much.

Old
01-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think he's waiting for the temperature to at least reach -500..
Today's -1000 might be a little too much.
Man likes it there. Can't be doubted.

They did **** with him big time though.

Old
01-15-2009, 02:36 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
The difference is there is actually new info now. You said it would never happened based on nothing.

But I'm sure if you were wrong you'd have come here hat in hand all humbly admitting your error.
Actually it was probably based on the fact Lecavalier signed an 11 year contract with a NTC. Figured that was a big enough hint he didn't want to go anywhere.

Old
01-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Actually it was probably based on the fact Lecavalier signed an 11 year contract with a NTC. Figured that was a big enough hint he didn't want to go anywhere.
Of course he didn't. Team may have wanted to trade though.

What do you think happened this week?

Old
01-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

end/

Old
01-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Gotta admit Jack...you just got served!

Man..I gotta sleep more..

Old
01-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Oh yeah, you're right. I totally forgot no one's ever been traded after signing a contract. Oh, and that no one that didn't want to go anywhere has ever been traded either. Silly me.

Old
01-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Pretty sure you're right, Vinnie didn't want to go anywhere, but a NTC in Tampa Bay means squat, just ask Dan Boyle.

Old
01-15-2009, 02:41 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Of course he didn't. Team may have wanted to trade though.

What do you think happened this week?
Well don't both the player AND team have to commit to 11 year contracts? Isn't he the star of the team?

There are plenty of reasons to believe nothing would happen. We've seen these rumours before, this **** is getting really old.

Old
01-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Oh yeah, you're right. I totally forgot no one's ever been traded after signing a contract. Oh, and that no one that didn't want to go anywhere has ever been traded either. Silly me.
Montreal media made everything up, of course. It was so apparent nothing would happen. Nothing ever happens.

Bob zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Quote:
Well don't both the player AND team have to commit to 11 year contracts? Isn't he the star of the team?

There are plenty of reasons to believe nothing would happen. We've seen these rumours before, this **** is getting really old.
The NTC isn't in effect til July 1st.

Vinny himself gave an interview about it "hurting", "at least being able to take part in where he was going", "not saying no to a trade to Montreal".

You thing Koivu gives an interview like this about going to the NYR or something for no reason?

Could it be that he was (is) up for trade and that either ownership is having cold feet or TB management is bluffing for a better offer? Isn't that more probable?

Old
01-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Philanthropist

Vinster how could you do this to me.

Old
01-15-2009, 02:47 PM
le_sean

Quote:
The NTC isn't in effect til July 1st.

Vinny himself gave an interview about it "hurting", "at least being able to take part in where he was going", "not saying no to a trade to Montreal".

You thing Koivu gives an interview like this about going to the NYR or something for no reason?

Could it be that he was (is) up for trade and that either ownership is having cold feet or TB management is bluffing for a better offer? Isn't that more probable?
I honestly think he was just being nice. If Renaud goes all the way to interview him he's not going to say "**** off" on camera. Plus he's still loved here, regardless of the fact he's on the Lightning. Why would he hurt that by saying anything bad about the Habs?

I just didn't buy it. He said he loved the Habs as a youth and that of course he would love to play there, who wouldn't?

Old
01-15-2009, 02:48 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

If I was Vinny I would ask for a trade after this circus. Holy crap man...this team might be worse run than the Islanders.

waffledave
Old
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
At the moment of his signature, you can't possibly believe Vinny was thinking about eventually getting traded.
If he were than there's no point to sign such a long contract.

He signed the last contract of his career with a NTC because he wanted to stay in TB.
That being said, it doesn't mean that 3years later he'd still want to play there, never know what can happen.

But at the signing of his extension, his intentions were clearly to finish his career in TB. You can't possibly deny that.

Old
Viggo Mortensen
Gandalf the Grey

Maybe Chris Lee is behind all these fake hopes

He enjoys seeing us suffer

Old
01-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
At the moment of his signature, you can't possibly believe Vinny was thinking about eventually getting traded.
If he were than there's no point to sign such a long contract.

He signed the last contract of his career with a NTC because he wanted to stay in TB.
That being said, it doesn't mean that 3years later he'd still want to play there, never know what can happen.

But at the signing of his extension, his intentions were clearly to finish his career in TB. You can't possibly deny that.
Show me where I did.

Old
01-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Fido22

Quote:
I honestly think he was just being nice. If Renaud goes all the way to interview him he's not going to say "**** off" on camera. Plus he's still loved here, regardless of the fact he's on the Lightning. Why would he hurt that by saying anything bad about the Habs?

I just didn't buy it. He said he loved the Habs as a youth and that of course he would love to play there, who wouldn't?
He's going to say "No comment to rumours. I love being in TB and just signed a lifetime contract here. That said, Montreal is a great city and has great fans, etc., etc, etc.".

Come on! Did you even listen to the interview? What did he mean "was hurting"? What were he and his agent talking about being consulted before a trade?

I know it's easier to not play along and not be disapointed, the the mature thing is to look at the facts and realize there was a serious push for Vinny and it (til now at least) avorted on TB's side. This wasn't an Ek based rumour.

Closed Thread