HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dubielewicz Clamed By Columbus

Old
01-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Snipeshow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye19 View Post

This is an awesomely hilarious move. I doubt we get Weight or Comrie :p Way to go Howson.
We'll still trade you Antropov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ho...slanders/blog/

When Garth Snow called dubie to tell him about columbus he taught he was joking with him.
I bet he did, lol.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PKC*

The Ottawa Senators are a team of conflict resolution.

We offer the New York Islanders Martin Gerber free of charge to be your starter for the rest of the year.

It's a win-win for everyone. The New York Islanders get a starter who's contract expires at year's end, the Ottawa Senators get his money off the books, and Gerber gets a chance to potentially earn another contract next year with someone.

PKC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
macleod50

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
Howson: "I need a backup Garth"

Garth: "Just claim Dubi"

Howson: "Umm I figured that would make you mad."

Garth: "No not at all. We'll lose some more games and it won't be my fault. I want to tank it bad."

Howson: "Yea, you do need to tank."

Garth: "Just do it, we're cool."
Another Islanders tanking joke? How original.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
It's different because of how it screws over the Islanders. Normally, a player going through waivers is a guy the team doesn't really care about. This time, it was a guy the Islanders hoped would start for them but had to clear because he played in Europe, and basically puts them back at square one with AHL goalies.

No one really cares that the player was claimed, it's all about the predicament the Islanders thought they were getting out of, but, alas, aren't.
Did you ever think for two seconds that maybe the jackets tried to sign Dubi first, but the NYI had pulled a fast one on them?

You just don't know do you?

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Palinka

When I think of all the teams that Columbus can really intentionally put the screws to, it's the freakin' Islanders.

Do you people listen to yourselves when you talk?

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Section311

Could you image what these thread would look like if it was the rangers that claimed him

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:32 PM
PKC*

Quote:
Could you image what these thread would look like if it was the rangers that claimed him
Even more so hilarious.

PKC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Actually it's not.

Players playing in the AHL have to pass through waivers to come to the NHL, so should players playing in Europe. If they didn't teams would just send all their players over to Europe to play so they didn't have to go through waivers when called back up.
The part I don't like about the rule is that Dubielewicz had been bought out by his KHL team. Therefore, he should be a free agent across the board, just like if somebody releases an NHLer right now.

I get the part that when the season starts and you're overseas and you belong to a team, you should be subject to waivers. But when you've been bought out by your team in Europe, I think you should be allowed to choose your team.

So I guess this means Jagr won't clear waivers, either huh?

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
The Pens did it with Steve Webb in 03-04 as well. Signed by the Flyers, claimed by the Pens, sent down by the Pens, claimed by the Isles.
Wasn't he an Islander before that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Oh my....

I'm sorry but I just can't help but laugh. If Peter Mannino is forced to see the ice at any time...
He will not only see ice time but right now he is their 1A costarter!

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Hockify

Quote:
They already have a (better) former Islanders goalie as their back-up.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:35 PM
jntn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen16 View Post
Can someone explain to me how this is any different than any other player going through waivers? Seriously, quit the whining. The player went through waivers. A team chose to claim him. Move on.
Because it is a goalie? A team needs a healthy goaltender and this was one who was just signed (expected to start tonight) on emergency basis since both DiPietro and MacDondald are injured. I think the situation and circumstances are different than players like Steve Webb getting signed end claimed.

jntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Seriously, I feel bad for Dubie. I mean he would've gone to the Isles and got solid playing time as their #1 (likely for the rest of the season with RD's history) but instead he gets claimed by a team that has solid goaltending. Either they trade Leclaire and he gets to sit on the bench or he's in the minors. I just feel bad for the guy, he was gonna get another shot in the NHL and the BJs rip that away from him (barring no bizarre turn of events)!

Highbrow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Did you ever think for two seconds that maybe the jackets tried to sign Dubi first, but the NYI had pulled a fast one on them?

Pulled a fast one how? By being located in a place where Dubielewicz has roots and where his family is? Those sneaky ********!

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Hugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnkd View Post
Seriously, I feel bad for Dubie. I mean he would've gone to the Isles and got solid playing time as their #1 (likely for the rest of the season with RD's history) but instead he gets claimed by a team that has solid goaltending. Either they trade Leclaire and he gets to sit on the bench or he's in the minors. I just feel bad for the guy, he was gonna get another shot in the NHL and the BJs rip that away from him (barring no bizarre turn of events)!
He'll never be in the minors. He'll be the CBJ backup and then if Leclaire happens to be able to come back, we'll waive him and the Islanders will claim him.

Hugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Good thing I didn't drop MacDonald for Dubie on my fantasy team.
You must be in the deepest fantasy league ever.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
It's different because of how it screws over the Islanders. Normally, a player going through waivers is a guy the team doesn't really care about. This time, it was a guy the Islanders hoped would start for them but had to clear because he played in Europe, and basically puts them back at square one with AHL goalies.

No one really cares that the player was claimed, it's all about the predicament the Islanders thought they were getting out of, but, alas, aren't.
Jackets aren't trying to screw over the Islanders, they are trying to earn a spot in the playoffs. It isn't personal, it is business. It sucks that the NYI's are in the state that they are in, but if they are down to Macdonald and some 4th string guy, perhaps they should have been proactive beforehand. Heck, Noreena was on waivers not long ago.

NYI fans need to spare everyone with the whining and the 'woe is me' garbage. If the shoe was on the other foot, they would have done the exact same thing, and if they didn't for the sake of 'not screwing another team over' then they don't have their franchise's best interest at the forefront.

Old
01-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Oh my....

I'm sorry but I just can't help but laugh. If Peter Mannino is forced to see the ice at any time...
His 10 minutes or so of hell in net in Boston the day after Thanksgiving will be forever etched in NYI infamy.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Not until he has to decide whether to add David Oliver or Todd Harvey.

Ahh, that takes me back a few years...

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

We'll take the 1st round pick for Sanford.

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post

How does that change the fact that it still screws over the Islanders? Whether they deserved it or not (and quite frankly, considering the history between Dubi and the Isles, and his reaction to being picked, I don't think the Blue Jackets were trying to sign him and NYI just "beat" them to it), it still forces the Islanders to not have an NHL-goalie on the roster. And that is quite note-worthy, and makes it "different", and worthy of discussion.

If Sanford had been picked up by any other team, no one would care, because no one is going to be like "OMG Manitoba is screwed...", but the end result here is that a goaltending situation the Islanders thought they had resolved, is all of a sudden still unresolved. And that is indeed worthy of discussion.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Big#D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
I think it's a pretty dumb rule. It should be taken out of the next CBA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG26 View Post
It's no different then any players not on an entry level contract in the AHL. If you play in a different professional league you need to pass through waivers before returning to the NHL. If you take it out for international leagues you also need too for the AHL which would then eliminate waivers entirely and would cost a lot of players money which the NHLPA would never want.
Except in the case of an injury, I think teams are usually exempt from the waiver rule when calling up players who would otherwise be subject to waivers. Or is that just re-entry waivers.

New Jersey brought up Clemmensen this year when Brodeur was injured without having him to have to clear waivers.

Big#D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:41 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnkd View Post
Yeah, that would suck to go from a starting job on a team going to finish last to a team that has a load of energy and might see their first ever playoff birth. He would get to be a part of that.

Initially he likely IS shocked, but if he is a pro, he will get over it.

Old
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugg View Post
He'll never be in the minors. He'll be the CBJ backup and then if Leclaire happens to be able to come back, we'll waive him and the Islanders will claim him.
Seriously? I can't tell if you're exaggerating slightly... but has Leclaire's stock dropped that much that you're willing to waive him?! I still think he has starter potential... a lot more than some of the other often-injured ex-top prospects goalies that are on and off the IR.

Highbrow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I got Mac in 3 pools where there is a min games played requirement

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 12:42 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
This Columbus team....I tell ya....They're going to be good. Wade as a backup and Leclaire going in a trade possibly for some MORE offense? I'm scared.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote