HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

RUMOR Witt and Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Barry Rots

vCash: 500
To Wash: Denis Arkhipov, Stan Neckar, 4th rounder in 2004

To Nashville: Brendan Witt

Old
03-08-2004, 01:21 AM
st_roland

I really like these deals you guys are offering up for witt. Its amazing that y'all are actually putting up packages that would make me not miss witt much, considering hes pretty much all we have left on the blueline(save morrisonn).

Old
03-08-2004, 06:35 AM
anonymous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Goal
What would stop them from trading Witt to a same conference team??

They traded Gonchar to Boston, Jagr to the Rangers and Bondra to Ottawa...why not Witt?
I was hoping SOMEBODY caught that. Where has that dude been? Lang is the only one not in the East now.

Old
03-08-2004, 06:45 AM
MojoJojo

I think the deals being offered are a bit on the high side. If thats what he is going to cost, I would rather pursue Zhitnik.

Old
03-08-2004, 06:58 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Interesting to see how high the demand seems to be, at least among fans.

I expect that the Capitals are seeking quality over quantity. Three mid-level prospects is nice if you are stocking a team that is very thin for prospects, but the Capitals are overstocked as it is, in a sense. What the Caps need for their remaining assets are quality young defensemen, ideally NHL-ready, but if not, then player(s) that are ready for rookie status when the NHL starts up again.

From LA, for example, the Caps would likely ask for one of Gleason or Grebeshkov. Corvo is almost too old. That is a high price, to be sure, but that is what Washington wants, and the market right now suggests they have a decent shot of acquiring that type of player, from someone. From Colorado, McPhee is almost certainly asking for Liles and/or Ballard, maybe in a package for both Kolzig and Witt.

Old
03-08-2004, 09:34 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Got this from the FlyersPhans.com board:

The Flyers are strong after Witt and it looks like he is going to be their main target as the deadline approaches. Sharp's name has been prominantly mentioned in these talks. There is a real good chance that Witt will be a Flyer. The deal could get bigger if Mike Grier or Anson Carter is added.

I have also heard Murray Baron's name being mentioned in possible alternatives. As Holloween mentioned, he would come with Mellanby. In order for the DeVries move to be made, Sather would have to assume some of his salary.

As for Satan and Zhitnik, the Flyers are right in the mix.

Closed Thread