HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins - Maple Leafs

Old
01-16-2009, 05:27 AM
donJones

vCash: 500
Bruins - Maple Leafs

To Bruins:
T.Kaberle
M.Stajan

To Maple Leafs:
M.Fernandez
M.Lashoff
Z.Hamill
1st round pick 09

Flame away again!!

donJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 06:07 AM
donJones

Bruins - Maple Leafs

To Bruins:
T.Kaberle
M.Stajan

To Maple Leafs:
M.Fernandez
M.Lashoff
Z.Hamill
P.Nokelainen
1st round pick 09

Flame away again!!

donJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donJones View Post
To Bruins:
T.Kaberle
M.Stajan

To Maple Leafs:
M.Fernandez
M.Lashoff
Z.Hamill
P.Nokelainen
1st round pick 09

Flame away again!!
Not bad, at least I don't think it's in the same category many of the proposals we've seen of late.

Kaberle will cost some top end prospects no matter where he goes so this seems about right to me.

I don't really see the need for Stajan personally with our center depth though, Bergeron, Krejci, Savard, Yelle... but one thing I do like, his presence would allow Bergeron to move back to the wing effectively replacing Sturm.

The only negative and possible deal breaker I see right now is Manny. It's an unknown if Boston would deal him right now with the tandem performing as well as it has been (it's my belief they would sooner keep the two goalies for the cup run).

If Boston were to trade him though, I could see it in a deal like this. Kaberle improves our chances that much more and definitely fits the mold of the dman we'd be looking for.

For me, if Boston is looking to move Manny, it's more a question of "does Toronto do this".

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 07:42 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Not bad, at least I don't think it's in the same category many of the proposals we've seen of late.

Kaberle will cost some top end prospects no matter where he goes so this seems about right to me.

I don't really see the need for Stajan personally with our center depth though, Bergeron, Krejci, Savard, Yelle... but one thing I do like, his presence would allow Bergeron to move back to the wing effectively replacing Sturm.

The only negative and possible deal breaker I see right now is Manny. It's an unknown if Boston would deal him right now with the tandem performing as well as it has been (it's my belief they would sooner keep the two goalies for the cup run).

If Boston were to trade him though, I could see it in a deal like this. Kaberle improves our chances that much more and definitely fits the mold of the dman we'd be looking for.

For me, if Boston is looking to move Manny, it's more a question of "does Toronto do this".

not bad from Boston's POV, but from the Leafs, it's not too great.
...though it is better than most of the posts we've seen lately from the single/double digit post count noobies ...A for effort, C- for value

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 07:46 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
not bad from Boston's POV, but from the Leafs, it's not too great.
...though it is better than most of the posts we've seen lately from the single/double digit post count noobies ...A for effort, C- for value
Kinda figured myself, Toronto could likely get less risky top end prospects for Kabs.

Hence the last line of my post.

Old
01-16-2009, 07:57 AM
AK

Not horrible, but I think the Leafs might want at least one big chip for Kaberle, maybe someone like Wheeler (obviously not adding much more).

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Not horrible, but I think the Leafs might want at least one big chip for Kaberle, maybe someone like Wheeler (obviously not adding much more).
Can't see Boston altering their lineup much.

While a top pairing dman would be nice, getting one at the expense of the current lineup doesn't make much sense however considering the B's currently have the best GAA and 2nd best GF in the league. They'll want to add to their current roster if anything, not subtract.

I agree though, Toronto will want (and likely get) more.

Old
01-16-2009, 08:23 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I probably sound like a broken record, but I don't see the Bruins breaking up their chemistry.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:31 AM
grabo84

Dropping out Stajan and Fernandez makes it a bit more plausible I think, but it sort of hinges on what Burke thinks of Hamill. I think swapping out Hamill for Colborne might be more likely to get it done, but the basic idea is 1st, top prospect, and young roster player, so that fits the bill.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:43 AM
D3ADLY

Quote:
To Bruins:
T.Kaberle
M.Stajan

To Maple Leafs:
M.Fernandez
M.Lashoff
Z.Hamill
P.Nokelainen
1st round pick 09http://hfboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=17377433
HFBoards - Reply to Topic

Flame away again!!
how about..

Bruins: Kaberle, Antropov

Leafs: M.Fernandez, M.Lashoff, Blake wheeler, P.Nokelainen, 1st round pick 09, and 1st in 10 with possibly 4th pick in 09 or 10 if bruins wants to resign antropov

D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:44 AM
AlMo

Quote:
To Bruins:
T.Kaberle
M.Stajan

To Maple Leafs:
M.Fernandez
M.Lashoff
Z.Hamill
P.Nokelainen
1st round pick 09

Flame away again!!
From a Leafs POV, there is really nothing of note there. Aside from Hamill, the rest are just throw in's imo and really just one of those quantity for quality type deals.

Ferenandez is set to become a UFA at seasons and the Leafs are rebuilding. Why would they even waste their time with Fernandez? It is also more sensible for the B's to keep Fernandez just in case Thomas goes down with an injury. Nokelainen is no more than a 4th line player. The Leafs have more than there share of these types of players with the big club and down with the Marlies. Lashoff is a decent young player and I really wouldn't mind bringing him in but I think his stock has fallen since he has been drafted. I'm not knocking Lashoff here, he has the tools to be a top 4 but I just think he is alot more valuable to the B's than he is around the league. The 1st rounder is a no brainer but it loses it's lustre when we're talking about the 28-30th overall pick.

I just don't see a deal developing between these two clubs. The players the Leafs would want are currently contributing to the club and players such as Hamill and Colborne are decent but I think another team out there will offer a better prospect and/or young player. I think Leafs and Bruins' fans have explored this option before. IMO, Burke would like a Kessel or Krejci or Wheeler but it's obviously ridiculous to think the B's would give up any of those guys.

The B's are better off looking at the second tier of available dman and maybe staying away from the likes of Kaberle or Bouwmeester.

It might make alot more sense to go after someone like Schneider who would cost a mid rd pick and has an expiring contract. Schneider would provide depth and experience for a playoff drive.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Riffo*

Schenn+Kaberle for Lucic+Hamill+Nokelainen.

Riffo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsin2010 View Post
how about..

Leafs: M.Fernandez, M.Lashoff, Blake wheeler, P.Nokelainen, 1st round pick 09, and 1st in 10 with possibly 4th pick in 09 or 10 if bruins wants to resign antropov
I can't wait til Bruins fans read this and laugh at you.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 08:55 AM
D3ADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
I can't wait til Bruins fans read this and laugh at you.
theres nothing to laugh about this i still think leafs can do way better than this and i said it b4 nd i'll say it again if the team at deadline needs a top defender for there playoff push they will give up lots of prospect and picks..

Old
01-16-2009, 08:58 AM
D3ADLY

and i also think if the deal ever happens with bruins which i doubt it wil.. fernandez mite be involved he can be cheap pick up for toronto next season for back up role and try him out for few games late this year and hopefully pogge gets his chance as well to start in net in '09/'10

Last edited by D3ADLY: 01-16-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old
01-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Sneekypete

Quote:
how about..

Here we go again.Please think about both teams when making a trade offer.This trade offer may be 1 of the worst offers I have read on this site.
I know this offer does not represent all leaf fans but the acts of few make so many look horrid.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
theres nothing to laugh about this i still think leafs can do way better than this and i said it b4 nd i'll say it again if the team at deadline needs a top defender for there playoff push they will give up lots of prospect and picks..
Wheeler > Antropov.

The kids got 28 points in 44 games in his inaugural season playing on the 3rd line.

Antropov's career high in 10 seasons is 56 points.

Yes, I realize he has better point totals this year (6 more points then Wheeler), but that will happen when you average 4 minutes more per game, and 3 minutes more PP time per game.

So we lose badly on that side of the deal, not even considering the 4th rounder we may lose if we're lucky enough to resign the, wait wut, UFA to be. My god man.

Then you want us to deal M.Fernandez, M.Lashoff, P.Nokelainen, 1st round pick 09, and 1st in 10 for Kaberle?

Really?

Are you sure?

Want to rethink that one at all?

Old
01-16-2009, 09:16 AM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Wheeler > Antropov.

The kids got 28 points in 44 games in his inaugural season playing on the 3rd line.
Isn't Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder pretty much the second line at this point?

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
They have been only since Bergeron went down. So in reality I could should edit that to say "3rd line for 85% of the season thus far". In reality though, I figured the TOI was far more telling then actual line placement.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:19 AM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

Quote:
how about..

One of the worst proposals I have seen...no exaggeration at all whatsoever.

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:34 AM
weaponomega

Quote:
They are playing like the first line since Savard has nothing to work with at the moment.

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:47 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamD1337 View Post
One of the worst proposals I have seen...no exaggeration at all whatsoever.
One of the worst? Gimmie a break. The Bruins just wouldn't want to deal Wheeler at the moment, there is no urgency. If the B's were in the 7th or 8th spot it would have to be considered. Nokelainen and Fernandez really have minimal value in this deal. A rebuilding team doesn't need a rental goaltender or a
4th liner. Lashoff has upside but he still needs alot of improvement to be a top 4 dman. IMO, he has alot more value to you than he has around the league.

What do you expect to give up to get a a very good dman and and a top 6 forward? You say this is the worst deal you have ever seen so I would like to see what you think is fair? I bet my response to your counterproposal will be "thats the worst deal I have ever seen". I completely understand why you wouldn't want to deal Wheeler but you make it seem like he is one of the best players in the league. Wheeler is a very good player right now but he has a long way to go before he is above and beyond Kaberle in terms of value. The Bruins have had an outstanding season this year and the true test for many of these young guys will be next year when they have to do it again. So before you put someone like Wheeler on a pedestal, let's give him a bit more than a half a season into a career before we start calling deal involving him and all star dmen the "worst you have ever seen".

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:47 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
give us back Rask! that would get the Leafs attention

...center the deal around Kaberle and Poggie for Rask ++

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
give us back Rask! that would get the Leafs attention

...center the deal around Kaberle and Poggie for Rask ++
That'd be a kick to the junk for Pogge that he'd never recover from.

"Sorry, we traded the wrong guy, we realize we really meant to trade you all along. You're a Bruin now. We'll take the better goalie back."

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
One of the worst? Gimmie a break. The Bruins just wouldn't want to deal Wheeler at the moment, there is no urgency. If the B's were in the 7th or 8th spot it would have to be considered. Nokelainen and Fernandez really have minimal value in this deal. A rebuilding team doesn't need a rental goaltender or a
4th liner. Lashoff has upside but he still needs alot of improvement to be a top 4 dman. IMO, he has alot more value to you than he has around the league.

What do you expect to give up to get a a very good dman and and a top 6 forward? You say this is the worst deal you have ever seen so I would like to see what you think is fair? I bet my response to your counterproposal will be "thats the worst deal I have ever seen". I completely understand why you wouldn't want to deal Wheeler but you make it seem like he is one of the best players in the league. Wheeler is a very good player right now but he has a long way to go before he is above and beyond Kaberle in terms of value. The Bruins have had an outstanding season this year and the true test for many of these young guys will be next year when they have to do it again. So before you put someone like Wheeler on a pedestal, let's give him a bit more than a half a season into a career before we start calling deal involving him and all star dmen the "worst you have ever seen".
What do we expect to give up to get a 'very good dman and and a top 6 forward?'

Not a better top 6 forward that's for sure, especially considering the top 6 forward we'd be getting is a UFA. That would be stupid on our parts.

As for having no value, without Fernandez and Noke in this package, the Leafs still get Lashoff, Hamill and 2 firsts. A very good package for a dman of Kaberle's ilk.

If you expect a return such as the one mentioned in this deal, you'll be in for a nasty surprise.