HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Vs Leafs???

Old
01-20-2009, 08:49 PM
MrNasty

vCash: 500
You guys aren't hardcore...lol

I just came back from a hockey trip to Montreal

Plane ticket: $600
Tickets: Prestige and Club seats for two games (lucky to get at cost) $450
Hotel for 3 nights $500
Peelers $100...(I stayed out of the back room)
Beer and food $300...is beer ever expensive in downtown Montreal!

2 thousand bucks just to watch my beloved Habs.

BTW, yes if you are in Club Desjardins you get free food but there are lineups. You also get a better selection of alcohol for cheaper than the other sections (Corona & Heineken is 7 bucks). Molson Ex elsewhere is 9 bucks.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post

Hotel for 3 nights $500

BTW, yes if you are in Club Desjardins you get free food but there are lineups. You also get a better selection of alcohol for cheaper than the other sections (Corona & Heineken is 7 bucks). Molson Ex elsewhere is 9 bucks.
Corona and Heineken is never a better selection than anything.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 09:18 PM
habtastic

Went to the Jan 8th one. Straight from the airport (28 hours in transit from Asia) to the BC. Got ticks on Stubhub. Total...900 CDN. Also, since I live in the GTA for school, to change my ticket to arrive in MTL, that cost ~500 bucks, then train back to KW , $127. Totallllly worth it (as the score will indicate). Also, ALMOST got to see that belarussian conflict if the ref hadn't wrestled the punk to the ground. He was so pissed, did the whole double handed point to the crowd as he was getting tossed. Priceless (actually it was...Halak in net...you get to see the real deal). And yes, I can't wait to move back home for just one reason, the Habs.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 09:43 PM
habsfan2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post

Hotel for 3 nights $500

This is not a competition thread lol...and the drinks were optional so you can take that away from your cost lol...

habsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 11:21 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

This may sound like a stupid question... lol in regards to the Club Desjardins seats.

My friends and I bought two tickets in the third level for the Habs/Leafs game off eBay and we got two tickets in the Club Desjardins from a family member's friend. The question is my friends want to take turns sitting in the lower level in Club Desjardins so the same two people aren't stuck in the 300 level all game... are there any sort of rules that don't allow this due to the free food/drinks? Would we be able to switch up every period or so if we switch each others tickets?

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 04:21 PM
MrNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
This may sound like a stupid question... lol in regards to the Club Desjardins seats.

My friends and I bought two tickets in the third level for the Habs/Leafs game off eBay and we got two tickets in the Club Desjardins from a family member's friend. The question is my friends want to take turns sitting in the lower level in Club Desjardins so the same two people aren't stuck in the 300 level all game... are there any sort of rules that don't allow this due to the free food/drinks? Would we be able to switch up every period or so if we switch each others tickets?
That's a good question. Club Desjardins has it's own private entrance from outside but I am not sure if there is another way between floors/levels. If there is you would need to switch tickets but I am guessing that you cannot for the food reason.

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 05:57 PM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post

Went to a game a few years ago with a couple friends we had 2 tickets in the whites and 1 red. We planned on everyone getting one period in the red, but when we tried to meet up after the 1st they were not allowed to come down. Don't know if this is different now but it seemed kinda weird to me at the time.

TonyTinglebone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Habs_46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
That's nothing.

Toronto - Montreal using Via Rail - $289.84, 2 tickets round trip.
Doubletree Hilton - 2 night stay, $208.84
Montreal vs Boston Feb 1st, Section 112, Range BB. $450/ticket.

Total trip = $1,398.68 without food and beverage.
I'm in the same boat.... accept i got tickets for the game against LA on saturday aswell.

Habs_46 is offline   Reply With Quote