HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

"As the world turns..." - The Vincent Lecavalier Circus Part V

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2009, 05:20 PM
ThaDevilGirl

vCash: 500
Lecavalier is preparing himself for the ASG...

From Habs I/O

Old
01-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Lecavalier is preparing himself for the ASG...

From Habs I/O
the picture is quite "uplifting"!

Old
01-16-2009, 05:29 PM
suprez

Why everyone call him Vinny Anyway?It's annoying .

It's VINCENT .

Always have to change everything into english eh?
geez

Old
01-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Macke*

C'mon guys... I can't see this going down.

Old
01-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
And as they're calling out the names and the players skate onto the ice, we wonder... why didn't they call out Vinny as #4?... oh wait, #44 from the... he rips off his jersey to reveal... a Habs jersey underneath!... Montreal Canadiens... the crowd goes wild. (And none of the other Habs in the game switch jerseys either). Trade announced on the scoreboard. For the first time in years, the All-Star Game is not forgotten immediately afterward.

Roman will switch
We're jumping the gun big time here, but I like the story.

Having said that, because he's still alive and he's an ambassador with the Habs, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Jean Beliveau gave the Habs and Lecavalier permission to wear #4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
So RDS just ran a story from TB with Lecavalier interviewed and again talking about living with ''uncertainty'' and how he's getting tired of it.

Seems clear the report is from either after last night's game or today. Well after Lawton's comments.

So clearly Vinny isn't buying what his GM is trying to sell to the media about no trade is happening. Or else why would he say the uncertainty part?

At the end, Lavoie also thinks the saga is not over based on ''hallway'' chatter. He added it could evolve again, starting next week.
That's because he spoke to his buddy Dan Boyle, he follows the story on the internet and knows that his GM is a ****in' liar and not to trust him!

From Vinny's comments for the last couple of days, I'm convinced that he knows more than what he led on...

Old
01-16-2009, 05:36 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Will Vincent become angry at lawton's mealy mouthed ways? Lawton sure wasnt much of a first overall pick.

Old
01-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Will Vincent become angry at lawton's mealy mouthed ways? Lawton sure wasnt much of a first overall pick.
Brad Richards no trade clause (gone )

Dan Boyle no trade clause (gone)

Martin St louis no trade clause(next?)

one thing about "no trade clause" in tampa there worth 0 and probably the reason Lawton said he couldnt guarantee Vinny would be in Tampa 10 years from now, even tho he holds a no trade clause coming July 2009.

Old
01-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Cyrrus147

This is not over yet...

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/267223.html

Le directeur général du Lightning Brian Lawton a tenté de calmer le jeu en affirmant que son joueur vedette n'allait pas être échangé, mais dans les coulisses on prétend le contraire. Ce dossier n'est toujours pas réglé et il pourrait même évoluer la semaine prochaine.

The bold part mean that the story is not over yet and the rumor could gain some strengh next week.

EDIT: I didn't see Marc post, I guess this is the same interview except my link is about the report on the rds website.

Old
01-16-2009, 07:23 PM
MathMan

I still get the sinking feeling he'll get traded someplace else.

Old
01-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Philanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I still get the sinking feeling he'll get traded someplace else.
Maybe Vinster's new GM will be more willing to talk to us!!!

Old
01-16-2009, 07:52 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
So RDS just ran a story from TB with Lecavalier interviewed and again talking about living with ''uncertainty'' and how he's getting tired of it.

Seems clear the report is from either after last night's game or today. Well after Lawton's comments.

So clearly Vinny isn't buying what his GM is trying to sell to the media about no trade is happening. Or else why would he say the uncertainty part?

At the end, Lavoie also thinks the saga is not over based on ''hallway'' chatter. He added it could evolve again, starting next week.
If Vinny truly doesn't feel safe there, and doesn't believe Lawton, I've gained a whole bunch of respect for him.

Old
01-16-2009, 08:07 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post

It's VINCENT .

geez
english nicknames

Old
01-16-2009, 08:10 PM
LastRide

Quote:

It's VINCENT .

geez

How about Vincenzo.

Old
01-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
and for all those people who are worried about taking on his massive salary, the Wings are close to signing Zetterberg to a 10 year extension at about 7.5 per year.

So if arguably the best run organization is willing to sign a player to a massive deal like that, what's to say the Habs can't do it too?

Old
01-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
That's because he spoke to his buddy Dan Boyle, he follows the story on the internet and knows that his GM is a ****in' liar and not to trust him!

From Vinny's comments for the last couple of days, I'm convinced that he knows more than what he led on...
I'm not too sure but I believe that everything that Boyle is talking about is personal and secret conversations that they end up not being true to Boyle and ended up lying to him.

I just don't see this as the same thing at all. The GM just went out in public to say something like that. Those guys already have no respect, would you imagine trading Lecavalier real soon after saying publicly he wouldn't? Hockey is done in Tampa if he does that. Unless that's what he wants.

But Boyle did mention in an interview that if he had a tape recorder at the time they said things to him, it would not have looked good for them....So private conversation and going out in public is 2 different things. And then as good as Boyle is, he's not the face of the franchise.

Old
01-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Excellent article from Eric Duhatschek

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...l_gam_mostview

Personally, I agree with that opinion. It's clear the Canadiens and Lightning discussed trading Lecavalier, Montreal put in an offer. And the Lightning camp went back and forth amongst themselves, couldn't agree, so then proclaimed that Lecavalier won't go anywhere...for now.
That was my theory as well, along with the fact that the leak surprised Lawton and didn't please BG at all.

Last edited by Chomsky: 01-16-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old
01-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Markovskaya

This deal is not happening. Too much pressure on tampa's side, too much risk to piss off the fans and lose even more money. As the rumours go on and on you see more and more medias in tampa standing thier ground against the trade. This situation has to influence the owners and GM to the point where they will back down and prolly end up trading Saint-Louis somewhere.

my 2 cents.

(first post....been reading these boards for too long not to post about this story)

Old
01-16-2009, 09:06 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plotapuck View Post
This deal is not happening. Too much pressure on tampa's side, too much risk to piss off the fans and lose even more money. As the rumours go on and on you see more and more medias in tampa standing thier ground against the trade. This situation has to influence the owners and GM to the point where they will back down and prolly end up trading Saint-Louis somewhere.

my 2 cents.

(first post....been reading these boards for too long not to post about this story)
We know, we are just praying Vinny cracks from frustration and realizes the ****hole he is in. That would force a trade. Tampa doesn't want an Angry Vinny.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:09 PM
TheCH*

Quote:

It's VINCENT .

geez
LOL are you serious?
Do you get annoyed when someone calls Gregory Stewart Greg? How about when we call Christopher Higgins Chris? Well calling Vincent Lecavalier Vinny is the same thing... And what do you mean change everything into english? The name Vincent is not french to begin with..

Old
01-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
We know, we are just praying Vinny cracks from frustration and realizes the ****hole he is in. That would force a trade. Tampa doesn't want an Angry Vinny.
What would you think will happen if they trade Saint-Louis instead for some hockey tape and a few bananas ? He could be asking for a trade THEN and rly **** up tampa haha.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:13 PM
justin11

The Bolts owners and management are handling this whole Lecavalier case very poorly. First off, trade Lecavalier to any team for a good package is the best thing the Lighting can do. I would start building around Stamkos; do the Tampa fans even know how good Stamkos will be??? Do they even know how talented this kid is??? Will he be playing as a 2nd line center for the next 11 seasons? I know Lecavalier is the face of the franchise but so was Lemieux for Pittsburgh.

If Tampa gets another chance at No 1 or 2 overall at the draft, they will have a chance to draft Hedman and not to mention the package that would come along with the Lecavalier trade.

Lawton and company’s biggest mistake was yesterday’s press conference, I would have kept quite no matter how out of hand this got with the media and then give my explanations after the fact, I mean clearly they are trying to trade Vincent.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plotapuck View Post
What would you think will happen if they trade Saint-Louis instead for some hockey tape and a few bananas ? He could be asking for a trade THEN and rly **** up tampa haha.
Nice 1st 2 posts. Welcome to the Habs board Plotapuck.

Edit: Wow another Noob, Welcome justin11.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:26 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
We're jumping the gun big time here, but I like the story.

Having said that, because he's still alive and he's an ambassador with the Habs, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Jean Beliveau gave the Habs and Lecavalier permission to wear #4...

Boyle has already stated that "where there is smoke there is fire", he went through it and he has said that new ownership is slimmy and unprofessional.

With the Boyle move, the Feaster firing, Melrose conterversy/firing and then the the Carle move later on as well it looks to me that Lawton is as good a GM as he was a 1st overall draft pick. His whole interview looked so uncomfortable and not to mention the dude looks as greasy as the owners he works for.

If your Vinnie why do you want to stay?

Old
01-16-2009, 09:36 PM
couz

I've heard a couple of Vinny interviews from RDS since this all began.

The one common thing said in both those interviews is the glowing remarks he has for the Habs and the word "class".

it seems to be a factor going through his mind, playing for an organization that is professional and classy from top to bottom.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:47 PM
the vinyl version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Nice 1st 2 posts. Welcome to the Habs board Plotapuck.

Edit: Wow another Noob, Welcome justin11.
I never got a welcome.
So jealous

Closed Thread