HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery cartoon

Old
08-30-2011, 07:13 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Sean Avery cartoon

In the current issue of The Hockey News

They forgot

e)Restaurant and bar owner

f)plays hockey

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 07:23 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Let me guess, his head is small and he has no neck because he turles amirite?

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 08:54 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Did Avery technically "criticize" his ex-girlfriend? Jusaskin.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 09:34 AM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

How could they forget "plays hockey" when that is choice E?

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Berard4VP2219

yea, saw this on the SNY blog the other day

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/0...e-hockey-news/

Berard4VP2219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing

Love it

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Avery316
guilty as charged

this is so clever......haha... haha... ha..........ha..........

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 03:21 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Oh c'mon fewer people have rules named after them then awards, that's how legendary Sean Avery is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Did Avery technically "criticize" his ex-girlfriend? Jusaskin.
I'm with you on that one. It was the new Boo being the runner up if I remember correctly.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 04:35 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

I should get this put on a t-shirt. Brilliant!

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Declan
HFB Partner

no "all of the above" option?

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 11:48 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Avery was planning to get arrested at some protest about some pipeline but he changed his mind or someone changed his mind.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp11677

What's going on here? Is he really trying to end his hockey career? Does he even care about it anymore? This guy is a pain in the ass.

Old
09-01-2011, 11:52 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Avery was planning to get arrested at some protest about some pipeline but he changed his mind or someone changed his mind.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp11677

What's going on here? Is he really trying to end his hockey career? Does he even care about it anymore? This guy is a pain in the ass.
I've been arrested at protests of various types 3 times in my life. It's about as far from a big deal as it gets. You go back to processing, sign a couple papers and you're off. Politicans, actors, regular citizens get arrested at protests on a daily basis. Who cares? The guy has interests outside of hockey, and this would in no way impact his ability to play hockey. A non-issue.

EDIT: Now that I've read about the issue a little, maybe I'll hop on the Metro tomorrow and shoot for number four.

It's just pain.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 09-02-2011 at 12:00 AM.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 07:25 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Avery is a hockey player. That is what pays his bills. $4M salary this season and the last 2 seasons. Hockey should be his #1 priority. Not campaigning for gay marriage. Not planning to get arrested for some pipeline. Do you see any other players with so many other activities outside of hockey?

Old
09-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Avery is a hockey player. That is what pays his bills. $4M salary this season and the last 2 seasons. Hockey should be his #1 priority. Not campaigning for gay marriage. Not planning to get arrested for some pipeline. Do you see any other players with so many other activities outside of hockey?
What is the difference between this and a pro athlete campaigning for something like disease awareness? or donating their time to a charity? Would you question Adam Graves' priorities while he was visting a sick kid in a hospital? It's something Sean obiously believes in and something he does with his personal time.

Pro hockey players are not on the job 24/7, they have personal lives and interests outside of the sport.

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
I've been arrested at protests of various types 3 times in my life. It's about as far from a big deal as it gets. You go back to processing, sign a couple papers and you're off. Politicans, actors, regular citizens get arrested at protests on a daily basis. Who cares? The guy has interests outside of hockey, and this would in no way impact his ability to play hockey. A non-issue.

EDIT: Now that I've read about the issue a little, maybe I'll hop on the Metro tomorrow and shoot for number four.
I was arrested in december 2010 when we (Myself and like, 50 other rabid fans who couldn't get to the game cause the tracks froze) because when we FINALLY got to NY Penn Station, we were screaming and yelling "Let's go Rangers!" Cause the train driver dude, even though we were done riding the train, felt that cause he didn't like it, called the police. December 27, 2010... the memories....

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 07:59 PM
gotmonte

I am DONE with Avery. I cant take him anymore. The league is against him. The coaching staff have had enough with him. Avery doesnt play ANYWHERE NEAR what he used to bring to this organization. He is a media ***** lately.

Just cut bait with this loser. Either trade him. Bury him. If those are not options, buy him out. Hell he has a small cap hit, I just dont know if we buy him out we pay what WE are paying him or what his contract calls for between us AND Dallas. If it is the full thing than we have a problem. But I just want this POS off the team.. Away from our rookies/young players. He is no good for us or the team or the city.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 09-02-2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: no wishing harm
gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 08:01 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I was arrested in december 2010 when we (Myself and like, 50 other rabid fans who couldn't get to the game cause the tracks froze) because when we FINALLY got to NY Penn Station, we were screaming and yelling "Let's go Rangers!" Cause the train driver dude, even though we were done riding the train, felt that cause he didn't like it, called the police. December 27, 2010... the memories....
wait, WHAAAAAT?

That is the worst story I ever heard. You were "chanting" and got arrested? Was is loitering? Unlawful gathering without proper permit? What was the crime?

Jesus. I know we have a lot more crime than this. I mean THIS?! I would have laughed my arse off and kept it moving if I was the first responder to that call.!

Old
09-02-2011, 08:05 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Sandstrom 28 View Post
What is the difference between this and a pro athlete campaigning for something like disease awareness? or donating their time to a charity? Would you question Adam Graves' priorities while he was visting a sick kid in a hospital? It's something Sean obiously believes in and something he does with his personal time.

Pro hockey players are not on the job 24/7, they have personal lives and interests outside of the sport.
If Adam Graves was planning on getting arrested for his charity I would frown upon it no matter what the case was. You are publicly going on record for saying basically " I dont care about laws. i am an outlaw and if the law doesnt fit my style, I will break it" and this is right after he was arrested (whether wrongfully or rightfully) for "assault on an officer". I know he beat it, but you would think a person who has just brought heat to himself and his organization (cause lets face it, any negative light on a player IS negative light to the organization.. atleast thats what brass believes) would stay OUT of the limelight and away from more public negative issues.

Edited: I did not read entire OP. LOL

Last edited by gotmonte: 09-02-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old
09-02-2011, 08:25 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
If Adam Graves was planning on getting arrested for his charity I would frown upon it no matter what the case was. You are publicly going on record for saying basically " I dont care about laws. i am an outlaw and if the law doesnt fit my style, I will break it" and this is right after he was arrested (whether wrongfully or rightfully) for "assault on an officer". I know he beat it, but you would think a person who has just brought heat to himself and his organization (cause lets face it, any negative light on a player IS negative light to the organization.. atleast thats what brass believes) would stay OUT of the limelight and away from more public negative issues. Whether you believe in gay rights or not. Mr. Sean Avery, New York just legalized gay marriages.. You play in new york. You live in new york. WHY are you protesting this? New York has legalized it. Just stop already.
Ahaha, did you read the article? Avery is protesting an oil pipeline, not supporting gay marriage.

Going to a protest with the intent of getting arrested isn't saying "I don't care about the law." It's saying, "I feel so passionate about this cause that I'm willing to go to jail for it." Not that he'd even go to jail...

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 08:56 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Ahaha, did you read the article? Avery is protesting an oil pipeline, not supporting gay marriage.

Going to a protest with the intent of getting arrested isn't saying "I don't care about the law." It's saying, "I feel so passionate about this cause that I'm willing to go to jail for it." Not that he'd even go to jail...
Oh DOH!

I read "Avery wants to get arrested for protest" and automatically thought it was gay rights.

Ok, so different fight/same outcome. LOL

Old
09-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Cant believe the ridiculous overreactions about a guy wanting to protest something. Such a non-issue its absurd. Put the haterade down and step away from the cooler for awhile

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 09:33 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Cant believe the ridiculous overreactions about a guy wanting to protest something. Such a non-issue its absurd. Put the haterade down and step away from the cooler for awhile
Its not ONE issue, its cumulative.

The guy has been a burden now for a few years with the Rangers and his off-ice behavior has been on a downward spiral. getting arrested TWICE in ONE off-season is more than a bit of ridiculousness.

Old
09-02-2011, 09:56 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Its not ONE issue, its cumulative.

The guy has been a burden now for a few years with the Rangers and his off-ice behavior has been on a downward spiral. getting arrested TWICE in ONE off-season is more than a bit of ridiculousness.
He is protesting a VERY relevant social issue in the pipeline. You not knowing or caring about it does not make it any less important. People don't stand outside the white house for days to get arrested because something isn't important to them.

Him getting arrested and then having charges dropped because he didn't commit a crime is a sign of a downward spiral? That could happen to literally anybody. He "got away with it" because he didn't commit any crime. Thats not a sign of bad behavior at all.

What else? Sloppy seconds, which happened nearly 3 years ago? Supporting gay marriage, which is another extremely relevant social issue?

This whole narrative of Sean Avery being this repeat offender who has a record a mile long doesn't add up to me. He's done very few real problematic things. Since the sloppy seconds comment everything he's done has been blown out of proportion.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:03 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
He is protesting a VERY relevant social issue in the pipeline. You not knowing or caring about it does not make it any less important. People don't stand outside the white house for days to get arrested because something isn't important to them.

Him getting arrested and then having charges dropped because he didn't commit a crime is a sign of a downward spiral? That could happen to literally anybody. He "got away with it" because he didn't commit any crime. Thats not a sign of bad behavior at all.

What else? Sloppy seconds, which happened nearly 3 years ago? Supporting gay marriage, which is another extremely relevant social issue?

This whole narrative of Sean Avery being this repeat offender who has a record a mile long doesn't add up to me. He's done very few real problematic things. Since the sloppy seconds comment everything he's done has been blown out of proportion.

So...

1)- Having Avery on the team and the league steadfast against him helps the team?

2)- Having tort's against him helps the environment?

3)- Having Avery in the news every other week lately helps the team image, brand name?

4)- Having Avery not care about his social image helps the team image how?

5)- Having Avery in the media all the time which officials read/see and might feel against his thoughts/wishes/opinions in which might cause penalties against him for nonesense helps the team how again?

Avery has been a joke in the league for a LOOONG time now but was effective for the Rangers. Once Avery became a non-factor on the ice (except for having penalties called against us each shift) he became a non-factor for the league and the Rangers. He needs to go and needs to go now.

Having his name brought up in negative light in the off-season (and now he seems to WANT the negative light) is only helping his cause to be kicked off this team.

I wonder how Tort's feels when he reads this garbage about Avery? I am sure he is licking his chops to bench his arse.

We shall see though. Only time will tell but he wont be effective for us, but will be against us (all while wearing the same damn jersey)

Old
09-02-2011, 10:20 PM
haveandare

Quote:
So...

1)- Having Avery on the team and the league steadfast against him helps the team?

2)- Having tort's against him helps the environment?

3)- Having Avery in the news every other week lately helps the team image, brand name?

4)- Having Avery not care about his social image helps the team image how?

5)- Having Avery in the media all the time which officials read/see and might feel against his thoughts/wishes/opinions in which might cause penalties against him for nonesense helps the team how again?

Avery has been a joke in the league for a LOOONG time now but was effective for the Rangers. Once Avery became a non-factor on the ice (except for having penalties called against us each shift) he became a non-factor for the league and the Rangers. He needs to go and needs to go now.

Having his name brought up in negative light in the off-season (and now he seems to WANT the negative light) is only helping his cause to be kicked off this team.

I wonder how Tort's feels when he reads this garbage about Avery? I am sure he is licking his chops to bench his arse.

We shall see though. Only time will tell but he wont be effective for us, but will be against us (all while wearing the same damn jersey)
1 & 2 have nothing to do with a record of him being a "bad guy" - they're opinions of him that aren't even really confirmed

3. In the news every other week? Do you mean 3 times in recent memory, one of which was TMZ, which as we all learned later, was horribly misinformed and the other two of which were him supporting progressive social causes?

4. Not caring about his social image? Based on what? Sean is showing that he does care about his social image by speaking out in favor of gay marriage and against this pipeline - his values just aren't in line with yours. This protest against the pipeline that he was going to support is the largest act of civil disobedience by environmentalists in decades. Its a big deal. Bigger than the image of a hockey player if you can believe it.

5. Are you suggesting that a referee is going to call something on Avery that he might not call on someone else because he supports gay marriage or is opposed to a destructive construction project? Thats an issue for that ref, not for the player involved.

Lastly, I'd imagine that Torts decides who plays and who doesn't based on hockey skill and success in game situations - not on what social causes a player supports.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote