HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hartnell

Old
01-10-2009, 10:58 PM
tytech

vCash: 500
Hartnell

I include myself in this post but how many people were pissed about about Hartnells contract last year????? So much money for someone who had so many empty net goals and didn't seem to be producing much???? I, for one, cheapishly admit that I hated his contract last year and wondered what we did to deserve it.

However...

He has become one of my favourite flyers. I love that we have him the next few years. His board work, tenacity and work ethic is a typical Flyer and I couldn't imagine him wearing anything other than the orange and black. He is a prototypical Flyer and compliments Carter very well.

I would, however, take Lupul off that line and put Upshall in his place. Upshall creates more opportunities and seems to be smarter, even though Lupul is more naturally gifted offensively. I guess it's Upshall's work ethic that seems to create more space for himself or at least scoring chances when playing with Carter. Upshall is more noticeable on the third line that Lupul is on the second.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 11:06 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech View Post
I include myself in this post but how many people were pissed about about Hartnells contract last year????? So much money for someone who had so many empty net goals and didn't seem to be producing much???? I, for one, cheapishly admit that I hated his contract last year and wondered what we did to deserve it.

However...

He has become one of my favourite flyers. I love that we have him the next few years. His board work, tenacity and work ethic is a typical Flyer and I couldn't imagine him wearing anything other than the orange and black. He is a prototypical Flyer and compliments Carter very well.

I would, however, take Lupul off that line and put Upshall in his place. Upshall creates more opportunities and seems to be smarter, even though Lupul is more naturally gifted offensively. I guess it's Upshall's work ethic that seems to create more space for himself or at least scoring chances when playing with Carter. Upshall is more noticeable on the third line that Lupul is on the second.
i can pretty much agree with everything you said here. not too sure about Upshall being on the second line, UNLESS they trade Lupul, but i see what you are saying. I think Scottie is underrated, and I love the energy he plays with every night

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 11:07 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

upppy needs to learn to stay on his skates.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 11:22 PM
mm6492

I would keep Lupul on that line, as he is more offensively talented, and that line has worked

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Carter and Upshall have had chemistry since day one. If Lupul didn't disappear when put with Metropolit, switching them would actually strengthen our depth. As much as I like Joffrey, it seems as though he always needs a top centre at the top of his game to produce with any regularity.

As for Hartnell...yep, I've loved him since his first game as a Flyer and have always defended him.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 12:03 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
the occasional bonehead penalty aside, he is very valuable.
He creates space for Lupul, Carter, or whoever his on his line and is on pace for 30 goals. He is earning his money.
hes tough( the guy is playing with a busted toe.) that cant be too comfortable when he gets hit with a slash or a shot.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 01:25 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I nominate Scottie for quote of the year when they showed him mic'd up on the bench:

To Pavel Kubina:

"They couldn't get you out of Tampa fast enough"

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 02:39 AM
qwertysac

wow lmao, did he really say that?

too jokes, nhl seriously needs to mic more players up.

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:39 AM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I nominate Scottie for quote of the year when they showed him mic'd up on the bench:

To Pavel Kubina:

Is that who he was talking to?

I got a big laugh out of that as well.

Yertle The Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 08:54 AM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post

To Pavel Kubina:

I love it! If they mic'd him and Biron every game, there would be no end of wicked quotes!

I think Hartnell is a great influence on our young team. And I think he'd be a great coach in the future, if he so chooses.

My favourite Hartnell moment:

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 10:47 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Carter and Upshall have had chemistry since day one. If Lupul didn't disappear when put with Metropolit, switching them would actually strengthen our depth. As much as I like Joffrey, it seems as though he always needs a top centre at the top of his game to produce with any regularity.

As for Hartnell...yep, I've loved him since his first game as a Flyer and have always defended him.
yup, Storm has been one of his biggest defenders the entire time. I never had a problem with his contract, I knew what we were getting and I fully expected him to be worth his contract. I knew it would seem like he was over paid probably his first year or 2 but then, as salaries continued to rise and Hartnell continued to get even better that most if not all of us would come to see this as a very good signing. The transition has begun, some as starting to change their minds.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 11:20 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I love the way he plays, the prototypical Flyers player. Now if somebody could teach him how to score on breakaways...

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 11:53 AM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Hartnell when we first signed him I thought he was a little overpaid but I was still happy with the signing him. Over the last year and a half he has shown that he brings alot more to the table than just scoring and for a big man he has great speed. He never gives up on a play and is always working and contributing. My only beef with him is his ill-timed penalties and he really needs to get a haircut mind you it does remind me of the old days where people ran around with Fros

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 12:00 PM
dawkins121

I'm a big Scott Hartnell fan. He plays hard and although he's no playmaker he seems to be able to sniff out the ugly goals.

I also think his contract is a steal. This guy is only 26 but I think people forget that since he looks like he's 36. We have him locked up through the prime of his career for 4.7 mill this year then going down to 4.2, 4.2, 3.7, and 3.2.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 12:05 PM
mikedifr

Quote:

However...

Liked him from the beginning, defened him from the beginning....anyone who didnt should get off the bandwagon

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I never understoof the overpayment lark. The guy is not overpaid and we needed to pay that much money to keep him from hitting the free market.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 05:11 PM
tytech

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Liked him from the beginning, defened him from the beginning....anyone who didnt should get off the bandwagon
The only thing I like about you from the beginning is your avatar pic.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 05:28 PM
27roenick97

love his game on the team. i felt that homer did what he had too after that god awful season--one hole was a quality left winger and he paid hart's what he had to...

his apparent synergy with carter is just that much better now.

27roenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 01:12 AM
kicksave27

he was brought in to eventually replace knuble. While he's knuble like in front of the next, he can also skate and stick handle, along with some agitation, and 10 years younger, hence the extra 2 mil more than knuble is making. He's going to give you more then lupul will next year at 4 mil.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 12:36 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
The only thing I like about you from the beginning is your avatar pic.
Yeah, you cant possibly NOT like that unless you are gay or a female that doesnt appreicate other hot females

Old
01-12-2009, 12:44 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Every team needs a guy like Hartnell.

I call him an idiot every game, but I'm glad he's a Flyer.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 01:08 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Every team needs a guy like Hartnell.

I call him an idiot every game, but I'm glad he's a Flyer.
Yeah, he can be an idiot sometimes....but that is part of his charm As long as he doesnt lose games for us he provides some personality and comic relief

Old
01-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Yeah, you cant possibly NOT like that unless you are gay or a female that doesnt appreicate other hot females
I'm a female who can appreciate other hot females, but I think she's kind of weird looking. I also think she needs to eat a ******* cheesesteak........ or 10.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 01:12 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I love Hartnell and I love cheesesteaks like Andy Reid.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 01:14 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I'm a female who can appreciate other hot females, but I think she's kind of weird looking. I also think she needs to eat a ******* cheesesteak........ or 10.
As long as she throws em up later, who cares?

(kidding)

(well, maybe not, you decide )

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote