Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 42: vs Buffalo, 1/15

Old
01-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Good God. I leave and everything blows up. What the hell happened. And o I so told you guys that we would blow it. Thank you

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Sony Eriksson*

vCash: 500
Is it a safe bet to admit all these years Turco is a product of the defensive in front of him?

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:16 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Welcome to the 2nd half of the season.

Who are they going to blame now? Avery's gone and can't hurt their feelings anymore. I wasn't going to say anything because I really was over it, but Modano is a d-bag. His interview a couple of days ago was ridiculous. At this point, he's mouth and Avery's aren't that different.

He called out the team 3 times last year for petty, ridiculous things and let his talentless trophy wife attack Dave Tippet. He's thrown teammates under the bus this year so for good measure, now he's calling out the front office?

Everyone already knows the front office messed up. They even know it was mistake. Rehashing it again and again is childish.

Either be a good teammate, or shut your mouth and retire. He already knows there's some fake title for him in the front office so he can bleed some more money out of the team.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post

Who are they going to blame now? Avery's gone and can't hurt their feelings anymore. I wasn't going to say anything because I really was over it, but Modano is a d-bag. His interview a couple of days ago was ridiculous. At this point, he's mouth and Avery's aren't that different.

He called out the team 3 times last year for petty, ridiculous things and let his talentless trophy wife attack Dave Tippet. He's thrown teammates under the bus this year so for good measure, now he's calling out the front office?

Everyone already knows the front office messed up. They even know it was mistake. Rehashing it again and again is childish.

Either be a good teammate, or shut your mouth and retire. He already knows there's some fake title for him in the front office so he can bleed some more money out of the team.
Was this the interview with Dale Hanson?

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:28 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
Was this the interview with Dale Hanson?
I'm pretty sure it was a national interview regarding the All-Star game which makes it even more pathetic.

I'm to the point that I believe that Mike Modano deserves just as much blame in the Avery BS as Avery himself.

Modano made national headlines calling out Avery and Ott after the Bruins game. There wasn't a day after that where TSN or some hockey source wasnít all over the team looking for another quote or blow up. That heat never falls on the team if it wasn't for Modano, well at least into Avery makes the Phaneuf comment.

OH yeah, Brenden Morrow stands up for Ott and Avery after Modano's comments.

Then Avery says his funny albeit inappropriate monologue.

Modano and Turco jump at the chance to ride Avery's now sinking career as the sole reason the team sucks.

Once again, Brenden Morrow steps in and admits the team didn't do enough to embrace Avery.

I didn't like Avery before he was a Star, I hated the signing, I tried to like him and defend him , and I'm indifferent to him now.

Modano has escalated or started every controversy the Stars have faced for the past 2 years.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:33 AM
vofty

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...fice-do-a.html

It was a conference call he did with the media.

Well I spoke too soon last night, they did break my heart just waited longer to do it which made it so much worse!

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:41 AM
theheadmata

Send a message via AIM to theheadmata
Quote:

Good to know I'm not the only one that thought him bringing all that back up again was a stupid/bad move.

theheadmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:50 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheadmata View Post
Good to know I'm not the only one that thought him bringing all that back up again was a stupid/bad move.
I wasn't going to say anything because the more I think about it the more I dislike Modano, and I love Modano.

Last night just put me in a bad mood.

But yeah, Modano bringing this up again is ridiculous. I know the reporter asked the question. Learn to say no comment. Say the same BS you've been spewing for god sake. How the hell can you not only acknowledge the question but open up an old wound and throw a new section of the team under the bus at the same time?

Old
01-16-2009, 10:45 AM
theheadmata

Send a message via AIM to theheadmata
Yes, exactly. Especially when I believe, though I could be wrong, I remember Modano saying he wasn't going to discuss the Avery situation anymore a couple weeks back. I guess he was just kidding? I'm a big Modano fan, and I always will be, but his mouth just gets in the way of his actions at times and always has. In retrospect, we shouldn't really be that surprised by it anymore.

theheadmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 01:58 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheadmata View Post
Yes, exactly. Especially when I believe, though I could be wrong, I remember Modano saying he wasn't going to discuss the Avery situation anymore a couple weeks back. I guess he was just kidding? I'm a big Modano fan, and I always will be, but his mouth just gets in the way of his actions at times and always has. In retrospect, we shouldn't really be that surprised by it anymore.
It was in the fine print that he would only abide by that as long as it fits his agenda of making himself look like the good guy in the media.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Modano has always had foot-in-mouth disease. At some point, I've stopped being surprised by it.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 03:29 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
Modano has always had foot-in-mouth disease. At some point, I've stopped being surprised by it.
I wouldn't call the last 2 years foot-in-mouth.

The last 2 years have been Mike being selfish and him whining. Surprisingly, that kind of describes the way the team plays. There's a bunch of individuals out there. In reality, Avery should have fit it fine.

Old
01-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Watching this live in person just solidified my opinion. This is not a playoff team. They showed up for one period then just floated the rest of the game. Effort like that is what will kill them down the stretch against teams who are desperate for points.

Modano just floated all damn night. I also have to agree with BigG44, he's half the problem in the dressing room.

Sydor 19:39 of ice time. Hutchinson 11:56. Seriously. How much longer does this have to go on? If I were Janik I think I'd go insane in the Press Box. I'm sure the only reason he hasn't asked for a release is he's getting an NHL paycheck. Someone in the media needs to ask why Sydor is getting such ice time. It's beyond ridiculous.

Schizophrenic Ott showed good hands this game. Be prepared to scream at your tv for the next couple of games when stone hands returns.

I really like the defensemen jumping up in the play. They've been over half the offense recently. Niskanen needs a partner like Grossman or Fistric who can cover the front of the net, boxing out the opposition or clearing players away from Turco. It's not something he does well and a partner who can will probably help his over all game.

Turco rocking the .886 save percentage. That and the .867 from the Detroit game really instill confidence in the team. Someone want to tell me again why he has to start every game for the rest of the season? The Stars are honestly going to make the playoffs with that in net?

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Watching this live in person just solidified my opinion. This is not a playoff team. They showed up for one period then just floated the rest of the game. Effort like that is what will kill them down the stretch against teams who are desperate for points.

Modano just floated all damn night. I also have to agree with BigG44, he's half the problem in the dressing room.

Sydor 19:39 of ice time. Hutchinson 11:56. Seriously. How much longer does this have to go on? If I were Janik I think I'd go insane in the Press Box. I'm sure the only reason he hasn't asked for a release is he's getting an NHL paycheck. Someone in the media needs to ask why Sydor is getting such ice time. It's beyond ridiculous.

Schizophrenic Ott showed good hands this game. Be prepared to scream at your tv for the next couple of games when stone hands returns.

I really like the defensemen jumping up in the play. They've been over half the offense recently. Niskanen needs a partner like Grossman or Fistric who can cover the front of the net, boxing out the opposition or clearing players away from Turco. It's not something he does well and a partner who can will probably help his over all game.

Turco rocking the .886 save percentage. That and the .867 from the Detroit game really instill confidence in the team. Someone want to tell me again why he has to start every game for the rest of the season? The Stars are honestly going to make the playoffs with that in net?
I love how we all know how things are in the dressing room. Give it a rest already Hull Fan and BigG. You guys must play with the Stars since you know all their issues and problems.

Dallasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Was Modano not one of the biggest complainers about Avery? Has he not whined and pouted about all kinds of things in the past? I'm not saying the guys don't respect him. I have no idea what other players think. I will say that his play on the ice recently has not endeared him to me. He shouldn't bring up the past, especially when he himself is not helping out as much as he is capable of on the ice.

That's what I'm saying. Shut up and play. If he's going to point fingers one of them should be at himself.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 03:55 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman View Post
I love how we all know how things are in the dressing room. Give it a rest already Hull Fan and BigG. You guys must play with the Stars since you know all their issues and problems.
You're right. It's a good thing that Modano trashes the team pretty regularly in the media. Coaches, teammates, and the front office all get it. That's not a problem at all.

Old
01-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Dallasman

Quote:
You're right. It's a good thing that Modano trashes the team pretty regularly in the media. Coaches, teammates, and the front office all get it. That's not a problem at all.
He's old. Old guys complain. Look at what you're doing...

I take that back. You're younger than me. Maybe I'm complaining to much...haha.

Old
01-16-2009, 07:02 PM
BigG44

Quote:
He's old. Old guys complain. Look at what you're doing...

I take that back. You're younger than me. Maybe I'm complaining to much...haha.
I like to look at it as pointing out the hypocrisy of a guy I use to worship. I love Modano. I just hate what he's been doing.

I tend to appreciate honest evaluation as opposed to idol worship. Thatís not direct at you. Itís more of an observation of the majority of members of HF as a whole.

Old
01-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Cosmo Kramer

Quote:
I like to look at it as pointing out the hypocrisy of a guy I use to worship. I love Modano. I just hate what he's been doing.

I tend to appreciate honest evaluation as opposed to idol worship. Thatís not direct at you. Itís more of an observation of the majority of members of HF as a whole.
Not just HF. The guy is well-known in Dallas and he's the face of the franchise. I haven't seen Mike Heika or Ralph or Razor rip into Modano for his selfish behavior this season. Admittedly, I haven't watched every Stars game or read every article, but that's what I've seen.

Cosmo Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
It's just... not new from Modano. Everyone's aware he has no filter between his brain and his mouth. Everything he's said this season has just been another incarnation of that.

Is it helpful? Of course not. But it's not new or surprising or even any worse than it's been in the past. When he sucked in... 03/04? (I forget the exact season) he started spouting off about his personal life. He used to riff on why Hitchcock was not a good coach for the Stars and how he was running them too hard or whatnot. I'm sure he did something of the sort under Gainey.

It's just him. A very annoying side of him.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Captain Awesome

When I was a kid, I used to love Mike Modano to death, as I've gotten older I've completely begun to resent him. He still has the skills and if only he had the motivation he wouldn't suck so much. I'm honestly kind of glad he's retiring after this year because I'm sick of the coasting, the laziness, and the stupid comments.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Class1723

Send a message via Yahoo to Class1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
When I was a kid, I used to love Mike Modano to death, as I've gotten older I've completely begun to resent him. He still has the skills and if only he had the motivation he wouldn't suck so much. I'm honestly kind of glad he's retiring after this year because I'm sick of the coasting, the laziness, and the stupid comments.
Just a few weeks ago I was blasted for similar comments. I love Modano. I dont think any one player has had his package of skills. He was directly responsible for 2 goals last night and I hope that him not shooting in 6 shootout shooters was his punishment.

Has he announced for sure he is retiring though?

Class1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Captain Awesome

Well, he said last year hte only reason he didn't retire was because we went so deep in the playoffs. I'd imagine with the way this year is going he'll retire, and I honestly hope we ship him off to a contender so we can get some picks and prospects back. We won't, but it'd be nice.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:18 AM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
Well, he said last year hte only reason he didn't retire was because we went so deep in the playoffs. I'd imagine with the way this year is going he'll retire, and I honestly hope we ship him off to a contender so we can get some picks and prospects back. We won't, but it'd be nice.
And I've heard him say somewhere that he will play out his contract. So who knows what he will do.

Old
01-17-2009, 01:31 AM
BigG44

Quote:
And I've heard him say somewhere that he will play out his contract. So who knows what he will do.
He's consistently said this year that he wants to play out his contract. Even recently with how bad the season has looked.

I wouldn't count on him being gone. Even if he was, they still have to carry his cap hit.