HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Flames are killing Avs

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2004, 04:31 PM
nucks2001

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
as stated, any 1 person can do damage to anybody. Look what Hordichuk did to Worrell.

point was, Worrell has declined to fight oliwa I believe at least 6 times this year. And he did it once during that game. I saw the video of the fight. The two skated past each other and it almost appeared as if worrell said somethign to Oliwa. Right as Oliwa turned around Worrell Tackled him. and then punched him on the back of the head.

I also watched the Parker Worrell fight and watch Parker tag him a couple times. After some missed haymakers from worell he grabbed Parker. Parker got pissed as the referees came in and tugged himself out of Worrells hug and clearly said "what the hell are you doing" to worrell, *****ing that he resorted to Hugging when Parker started landing punches.

Worrell was once a Damn good heavyweight fighter. But the point is, he has backed out of more fights this year than he has faught. And he has been beat soundly twice and lost plenty of decisions. hes becoming a washed up fighter, and this Chickensh*t move he pulled on Worrell was the icing on the cake. Bottom line is next game he will either drop them with Oliwa or turtle, cause Im sure after what he did, Oliwa will gladly take the Instigator to beat the tar out of him.
I'm not referring to the Worrell incident at all.. I'm just responding to the Oliwa is the best enforcer ever posts by some people.

Old
03-08-2004, 04:58 PM
HellsBells

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks2001
I'm not referring to the Worrell incident at all.. I'm just responding to the Oliwa is the best enforcer ever posts by some people.
Nobody said he was the best enforcer (as in best fighter), just that he does his job better than anyone else. Take that for what it is worth but I agree. He never backs down from anyone and he rarely takes the bonehead penalties like he did in the past. The Flames are 10 games over .500 with Oliwa and 1 under without Oliwa. The team plays with more confidence and feels more secure when the Polish Hammer is in the lineup. Sutter realized that and picked up Simon, that way Oliwa can sit in the playoffs if they make it.

And one fight does not make a fighter, I'd take Oliwa over Brookbank anyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Wade "Waiver Wire" Brookbank can throw them down but he is much more useless than Oliwa. Krysztof actually has speed and a wicked shot. I am sure there are better fighters out there but not too many that are "tougher" than Oliwa. So no, Brookbank is not 3 because Oliwa is a better enforcer.

Closed Thread