HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn....

Old
01-15-2009, 10:32 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vCash: 500
First 29 games: 6 goals
Last 9 games: 8 goals

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 10:41 AM
ppil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Let me take a guess, he's been playing with his brother the last 9 games?

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 10:58 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
30 goal season is coming

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 11:13 AM
gillyguzzler

I might be completely wrong on this but sometimes I wonder if his conditioning is as good as it should be this year. He seems a little heavier around the chin/throat. I know his wife is now Canada and maybe she's a good cook. I know I gained a few pounds when I first got married.

Otherwise, he is a treat to watch and the poster who said that he's not physical at all must be Benoit Brunet's bum buddy.

Again he scores and creates chances. What a shot on his goal. All this in less than 15 minutes of ice time. With a bit more PP time and 5-5 time, he'll produce even more.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-16-2009 at 08:36 AM.
gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:01 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
14 pts in 10 games since Xmas.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:43 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
He can become an elite goalscorere if he was to play with a talented playmaker. As a goalscorer he would also garner assists. I would love to see him play with Vinnie and SK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Carbo said when Andrei plays physical and plays in the high traffic areas of the net he plays like a true powerforward.

Andrei style is weird, he's a hybrid style a kind of jack of all trades master of none. He can snipe, get dirty, pass, dangle way above avergae but does none at an elite level, does it mean he's bad? NO! he's still a great player.

I always said he reminds me a poor man's Kovalchuck/Ovechkin, but I think powerforward in the sense of picking up the garbage best suits Andrei, he's great at it.

He's the only one of our young players that has potential to be a PPG, but he can't do it alone. I'd love to see him playing wing to a guy like Lecavalier, they would tear up.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:52 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
He can become an elite goalscorere if he was to play with a talented playmaker. As a goalscorer he would also garner assists. I would love to see him play with Vinnie and SK.
Land has been very good but I agree that AK46 would benefit from playing with Saku. For the few games they did play together, they played great. SK74 also has experience playing with Saku.

Higgins-Lang-Tangs would sure be acceptable as the 3rd line!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:25 AM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil View Post
Let me take a guess, he's been playing with his brother the last 9 games?
Or more accurately, playing away from Kovafloat in his natural RIGHT wing position.

As for being a power forward, I agree. A Kost is turning into one.

Hit rankings on our team:
(Games Played, Hits, Hits per Game)
1 Steve Begin 33 101 3.1
2 Michael Komisarek 27 97 3.6
3 Guillaume Latendresse 36 96 2.7
4 Francis Bouillon 38 93 2.4
5 Tom Kostopoulos 39 91 2.3
6 Andrei Kostitsyn 39 71 1.8 (up from last year)
7 Maxim Lapierre 40 64 1.6
8 Josh Gorges 43 59 1.4
9 Roman Hamrlik 42 57 1.4
10 Ryan O'Byrne 22 49 2.2
11 Sergei Kostitsyn 40 38 1.0 (more physical than Kovalev...haha)
12 Christopher Higgins 21 37 1.8
13 Alex Kovalev 43 35 0.8 (down from last year)

1 Michael Komisarek 75 266 3.5
2 Francis Bouillon 74 168 2.3
3 Roman Hamrlik 77 138 1.8
4 Guillaume Latendresse 73 134 1.8
5 Tom Kostopoulos 67 128 1.9
6 Michael Ryder 70 122 1.7
7 Steve Begin 44 119 2.7
8 Andrei Kostitsyn 78 102 1.3
9 Maxim Lapierre 53 101 1.9
10 Alex Kovalev 82 88 1.1
11 Josh Gorges 62 76 1.2
12 Christopher Higgins 82 76 0.9

Last edited by lou4gehrig: 01-16-2009 at 09:38 AM.
lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:55 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
What a shot last night, top corner opposite side.. no goalie is stopping that.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:58 AM
tollb2

imagin what he could do with a elite set up man like savard , kosty is giving alot and its showing in points .

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:02 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
What a shot last night, top corner opposite side.. no goalie is stopping that.
Did it not go under the goalies arm?

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
22 49 2.2
11 Sergei Kostitsyn 40 38 1.0 (more physical than Kovalev...haha)
Why is that funny?..I didn't know Kovalev was supposed to lead in checks.

Your beef with Kovalev is ridiculous.

You know who was one of the best floaters of this league?..Mario Lemieux. Lemieux used to wait around for a breakout pass a lot and then deke the whole team to score.
Kovalev is the same style.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Did it not go under the goalies arm?
His shot hit the stick of the D in front and got redirected top corner.
Because from the net cam, you clearly see the goalie squeeze his arm as if the puck was there.
But from another view, the puck goes top corner and you see the D's stick on the ground...

So..there ya have it.

Old
01-16-2009, 10:13 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

You know who was one of the best floaters of this league?..Mario Lemieux. Lemieux used to wait around for a breakout pass a lot and then deke the whole team to score.
Exactly, and Sergei has always been known to be feisty and play with an edge... he IS supposed to get some hits!

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:20 AM
lou4gehrig

Quote:

Sorry you lost me when you justified Kovalev's floating by using the words "Mario Lemieux".

I don't have a "beef" with Kovalev. It's just funny that when A Kost moves away from Kovalev's line he suddenly plays better. I don't mind Kovalev. He's just shouldn't be our "star" player. He's a nice complimentary piece. I am neutral on Kovalev.

I think maybe the problem is your aggressive man-crush for Kovalev. I mean people should be able to express a neutral opinion of him without you losing it huh?

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Judge Sauer*

Let's not get ahead of ourselves guys. Let Andrei be Andrei instead of calling him Foppa lite or any other comparisons.
We've finally done away with the Komo as the next Stevens and the Price as the next Brodeur.
Turns out, Komo has great talent and is showing it while not really playing like Stevens at all. Price is doing his own thing, totally calm but having fun after a win and doing goofy celebrations.
No need to start pegging the 'Lite' to Andrei at this point. He has his style and that's what we'll know him for.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:32 AM
CanadienErrant*

Andrei is finally reaching his potential. He is finally playing RW, his natural position.

I hope this line with his bro and Lang will be kept intact with the return of Koivu and Higgins, soon. Dandenault and Laraque are not far away.

I guess D'agostini, Chipchura and Pacioretty will be sent back to Hamilton.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Andrei is finally reaching his potential. He is finally playing RW, his natural position.
When was this? He has been playing LW with his brother on the right. You can tell it's Sergei on that side because almost every time he enters the zone on the RW with the puck, he cuts back and looks to make a pass to the left wing/middle. Aside from the obvious reasons on wanting to see AK on the RW, I'd like to see what Sergei could do on the left, having the puck on his forehand ready to make a pass may stop him making that move time and time again, bring a bit of variety to the plays he makes when entering the zone.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:41 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Anyone think andrei will finish the points leader on the team this year?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:43 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
When was this? He has been playing LW with his brother on the right. You can tell it's Sergei on that side because almost every time he enters the zone on the RW with the puck, he cuts back and looks to make a pass to the left wing/middle. Aside from the obvious reasons on wanting to see AK on the RW, I'd like to see what Sergei could do on the left, having the puck on his forehand ready to make a pass may stop him making that move time and time again, bring a bit of variety to the plays he makes when entering the zone.
I do believe Andrei was RW on the powerplay goal that he scored, but that's about it. I agree about Sergei though, he seems slow, gains the blueline, cuts, looks his brother. Everytime.

Old
01-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Sorry you lost me when you justified Kovalev's floating by using the words "Mario Lemieux".

I don't have a "beef" with Kovalev. It's just funny that when A Kost moves away from Kovalev's line he suddenly plays better. I don't mind Kovalev. He's just shouldn't be our "star" player. He's a nice complimentary piece. I am neutral on Kovalev.

I think maybe the problem is your aggressive man-crush for Kovalev. I mean people should be able to express a neutral opinion of him without you losing it huh?
I don't care about Kovalev, it's actually the first time I ever defend him on these boards. So I think that speaks for itself, as you know our boards.

Sorry for thinking you're not neutral when you laugh because Sergei has more checks..or maybe it's because you called him Kovafloat, which I now know was a compliment.

That being said, if A.Kost plays better when not paired with Kovy, then we should point fingers at A.Kost not Kovy.

As for his floating, he was playing the exact same way last year, except our PP was better and his shots we're going in instead of ringing the post or miss the net by little.

Old
01-16-2009, 10:46 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Anyone think andrei will finish the points leader on the team this year?
I really hope he does

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:47 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
I don't care about Kovalev, it's actually the first time I ever defend him on these boards. So I think that speaks for itself, as you know our boards.

Sorry for thinking you're not neutral when you laugh because Sergei has more checks..or maybe it's because you called him Kovafloat, which I now know was a compliment.

That being said, if A.Kost plays better when not paired with Kovy, then we should point fingers at A.Kost not Kovy.
Wait, how exactly does that work? If Andrei is better away from Kovalev and Kovalev is maintaining the same output, means they did not gel together. That it was quite apparent Andrei was suffering from Kovalev's game. Otherwise, Kovalev would've increased point production since Andrei has left his line.

Old
01-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Erik Estrada

Quote:

I find the Kovalev line generates more opportunities with MaxPac who's a better fit being a more north-south player. There's an overlap in a part of Kovy and Akost's skillset. I think the team is better served if they don't play together.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Wait, how exactly does that work? If Andrei is better away from Kovalev and Kovalev is maintaining the same output, means they did not gel together. That it was quite apparent Andrei was suffering from Kovalev's game. Otherwise, Kovalev would've increased point production since Andrei has left his line.
Well, Kovalev has maintained the same production since the beginning of the season.
Now A.Kost is on fire, what is it?..6G in 7GP??..15pts/10GP?...regarless, let's see if he keeps producing as much until the end of the year.

But even if he does, I was saying that if A.Kost wasn't playing the same way on the Kovalev line, it's stupid to blame Kovy for it.
It's just 2 players that shouldn't play together and that's it.

Just like it'd be stupid to make a Tanguay/Koivu/S.Kost line, seeing as they're our 3 playmakers. If we made that line and S.Kost wouldn't do too good and we then placed him on a new line with his bro where he'd do amazing, would we blame Koivu or Tanguay for the lack of success he was having?..I don't think so.
So why should it be Kovalev's fault if A.Kost wasn't working too good there?..
It's just 2 players that need to carry the puck a lot and are finishers. They don't match and that's it.