HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Philadelphia/Toronto

Old
01-15-2009, 08:37 AM
number11

vCash: 500
Philadelphia/Toronto

To Toronto: Randy Jones, Mike Knuble, JVR, 1st rd

To Philadelphia: Tomas Kaberle

The Salaries Match and the Deal is a fair trade for both. Philly gets the D man they want and Toronto gets some contracts back, knuble which goes off the book, Jones a tough defenceman, a 1st that they were going to get, and a Prospect that replaces Jeff Carter from last year.

number11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 08:39 AM
BrindamoursNose

Here's the thing: Philly won't do it. I'd give up all you said except JVR....Like we've said before, we don't really need a Kaberle, we have a ton of puck movers on D, we need more of the rough,shut-down D-Man.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 08:39 AM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

jesus.

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 08:42 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIntellect11 View Post
To Toronto: Randy Jones, Mike Knuble, JVR, 1st rd

To Philadelphia: Tomas Kaberle

The Salaries Match and the Deal is a fair trade for both. Philly gets the D man they want and Toronto gets some contracts back, knuble which goes off the book, Jones a tough defenceman, a 1st that they were going to get, and a Prospect that replaces Jeff Carter from last year.
Come back with Schenn in the deal

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 800
Excuse me Sir, you forgot the sarcasm emoticon.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Sneekypete

That is just terrible.The Kaberle ship has sailed and sunk.Its offers like this that get many Leaf fans such a bad name.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 08:56 AM
azntam

brutal, kaberle is worthless.

all the talk about last years offers have spoiled the leafs, you will not get anything like what you would have got last year for Kaberle. Blame JFJ for handing out NTC like candy at holloween

azntam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Are you serious????

Hockey Intellect my ass

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:03 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
fail.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:04 AM
chaosof99*

I guess this is a user who lives up to his username: Hockey intellect 11.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:09 AM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by azntam View Post
brutal, kaberle is worthless.

all the talk about last years offers have spoiled the leafs, you will not get anything like what you would have got last year for Kaberle. Blame JFJ for handing out NTC like candy at holloween
you ever watch many hockey games???

you may right about spoiled ideas from leaf fans, but kabs is not worthless. think before you beak off. i dont think for a second we're now entitled to a carter like deal, but i do know kabs could garner a good prospect with a higher 1st.

The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:29 AM
turkinaa

Every few days an over-priced trade for TOR comes onto the board where they try to sell us Kaberle.

1) As stated about a billion times before, Kaberle is not needed in Philly. It's not that he isn't a good player, its that we need a physical D like Hatcher back (but not as old/injured/pricey). That does not mean he does not have value or is not a good player, it means he just won't do what the Flyers need.
2) After he wouldn't come to Philly last year, we don't want him this year. He ruined a great deal for TOR last season and we're not going to pay the same price we would have last year.
3) No on JVR at this time. Can't sell the 2nd overall pick in 07 as a throw in or a basis for a trade that isn't needed.
4) The 1st, even if a late 1st, has value and is being treated as a throw in.
5) Knuble is a workhorse who plays under all circumstances. Just because he is a UFA doesn't mean we'll trade him at a drop of a hat.
6) You can take Jones.
7) Even as a salary dump, we could do better than trading 2 solid NHL players, an amazing prospect, and a 1st for Kaberle. OP said the salaries match sooooooooooo this wouldn't even be a dump and thus pointless.

#1 thing to remember: just because a deal was all but done last season, does not mean a similar deal would be done this season. Best trade never made and quite frankly TOR will never get a chance again like that for Kaberle (at least from Philly).

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Peter Griffin

Personally, I think the Kaberle to Philly boat sunk last season when Kaberle refused to waive his NTC. Philly has added Matt Carle and his near $3.5M cap hit and he appears to be playing pretty decent for them. They've also got Braydon Coburn who's up for a pretty significant raise after next season and Luca Sbisa who will likely have a full-time role as early as next year. I'm sure the Flyers would like to add Kaberle, but the salary cap and the likely asking price likely makes them say "no thanks".

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:39 AM
miltons rules

Amen brother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
Every few days an over-priced trade for TOR comes onto the board where they try to sell us Kaberle.

1) As stated about a billion times before, Kaberle is not needed in Philly. It's not that he isn't a good player, its that we need a physical D like Hatcher back (but not as old/injured/pricey). That does not mean he does not have value or is not a good player, it means he just won't do what the Flyers need.
2) After he wouldn't come to Philly last year, we don't want him this year. He ruined a great deal for TOR last season and we're not going to pay the same price we would have last year.
3) No on JVR at this time. Can't sell the 2nd overall pick in 07 as a throw in or a basis for a trade that isn't needed.
4) The 1st, even if a late 1st, has value and is being treated as a throw in.
5) Knuble is a workhorse who plays under all circumstances. Just because he is a UFA doesn't mean we'll trade him at a drop of a hat.
6) You can take Jones.
7) Even as a salary dump, we could do better than trading 2 solid NHL players, an amazing prospect, and a 1st for Kaberle. OP said the salaries match sooooooooooo this wouldn't even be a dump and thus pointless.

#1 thing to remember: just because a deal was all but done last season, does not mean a similar deal would be done this season. Best trade never made and quite frankly TOR will never get a chance again like that for Kaberle (at least from Philly).

miltons rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:39 AM
azntam

Quote:
Originally Posted by awright1393 View Post
you ever watch many hockey games???

you may right about spoiled ideas from leaf fans, but kabs is not worthless. think before you beak off. i dont think for a second we're now entitled to a carter like deal, but i do know kabs could garner a good prospect with a higher 1st.
no i dont, thats why i post on a hockey forum.

kaberle is overrated, he put up some decent numbers in the past years but that doesnt mean he is worth that much this year. He is soft and is terrible at his position which is defense, not offense. He's good for a desperate team in need of a pp quarterback. good prospect and a higher 1st? depends how u define good. I don't see a 1st coming back. Look for a package of some prospects/young roster players.

azntam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:51 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

siiiiiiiigh

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 09:55 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
TO fans need to realize that the we aren't saying that kaberle sucks or is worthless. he's just not what the team needs anymore. we needed him last season and were willing to pay a premium for him. the deal fell through, so homer addressed the issue in the offseason and with other players this year. why would we pay the premium for a player we no longer need?

jones, knuble for schenn? the value is gone, but at least it's a player the flyers might be interested in. mwahahaha.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 10:08 AM
JeffYear92*

JeffYear92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 10:12 AM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by azntam View Post
no i dont, thats why i post on a hockey forum.

kaberle is overrated, he put up some decent numbers in the past years but that doesnt mean he is worth that much this year. He is soft and is terrible at his position which is defense, not offense. He's good for a desperate team in need of a pp quarterback. good prospect and a higher 1st? depends how u define good. I don't see a 1st coming back. Look for a package of some prospects/young roster players.
as terrible as you think he is, your own team was willing to part with a good prospect and a first last year. i'd define carter as good, you? and by higher i do mean in the 20's. to be honest, last year i thought carter and a first was too much for kaberle. but hey, i'm not paul holmgren, what do i know. i'm pretty confident he'll get a good prospect (guy not in the league yet?) and a first.

Old
01-15-2009, 10:13 AM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

i do agree with the majority, kabs is not a need for philly. thus philly should never pay the price for him.

Old
01-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Brophy

Kaberle is worthless at this point.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 10:18 AM
TheChief

So Leaf fans think Schenn (the Human Eraser...ahahahahaaaa) is untouchable ... but assume they can steal JVR. Giroux is a least reasonable...
Really??? Leaf fans....No... Not Really.

TheChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 10:54 AM
BringBackStevens

It would be nice if people stopped referring to the rumored 1st + Carter deal last year as gospel for a return for Kaberle. Holmgren said himself that he had a deal in place that did NOT involve Carter. My speculation was it was Umberger and a 1st. Now you can believe whatever you want, but this was NEVER any more than a rumor

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 12:14 PM
IBLeaf*

I love how Philly is always trying to give away Lupul and Jones. Even if this one example was made by a Leafs fan, it's hilarious.

No one wants them.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 12:19 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh Pit View Post
I love how Philly is always trying to give away Lupul and Jones. Even if this one example was made by a Leafs fan, it's hilarious.

No one wants them.
i think you're underestimating the demand for offensive wingers like lupul. flyers fans are not trying to dump lupul/jones because they're bad (well, some do in terms of jones), it's to manage the cap. every team has players they'd like to deal, not because they're bad, but because there's another benefit to dealing them. i've seen a lot of kaberle proposals too, does that make him trash?

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote