HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would ranger fans do this trade?

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2009, 11:04 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty30brodeur View Post
What's the goal in hockey? Is it not to win the cup. WIth your current team you have no shot. With the trade, you have guys to built your team around for many years, with affordable contracts and you can get any goalie to fill in. Im done with this topic. Some of you ranger fans understand though so i will give it to some. But the rest have the jeter yankee thing going on. JEters the greatest i won't trade him for anyone. Get REAL GUYS. Ight now im going out.
Thank GOD!

Lets celebrate!

Old
01-16-2009, 11:05 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
But I bet the real bitterness sets in during the morning hours when the reality of their wakeup call sets in and certain people then miserabely realize where they are, where they will wind up and what the future holds in store for them?

Please go away - I understand your pain - but nonetheless go home and watch a nice movie or SC championship rerun which you so highly treasure and deserve

Old
01-16-2009, 11:06 PM
levski87

Quote:
What's the goal in hockey? Is it not to win the cup. WIth your current team you have no shot. With the trade, you have guys to built your team around for many years, with affordable contracts and you can get any goalie to fill in. Im done with this topic. Some of you ranger fans understand though so i will give it to some. But the rest have the jeter yankee thing going on. JEters the greatest i won't trade him for anyone. Get REAL GUYS. Ight now im going out.

Sorry, your team has a much better shot at winning the cup. I forgot.

IGHT, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old
01-16-2009, 11:08 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
They will never be like you my friend, a logical ranger fan.
It's funny that you even call yourself a hockey fan because my little cousin knows more about the sport then you do.

First of all, the trade would NEVER happen. Stop with these idiotic proposals similar to "Ovechkin for Crosby". These types of trades dont happen in, how do I say it, real life. Stop playing NHL 2009.

Second of all, no way are 90% of goalies on par with Henrik. If thats the case, 90% of the goalies are on par with Broduer because I feel like Henrik has plenty good a shot to be just as good as Broduer.

Now follow through with your above post and LEAVE.

Old
01-16-2009, 11:10 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
hlund your missing what i said. Lundqivst is on par with 90% of the goalies in the league. The difference between goalies in this league are so slim. There are sooooo many good ones. Any given night they could be good or bad. Im not saying lundqvist isn't in the top 5 im sayin the top 5 is so close to the top 25 that it doesn't matter. Espcially to do this trade.
Ok I'll play your game.

Ducks- Getzlaf and Perry
Thrashers- Kovalchuk and Little
Bruins- Savard and Kessel
Sabres- Vanek and Pominville
Flames- Iginla and Camalleri
Hurricanes- Staal and Whitney
Blackhawks- Versteeg and Havlat are "almost as good"
Avalanche- Stastny and Hejduk
Blue Jackets- Nash and Filatov
Stars- Richards and Ribiero
Red Wings- Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Hossa
Oilers- Hemsky and Cogliano
Panthers- Horton and Weiss
Kings- Frolov, Kopitar, and Btown
Wild- Gaborik and Koivu
Canadians- Kostityns and Tanguay
Predators- Dumont and Arnott
Devils- Parise and Zajac
Islanders- Okposo and Bailey
Rangers- Zherdev and Naslund
Senators- Alfreddson, Spezza, Heatley
Flyers- Richards, Briere, Carter, Gagne
Coyotes- Jokinin, Mueller
Penguins- Crosby, Malkin
Sharks- Thornton, Marleau
Blues- Boyes, Tkachuk, Berglund
Lightning- Lecavalier, St. Louis
Maple Leafs- Grabovski and Antropov but the Leafs suck
Canucks- Sedinds
Capitals- Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom

See, every team has at least 2 players almost as good as Toews and Kane. Forwards are easy to find...

Old
01-16-2009, 11:21 PM
TheHotRock

guys i love hank (no homo)

but you realize this would mean two franchise forwards and the ability to dump two of our 3 worst contracts, right?

Old
01-16-2009, 11:24 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
guys i love hank (no homo)

but you realize this would mean two franchise forwards and the ability to dump two of our 3 worst contracts, right?
Whether or not we should do the deal is irrelavant. The trade would NEVER happen. And this guy is claiming that 90% of goalies are on par with Henrik.

That claim doesnt even make sense! If thats the case, 90% of the goalies are on par with each other meaning every goalie is exactly the same as every other goalie. And if that's the case, why on earth would Chicago trade for Lundqvist since Huet and Khabibulun are just as good?

Old
01-16-2009, 11:30 PM
NYRSchrute217

Jason LaBabera> Henrik Lundqvist. The sooner you guys learn this, the better off we'll all be. Lundqvist is nothing more than an ECHL goalie.

Old
01-16-2009, 11:30 PM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Whether or not we should do the deal is irrelavant. The trade would NEVER happen. And this guy is claiming that 90% of goalies are on par with Henrik.

That claim doesnt even make sense! If thats the case, 90% of the goalies are on par with each other meaning every goalie is exactly the same as every other goalie. And if that's the case, why on earth would Chicago trade for Lundqvist since Huet and Khabibulun are just as good?

you're missing the point. obviously this deal would never go down. chicago has 11 mil invested in goaltending and has revitalized their franchise through toews and kane.

the OP asked would YOU (you, the ranger fan) make these deal. the OP wants to know exactly how gay each of us is for henrik....that's the point of this thread.

i personally would make the deal. wether or not chicago would has nothing to do with this conversation.

Old
01-16-2009, 11:36 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
you're missing the point. obviously this deal would never go down. chicago has 11 mil invested in goaltending and has revitalized their franchise through toews and kane.

the OP asked would YOU (you, the ranger fan) make these deal. the OP wants to know exactly how gay each of us is for henrik....that's the point of this thread.

i personally would make the deal. wether or not chicago would has nothing to do with this conversation.
In my opinion, if the deal would never go down, there is no reason to discuss it.

But hypothetically if this is the case presented, it is something to think about. On the other hand, the team is playing well right now with what we have, and at some point those two young stars will want just as much money as Gomez and Drury have, if not more.

Old
01-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
1st-Rangers
2nd-Flyers
3rd-Devils
4th-Penguins
5th-Islanders

Yeah.....your team is sooooo much better. Shanny to the Debbies ZOMG1!!!!1! They R Weening de Stahnlee Cup!

Old
01-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Gardebut30

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
As someone said earlier, would you trade a 26 Brodeur for Toews and Kane?
I think it might be a little premature to call Lundqvist an equivalent to Brodeur at 26.

If you presume that, I'll say would you trade a 20 yr. old joe sakic and a 20 yr. old pat lafontaine for marty brodeur?

It's kind of hard to compare these players to greats no?

Old
01-16-2009, 11:52 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
um almost every team in this league has an amaizng goalie some even two. Do you guys not understand how there's not much of a difference in goalies. And your team with lundqvist isn't going anywhere. Look at all these teams with goalies.

Atlantic
islanders- Dipeirtos hurt right now but last yr was an allstar. Even mcdonald wasn't bad

devils. brodeur, even clemmenson has been good and devils win with him. Weekes too

Pitt- MAF. Last yr Conklin was insaine when MAF was injuried.

Flyers- Biron and NITTY. Remember Birons run to make it to the eastern conference finals last yr.

Rangers: Vally is not far away from being as good as Lundqvist. Whenever he gets the chance to play hes better some nights.

Boston: Tim thomas and Manny both are amazing espiclly tim thomas. B's are in first even while platooning both of them.

Buffalo: Ryan Miller.

Toronto: Voskola who kinda sucks but so does toronto.

Ottawa: their goalie sucks also but they made the finals with Emery people.

Montreal: Carey Price another star.

Just look at all these goalies

Niklas Backstorm amazing
Khabby on chicago is great
Mason on coloumbus insaine
Nabokov
Kiprusoff
Vokoun
Cam Ward
Louongo
Craig Anderson is a beast
Giguere amazing
Detriot even osgoods amazing there
Quick on LA
Bryzgalov
Mike Smith is insaine on tampa

Can i go on. I just named over 20 goalies who are pretty much in the same league as henrik. But your getting Kane and Toews who are insainely young and cheap for 2 guys in gomez and drury who are really awful considering their contract. Lundqvist hasn't won anything for you to not make this trade because of him.
why do u have to come on here and say our team is goin no where? Again. To start ****? yes

Old
01-17-2009, 12:04 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardebut30 View Post
I think it might be a little premature to call Lundqvist an equivalent to Brodeur at 26.

If you presume that, I'll say would you trade a 20 yr. old joe sakic and a 20 yr. old pat lafontaine for marty brodeur?

It's kind of hard to compare these players to greats no?
Like u said right there. That's what makes the deal tough. Is this the very best that Ranger fans have seen of Lundqvist? IDK. Usually the cliche is, you win with goal tending out. Just because this Devils fan says Lundqvist is only an average goal tender doesn't mean anything. And even if his list of goal tenders there are equal to Lundqvist, it still doesn't necessarily justify the trade. Who would the Rangers starting goal tender be. An unproven back up?

And just as you say about Lundqvist. It may also be a bit pre mature to tell us how good Kane and Toews will be. Maybe Zherdev and Dubinsky or Korpikoski might be just as good in the future? Lundqvist is a big fan favorite here. It's not that simple to trade a guy who is adored in New York by so many Rangers fans.

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 01-17-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old
01-17-2009, 12:06 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Jason LaBabera> Henrik Lundqvist. The sooner you guys learn this, the better off we'll all be. Lundqvist is nothing more than an ECHL goalie.
oh yes, we all totally agree on that one

Old
01-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Richter35

my question to you OP becomes, what the hell does chicago do with huet? keep him as a 5 million+ backup? As we saw in September, nobody wanted khabibulin for free. Furthermore, althought they may have khabi/havlat coming off the books, drury/gomez more than cover that, and on top you have hank and his 6.875MM hit. for a team already up against the cap (and its expected to drop) I don't even think it would work capwise.

honestly if i had khabibulin already lined up to take a 2 yr deal at $4.5MM/per with the way he's been playing I'd prob make the deal, and then with the available cap (10MM) go out and sign a Bouwmeester or a hossa or a gaborik etc. and have room to spare. I would much rather deal gomez for little to nothing than make a deal like that however. Especially after tonights game you see why Drury/Lundy are so valuable.

Old
01-17-2009, 12:16 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Ok I'll play your game.

Ducks- Getzlaf and Perry
Thrashers- Kovalchuk and Little
Bruins- Savard and Kessel
Sabres- Vanek and Pominville
Flames- Iginla and Camalleri
Hurricanes- Staal and Whitney
Blackhawks- Versteeg and Havlat are "almost as good"
Avalanche- Stastny and Hejduk
Blue Jackets- Nash and Filatov
Stars- Richards and Ribiero
Red Wings- Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Hossa
Oilers- Hemsky and Cogliano
Panthers- Horton and Weiss
Kings- Frolov, Kopitar, and Btown
Wild- Gaborik and Koivu
Canadians- Kostityns and Tanguay
Predators- Dumont and Arnott
Devils- Parise and Zajac
Islanders- Okposo and Bailey
Rangers- Zherdev and Naslund
Senators- Alfreddson, Spezza, Heatley
Flyers- Richards, Briere, Carter, Gagne
Coyotes- Jokinin, Mueller
Penguins- Crosby, Malkin
Sharks- Thornton, Marleau
Blues- Boyes, Tkachuk, Berglund
Lightning- Lecavalier, St. Louis
Maple Leafs- Grabovski and Antropov but the Leafs suck
Canucks- Sedinds
Capitals- Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom

See, every team has at least 2 players almost as good as Toews and Kane. Forwards are easy to find...
You saved me a lot of work and personally instead of the Chicago one. I'm not sure I would do. There are a few obvious. Caps (of course) Pens (of course) Kings guys I like better than Chicago. I really like Getzlaf and Perry because of their size and scoring ability so that deal gets done. Blue Jacket and Flyers deal is looking pretty good there.

Any way u get the point. BTW, this thread sucks. I guess I'm bored.

Old
01-17-2009, 12:19 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
my question to you OP becomes, what the hell does chicago do with huet? keep him as a 5 million+ backup? As we saw in September, nobody wanted khabibulin for free. Furthermore, althought they may have khabi/havlat coming off the books, drury/gomez more than cover that, and on top you have hank and his 6.875MM hit. for a team already up against the cap (and its expected to drop) I don't even think it would work capwise.

honestly if i had khabibulin already lined up to take a 2 yr deal at $4.5MM/per with the way he's been playing I'd prob make the deal, and then with the available cap (10MM) go out and sign a Bouwmeester or a hossa or a gaborik etc. and have room to spare. I would much rather deal gomez for little to nothing than make a deal like that however. Especially after tonights game you see why Drury/Lundy are so valuable.
No we get Huet and they get Del Zotto or Staal. lol. IDK. **** this thread. Lets talk about reality. Devils fans always come on here with **** we wouldn't ever waste our time thinking about.

Old
01-17-2009, 12:26 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Sorry, your team has a much better shot at winning the cup. I forgot.

IGHT, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
U don't understand they keep coming back like sewer rats. We just won an extremely exciting game and they have to come on here and tell us we're not going anyplace and bringing up deals that would make us a Cup winner but they know and so does everyone else that the deal would never happen so then it all boils down to trying to ruin the celebration of a really fun win in which we showed a lot of heart. This leads to jealousy across the hudson and the result is **** like this and Lundqvist is not that great, you can find someone just as good, your team isn't going anywhere, I love busting balls...etc..etc...

Old
01-17-2009, 12:58 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
first of all lundqvist hasn't won anything. And this trade would make your team 20 times better. Cam WArd is a stanly cup mvp so please. Everyone on the devils board would laugh at ranger fans not accepting this trade.
Lundqvist hasn't won anything yet. Well he did win the Gold Medal even though that doesn't effect the Rangers to much. And if the Devils laugh at Ranger fans for not accepting the trade, I along with them, would be extremely hurt.

Old
01-17-2009, 01:53 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Hey guys
I'm gunna ask everyone a question, wait for their answer, then bash them, LOL!

Old
01-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
um almost every team in this league has an amaizng goalie some even two. Do you guys not understand how there's not much of a difference in goalies. And your team with lundqvist isn't going anywhere. Look at all these teams with goalies.

Atlantic
islanders- Dipeirtos hurt right now but last yr was an allstar. Even mcdonald wasn't bad

devils. brodeur, even clemmenson has been good and devils win with him. Weekes too

Pitt- MAF. Last yr Conklin was insaine when MAF was injuried.

Flyers- Biron and NITTY. Remember Birons run to make it to the eastern conference finals last yr.

Rangers: Vally is not far away from being as good as Lundqvist. Whenever he gets the chance to play hes better some nights.

Boston: Tim thomas and Manny both are amazing espiclly tim thomas. B's are in first even while platooning both of them.

Buffalo: Ryan Miller.

Toronto: Voskola who kinda sucks but so does toronto.

Ottawa: their goalie sucks also but they made the finals with Emery people.

Montreal: Carey Price another star.

Just look at all these goalies

Niklas Backstorm amazing
Khabby on chicago is great
Mason on coloumbus insaine
Nabokov
Kiprusoff
Vokoun
Cam Ward
Louongo
Craig Anderson is a beast
Giguere amazing
Detriot even osgoods amazing there
Quick on LA
Bryzgalov
Mike Smith is insaine on tampa

Can i go on. I just named over 20 goalies who are pretty much in the same league as henrik. But your getting Kane and Toews who are insainely young and cheap for 2 guys in gomez and drury who are really awful considering their contract. Lundqvist hasn't won anything for you to not make this trade because of him.
wow are you ********...there is no way that there are 20 goalies in the league like Henrik. Only goaltender to ever be nominated for the vezina 3 times in first three seasons. Is only the 2nd goalie to record 20 wins or more in first four seasons of career. Not to mention hes about to make it 4 years and 30 wins minimum per. He steals games night in and night out. You seriously make me laugh. Dipietro, MIKE SMITH IS INSANE IN TAMPA....whats there record. Craig anderson, weekes. The only thing proven with this post is that you should deregister and save us all a pathetic laugh at your posts. You don't get the nickname THE KING by playing like Kevin ****ing weekes

Old
01-17-2009, 02:01 AM
RichterLundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Hey guys
I'm gunna ask everyone a question, wait for their answer, then bash them, LOL!
Beat me to it.

Just get off our boards instead of trying to pull some reasonable discussion......WHAM TROLLED horse ****.

Oh yea, Lundy is no better than average....lol what a douchenozzle.

Old
01-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

this was a dumb post the hawks are trying to shop goalies as they have two legitamite starters, quit wasting our time

Old
01-17-2009, 02:22 AM
OSUlakers

Quote:
this is a no brainer. But one of my friends whos a ranger fan says no because lundqvist is so "rare"

heres the trade

kane and toews for drury, gomez and lundqvist.

Not only does it clear up a lot of cap space, but you get 2 amazing young talents. I dont understand how my friend won't do this trade.

Would you guys do it.
After wasting my time to read the previous three pages of insanity...

Seriously man, you are so far out, take a couple more years and develop your hockey knowledge before you compare so many goalies to Henrik. And also, admit when you are wrong. I am guessing you are 17-18ish and just got into watching hockey which is very awesome, but don't be suprised when you bring up these clownbag trade proposals, or ideas, or whatever they are. It's better to keep to yourself about stuff like this...this is HFboards, there is no right answer or opinion, but yours is most clearly wrong.

Closed Thread