HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would ranger fans do this trade?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2009, 05:35 PM
  #101
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Yeah and Scott Clemensen is not far away from being as good as Brodeur.

And that's the last time I respond to a Devils troll.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline  
Old
01-17-2009, 06:01 PM
  #102
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
NO. The King IS our franchise player. Hard Pressed to think he WON'T be a career Ranger.

btw: some of you need to chill with the "go away" comments and such. Its a message board, you know...for fun. The guys just bringing in some chat. chillax peeps.

In The Flesh is offline  
Old
01-17-2009, 06:03 PM
  #103
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty30brodeur View Post
thank you for confirming what i thought. You guys woulda said no to the deal even if i included crosby and malkin to it because you guys love lundqvist so much.
Go back to the NJ board with all 3 of the other Devil fans over there. You have zero hockey sense.


Your giving the few knowledgable Devils fans out there a poor image.

NyRangers88 is offline  
Old
01-17-2009, 06:06 PM
  #104
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Rangers: Vally is not far away from being as good as Lundqvist. Whenever he gets the chance to play hes better some nights.
yikes.

In The Flesh is offline  
Old
01-17-2009, 06:06 PM
  #105
trademasterb*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Goaltending is the most important position in hockey. When you have one of the top 3 at that position, you pretty much don't trade him for anybody. As great as Gretzky was, he and the Oilers still needed Fuhr to win some of those tough series.

trademasterb* is offline  
Old
01-17-2009, 06:07 PM
  #106
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,333
vCash: 500
Can we get Duhnam back if we trade Lundqvist. Thats the only way i'll do this.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
01-17-2009, 06:10 PM
  #107
Gardner McKay
Moderator
#4parsley
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 11,311
vCash: 50
I vote lock this waste of a thread because no constructive arguments will come out, just a devils fan trolling and every one else responding.


Would I do it? Maybe. Kane Toews 3rd for Drury Gomez Lundqvist.

Gardner McKay is offline  
Old
01-17-2009, 06:31 PM
  #108
Fataldogg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,065
vCash: 500
No. That isn't even close to an even trade.

In reality Drury is a 25-goal scorer and a 50 point player with quality defensive player (despite his terrible contract) and Gomez is a 60 point play maker. In addition to that the Rangers would have to give up one of the greatest goalies in the world? I wouldn't even consider the trade unless one of the two Hawks goalies would be going the either way.

There are only a few players in the NHL I'd trade away Lundqvist for and that includes Ovechkin, Malkin, and MAYBE Crosby.

Kane / Toews / Huet / Ladd + 2nd Rounder for Gomez / Drury / Lundqvist [MAYBE]

Lundqvist is not a player a team can trade easily. He's much more important to the Rangers success than Kane or Toews is for the Hawks. Lundqvist >>> Kane / Toews.

Fataldogg is offline  
Old
01-17-2009, 06:32 PM
  #109
BrianLeetch2
Registered User
 
BrianLeetch2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toms River NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
wow i read 5 pages of this thread and just laughed this one devil fans points are retarded

Kane and toews are to young and we cant tell how they will develop but for malkin and crosby i would do it....for the talent not the players because i hate crosby...but comparing LUNDY to most of all the other goalies is just plain dumb

BrianLeetch2 is offline  
Old
01-18-2009, 07:38 PM
  #110
marty30brodeur*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Go back to the NJ board with all 3 of the other Devil fans over there. You have zero hockey sense.


Your giving the few knowledgable Devils fans out there a poor image.
wow original comeback dude. Go back to the board with 3 fans? Good one. Obv you have never been there because our GDT are just as long as your's. Good one though. Good luck with your terrible cap situation, drury and gomez and no players to build around. Yeh dubinsky, hes a great one isn't he.

marty30brodeur* is offline  
Old
01-18-2009, 07:44 PM
  #111
marty30brodeur*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
What's with the invasion from opposing fans on our boards these days? A couple of weeks ago it used to just be us Ranger fans arguing amongst ourselves but now I can't go through 5 or 6 posts without running into a Devils fan or some other teams' trolls.

Anyway, this trade is ridiculous. However, we'd probably be losing games 6-5 instead of winning them 3-2, which I'm sure would make a lot of people happy.
are you serious when you say 6-5. You guys play a system that is defensive minded. You will be winning games 4-1 instead of losing 3-2 with kane and toews because offense is the best defense. And don't say you won;t have a goaliue because you will. Heck look at the devils with weekes and clemmer.

marty30brodeur* is offline  
Old
01-18-2009, 08:02 PM
  #112
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty30brodeur View Post
are you serious when you say 6-5. You guys play a system that is defensive minded. You will be winning games 4-1 instead of losing 3-2 with kane and toews because offense is the best defense. And don't say you won;t have a goaliue because you will. Heck look at the devils with weekes and clemmer.
If you think this team would regularly hold opponents to one goal WITHOUT Lundqvist than you clearly have not watched a Ranger game all year.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline  
Old
01-18-2009, 08:13 PM
  #113
Thefalkon
Registered User
 
Thefalkon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
If you think this team would regularly hold opponents to one goal WITHOUT Lundqvist than you clearly have not watched a Ranger game all year.
This. And who has Vally played against this year that you can say is a "threat"? I wouldn't do the original deal because Lundqvist is the only man carrying this team right now. No Lundqvist = a team fighting for the 8th playoff spot at most. And you say to trade for another goalie? What assets do we have to land a goalie after the deal has been made? I would never think about trading Lundqvist unless a top 5 player (in the league) was coming back.

Thefalkon is offline  
Old
01-18-2009, 08:24 PM
  #114
ArtieAnisimov
 
ArtieAnisimov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockey16 View Post
This. And who has Vally played against this year that you can say is a "threat"? I wouldn't do the original deal because Lundqvist is the only man carrying this team right now. No Lundqvist = a team fighting for the 8th playoff spot at most. And you say to trade for another goalie? What assets do we have to land a goalie after the deal has been made? I would never think about trading Lundqvist unless a top 5 player (in the league) was coming back.
Plus, I've yet to see Lundqvist collapse like Valiquette did against Toronto

ArtieAnisimov is offline  
Old
01-18-2009, 08:27 PM
  #115
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue View Post
Plus, I've yet to see Lundqvist collapse like Valiquette did against Toronto
Than you didn't see the Rangers play Montreal last season.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline  
Old
01-19-2009, 12:30 PM
  #116
BrianLeetch2
Registered User
 
BrianLeetch2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toms River NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
I guess devil fans need to downgrade Lundy as just an above average goalie and feel he is stealing borduer's glory and i think that is ridculous, Marty is the best goalie of all time and ill admit it...i hate the guy and he is a homewrecker who cheats on his wife...but as a goalie he is the best to ever play the game....but to say Hank talent wise is just an above average goalie is just dumb or his "Pads are not legal"...Hank is def top 5 goalie in the league....Hank has a better career save percentage then marty even with the year he is having and among active goalies his career GAA is 4th(2.32).......and like i have said in posts before is that his numbers arent all that great this yea is because he has faced so many quality shots night in night out....so please stop acting like Hank is replaceable


Last edited by BrianLeetch2: 01-19-2009 at 12:46 PM.
BrianLeetch2 is offline  
Old
01-19-2009, 12:41 PM
  #117
otto1219
Registered User
 
otto1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
i would do this trade in a heartbeat, there are only so many franchise forwards in the league and we are getting two. Lundqvist is very replaceable. There are always good goalies out there, people have to get rid of this idea that Lundqvist is untouchable, until he wins a big playoffs series, the vezina, or plays consistently the ENTIRE season he is still just above average. New York media has a man crush on him because he is the most identifiable player on the rangers and the fans absolutely adore him. To be honest, i would probably due the trade straight up for kane. He's 19 years old, makes no money, tons of skill and ability, and players of his caliber seem to last longer than goalies. Lundqvist is what 26? how long until he starts declining? early 30s? kane in 5 years would be 24, and be in the beginning of his prime. This is a no brainer, be objective and not subjective here guys.

otto1219 is offline  
Old
01-19-2009, 12:49 PM
  #118
BrianLeetch2
Registered User
 
BrianLeetch2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toms River NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Kane hasnt proved anything yet either

BrianLeetch2 is offline  
Old
01-19-2009, 01:18 PM
  #119
Celestial Black
Registered User
 
Celestial Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
i would do this trade in a heartbeat, there are only so many franchise forwards in the league and we are getting two. Lundqvist is very replaceable. There are always good goalies out there, people have to get rid of this idea that Lundqvist is untouchable, until he wins a big playoffs series, the vezina, or plays consistently the ENTIRE season he is still just above average. New York media has a man crush on him because he is the most identifiable player on the rangers and the fans absolutely adore him. To be honest, i would probably due the trade straight up for kane. He's 19 years old, makes no money, tons of skill and ability, and players of his caliber seem to last longer than goalies. Lundqvist is what 26? how long until he starts declining? early 30s? kane in 5 years would be 24, and be in the beginning of his prime. This is a no brainer, be objective and not subjective here guys.
All I can say is ridiculous. This team without Lundqvist is a bottom feeder. In the deal Chicago gets better despite the terrible contracts of Gomez and Drury.

Celestial Black is offline  
Old
01-19-2009, 01:42 PM
  #120
otto1219
Registered User
 
otto1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Black View Post
All I can say is ridiculous. This team without Lundqvist is a bottom feeder. In the deal Chicago gets better despite the terrible contracts of Gomez and Drury.
this teams a bottom feeder because we dont have any scoring, you are getting back two unbelievable offensive talents.

and if chicago gets any better because its because they have depth at forward not because of lundqvist, huet and khalibulin have better stats than lundqvist this year.


Last edited by otto1219: 01-19-2009 at 01:53 PM.
otto1219 is offline  
Old
01-19-2009, 01:52 PM
  #121
otto1219
Registered User
 
otto1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
to add to this argument, unnoticeable goalies with better stats than lundqvist. clemmenson, mike smith, ty conklin, huet, and pekka rinne all have better save percentage and goals against than lundqvist. Now besides conklin on detroit, do any of these teams really have unbelievable defense? Chicago is solid, but tampa, nashville, and the devils? Id say we are either equal or better.

You cant make this argument that he is the reason why our team is where they are. He has stolen a few games for us this year, and he has given away games for us this year. It all evens out.

otto1219 is offline  
Old
01-19-2009, 01:56 PM
  #122
BrianLeetch2
Registered User
 
BrianLeetch2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toms River NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
to add to this argument, unnoticeable goalies with better stats than lundqvist. clemmenson, mike smith, ty conklin, huet, and pekka rinne all have better save percentage and goals against than lundqvist. Now besides conklin on detroit, do any of these teams really have unbelievable defense? Chicago is solid, but tampa, nashville, and the devils? Id say we are either equal or better.

You cant make this argument that he is the reason why our team is where they are. He has stolen a few games for us this year, and he has given away games for us this year. It all evens out.
you basing everything on this years preformance only thats the problem

If you take career numbers his is better then every goalie you named above so its not fair just by this year

BrianLeetch2 is offline  
Old
01-19-2009, 02:01 PM
  #123
otto1219
Registered User
 
otto1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post
you basing everything on this years preformance only thats the problem

If you take career numbers his is better then every goalie you named above so its not fair just by this year
what has done any of the years before? been NOMINATED for the vezina. Won 2 playoff series. thats about it. Wins is an overrated stat.

otto1219 is offline  
Old
01-19-2009, 02:12 PM
  #124
Shadowrunner
Registered User
 
Shadowrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
what has done any of the years before? been NOMINATED for the vezina. Won 2 playoff series. thats about it. Wins is an overrated stat.
You realize that being NOMINATED for the vezina means that the most knowledgeable hockey minds in this league consider him to be one of the 3 best goalies in the league for THREE YEARS RUNNING?

But yeah, sure, you know better. He's just an average goalie. We'd do just as well with Weekes or Dunham.

Shadowrunner is offline  
Old
01-19-2009, 02:29 PM
  #125
otto1219
Registered User
 
otto1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post
You realize that being NOMINATED for the vezina means that the most knowledgeable hockey minds in this league consider him to be one of the 3 best goalies in the league for THREE YEARS RUNNING?

But yeah, sure, you know better. He's just an average goalie. We'd do just as well with Weekes or Dunham.
thanks for the sarcasm, but you are missing the point. You are passing up on two franchise players because you think Lundqvist is the best goalie in the game. Its not true. the same "greatest minds in hockey" select brodeur to win the vezina every year. Lundqvist is our best player on the team hands down. he is one of the best goalies in the NHL hands down. But this is going back to brian leetch territory in that people didnt want to trade him because of our emotional attachment to the person rather than the player. If you are passing up on two players 19,20 respectively, who are hands down top tier NHL players at their positions while unloading 20 million dollars in salary cap, then you are crazy. with that saved cap space you can go out and get whatever goalie you want. Weekes and dunham were never considered good goalies. Dont you find it odd, that we still win games with vally in net? its because we have a pretty good team overall. Hank is a big part of that, but he is by no means unreplaceable. Everyone thought the devils would be DONE without brodeur, who has been unreplaceable for the last 15 years. But they are a better team than the rangers right now.

Lundqvist is my favorite player on the rangers, and has been our best player the last three years. But you have to look at this objectively. By the way, chicago would laugh in your faces if you offered them this trade, regardless of the salary issues. They are that good.

otto1219 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.