Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jason Williams to CBJ

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2009, 04:04 PM
dj4aces

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Jason Williams to CBJ

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2009/01...ason_wil.shtml

Quote:
The Blue Jackets have acquired forward Jason Williams from the Atlanta Thrashers in exchange for defenseman Clay Wilson and a sixth-round draft pick, The Dispatch has learned.

An announcement from the clubs is forthcoming.

Old
01-14-2009, 04:29 PM
AV50

Clay Wilson is not a bad defensemen. He is a really good puck mover. He simply was not going to crack our lineup anytime in the near future, so we dealt him away. To be honest, I actually really liked Wilson

Old
01-14-2009, 04:35 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Yes Yes Yes

1 Scrub Gone

Old
01-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Now get rid of Christensen, Boulton, Exelby and Slater.

Old
01-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Robotic

Undrafted player for undrafted player. One just gets paid alot more.

Old
01-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Koval17

i dont know why atl traded williams, he was a descent foward, i have no clue what DW is doing, signig the guy from the preds. and he is on kovys line? THAT GUY IS GARBAGE 9 POINTS THIS SEASON! like don waddel how about u put ur franchise player with some good players?

Old
01-14-2009, 05:07 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I am rather impressed that DW got anything of value for JW. He seemed like a good guy to have in the clubhouse, but he just wasn't doing it night after night with one of the most talented wingers in the NHL.

Do we need another puck moving D? Not sure, but to get something for nothing isn't that bad.

Old
01-14-2009, 05:08 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koval17 View Post
i dont know why atl traded williams, he was a descent foward, i have no clue what DW is doing, signig the guy from the preds. and he is on kovys line? THAT GUY IS GARBAGE 9 POINTS THIS SEASON! like don waddel how about u put ur franchise player with some good players?
we wont know if hes going to work out decently or not until we see him play a couple times

Old
01-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koval17 View Post
He claimed Peverly off waivers, he didn't sign him.

Peverly is a good solid player that gives a solid effort every night. As for you having no clue about what Waddell is doing, do you think Waddell has any clue about what he is doing? History indicates the answer is probably no.

Old
01-14-2009, 10:54 PM
fatschoonerrat

Does DW know what he's doing? Impossible to tell. Can't possibly know if he's a terrible GM or if it's just terrible owners (or both).

Old
01-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Ashe

Get rid of the dead weight..Get a risky draft pick which could turn into a surprise, and a AHL'r to call up if needed..

Theres nothing bad with this at all. Just means we will hopefully have a few more callups from the AHL up with us this year

Old
01-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Capa*

Im so content that we got a 6th for Williams. I honestly didnt think we were going to be able to get a thing. Wilson was obviously just thrown in for the Wolves not the Thrashers, theres no way he can crack our line-up, although I would LOVE to get rid of Valabik somehow.

Old
01-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
I am rather impressed that DW got anything of value for JW. He seemed like a good guy to have in the clubhouse, but he just wasn't doing it night after night with one of the most talented wingers in the NHL.
I'm not sure he wasn't one of the people Holly alluded to the other day. Look back, Williams hasn't exactly put down roots anywhere. A guy that scores as much as he does is usually fairly coveted. But he seems to move around a lot.

Old
01-15-2009, 07:53 AM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCostanza View Post
Im so content that we got a 6th for Williams. I honestly didnt think we were going to be able to get a thing. Wilson was obviously just thrown in for the Wolves not the Thrashers, theres no way he can crack our line-up, although I would LOVE to get rid of Valabik somehow.
You mean the 22 year-old, 6'7" rookie defenseman that also happens to be the toughest guy on our team and also seems to be the only person capable of clearing the crease? We would have no problem moving Valabik. Teams would line up around the block if they knew they could snag Boris for a late round pick. I mean, yes he's slow, and yes his decision making is not up to snuff yet, but the kid is 22 freakin years old. He was thought to be a project when he was drafted and 22 is WAAAAAAAYYYYY too young to give up on a kid. Hows about we let him get to even 40 games played before we decide to burn him, sound fair?

Old
01-15-2009, 08:18 AM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
You mean the 22 year-old, 6'7" rookie defenseman that also happens to be the toughest guy on our team and also seems to be the only person capable of clearing the crease? We would have no problem moving Valabik. Teams would line up around the block if they knew they could snag Boris for a late round pick. I mean, yes he's slow, and yes his decision making is not up to snuff yet, but the kid is 22 freakin years old. He was thought to be a project when he was drafted and 22 is WAAAAAAAYYYYY too young to give up on a kid. Hows about we let him get to even 40 games played before we decide to burn him, sound fair?
Valabik reminds me a bit of Coburn in that Atlanta seems to be giving up on him. Look at some of the players out there like Brent Sopel, Coburn, etc. A lot of the defenseman and goalies seem to mature as hockey players at a later age. Even Bobby Orr did not start hitting his stride until his FOURTH year with Boston at age 22. And look at all the top talent on the Bruins when Orr was there. If after 2 or 3 full years in the NHL Valabik is not improving, then get rid of him.

Valabik is 22 and hasn't even had a full year in the NHL.

Old
01-15-2009, 01:31 PM
pfloyd75

We've given Exelby how many years to develop and people are ready to dump Valabik after half a season? Be patient unless you want another Coburn situation.

I don't think Valabik will ever be a first pairing guy but he's way too young and has too much potential to throw it away now.

Old
01-15-2009, 02:18 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
although I would LOVE to get rid of Valabik somehow.
Absolutely not. Even Waddell isn't this stupid.

Old
01-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Absolutely not. Even Waddell isn't this stupid.
Wanna bet????

Old
01-16-2009, 09:46 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvesfan View Post
Wanna bet????
As stupid as Waddell is, I think he might have actually learned something from the Coburn trade.

I really dislike the man, and I think a pee-wee team water boy has more hockey sense than Waddell, but I don't think he's that stupid to get rid of Valabik.

Old
01-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
As stupid as Waddell is, I think he might have actually learned something from the Coburn trade.

I really dislike the man, and I think a pee-wee team water boy has more hockey sense than Waddell, but I don't think he's that stupid to get rid of Valabik.
LOL your acting as if Valabik is going to be more than a 4th/5th defensemen ON THIS TEAM IF he pans out.... Im so incredably stunned to why you think hes going to be any good. Size doesnt equal skill...and he hasnt shown ANY kind of NHL calibre talent this year...or last.. or since hes been drafted.

Seriously though, what exactly has he done to warrant this love?

Old
01-16-2009, 10:32 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
LOL your acting as if Valabik is going to be more than a 4th/5th defensemen ON THIS TEAM IF he pans out.... Im so incredably stunned to why you think hes going to be any good. Size doesnt equal skill...and he hasnt shown ANY kind of NHL calibre talent this year...or last.. or since hes been drafted.

Seriously though, what exactly has he done to warrant this love?
Same stuff I heard about Coburn. Look at him now.

Valabik is 22. Chara had the same difficulties when he first came in the league. Look at him now.

You're throwing the man under the bus while he's playing his first full NHL season. Think about it.

Old
01-16-2009, 10:40 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Terrible trade period. A career minor league player and 6th round (bag of pucks) for an established NHL player. They could have at least got a 2nd rounder for him.

Old
01-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Terrible trade period. A career minor league player and 6th round (bag of pucks) for an established NHL player. They could have at least got a 2nd rounder for him.
We could have gotten a 2nd rounder with his LAST YEAR play and stats...this year we were very fortunate. Pretty much any Thrashers fan who watchs the game will tell you the same..or relatively close.

Old
01-16-2009, 11:11 AM
The Sneak

Quote:
Who was offering that?

Old
01-16-2009, 11:19 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Terrible trade period. A career minor league player and 6th round (bag of pucks) for an established terrible NHL player. They could have at least got a 2nd rounder for him.
The guy just wasn't doing anything for the team... lazy, soft, and inconsistent. Glad we got something, anything really, for him instead of just having him ride the bench all year. Based on the return the market for small, soft 2nd line RWs that can't score must not have been so hot this season it seems.

Closed Thread