HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gruden Fired!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2009, 07:45 PM
sonny side up

vCash: 500
Gruden Fired!!!!!!!!!!

YAYYAYAYAYAYYAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Best move the Bucs have made since drafting Cadillac...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3839188

Shanny to Tampa?

Old
01-17-2009, 12:54 AM
LecavaYeahBaby

Send a message via AIM to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Skype™ to LecavaYeahBaby
Who cares. LETS GO GIANTS!

Old
01-17-2009, 06:37 AM
VoteNOB

I don't understand why they didn't do this sooner. I'm not a Bucs fan, I actually can't stand them but I can't understand how an offensive guru (I don't think he's that great but others do) like Gruden can't come up with a way to get two great receivers on the field at the same time. He could have stretched the field using both Galloway and Bryant, then snuck Hillard down the field 15-20 yards and he probably would have been open almost every time. I think his ego was cashing checks his brain couldn't cover.

Old
01-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Long overdue, and I agree with Tokala in the other thread I posted this in. Haven't like Gruden for awhile now. I just don't think he's done much with what he has and while he stockpiles Qbs, they're always mediocre. Didn't mind Garcia, but there were some other guys out there.

I'm more of a Phins fan, by far, but I claim the Bucs, too. Hoping Shanny comes in and keeps this team rolling.

01-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Raheem Morris promoted to head coach, Mark Dominik promoted to GM.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3839578

Old
01-17-2009, 10:11 AM
sonny side up

this is going to be a major bust or major success... the guy is 32 but he is supposed to be a clone of Tomlin of the Steelers... good for him.. I am not a huge bucs fan (I just cant get into football except my USF Bulls) but this is the right move.

*****waits for NAACP to make comment about a new black head coach and how we need more****** sorry I had to, that whole thing is a joke in my book.. you hire the best coach out there, regardless of color... and I think that this is the best available coach (next to cowher, but he really isnt "available" because he wants to stay away for another year... I would have loved him here!)

Old
01-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Laus723
Future Now

A guy like Tomlin will do great here. I'm excited to see where this takes the team, but as you said, it's definitely a all bust or all success. We'll see.

I agree with the black coaching stuff, you're hire the best guy for the job and usually have someone in mind.

Old
01-17-2009, 05:33 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LecavaYeahBaby View Post
Who cares. LETS GO GIANTS!
Eli Manning is terrible.

Old
01-17-2009, 05:39 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBearMountain View Post
Eli Manning is terrible.
And so are the Oakland Raiders.

Old
01-17-2009, 05:54 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 423
Losing to the Raiders caused Gruden to be fired so it was the best loss we could have had.

Old
01-17-2009, 06:07 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
And so are the Oakland Raiders.
Well then we found him a new home.

Old
01-19-2009, 02:43 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Losing to the Raiders caused Gruden to be fired so it was the best loss we could have had.
Completely agree. I began calling him "Chokey" due to his inability to wake the guys up prior to big games late in the season. The problem with screamer coaches is that the players become immune to their hissy fits after a while. Then on the other end of the spectrum is Tony Dungy, who I have nothing but love for, but is too passive sometimes. Hopefully, Morris will be a nice middle ground.

Old
01-25-2009, 02:34 AM
ScaredStreit

Really you guys are happen that he's gone? If I was a Bucs fan I'd be really pissed off. He got them into the playoffs last year when they had absolutely no business being there. He got them within one game of making the playoffs this year-I mean who was your QB by season's end? Did they even have a real QB? The Bucs are a below average team-and Gruden got them within one game in the playoffs, but yet this notion that his firing was a good thing is ridiculous. And don't give me that T.D. was better nonsense-if Gruden had been hired as coach 2-3 years earlier they probably have more than one superbowl victory.

Old
01-25-2009, 09:06 AM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Really you guys are happen that he's gone? If I was a Bucs fan I'd be really pissed off.
Watch them every Sunday and I am sure you will change your mind.
Quote:
He got them into the playoffs last year when they had absolutely no business being there.
Why not? Of course if he didn't rely so much on cronyism and nepotism we may have had more "business" making the playoffs last year.
-
Quote:
I mean who was your QB by season's end?
Jeff Garcia, though I am sure Gruden would have loved to give Griese chance number #48 to prove he could start

Quote:
Did they even have a real QB?
No we don't. Do you know why? Gruden can't deal with QBs. That is why we he pulled Garcia after one start, gave the starting job to Griese, had McNown sit on the bench and ran Simms out of town.
Quote:
The Bucs are a below average team-and Gruden got them within one game in the playoffs,
If they are a below average team it is because GruAllen can't draft to save their life. Give me one reason why Dexter Jackson shouldn't have been an undrafted free agent?

Quote:
but yet this notion that his firing was a good thing is ridiculous.
Like I said before, watch them every Sunday and you will see it's not.
Quote:
And don't give me that T.D. was better nonsense
Just about every statistic I could find disagrees. Especially winning%
Quote:
-if Gruden had been hired as coach 2-3 years earlier they probably have more than one superbowl victory.
Judging by how fast Gruden screwed up the 2003 Bucs team I doubt it.

Old
01-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
Really you guys are happen that he's gone? If I was a Bucs fan I'd be really pissed off. He got them into the playoffs last year when they had absolutely no business being there. He got them within one game of making the playoffs this year-I mean who was your QB by season's end? Did they even have a real QB? The Bucs are a below average team-and Gruden got them within one game in the playoffs, but yet this notion that his firing was a good thing is ridiculous. And don't give me that T.D. was better nonsense-if Gruden had been hired as coach 2-3 years earlier they probably have more than one superbowl victory.
Seems you know very little about the Bucs, if anything really. They missed the playoffs 4 times in 6 years and missed this year by having the biggest collapse in NFL history...4 games in a row, 2 on the road and 2 at home. That's after starting 9-3. The QB situation is his own fault, not the team's. He couldn't draft anyone, which is why they were "below average."

He destroyed the SuperBowl team and only made the playoffs twice since winning it all. How do you come to all these conclusions? Especially that it's ridiculous or that Dungy wasn't better?

You're horribly misinformed.

Old
02-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Laus723
Future Now

They re-signed McCown today. ESPN is wondering aloud if this means they're thinking of him as the QB of the future. I hope not, but I guess we haven't really seen a whole lot from him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3894900

Old
02-10-2009, 01:58 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
They re-signed McCown today. ESPN is wondering aloud if this means they're thinking of him as the QB of the future. I hope not, but I guess we haven't really seen a whole lot from him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3894900
One good game against the Saints.

I'm betting on Josh Johnson though.

Old
02-10-2009, 02:08 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

With the way McCown's contract is set up I see him as a starter for one to two years and then the job goes to our future first round pick Josh Freeman who Morris loved at K-State and is expected to go late first/early second this year.

Closed Thread