HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

01/17/09 Washington Capitals vs Boston Bruins. Verizon Center. 7:00 PM

Old
01-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Foy

vCash: 500
I have a Clark jersey. I'm holding off on getting a jersey for a while right now.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 08:53 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
reminds of the buffalo fans that year they had a really good team. Lets not be them.
Please look in the mirror. Talk about calling the kettle black.

Where have all the great Caps fans been all these years? Not in the building that's for sure.

Thank the hockey gods! For every year the Cap's stunk (wich was every year) you where able to have the fantastic player's available at the draft to build what you have now, A team (A.O.) that the people of Washington will pay $$ to see.

That's the way it works...You win they will come. All of a sudden Washington is comenting on other fan bases being the hockey mecca it is?

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:22 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
At least Washington is smart enough to hold onto a guy they draft at the 1 spot.

Anyways you missed the point of his comment. Bruin fans are constantly doing the look at me, come on give us praise type crap on HF that the Sabre fans pulled 2 years ago....now look where that got them.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:27 AM
pgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post

Where have all the great Caps fans been all these years? Not in the building that's for sure.

Thank the hockey gods! For every year the Cap's stunk (wich was every year) you where able to have the fantastic player's available at the draft to build what you have now, A team (A.O.) that the people of Washington will pay $$ to see.

That's the way it works...You win they will come. All of a sudden Washington is comenting on other fan bases being the hockey mecca it is?
i don't understand your angst. the conversation was about how, now that our team is doing great, we shouldn't turn into blowhard jackasses like other fanbases have done in the recent past. in light of that, your comment makes no sense. unless of course english is your second language, in which case i apologize and welcome you to the discussion.

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:41 AM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:

While I can understand the great pride you take in the fans of your team almost hitting the 90% capacity mark in attendance (18th best, way to go!) when your team is leading the NHL in points, and I know that it's risky for me to dare to respond to a fan of a team who has won not one, but TWO playoff series in the past 15 years, please allow me to point out that your post makes no sense. You don't seem to have any idea what the post you responded to was actually saying.

Also, I've never understood the logic of fans from large, so-called "loyal" fanbases (which, mind you, Boston most certainly does NOT qualify as) who somehow think that because there are more of them in total, that it gives each individual within that fanbase more credibility to talk crap about other fans. Or, that because a team in a non-traditional market has been hit with a wave of bandwagon fans, that this somehow discredits the people who have always supported the team. Doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Foy

Quote:

My family has had season tickets for almost 20 years. At least when our team is playing well we can sell out the building. If boston is such a great hockey town, how are they below us in attendance, even with a larger building?

Thanks for coming over here, acting like a blowhard, and proving our point for us.

Old
01-19-2009, 09:45 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
HEY 4ORRBRUIN!!!

YOUR POST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!!

(I wanted to go twice )

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:57 AM
frasnap

Way to call out the guy who's been here long enough to have been appointed a moderator.

Genius post.

frasnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Maryland17

I went with the Ovy jersey once he signed the big deal last year. Best investment over the course of the 10+ years for a jersey. I guess I am cheap in that sense.

Maryland17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland17 View Post
I went with the Ovy jersey once he signed the big deal last year. Best investment over the course of the 10+ years for a jersey. I guess I am cheap in that sense.
During the lockout NHL.com had a buy 2 get 1 free jersey sale, and we went ahead and got an Ovechkin jersey. Had to guess the number and guessed 8. I got it autographed his first day of training camp up at Piney as he came off the ice. He thought it was awesome.

Old
01-19-2009, 12:07 PM
txpd

I have a Red game worn David A. Jensen sweater from the early 90's. Its amazing how it looks nearly new after all this time. I suppose an 8 to go with the 9 makes sense, but I have never been one to go for what everyone else goes for.

Alzner sweater might be a quality move. I would love to have a Bourque sweater, but he has to make the team and get a real number first. Though, maybe he keeps 56. He could wear his height then. ..

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Foy

I've got several other jerseys I don't wear that often to games. I've got a Russian Danny Heatley jersey, I've got an old Dale Jersey I wear occasionally. I've got a SDR jersey from rookie camp this past summer. I've got Swooping Eagle jerseys of Morrisonn and Simon, and a Black Capitol jersey of Sutherby. I'd like a red one, but I'm not about to buy one until I can come up with a player I like enough to buy a jersey of.

Old
01-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Whopper88

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
I would love to have a Bourque sweater, but he has to make the team and get a real number first.
You could probably get number 77 for Bourque since Number 7 is retired.

Whopper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:16 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland17 View Post
Living in Boston the past 4 years, I have grown to dislike the bandwagon fans with the Pats, B's, C's and Sox. I now would rather root for the Yankees rather than the Sox.

10-12 years ago the Sox couldn't sell out.

2 years ago with the C's, same thing, you couldnt pay people to see the lowly C's and their 20 game losing streak.

Pats were brutal 10 years ago, and when the didn't make the playoffs this year, everyone was making excuses.

Now that the B's are back supposedly, that is all the buzz, but the fans are arrogant, and since they are from the Northeast, they think they know hockey and like to ***** on any other team. Obviously they have more history and a bigger fan base.

Feels good coming into work knowing the Caps have their number this year.

Looking forward to seeing the B's/Caps game on the 27th, looking forward to lots a trashtalking with the #8 jersey I will be wearing.

Anyone else making that game ?
Let me tell you something. I spent a lot of my childhood in the DC area as a transplant.
I always disliked the Caps more than anybody else, and NEVER thought this would change.

Then I moved to Boston, and can safely say the Bruins top the list.
When I lived in Boston, nobody cared about the Bruins.
I saw more people in the city wearing Yankees clothes, than Bruins clothes.
I would routinely get 10 dollar seats, and move up to the lower bowl.

WEEI never covered hockey.
The Boston Globe called hockey boring.
Boston calls itself a hockey city, but when I tried finding people to go to hockey games with, watch hockey, or the playoffs, they all laughed about it being "hockey."

I get so tired of hearing about how "great" a hockeytown Boston is, because it isn't.
Minnesota is a hockeytown, Boston isn't.

Remember in 2002 when the Caps couldn't sell out the playoffs against the Lightning?
Remember when the Pens invaded DC with fans in the playoffs?

Guess what, the Bruins COULD NOT sell out the arena for the playoffs in 2003.
They had 13K fans for an elimination game.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=230413001
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=230415001

How about when they won the division in 2002 and 2004?
Look at that attendance?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2002

Bruins fan claim it was because of a "cheap" owner and it was their worst "decade" in a long time.
They just are very fairweather, only now when they have a "Pats" like team do they begin to draw, and even now I can tell you hockey BARELY gets mentioned.

Boston cares more not just about the Sox, Pats, and Celts, but about general MLB/NFL playoffs/NBA playoffs/March Madness than the Bruins.
In the spring, try finding somebody to talk NHL playoffs with their.

It is an incredibly overrated hockeytown, and I just can't stand the arrogance that because it "New England" and "cold weather" it automatically gets a free pass on a decade of poor, fair weather fan support.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote