HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would ranger fans do this trade?

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

vCash: 500
Yeah and Scott Clemensen is not far away from being as good as Brodeur.

And that's the last time I respond to a Devils troll.

Old
01-17-2009, 06:01 PM
In The Flesh

NO. The King IS our franchise player. Hard Pressed to think he WON'T be a career Ranger.

btw: some of you need to chill with the "go away" comments and such. Its a message board, you know...for fun. The guys just bringing in some chat. chillax peeps.

Old
01-17-2009, 06:03 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty30brodeur View Post
thank you for confirming what i thought. You guys woulda said no to the deal even if i included crosby and malkin to it because you guys love lundqvist so much.
Go back to the NJ board with all 3 of the other Devil fans over there. You have zero hockey sense.

Your giving the few knowledgable Devils fans out there a poor image.

Old
01-17-2009, 06:06 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Rangers: Vally is not far away from being as good as Lundqvist. Whenever he gets the chance to play hes better some nights.
yikes.

Old
01-17-2009, 06:06 PM
trademasterb*

Goaltending is the most important position in hockey. When you have one of the top 3 at that position, you pretty much don't trade him for anybody. As great as Gretzky was, he and the Oilers still needed Fuhr to win some of those tough series.

Old
01-17-2009, 06:07 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Can we get Duhnam back if we trade Lundqvist. Thats the only way i'll do this.

Old
01-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 50
I vote lock this waste of a thread because no constructive arguments will come out, just a devils fan trolling and every one else responding.

Would I do it? Maybe. Kane Toews 3rd for Drury Gomez Lundqvist.

Old
01-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Fataldogg

No. That isn't even close to an even trade.

In reality Drury is a 25-goal scorer and a 50 point player with quality defensive player (despite his terrible contract) and Gomez is a 60 point play maker. In addition to that the Rangers would have to give up one of the greatest goalies in the world? I wouldn't even consider the trade unless one of the two Hawks goalies would be going the either way.

There are only a few players in the NHL I'd trade away Lundqvist for and that includes Ovechkin, Malkin, and MAYBE Crosby.

Kane / Toews / Huet / Ladd + 2nd Rounder for Gomez / Drury / Lundqvist [MAYBE]

Lundqvist is not a player a team can trade easily. He's much more important to the Rangers success than Kane or Toews is for the Hawks. Lundqvist >>> Kane / Toews.

Old
01-17-2009, 06:32 PM
BrianLeetch2

Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
wow i read 5 pages of this thread and just laughed this one devil fans points are retarded

Kane and toews are to young and we cant tell how they will develop but for malkin and crosby i would do it....for the talent not the players because i hate crosby...but comparing LUNDY to most of all the other goalies is just plain dumb

Old
01-18-2009, 07:38 PM
marty30brodeur*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Go back to the NJ board with all 3 of the other Devil fans over there. You have zero hockey sense.

Your giving the few knowledgable Devils fans out there a poor image.
wow original comeback dude. Go back to the board with 3 fans? Good one. Obv you have never been there because our GDT are just as long as your's. Good one though. Good luck with your terrible cap situation, drury and gomez and no players to build around. Yeh dubinsky, hes a great one isn't he.

Old
01-18-2009, 07:44 PM
marty30brodeur*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
What's with the invasion from opposing fans on our boards these days? A couple of weeks ago it used to just be us Ranger fans arguing amongst ourselves but now I can't go through 5 or 6 posts without running into a Devils fan or some other teams' trolls.

Anyway, this trade is ridiculous. However, we'd probably be losing games 6-5 instead of winning them 3-2, which I'm sure would make a lot of people happy.
are you serious when you say 6-5. You guys play a system that is defensive minded. You will be winning games 4-1 instead of losing 3-2 with kane and toews because offense is the best defense. And don't say you won;t have a goaliue because you will. Heck look at the devils with weekes and clemmer.

Old
01-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty30brodeur View Post
are you serious when you say 6-5. You guys play a system that is defensive minded. You will be winning games 4-1 instead of losing 3-2 with kane and toews because offense is the best defense. And don't say you won;t have a goaliue because you will. Heck look at the devils with weekes and clemmer.
If you think this team would regularly hold opponents to one goal WITHOUT Lundqvist than you clearly have not watched a Ranger game all year.

Old
01-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Thefalkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
If you think this team would regularly hold opponents to one goal WITHOUT Lundqvist than you clearly have not watched a Ranger game all year.
This. And who has Vally played against this year that you can say is a "threat"? I wouldn't do the original deal because Lundqvist is the only man carrying this team right now. No Lundqvist = a team fighting for the 8th playoff spot at most. And you say to trade for another goalie? What assets do we have to land a goalie after the deal has been made? I would never think about trading Lundqvist unless a top 5 player (in the league) was coming back.

Old
01-18-2009, 08:24 PM
ArtieAnisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockey16 View Post
This. And who has Vally played against this year that you can say is a "threat"? I wouldn't do the original deal because Lundqvist is the only man carrying this team right now. No Lundqvist = a team fighting for the 8th playoff spot at most. And you say to trade for another goalie? What assets do we have to land a goalie after the deal has been made? I would never think about trading Lundqvist unless a top 5 player (in the league) was coming back.
Plus, I've yet to see Lundqvist collapse like Valiquette did against Toronto

Old
01-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue View Post
Plus, I've yet to see Lundqvist collapse like Valiquette did against Toronto
Than you didn't see the Rangers play Montreal last season.

Old
01-19-2009, 12:30 PM
BrianLeetch2

I guess devil fans need to downgrade Lundy as just an above average goalie and feel he is stealing borduer's glory and i think that is ridculous, Marty is the best goalie of all time and ill admit it...i hate the guy and he is a homewrecker who cheats on his wife...but as a goalie he is the best to ever play the game....but to say Hank talent wise is just an above average goalie is just dumb or his "Pads are not legal"...Hank is def top 5 goalie in the league....Hank has a better career save percentage then marty even with the year he is having and among active goalies his career GAA is 4th(2.32).......and like i have said in posts before is that his numbers arent all that great this yea is because he has faced so many quality shots night in night out....so please stop acting like Hank is replaceable

Last edited by BrianLeetch2: 01-19-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old
01-19-2009, 12:41 PM
otto1219

i would do this trade in a heartbeat, there are only so many franchise forwards in the league and we are getting two. Lundqvist is very replaceable. There are always good goalies out there, people have to get rid of this idea that Lundqvist is untouchable, until he wins a big playoffs series, the vezina, or plays consistently the ENTIRE season he is still just above average. New York media has a man crush on him because he is the most identifiable player on the rangers and the fans absolutely adore him. To be honest, i would probably due the trade straight up for kane. He's 19 years old, makes no money, tons of skill and ability, and players of his caliber seem to last longer than goalies. Lundqvist is what 26? how long until he starts declining? early 30s? kane in 5 years would be 24, and be in the beginning of his prime. This is a no brainer, be objective and not subjective here guys.

Old
01-19-2009, 12:49 PM
BrianLeetch2

Kane hasnt proved anything yet either

Old
01-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
i would do this trade in a heartbeat, there are only so many franchise forwards in the league and we are getting two. Lundqvist is very replaceable. There are always good goalies out there, people have to get rid of this idea that Lundqvist is untouchable, until he wins a big playoffs series, the vezina, or plays consistently the ENTIRE season he is still just above average. New York media has a man crush on him because he is the most identifiable player on the rangers and the fans absolutely adore him. To be honest, i would probably due the trade straight up for kane. He's 19 years old, makes no money, tons of skill and ability, and players of his caliber seem to last longer than goalies. Lundqvist is what 26? how long until he starts declining? early 30s? kane in 5 years would be 24, and be in the beginning of his prime. This is a no brainer, be objective and not subjective here guys.
All I can say is ridiculous. This team without Lundqvist is a bottom feeder. In the deal Chicago gets better despite the terrible contracts of Gomez and Drury.

Old
01-19-2009, 01:42 PM
otto1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Black View Post
All I can say is ridiculous. This team without Lundqvist is a bottom feeder. In the deal Chicago gets better despite the terrible contracts of Gomez and Drury.
this teams a bottom feeder because we dont have any scoring, you are getting back two unbelievable offensive talents.

and if chicago gets any better because its because they have depth at forward not because of lundqvist, huet and khalibulin have better stats than lundqvist this year.

Last edited by otto1219: 01-19-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old
01-19-2009, 01:52 PM
otto1219

to add to this argument, unnoticeable goalies with better stats than lundqvist. clemmenson, mike smith, ty conklin, huet, and pekka rinne all have better save percentage and goals against than lundqvist. Now besides conklin on detroit, do any of these teams really have unbelievable defense? Chicago is solid, but tampa, nashville, and the devils? Id say we are either equal or better.

You cant make this argument that he is the reason why our team is where they are. He has stolen a few games for us this year, and he has given away games for us this year. It all evens out.

Old
01-19-2009, 01:56 PM
BrianLeetch2

Quote:
to add to this argument, unnoticeable goalies with better stats than lundqvist. clemmenson, mike smith, ty conklin, huet, and pekka rinne all have better save percentage and goals against than lundqvist. Now besides conklin on detroit, do any of these teams really have unbelievable defense? Chicago is solid, but tampa, nashville, and the devils? Id say we are either equal or better.

You cant make this argument that he is the reason why our team is where they are. He has stolen a few games for us this year, and he has given away games for us this year. It all evens out.
you basing everything on this years preformance only thats the problem

If you take career numbers his is better then every goalie you named above so its not fair just by this year

Old
01-19-2009, 02:01 PM
otto1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post
you basing everything on this years preformance only thats the problem

If you take career numbers his is better then every goalie you named above so its not fair just by this year
what has done any of the years before? been NOMINATED for the vezina. Won 2 playoff series. thats about it. Wins is an overrated stat.

Old
01-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Quote:
what has done any of the years before? been NOMINATED for the vezina. Won 2 playoff series. thats about it. Wins is an overrated stat.
You realize that being NOMINATED for the vezina means that the most knowledgeable hockey minds in this league consider him to be one of the 3 best goalies in the league for THREE YEARS RUNNING?

But yeah, sure, you know better. He's just an average goalie. We'd do just as well with Weekes or Dunham.

Old
01-19-2009, 02:29 PM
otto1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post
You realize that being NOMINATED for the vezina means that the most knowledgeable hockey minds in this league consider him to be one of the 3 best goalies in the league for THREE YEARS RUNNING?

But yeah, sure, you know better. He's just an average goalie. We'd do just as well with Weekes or Dunham.
thanks for the sarcasm, but you are missing the point. You are passing up on two franchise players because you think Lundqvist is the best goalie in the game. Its not true. the same "greatest minds in hockey" select brodeur to win the vezina every year. Lundqvist is our best player on the team hands down. he is one of the best goalies in the NHL hands down. But this is going back to brian leetch territory in that people didnt want to trade him because of our emotional attachment to the person rather than the player. If you are passing up on two players 19,20 respectively, who are hands down top tier NHL players at their positions while unloading 20 million dollars in salary cap, then you are crazy. with that saved cap space you can go out and get whatever goalie you want. Weekes and dunham were never considered good goalies. Dont you find it odd, that we still win games with vally in net? its because we have a pretty good team overall. Hank is a big part of that, but he is by no means unreplaceable. Everyone thought the devils would be DONE without brodeur, who has been unreplaceable for the last 15 years. But they are a better team than the rangers right now.

Lundqvist is my favorite player on the rangers, and has been our best player the last three years. But you have to look at this objectively. By the way, chicago would laugh in your faces if you offered them this trade, regardless of the salary issues. They are that good.

Closed Thread