HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4Montreal Canadiens @ 13Ottawa Senators: 7:00 PM - CBC, RDS, NHL-N

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2009, 12:35 PM
  #26
Kruky
Registered User
 
Kruky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
No matter what happens, in the end, MTL wins.

Reason is that with all the injuries MTL has, if we beat you, it means you lose to half a roster made up with AHLers. If you beat us, you beat a team with half a roster of AHLers.

It's a no win scenario when it comes to bragging rights unfortunatly.

Looking forward to a good game. Good luck.


Kruky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:38 PM
  #27
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruky View Post
No matter what happens, in the end, MTL wins.

Reason is that with all the injuries MTL has, if we beat you, it means you lose to half a roster made up with AHLers. If you beat us, you beat a team with half a roster of AHLers.

It's a no win scenario when it comes to bragging rights unfortunatly.

Looking forward to a good game. Good luck.

Good luck in the playoffs - hope you guys don't choke again!

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:47 PM
  #28
Kruky
Registered User
 
Kruky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Good luck in the playoffs - hope you guys don't choke again!

No need for unsults.

If the situation were reversed you'd say the same thing. Thats the reason that was used by a lot of people on this board last year when Alfie and Heatley were out with injuries.

It's just a fact of life.

Kruky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:51 PM
  #29
pepty
Let's win it all
 
pepty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 11,450
vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruky View Post
No need for unsults. .
Unsults can be so annoying.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:51 PM
  #30
Indrew
Registered User
 
Indrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruky View Post
No need for unsults.

If the situation were reversed you'd say the same thing. Thats the reason that was used by a lot of people on this board last year when Alfie and Heatley were out with injuries.

It's just a fact of life.
No need to be a uroll.

Indrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:03 PM
  #31
Jerk Store
Classless
 
Jerk Store's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Aylmer
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,666
vCash: 500
yeah, you uuss!

think about it...

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:46 PM
  #32
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 41,533
vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruky View Post
No matter what happens, in the end, MTL wins.

Reason is that with all the injuries MTL has, if we beat you, it means you lose to half a roster made up with AHLers. If you beat us, you beat a team with half a roster of AHLers.

It's a no win scenario when it comes to bragging rights unfortunatly.

Looking forward to a good game. Good luck.

The Sens have played like an AHL team all year, so what's your point?

I find this goalie matchup interesting. Two 9th round picks from 2003 that made it this far.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:52 PM
  #33
The King of Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,385
vCash: 500
If Elliott isn't back in the room crying by the end of the game, I'm calling this one a moral victory.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 01:56 PM
  #34
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 41,533
vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Clancy View Post
If Elliott isn't back in the room crying by the end of the game, I'm calling this one a moral victory.
Hopefully the team helps him out a bit.

Can't catch this one tonight with work, but hope the team does well and doesn't get embarrassed on home ice.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 02:09 PM
  #35
DaveMatthew
Registered User
 
DaveMatthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 6,672
vCash: 500
Without Volchenkov it'll be tough to match up against Lecavalier.

DaveMatthew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 02:10 PM
  #36
SenatorsLegionary
Member of Sens Army
 
SenatorsLegionary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruky View Post
No matter what happens, in the end, MTL wins.

Reason is that with all the injuries MTL has, if we beat you, it means you lose to half a roster made up with AHLers. If you beat us, you beat a team with half a roster of AHLers.

It's a no win scenario when it comes to bragging rights unfortunatly.

Looking forward to a good game. Good luck.


If we beat you, it means you lose to a goalie playing in his fifth NHL game and a team playing like a bunch of AHLers. If you beat us, you only beat a team playing like a bunch of AHLers with a goalie in his fifth NHL game so it means nothing.

I can do that too.

SenatorsLegionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 02:35 PM
  #37
L'Aveuglette
Beef-mode activated
 
L'Aveuglette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,207
vCash: 1000
Ruutu's back tonight isn't he?

If so, I really hope he's "hungry" for victory and "chews up" the ice.

Zing!

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 02:40 PM
  #38
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 16,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlatts View Post
I don't see it on NHL center ice anywhere tonight.....What channel might it be on here in the US? What is NHL-N? Anyone?

thanks
Its on NHL network, HNIC Feed.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 02:51 PM
  #39
Nager
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tank Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruky View Post
No matter what happens, in the end, MTL wins.

Reason is that with all the injuries MTL has, if we beat you, it means you lose to half a roster made up with AHLers. If you beat us, you beat a team with half a roster of AHLers.

It's a no win scenario when it comes to bragging rights unfortunatly.

Looking forward to a good game. Good luck.

Ottawa is filled with AHLers too... your logic fails if its a no win scenario for us, it's a no win scenario for you guys too.

Nager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 02:56 PM
  #40
Ouroboros
Registered User
 
Ouroboros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,497
vCash: 1076
Ule, Ule, Ule, Ule, - ULE!!! ULE!!!

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 03:41 PM
  #41
Disclose
Registered User
 
Disclose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,438
vCash: 1513
were gonna get smoked on national tv... heh
Lets go elliot

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 03:43 PM
  #42
AlfieAllDay
Registered User
 
AlfieAllDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,350
vCash: 500
what are the lines?

AlfieAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 03:44 PM
  #43
EstoSens
Registered User
 
EstoSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 192
vCash: 500
It'll be interesting to see which team will jump out of the gate and show a sense of urgency.

Will Montréal overlook Ottawa and take them lightly?
Will Ottawa start slacking now that some wins have come, or will they keep the effort they've been showing in those wins?

I hope Heatley wakes up too.

EstoSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 03:56 PM
  #44
PatrickEaves
We Lost
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
Without Volchenkov it'll be tough to match up against Lecavalier.



PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 04:00 PM
  #45
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
were gonna get smoked on national tv... heh
Lets go elliot
if were = Habs then ya

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 04:00 PM
  #46
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor
 
nanuuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Estonia
Posts: 4,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruky View Post
No matter what happens, in the end, MTL wins.

Reason is that with all the injuries MTL has, if we beat you, it means you lose to half a roster made up with AHLers. If you beat us, you beat a team with half a roster of AHLers.

It's a no win scenario when it comes to bragging rights unfortunatly.

Looking forward to a good game. Good luck.

UK U

__________________
Hrundi Bakshi (Peter Sellers) in the movie The PartyWisdom is the province of the aged, BUT the heart of a child is pure!!
nanuuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 04:40 PM
  #47
The Chef*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,809
vCash: 500
if ottawa wins i get 1000000 text messages saying 'ottawa got lucky'.

if montreal wins i get 100000 text messages saying 'ottawa sucks' and 'montreal is just too good' and 'trade spezza already' and blah blah blah a bunch of other stupid things.

The Chef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 04:46 PM
  #48
Taser19
Registered User
 
Taser19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kobak city
Country: Canada
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb91 View Post
I live in a house with two not so humble Montreal fans so I would love a Sens victory tonight.
You mean the average Montreal fans... Good luck guys! 4-2 Sens.

Taser19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 05:05 PM
  #49
Spectaculard
Trout107HR326RBI399R
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,300
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser19 View Post
You mean the average Montreal fans... Good luck guys! 4-2 Sens.
You don't know me.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 05:10 PM
  #50
Kamina
Amok
 
Kamina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,221
vCash: 50
The Sportsnet analysts are so garbage.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.