HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Idea

Old
01-15-2009, 06:11 PM
ORYX

vCash: 500
Trade Idea

Now i know there has been alot of fan talk about trading Briere etc, however please hear me out, I think that this would eb good for both clubs.

Now the Ottawa Senators are in need of a second line center with a skill set to play with one of the big three so that they are more then a one line team. A player like Danny would do well there IMO.

Now in return i would like to see Mike Fisher and then some come this way.

Mike Fisher would look great in a Flyers uni i would think.

What else would need to come our way, and is this sort of deal feasable?

P.S. I like Briere's offensive upside, and i understand his importance to this team, however i believe his lack of defensive prowess damages our team, and we have preformed well with him out of the lineup.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:12 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Briere isnt moving anywhere. God Dammit God Dammit God Dammit.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:17 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

i doubt he'd want to go to ottawa. he'd have to waive the clause

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:18 PM
ORYX

I don't understand some posters inability to understand that Briere is not that much of an asset to this team, and that a hockey forum, in particular a trade idea, is just that, an idea, its a proposal, to gain feedback and to see if the players in question are marketable and the players that would potential be returned would help the club win a few more games.

Believe it or not, Danny Briere is an expendable player.

Old
01-15-2009, 06:18 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
I don't understand some posters inability to understand that Briere is not that much of an asset to this team, and that a hockey forum, in particular a trade idea, is just that, an idea, its a proposal, to gain feedback and to see if the players in question are marketable and the players that would potential be returned would help the club win a few more games.

Believe it or not, Danny Briere is an expendable player.
Believe it or not, that really doesn't matter when he has a NTC.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:21 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

i have no idea if thats a good deal or not. i tend to stay focused on whose on our team and in our system. even after 35 years of watching, i really only know opposing team players from what i hear about them on teh broadcast.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Raffl House

vCash: 513
I could see why you would want Fisher on the team, but I would want more than just him in any trade for Briere. Not to mention, his NMC probably means he shoots most teams.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:26 PM
chromemaro

vCash: 50
its funny how everyone hates on briere and his contract but they are willing to trade for him

chromemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:28 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Believe it or not, that really doesn't matter when he has a NTC.
A No Trade Clause/No Movement clause is a stipulation yes, but this is a hockey forum, not real life. Also, players have waived such clauses in the past, and will continue to do so in the Future.

IMO NTC in professional sports only handcuffs a team, and should be held very close, or even limited by the league, I.E only players making X salary or above over a time span of the past X years should be able to have such a clause.

Old
01-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Doesn't Fisher have a NTC, too?

I'd love to have him as a third line centre.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Raffl House

vCash: 513
Quote:
A No Trade Clause/No Movement clause is a stipulation yes, but this is a hockey forum, not real life. Also, players have waived such clauses in the past, and will continue to do so in the Future.

IMO NTC in professional sports only handcuffs a team, and should be held very close, or even limited by the league, I.E only players making X salary or above over a time span of the past X years should be able to have such a clause.
Thats usually how it works...how many 3rd and 4th liners do you see with NTCs or NMCs? Or, for that matter, how many players TOTAL? There aren't many. it already is reserved for top paid players.

And, this is a hockey forum, but if you want to be taken seriously, make serious offers. Not many players waive these clauses unless there is a serious issue with the team or they are grossly unhappy, and Briere has only been injured -- the team would welcome him back with open arms any day of the week, and Briere would want to stay with the team 9 times out of 10.

He isn't moving.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:33 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Ottawa doesn't need Briere, they need to rebuild.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Mike Richards 18

I like Fishers physicality he brings but he is over 4mil id rather have Vermette i think he can handle third line center just fine at the right price for a third line center and gives us what we need CAP SPACE.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:42 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post
Thats usually how it works...how many 3rd and 4th liners do you see with NTCs or NMCs? Or, for that matter, how many players TOTAL? There aren't many. it already is reserved for top paid players.

And, this is a hockey forum, but if you want to be taken seriously, make serious offers. Not many players waive these clauses unless there is a serious issue with the team or they are grossly unhappy, and Briere has only been injured -- the team would welcome him back with open arms any day of the week, and Briere would want to stay with the team 9 times out of 10.

He isn't moving.

Of course a player with a NTC would 9/10 times want to stay with the team etc, i agree with that. However my initial post was made in seriousness. Briere would help Ottawa and Fisher+ would help the flyers, is that not serious enough?

Yes the team would welcome him back with open arms, as would every other team in the league, however i see him as expendable. It isn;t that i dislike him, or see him as a waste, its that i believe we have an excess amount of finess, and a lack of quality grit that can also pot a few. We have tonnes of goal scoring (carter, Richards, Gagne, Lupul, Hartnell etc) and tonnes of Grit (Hartnell, cote, metropolit etc) However aside from Hartnell and in a regard Richards, i dont see a player hat can make a physical presence as well as a offensive presence.

As i said in the origional post, please feel free to change things etc. I would basically just like to see fisher on this team, and in order for that to happen, from a salary perspective Briere made the most sense for both sides.

Old
01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Briere isnt moving anywhere. God Dammit God Dammit God Dammit.
How unfortunate.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:55 PM
mm6492

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, the Philadelphia Flyers finished last in teh league Things got worse when they lost the lottery and the chance at Patrick Kane The Flyers, now run by one Paul "Homer" Holmgrem knew that things needed to change. They were aggressive in fA, signing Kimmo Timmonen Scott Hartnell , and Daniel Briere

Daniel was a fine young fellow, born and raised in a great family, who would always throw him a big birthday party On Daniels 4th birthday his parents bought him a pair of ice skates which he used everyday for the next 3 years, except for those days he missed for pulled hamstrings, groins, and other ailments

Daniel had worked his way up, and had become a great player with Buffalo He hit the FA market as a big time scorer, both in the regular and post season Daniel got a call from the before mentioned "Homer" about playing for the Flyers Many people thought this was a joke as the Flyers were terrible. But it was not

Fast forward to the '08 playoffs. Daniel did not have a strong regular season but he came on in the playoffs, switching between center and Cannons wing Well then the offseason came

Daniel forgot to stretch during the offseason resulting in multiple injuries to the "groin" area once the season started Well, once this started so did one other thing........

STUPID TRADE PROPOSALS

People argued this was a "hockey forum" and that we should give them "feedback"

Well guess what...

WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS

When Danny got those ice skates on his 4th birthday, he knew that one day he would be in the NHL. But people like YOU try to take that dream away

Well guess what, Danny is going the same place as this thread

NOWHERE

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Mike Richards 18

haha Hilarious

Old
01-15-2009, 06:59 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

sighh... this is more a "LETS GET OF BRIERE" thread. I dont feel like going into the arguement again. Then mike will come in here and jester and everyone else and we will have a big Briere debate again.

Enough with the Briere debates... they get annoying

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 07:00 PM
ORYX

Wow, no wonder the only people posting around here are those with thousands of posts! I guess there is no room for debate in this forum

Old
01-15-2009, 07:02 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Wow, no wonder the only people posting around here are those with thousands of posts! I guess there is no room for debate in this forum
I can easy find a link with the past 4 threads discussing Briere, if thats what you want

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Mike Richards 18

you will learn with time how things work, dont let it get you down, you have a right to a Thread and debating topics that are not extremely retarded if they are too rediculous they get locked.

Last edited by Mike Richards 18: 01-15-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old
01-15-2009, 07:28 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
you will learn with time oh things work dont let it get you downyou have a right to a Thread and debating topics that are not extremely retarded.

My apologies MR18, perhaps i should follow your lead then....

Old
01-15-2009, 07:32 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post
I could see why you would want Fisher on the team, but I would want more than just him in any trade for Briere. Not to mention, his NMC probably means he shoots most teams.
However, Briere is from the Ottawa area (Gatineau to be exact), so I don't think it'd be a stretch if he were to waive the NMC to go to Ottawa. With that being said, Briere is a Holmgren/Luce guy and he's going to be here for the long term. People need to get used to it.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 07:56 PM
mm6492

Quote:
1. Briere has a NMC
2. Homer has said he is not moving

There are plenty of new [posters around, it is just the ones with more popsts who tend to answer faster, and in most cases, better

You will get some great debates on here, especially with Jester . However, if you want a good debate, pick a good subject. Not one that has been talked about over, and over, and over, and over agin

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Gert B Frobe

Ever been to Ottawa? If your from the Philadelphia area, go outside of your house tomorrow and imagine what life would be like if it was this cold EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR. Maybe Briere enjoys staying indoors, snowmobiles, tv, board games, ice fishing, tv and books then I guess he'd be okay with the trade.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote