HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #46 - 01.16.09 | NY Rangers @ Chicago | 8:30 PM - MSG 2

Old
01-17-2009, 11:11 AM
HenriksBetter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisshockey View Post
Before you complain about the officiating, consider this: What team got a rare overtime powerplay, which they quickly capitalized on to win the game? Just sayin’…

http://www.rangerblues.com/2009/01/1...in-at-chicago/
Stating the fact that the officiating was horrible is not complaining. A lot of those calls were absolutely ******** last night. So tick tacky it isn't even funny. And they went both ways. Why take the game out of the hands of the players like that?

I am glad the Rangers won and really think that was one hell of a character win. It took a lot of hard work form a bunch of guys, especially the defense, to kill off those 5 on 3's. Henrik made some huge saves as well. And that was against the #6 PP in the NHL. It wasn't like they were facing a PP as dysfunctional as the Rangers own PP.

Drury had a hell of a game last night as well. He was great on both sides of the puck. It frustrates me though to see him play like that after watching him be so inconsistant for the first half of the season. Where has the effort been on so many nights? I sure hope it shows up on a more regular basis form here on out. The Rangers are going to need it.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:11 AM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Before you complain about the officiating, consider this: What team got a rare overtime powerplay, which they quickly capitalized on to win the game? Just sayin’…

http://www.rangerblues.com/2009/01/1...in-at-chicago/
There was absolutely no question there. Dubinsky's stick was chopped in half. In the NHL today that's an automatic call.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:14 AM
HenriksBetter

Did anyone see Renney's post game interview? I passed out and missed it. I wonder what he had to say about the penalty situation.

Old
01-17-2009, 11:14 AM
045NYR

did anyone see were Rosie got that 4 minute high-stick at the end of the game? i mean i just didnt see anything like that happen, were was the high-stick?

045NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:15 AM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
okay then, the officials got something right, right? So no conspiracy?
I never cried conspiracy. Just crappy officiating that all went Chicago's way. All of the bad calls were against us, and they got away with a bunch of stuff.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:16 AM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 045 DEUCE NYR View Post
did anyone see were Rosie got that 4 minute high-stick at the end of the game? i mean i just didnt see anything like that happen, were was the high-stick?
I don't even think it was Rozsival who hit a guy up high. I didn't see him come in contact with anyone on the replay. Refs got the wrong guy or pulled one out of their ass.

Old
01-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Garv23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 045 DEUCE NYR View Post
Yeah, that one had me baffled. I didn't get to see any replays but does anyone here actually know what happened?

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:19 AM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I never cried conspiracy. Just crappy officiating that all went Chicago's way. All of the bad calls were against us, and they got away with a bunch of stuff.
The one call or noncall i should say was the trip on Staal. Granted he needs to show some restraint and no hack at the guy, but if that trip is called there would have been no call on Staal and no 5 on 3 when Redden got called on his bogus interference call.

Old
01-17-2009, 11:19 AM
ciggy

i won't be satisfied with renney until i some some sticks come flyin on the ice ...

ciggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:20 AM
ciggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
Did anyone see Renney's post game interview? I passed out and missed it. I wonder what he had to say about the penalty situation.
there wasn't one televised

Old
01-17-2009, 11:21 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Welcome
Haha, yeah forgot about the yt tags. I tried editing mine real quick... to no avail!

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Welcome
I thought he was going to walk out onto the ice. seriously. I was like holy ****. How far is he going to go. Good for him though. Bout time seeing Renney getting fired up for his team. And what ever earful he gave Koharski and the other Refs, was well deserved.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
045NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
Yeah, that one had me baffled. I didn't get to see any replays but does anyone here actually know what happened?
i saw a quick replay and showed him trying to swat a puck out of the air. he didnt touch anyone let alone draw blood, so how the hell is that a double minor? unless it happened prior to that. that was the worst phantom call ive ever seen, ridiculous.

Old
01-17-2009, 11:22 AM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
there wasn't one televised
oh ok, thanks

Old
01-17-2009, 11:27 AM
gravytrain6t

You know what? I think it's only going to get worse tomorow after noon if that's possible. Nationally televised game. Bettman absolutely adores Crosby. The game is in Pittsburgh. I have a bad feeling Renney's gonna "pop a gasket."

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Garv23

unreal. But hey, bottom line is we won a game that was pretty much handed to the Hawks. 5 5 on 3's and we pulled it out in OT. Man, what a seriously awesome win. Probably the best so far this year for me at least.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Ice Hockey

i'd be pissed too. i think fans are sometimes a little to quick to jump the gun on these kinds of things but it looked as if the refs created calls out of thin air to try to create a certain outcome.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:36 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Welcome
That is just pure awesomeness. Need more of that from Renney. I love how he actually opened the door to the bench and stood at the ledge. Classic .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:36 AM
oliverl97

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
I thought he was going to walk out onto the ice. seriously. I was like holy ****. How far is he going to go. Good for him though. Bout time seeing Renney getting fired up for his team. And what ever earful he gave Koharski and the other Refs, was well deserved.
lol that's what i was thinking then when he stopped by the exit i was like thank god

oliverl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:37 AM
ciggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Hockey View Post
i'd be pissed too. i think fans are sometimes a little to quick to jump the gun on these kinds of things but it looked as if the refs created calls out of thin air to try to create a certain outcome.
i never saw the replay of rozi's 4 min high stick, did anybody see it ?

Old
01-17-2009, 11:50 AM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
i never saw the replay of rozi's 4 min high stick, did anybody see it ?
They called it extremely late and it shouldve been on Prucha, not Rosi. I thought it wouldve been a good call though if they had actually called it right away and on the right player.

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:57 AM
045NYR

Quote:
unreal. But hey, bottom line is we won a game that was pretty much handed to the Hawks. 5 5 on 3's and we pulled it out in OT. Man, what a seriously awesome win. Probably the best so far this year for me at least.
i agree. i was so frustrated last night and that made the win that much sweeter. definitely one of our best.

Old
01-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Prucha was the one who's stick went up high, though Roszival was in the immediate vicinity. The linesman got the wrong player, but it was the right call. I was getting the Chicago feed on GameCenter Live last night and they were able to find it and showed the replay. That call was legit.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Pizza

Could be a turning point game for the Rangers.

A great, gutty win.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:11 PM
045NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Prucha was the one who's stick went up high, though Roszival was in the immediate vicinity. The linesman got the wrong player, but it was the right call. I was getting the Chicago feed on GameCenter Live last night and they were able to find it and showed the replay. That call was legit.
gotcha, i couldnt see it on the replay they showed. thanks for clearing that up.