HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Coyotes @ Flames, Game 44

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonite?
Michael Cammalleri 9 60.00%
Matthew Lombardi 3 20.00%
Jarome Iginla 1 6.67%
Dion Phaneuf 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Coyotes @ Flames, Game 44

Fire away!!!

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:37 PM
BearChi

i went with lombardi
he played great. flames played bad in the first which really hurt them

BearChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Can't win 'em all. I actually did expect a loss here though so I am not all suprised. Unfortunately Kipper had his worst game in about 15 games tonight so that cost us. I really didn't think the Flames played too bad they played pretty good but didn't get too many bounces, unlike Phoenix.

Oh well, tommorow I think the Flames will come out hard.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:39 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 656
Kipper needs a rest.

Boring game overall, imo.

I guess the visors don't protect your chin.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

Third Period
The final frame was the one the Flames actually showed up for. They came out strong. They hit, they skated hard and they crashed the net. The Flames also were relentless on the come back trail. No matter how many times they fell back by two goals, they never game up. If not for Miikka totally crapping the bed on the fourth goal, this period would have been completely a Flames period.
The penalty kill was up to it’s usual tricks, dumping pucks out and denying the opposition the chance to make it happen. Regehr in particular. He was blocking shots and making really smart plays with his stick. As a matter of fact everyone was really good getting tinto the passing and shooting lanes and making life miserable for the PP unit of the Coyotes. There was no power play for the Flames in the final twenty, though I felt that bit of cross checking behind the net in the last two minutes should have been called.
Everyone was way better this period, with Iggy really leading the way. He was skating hard and making evey thing happen. Heck he seemed to be on the ice non-stop with Cammalleri in the third. And Cammalleri was also amazing. Phanuef also was really good. He was taking all sorts of shots and a much higher accuracy was great to see.

Overall Impressions
Yet again, a case of too little too late. I’ve said before you cannot expect to win a game if you only show up for twenty minutes. The Flames weren’t really bad, but they were NOT in the game until the third. This is in no way a panic button type game though. Yes they lost to a team they “should” have beaten, but they didn’t completely fall apart either. It was just a bad game, where the Flames not only played sub-par for them, but also had a few bounces go against them.

Three Stars By Me
1. Peter Mueller
2. Micheal Cammalleri
3. David Hale

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2009, 11:48 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Sigh....Not much you can do about this game, you cant win them all. That Jokinen goal was a real backbreaker. It was real refreshing to see the top line step up and really carry this team. Also was anyone else impressed with the way Boyd played tonight. Definately one of our better forwards.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Northern Neighbour

Yeah, the slow start hurt the team in the end. They were utterly flat and not even Iginla's fight could help them. The team has played a bit with fire lately. While they've been winning, they haven't had too many full 60-minute efforts. Tonight, it seemed like they thought they could just flick the switch and win the game. They almost did, but hopefully this was a learning experience.

Other than the top line, the Flames didn't get a whole lot from the other lines. Langkow was off his game. I think we saw tonight the impact Bertuzzi has on the team and Langkow. While the team has excellent depth, there aren't a lot of playmakers on the team. Hopefully Bertuzzi can return soon.

Kiprusoff had a subpar game. I agree that tonight would have been a good opportunity to give him a rest and play tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see what Keenan does.

Good thing the team has a quick turn around. There won't be any time to lull about this game, and the team can go right back on the ice and make amends.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 12:18 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
A bit dissapointing, but can't win them all. Like I figured they started out flat and didn't really get their legs going till halfway through the game. Not a lot of bounces for the flames either, while it seemed like the Coyotes were getting them all. Not a terrible game, but just to many uncharacteristic mistakes that we haven't seen from this team the last two months. Way to many turnovers at our own blueline and Kipper wasn't as sharp as he has been. Time to get back on the horse tomorrow night though and get back in the win column against the Avs.

Wouldn't mind seeing McElhinney, but I doubt Keenan will go with him. I expect to see Kipper starting tomorrow night.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Abonics

Cammaleri for MVP in a sloppy game. A highlight would have to be Jim Hughson with the understatement of the century after Hale's goal: "A guy not known for his goal scoring".

Abonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 01:49 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Also have to mention I thought Lombardi had a really good game. Finally turning the corner and becoming that top 6 guy? To early to tell I think, but I've really liked his game lately.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 04:38 AM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 50
I'm becoming a real big fan of Adam Pardy...I really like the way he plays hockey. He freaking hits hard. I think Pardy is going to become a hybrid between Reggie and Sarich. I want to get another Flames jersey with Pardy's name but i'm not sure if 55 will be his real number in the future.

The Gaud Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 10:13 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Sucks to lose this one, but the good news is that the Flames play again tonight and have a chance to redeem themselves. Kiprusoff had a bad night and the team played some pretty uninspired hockey in the first two periods. Gotta wonder who starts tonightagasinst the Avalanche...

MVP to Cammalleri.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote