HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pronger?

Old
01-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Dabruins

vCash: 500
I would love to see Boston make a push for Pronger, not sure how realistic it would be but i think with him and Chara out there it would be fun to watch. I hate doing trade proposals so someone put together a package that would work.

Dabruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Claypool
Montreal is garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
To DET: D Chris Pronger (1 more year @ 6.25M)
To ANA: D Niklas Kronwall (3 more years @ 3M) + C Valtteri Filppula (4 more years @ 3M)
I'd drop Kronwall for Stuart and maybe add a prospect or draft pick. Stuart has 3 years left on his deal, too.

But yeah, Pronger is never coming to Detroit.

Claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 10:21 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Let's see

From Montreal I want Markov or Komisarek(he must sign an extension) a good young center and Subban(As much as I think he's overrated he should still be good)

Vancouver I want Hodgson and Edler since i'm trading in conference

Rangers, better start with Dubinsky, no we are not taking Redden either
You are over valuing Pronger bigtime, Markov (30 years old) is a higher value than Pronger at this point in his career and Komisarek (27 years old) is coming into his own. Such a trade is a step backwards not forward.

Vancouver, I would say that is a steep price as well considering Pronger is going to be 35 this fall and a pending UFA afterwards.

The Oilers didn't even get that great of a return for Pronger when he was in his prime (Joffrey Lupul, prospect Ladislav Smid, plus Anaheim's first-round draft choice in 2007, a conditional first-round pick and a second-round draft choice in 2008). Lupul was coming off a good year, Smid is a decent Dman but isn't a Komisarek, Edler or Markov.

If your the GM in Anaheim asking for those packages I guess you'll be stuck with Pronger next year too.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 10:24 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzHockey View Post
To Buffalo:

Pronger

To Anaheim:

Tallinder
Mike Weber
1st round pick in 09'
3rd round pick in 09'
Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Tallinder, Kotalik, 1st in '09, 3rd in '10 for Pronger and Marchant

Sabres then dump Afinogenov on ANY team for a cond '09 pick

Sabres add a bit of salary but get the physical, playoff tested D-man we desperately need

Ducks save $3 million on '09-10
If Pronger's wife forced him to leave Edmonton, you think he'd just happily come to Buffalo?

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 10:28 AM
n00b1AnPr1nc355

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
If Pronger's wife forced him to leave Edmonton, you think he'd just happily come to Buffalo?
lol edmonton was ranked 29th on the players places they want to play. Buffalo was 30.

Buffalo say hello to Mrs. Lauren Pronger

n00b1AnPr1nc355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Maj. Conn Smythe

I can confirm watching the Sportsnet case last night talking about the Anaheim and Pronger situation. The panel were saying that Anaheim is very close to missing the playoffs with so many teams knocking on the door in the West, along with a lot of UFA's to be signed next year.

Right now, the Ducks are in 7th place and with six teams behind Anaheim having a shot at the playoffs, there is a good chance the Ducks could potentially be out of the picture this year. If there is a good chance the Ducks are going to miss the playoffs, then it would make sense for Anaheim to trade Pronger.

Nick Kypreos was saying that Anaheim has quite a few unrestricted free agents next year (posting a list of names on the television), and may need to trade Pronger to clear up cap room for all the UFA and RFA's this offseason.

With the exception of Pronger, almost the entire defensive core for Anaheim will either be UFA or RFA this off season.

Here is a list of all the UFA/RFA the Ducks need to resign.

UFA
Eric Boguniecki
Josh Green
Bret Hedican
Kent Huskins
Brendan Morrison
Todd Marchant
Steve Montador
Rob Niedermayer
Scott Niedermayer
Samuel Pahlsson
Travis Moen
George Parros

RFA
Nathan McIver
Brett Festerling
Ryan Dingle
Brian Salcido
Logan Stephenson
David Leneveu
Chad Painchaud
Michal Birner
Petteri Wirtanen
Troy Bodie

Some of the RFA will be signed to AHL contracts, but the UFA players will all need to be re-signed, which consists a lot of the defensive core. Since Scott Niedermayer will command a decent price still, Pronger could be the odd man out.

1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Talentless Practise*

What nonsense is this about capspace? We need to trade Pronger to create capspace in order to resign a blueline consisting of Nieds, Beauchemin, Montador, Hedican, Huskins, Festerling, McIver, Mikkelsson?

None of those players will get a raise of any significance. Pronger may be the odd man out so that we can have the worst blueline in the history of the league next year? How incredibly stupid can some people be?

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Peter Griffin

I'd love to add Pronger to the Canucks. But if the Ducks are considering moving Pronger, what about Niedermayer?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 10:59 AM
The Pucks

Gillis is prepared to make Hodgson the face of the franchise, I highly doubt he will trade him right now.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 10:59 AM
chef223

If Pronger becomes available the Leafs will be all over that, makes no sense but Burke has a love for Pronger like no other player. I know that a 34 year old Pronger makes no sense on a re-building franchise, but trust me Burke will trade for Chris again.
Kubina or Kaberle would have to be going back to Anaheim and there would have to be added to both sides but Anaheim would be dumping salary and Burke would get back his old players. Odds are good that Francois Beauchimen is a Leaf next year, and if Brian can convince Neidermayer of coming over to Toronto, I can gaurantee BUrke will try.

chef223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1927 View Post

Here is a list of all the UFA/RFA the Ducks need to resign.

UFA
Eric Boguniecki
Josh Green
Bret Hedican
Kent Huskins
Brendan Morrison
Todd Marchant
Steve Montador
Rob Niedermayer
Scott Niedermayer
Samuel Pahlsson
Travis Moen

George Parros

RFA
Nathan McIver
Brett Festerling
Ryan Dingle
Brian Salcido
Logan Stephenson
David Leneveu
Chad Painchaud
Michal Birner
Petteri Wirtanen
Troy Bodie

Some of the RFA will be signed to AHL contracts, but the UFA players will all need to be re-signed, which consists a lot of the defensive core. Since Scott Niedermayer will command a decent price still, Pronger could be the odd man out.
Maybe I don't follow the Ducks enough - but how is it a bad thing that 80% of the guys you list are UFA's? With the exception of Niedermeyer, most of the rest should be retired (Hedican), are way overpaid for their current production (Marchant, Morrison), or are AHL fodder.

The guys I bolded would be signicant losses, but I wouldn't think it would be all that hard to get them re-signed. Please tell me you're not worried about losing Josh Green or David Lenevau?

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:14 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
You keep thinking that.
Time will tell. As was stated, with some of the proposals you're suggesting, Anaheim will be keeping Pronger. A contender won't pay through the nose for Pronger thinking they're going to get him for 1.5 seasons.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:19 AM
GoodKiwi

Pronger (just as Anaheim) is on a decline anyway. Wouldn't want him on my team.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:20 AM
txpd

realistically, if the Ducks are sellers at the deadline, the Caps might really offer up for Hedican-inexpensive or Niedermeyer(Scott)-no so inexpensive. The Caps lack mostly experience on the blue like. Both of those players fit the bill

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Jonas1235

The Ducks are still in the playoff hunt, I can't see them trading him now especially when he isn't a free agent. Maybe at the draft.

Jonas1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:26 AM
TerminatorBlue

Crosby for Pronger, Bobby Ryan and a firstjk

No really though do you think Ottawa would be interested?

TerminatorBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:28 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
Riiight.
Pronger (non-All Star) < Markov (All Star).

Anaheim has no defensemen under contract past this season. So they're going to trade the ONE who is? Seems odd to me. I could certainly see them selling, but it'll be one of the 5 million other guys with expiring contracts.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Maj. Conn Smythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Maybe I don't follow the Ducks enough - but how is it a bad thing that 80% of the guys you list are UFA's? With the exception of Niedermeyer, most of the rest should be retired (Hedican), are way overpaid for their current production (Marchant, Morrison), or are AHL fodder.
The guys I bolded would be signicant losses, but I wouldn't think it would be all that hard to get them re-signed. Please tell me you're not worried about losing Josh Green or David Lenevau?
I am just the messenger. This is what was stated on Sportsnet. If Anaheim misses the playoffs, then Anaheim will need to re-tool the whole roster and start from scratch. That was the point the Sportsnet panel was making, as the team may no longer be fit to dominate the playoffs, and may need room to bolster their roster in the off season.

Some of the names that were listed could be let go at the end of the season, but the team would still need room to add for the future. With Bobby Ryan (RFA) the year after, the Ducks will need to make more salary room to re-sign him.

Teemu Selanne may retire by then, helping alleviate the pressure on the Ryan signing, but this is still unknown. Same with Scott Niedermayer. It would probably be in Anaheim's best interest to trade Scott Niedermayer this year and let Teemu Selanne walk the year thereafter.

The Ducks should keep Pronger, but at 35 years of age when his contract expires, how many more years will Pronger realistically have left in the tank? This is very serious for Anaheim, as their main defense core is starting to get into retirement age, and they may need to re-tool for the future.

1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:37 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Idk about everyone else but I don't want that dirtbag.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
I am just the messenger. This is what was stated on Sportsnet. If Anaheim misses the playoffs, then Anaheim will need to re-tool the whole roster and start from scratch. That was the point the Sportsnet panel was making, as the team may no longer be fit to dominate the playoffs, and may need room to bolster their roster in the off season.

Some of the names that were listed could be let go at the end of the season, but the team would still need room to add for the future. With Bobby Ryan (RFA) the year after, the Ducks will need to make more salary room to re-sign him.

Teemu Selanne may retire by then, helping alleviate the pressure on the Ryan signing, but this is still unknown. Same with Scott Niedermayer. It would probably be in Anaheim's best interest to trade Scott Niedermayer this year and let Teemu Selanne walk the year thereafter.

The Ducks should keep Pronger, but at 35 years of age when his contract expires, how many more years will Pronger realistically have left in the tank? This is very serious for Anaheim, as their main defense core is starting to get into retirement age, and they may need to re-tool for the future.
I agree with you 100% about the potential for re-tooling now instead of waiting too long and not having the assets to accelerate the process.

That issue though is completely different that what they're talking about. Trading Pronger to free up cap space for a bunch of marginal talent is just ludicrous IMO. From that list (with a couple of exceptions), I think it's pretty obvious that the Ducks NEED to overhaul their team, and they're lucky that all the crap listed are UFA's. I just think the reason for moving Pronger is a lack of depth within the organization rather than a salary cap issues.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Flapjack*

Prongers contract lowers his value in a trade.

Theres no way anyone would need to sell the farm, just fit his salary under the cap.
I highly doubt if he gets traded, he would go to a Canadian team, or agree to it if he has a NTC.

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Peter Griffin

If the Ducks are out of the playoff picture at the deadline, which could be a possibility as they have a tough schedule ahead(14 of the next 19 on the road), then I could see them approaching Scott Niedermayer about being traded. I don't think he has a NTC, but I don't think they'd move him unless he wanted to be moved. He's not playing as well as he has even a couple seasons ago, but would still be a great asset for many, many teams. I'd LOVE to see Gillis acquire him.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:54 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Ladies and Gentleman, the Toronto Ducks...er Maple Leafs
Quote:

Eric Boguniecki
Josh Green
Bret Hedican
Kent Huskins
Brendan Morrison
Todd Marchant
Steve Montador
Rob Niedermayer
Scott Niedermayer
Samuel Pahlsson
Travis Moen
George Parros

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:00 PM
rollerhockey038

So if The ducks miss the playoffs then why not just trade Scotty as well as pronger. Can you image the return for both players?

rollerhockey038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:01 PM
jmwc95

Honestly, I doubt anyone is willing to give up what the Ducks would want back, considering he's really their only defenseman undercontract next season. If he won't sign an extension and the Ducks don't look like they are a Cup contender next season, I see him being traded at next year's deadline.

Being a Blues fans, I was always hoping that he would come back to St. Louis after his deal was up, and he could be one of those Chelios type players, that sticks with us until he is 40, but right now, I'm not so sure. He has not had a great season this year.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote