HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

09 mock draft

Old
01-17-2009, 02:57 PM
GobudsGo66*

vCash: 500
09 mock draft

1.NYI-John Tavares-C-New York needs a legitiment superstar and after watching the wjc i think Tavares will be the first overall pick.

2.ATL-Victor Hedman-D-Bpa here as hedman and tavares are a lock for 1-2 overall.

3.OTT-Matt Duchene-C-Duchene is a sniper with great speed and will give Ottawa's offense a boost and much needed secondary scoring.

4.STL-Evander Kane-C-Kane is a great competitor and has a knack for the net. Will give much needed help up front.

5.TB-Jared Cowen-D-Seems that the loss of boyle hurt the lightning more then they thought it would and Cowen could help shore up the back end with great deffensive awareness and offensive potential.

6.TOR-Jordan Schroeder-RW-Great playmaking ability and great vision with a great shot will help the leafs find there potential superstar upfront.

7.LAK-Magnus Svennsson Paajarvi-LW-High end speed for someone of his size is rare and very appealing, the kings have 4 blue chip prospects in hickey, doughty, jj and teubert so best forward available here.

8.NSH-Brayden Schenn-C-Great heart and plays a physical style of game with great leadership.

9.DAL-Simor Despres-D-Good 2-way d-man which is exactly what dallas is looking for.

10.COL-Jeremy Morin-C-One of the purest goal scorers in the draft this year behind Tavares.

11.CBS-Nazem Kadri-C-Great hands and a good penalty killer.

12.CAR-Ryan Ellis-D-Looking like the next great puckmoving d-man although his game in the defensive zone scares me.

13.EDM-Scott Glennie-LW-Good speed and hands and getting bigger will go a long ways for him.

14.FLA-David Rundlbad-D-Rundlbad will fill the void for bouwmeeseter when he leaves for free agency.

15.MIN-Peter Holland-C-It wouldnt hurt the wild to get a little more scoring.

16.PIT-Stefan Elliot-D-The absence of gonchar has shown how much a puck moving d-man can help a team in the transition game.

17.ANA-Dmitity Kulikov-D-Pronger is getting up in age as is Nidermayer and with Beauchemin having injury problems i think they go defence here.

18.VAN-Zack Kassian-RW-A big power forward that can score hit and fight.

19.PHX-John Moore-D-Coyotes have alot of blue chip forward prospects and not many defence prospects.

20.BUF-Carter Ashton-RW-Potential power forward in ashton to go along with buffalos smaller skilled forwards.

21.NJ-Tim Erixon-D

22.CHI-Olivier Roy-G

23.PHI-Ryan O'reilly-C

24.NYR-Landon Ferraro-C

25.MON-Anton Lander-C

26.CGY-Taylor Doherty-D

27.WSH-Ethan Werek-C

28.DET-Jimmy Bubnick-C

29.OTT-Calvin De haan-D

30.BOS-Drew Shore-RW

If you disagree on any picks let me know.

Last edited by GobudsGo66*: 01-17-2009 at 08:17 PM.
GobudsGo66* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 07:41 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by GobudsGo66 View Post
1.NYI-John Tavares-C-New York needs a legitiment superstar and after watching the wjc i think Tavares will be the first overall pick.

2.ATL-Victor Hedman-D-Bpa here as hedman and tavares are a lock for 1-2 overall.

3.OTT-Matt Duchene-C-Duchene is a sniper with great speed and will give Ottawa's offense a boost and much needed secondary scoring.

4.STL-Evander Kane-C-Kane is a great competitor and has a knack for the net. Will give much needed help up front.

5.TB-Jared Cowen-D-Seems that the loss of boyle hurt the lightning more then they thought it would and Cowen could help shore up the back end with great deffensive awareness and offensive potential.

6.TOR-Jordan Schroeder-RW-Great playmaking ability and great vision with a great shot will help the leafs find there potential superstar upfront.

7.LAK-Magnus Svennsson Paajarvi-LW-High end speed for someone of his size is rare and very appealing, the kings have 4 blue chip prospects in hickey, doughty, jj and teubert so best forward available here.

8.NSH-Brayden Schenn-C-Great heart and plays a physical style of game with great leadership.

9.DAL-Simor Despres-D-Good 2-way d-man which is exactly what dallas is looking for.

10.COL-Jeremy Morin-C-One of the purest goal scorers in the draft this year behind Tavares.

12.CAR-Ryan Ellis-D-Looking like the next great puckmoving d-man although his game in the defensive zone scares me.

13.EDM-Scott Glennie-LW-Good speed and hands and getting bigger will go a long ways for him.

14.FLA-David Rundlbad-D-Rundlbad will fill the void for bouwmeeseter when he leaves for free agency.

16.PIT-Stefan Elliot-D-The absence of gonchar has shown how much a puck moving d-man can help a team in the transition game.

17.ANA-Dmitity Kulikov-D-Pronger is getting up in age as is Nidermayer and with Beauchemin having injury problems i think they go defence here.

19.PHX-John Moore-D-Coyotes have alot of blue chip forward prospects and not many defence prospects.

20.BUF-Carter Ashton-RW-Potential power forward in ashton to go along with buffalos smaller skilled forwards.

21.NJ-Tim Erixon-D

22.CHI-Olivier Roy-G

23.PHI-Ryan O'reilly-C

24.NYR-Landon Ferraro-C

25.MON-Anton Lander-C

26.CGY-Taylor Doherty-D

27.Washington-Ethan Werek-C

28.Detroit-Jimmy Bubnick-C

29.San Jose-Drew Shore-RW

30.Boston-Tomas Vincour-RW

Just thought I'd let you know that pick belongs to Ottawa from the Meszaros trade.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:

21.NJ-Tim Erixon-D

22.CHI-Olivier Roy-G

23.PHI-Ryan O'reilly-C

24.NYR-Landon Ferraro-C

25.MON-Anton Lander-C

26.CGY-Taylor Doherty-D

Love the Oilers pick. I said it on the Oilers board this guy is the next Getzlaf. Could be better than Getz. Great hitter,fighter,scorer,defensive player, and an all around player, plays PP anD PK. He would be a great pick for us.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 07:58 PM
hockeyfan666666

Quote:

21.NJ-Tim Erixon-D

22.CHI-Olivier Roy-G

23.PHI-Ryan O'reilly-C

24.NYR-Landon Ferraro-C

25.MON-Anton Lander-C

26.CGY-Taylor Doherty-D

I doubt that Cowen would fall that far.

hockeyfan666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 08:15 PM
GobudsGo66*

i completely forgot about that trade. and with ottawa having that pick i think they would take calvin de haan with #29

Old
01-17-2009, 10:44 PM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

Good work! Using your draft order I think the top 10 would look like:

1. NYI - Tavares
2. Ott - Hedman (Ottawa switches spots with Tampa Bay at the expense of their 29th pick in this draft.)
3. Atl - Duchene
4. StL - Svennsson Paajarvi
5. TB - Schroeder
6. Tor - Schenn
7. LA - Kane
8. Nsh - Kadri
9. Dal - Cowen
10. Col - Glennie (but Morin looks good here too)

mazmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 11:40 AM
GobudsGo66*

personally i dont think cowen gets by the leafs.

Old
01-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Mr Lahey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmin View Post

1. NYI - Tavares
2. Ott - Hedman (Ottawa switches spots with Tampa Bay at the expense of their 29th pick in this draft.)
3. Atl - Duchene
5. TB - Schroeder
6. Tor - Schenn
7. LA - Kane
8. Nsh - Kadri
9. Dal - Cowen
No one is moving one of those top 2 picks.

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 05:09 PM
ginosniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmin View Post

1. NYI - Tavares
3. Atl - Duchene
5. TB - Schroeder
6. Tor - Schenn
7. LA - Kane
8. Nsh - Kadri
9. Dal - Cowen
Tampa wouldn't deal the #2 pick and Cowen would fall past the top 5 in my opinion.

ginosniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 07:56 PM
smokes lets go

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan666666 View Post
its very possible, he is ranked at #7 on the newest CSS list, but he is no longer the surefire #3, as duchene is looking more and more like he may be the solid #3

smokes lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 08:20 PM
GobudsGo66*

i would love to see the leafs get one of cowen duchene or schroeder as i think they ll fall soon enough in the standings

Old
01-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Obama

MSP and Cowen should be higher

Obama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 11:38 AM
markuswelby

If is there the habs i hope they gonna take Louis Leblanc

markuswelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
2 spots from his initial ranking? That's not a fall.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 11:48 PM
No Quarter

Can't see the Pens passing on Kassian if he's there.

No Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:07 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuswelby View Post
If is there the habs i hope they gonna take Louis Leblanc
no kidding i cant believe the op didnt had him in his top30

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:39 PM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Cowen will actually fall further. His stock is way down and I've been reading that he might end up falling into the 8-10 range.

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:36 PM
bang bang

Wheres Jacob Josefsson?

bang bang is offline   Reply With Quote