HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Metropolit

Old
01-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 500
Metropolit

With Briere coming back all the talk of which players are possible on the block. do you see us keeping him for the fourth line at his price tag or if we can move him do you move him and his 1mil plus and 2yr deal and play Powe?

Possibly On the Block???
Lupul
Jones
Metropolit
Kukks-waived

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Brophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
With Briere coming back all the talk of which players are possible on the block. do you see us keeping him for the fourth line at his price tag or if we can move him do you move him and his 1mil plus and 2yr deal and play Powe?

Possibly On the Block???
Lupul
Jones
Metropolit
Kukks-waived
defenitly turn this thread into a trade bait thread!

Metro I could see going. Powe has been solid.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Mike Richards 18

what would metro go for and to who?? a pick? to a contenderish team?

Old
01-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

Despite not putting up much in the points department, I've really liked Metro. He's real crafty in the corners and behind the net. And he plays a lot "bigger" than his actual frame. It would be a bummer to lose him.

That being said, if that's the way the lines shake out and he's in a 4th line role, I guess you'd have to consider him a possibility for trading.

Ryanoceros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 04:05 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
what would metro go for and to who?? a pick? to a contenderish team?
Why don't you just come up with one of those proposals of yours that I see in the trade proposal forum all the time? Something like...

To FLA:
Metropolit
Carle
Jones
Lupul
Knuble
Niittymaki
'09 2nd

To PHI:
Bouwmeester
Horton
Ballard
Boynton
Weiss
Anderson
Booth
Frolik
'09 3rd

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Jester

He's a cheap and versatile veteran player who isn't making much money...why trade him? I've really liked Powe on the fourth line, but, unlike Metro, he isn't someone who I want to see playing up the lineup when injuries happen (as they will).

Meanwhile, we're carrying way too many defensemen, and one of them is grossly overpriced for where he's playing in the lineup: Randy Jones.

We also have all these wings floating around still, and if Giroux is going to stay in the lineup...where is he going to be playing?

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He's a cheap and versatile veteran player who isn't making much money...why trade him? I've really liked Powe on the fourth line, but, unlike Metro, he isn't someone who I want to see playing up the lineup when injuries happen (as they will).

Meanwhile, we're carrying way too many defensemen, and one of them is grossly overpriced for where he's playing in the lineup: Randy Jones.

We also have all these wings floating around still, and if Giroux is going to stay in the lineup...where is he going to be playing?
True, if Metro plays on the 3rd line due to injuries no one will call your team ********. If the rest of our 4th line does...

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:

While we all know that he's a the 'right guy' to move, I just don't see it happening. He makes too much money and teams are really hesitant to take on salary.

Case in point - Islanders signing Dubie instead of picking up a Sanford off waivers.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 04:26 PM
chromemaro

i thought metro was one of the few flyers who had a good game against the pens

chromemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 04:32 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Metro is staying. Who would want him anyway? He is a decent part of our team.

What are his faceoff #s? I think he may have one of the better ones on the team, but i may be wrong though.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
While we all know that he's a the 'right guy' to move, I just don't see it happening. He makes too much money and teams are really hesitant to take on salary.

Case in point - Islanders signing Dubie instead of picking up a Sanford off waivers.
All of this is true...you're going to get almost nothing for Jones (the fact that he's been playing like crap hasn't helped at all), and you might have to give up something because teams know we're under the gun.

However, moving Jones' 2.75M salary fixes the problem rather quickly...moving Metro's 1M salary means you're going to have to make a few other moves.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 04:43 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Metro's a cheap, veteran presence who, by all accounts, is very well liked in the dressing room. I'd be very surprised to see him moved.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Raffl House

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Metro's a cheap, veteran presence who, by all accounts, is very well liked in the dressing room. I'd be very surprised to see him moved.
Agreed with CF. He is a cheap player that probably isn't wanted or needed by many teams. His salary isn't the issue for other teams and at 1 million, it isn't an issue for ours.

I think we have to look at Lupul or Jones being moved to fit Briere. OR, for all of you theorists out there, Metro COULD be moved but we would probably send Sbisa back to juniors as well.

I think, even though a defenseman might be more attractive to a team, Jones will probably not get moved. He is a longtime Stevens crony and I think Lupul has a higher chance of being moved, regardless of our lack of depth at that position.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 04:54 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I think we can afford to keep him.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:
All of this is true...you're going to get almost nothing for Jones (the fact that he's been playing like crap hasn't helped at all), and you might have to give up something because teams know we're under the gun.

However, moving Jones' 2.75M salary fixes the problem rather quickly...moving Metro's 1M salary means you're going to have to make a few other moves.
Absolutely.

Because of both the econony and deep draft coming up, I simply don't see a 2nd coming back for him. At this point, it is what it is...a salary dump. Count your losses, lick your wounds and wipe your hands and breathe a sigh of relief.

I have no intrerest in moving Metro, and hope the powers that be feel the same way.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 05:04 PM
RoDu

He's one of the three centers that play on the PK, I don't think Powe is ready to do that just yet

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Mike Richards 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Why don't you just come up with one of those proposals of yours that I see in the trade proposal forum all the time? Something like...

To FLA:
Metropolit
Carle
Jones
Lupul
Knuble
Niittymaki
'09 2nd

To PHI:
Bouwmeester
Horton
Ballard
Boynton
Weiss
Anderson
Booth
Frolik
'09 3rd

While my trades maybe one sided to my team at times i think you might be exaggerating a tad bit. And when i list that many names like the one i think your refering to it was pointing out we have a lot of dmen. i l believe it was the TOR PHILLY trade with Schenn and Kaberle for One of our dman. so i was pointing out how many D we have and being sarcastic about a trade to move them. Dont be stupid. Ive never proposed a trade with one teams eight top players for another teams bottom players.

This thread makes sense with salary cap and Depth chart so i was just checking what peoples opinions on the matter are not some stupid comment you throw in.

Go Flyers Hope for a nice margin of victory!! score some goals boys!!

Old
01-15-2009, 05:55 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Say One of Briere, Carter or Richards is hurt again.

Are you okay with your 3rd and 4th line centers being one of Kalinski/Ross/Powe?

they are all decent 4th liners...But in a jam, I'd rather Metro be on the 3rd line.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Raffl House

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post

Are you okay with your 3rd and 4th line centers being one of Kalinski/Ross/Powe?

they are all decent 4th liners...But in a jam, I'd rather Metro be on the 3rd line.
I think Kalinski and Ross are good players. I'd rather have them up here than Powe. For 3rd line duties? Maybe next season. But this season, Metropolit is a somewhat proven NHL entity and I'd prefer to have him, yes.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:05 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Metro is staying. Who would want him anyway? He is a decent part of our team.

What are his faceoff #s? I think he may have one of the better ones on the team, but i may be wrong though.
Winning 46.2% of his faceoffs, good for 5th on the team.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...fPercentageAll

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 10:07 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
While my trades maybe one sided to my team at times i think you might be exaggerating a tad bit. And when i list that many names like the one i think your refering to it was pointing out we have a lot of dmen. i l believe it was the TOR PHILLY trade with Schenn and Kaberle for One of our dman. so i was pointing out how many D we have and being sarcastic about a trade to move them. Dont be stupid. Ive never proposed a trade with one teams eight top players for another teams bottom players.

This thread makes sense with salary cap and Depth chart so i was just checking what peoples opinions on the matter are not some stupid comment you throw in.

Go Flyers Hope for a nice margin of victory!! score some goals boys!!
That's what I would suggest to you. For now, and for all of your future posting endeavors. Hope it goes well.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:23 AM
turkinaa

I'd rather have Metro on the 4th line than move him. He can play wing on any line and he is also a decent PKer. I also think he does a good job with any linemates. His point production I don't think reflects how he plays and what he does for the team.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 03:25 PM
captainpaxil

metro is a 4th line guy who can move up in the lineup and not hurt you. id rather have a better faceoff guy and see him move to wing but we dont have one. i personally like kalinski more than powe but hes hurt. really dont see the point in moving im.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 03:31 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
Despite not putting up much in the points department, I've really liked Metro. He's real crafty in the corners and behind the net. And he plays a lot "bigger" than his actual frame. It would be a bummer to lose him.

That being said, if that's the way the lines shake out and he's in a 4th line role, I guess you'd have to consider him a possibility for trading.
Actually, I rather him in a 4th line role than anything else.

Quote:

I dont want Metro on the 3rd line, never did, but obviously rather him than Kalinski/Powe/Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
metro is a 4th line guy who can move up in the lineup and not hurt you. id rather have a better faceoff guy and see him move to wing but we dont have one. i personally like kalinski more than powe but hes hurt. really dont see the point in moving im.
He doesnt necessarily help either though......I have no problem with how the guy plays, in fact I like him, he just doesnt put up enough points for someone on the third line with some chances above that with injuries...He should have a lot more than 10 points at this point.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post

To FLA:
Metropolit
Carle
Jones
Lupul
Knuble
Niittymaki
'09 2nd

To PHI:
Bouwmeester
Horton
Ballard
Boynton
Weiss
Anderson
Booth
Frolik
'09 3rd
I like the 2nd and 3th round picks just to even it out. Makes sense.

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote