HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hypothetical 2 Trade Re-Build!!! What do you think?

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Mr Underhill

vCash: 500
Hypothetical 2 Trade Re-Build!!! What do you think?

This is imaginary and just for fun but what do you think?

To Montreal:
Vinny Lecavalier

To Tampa:
A. Kostitsyn, S. Kostitsyn, Plekanec, 1st 2009

To Pittsburgh:
Marty St. Louis

To Tampa:
Ryan Whitney, 1st 2009

2009-2010 Tampa Bay Lightning Lineup:

S. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn
Prospal - Stamkos - Malone
Szczechura - Halpern - Artyukhin
Downie - Craig - Hall

Meszaros - Whitney
Ranger - Eminger
XXXXX - XXXXX

Smith
Ramo

And we would have 3 1st round picks this year.

What do you guys think?

Old
01-18-2009, 11:27 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post

To Montreal:
Vinny Lecavalier

To Tampa:

To Pittsburgh:
Marty St. Louis

To Tampa:
Ryan Whitney, 1st 2009

Downie - Craig - Hall

Meszaros - Whitney
Ranger - Eminger
XXXXX - XXXXX

Smith
Ramo

What do you guys think?

I think we've had enough speculation and Habs fans here this week to last us until next season. That is honestly what I think.

Old
01-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Mr Underhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimismRestrainer View Post

I think we've had enough speculation and Habs fans here this week to last us until next season. That is honestly what I think.
I think you're a little too sensitive.

Old
01-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Please no more threads like these. There are enough Lecavalier threads to ignore.

Old
01-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Mr Underhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Please no more threads like these. There are enough Lecavalier threads to ignore.
Jesus...you guys are rediculous. I said it was hypothetical. Just something to talk about. I dont see anyone else starting threads about anything.

Old
01-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
I don't think it's ridiculous to be against trading our two best players. Call me crazy but the Lightning are a hockey team not a fantasy team. Trading both would be the end of the franchise. Though it would have made Rick Dudley happy because those are the types of trades he would enjoy.

Old
01-18-2009, 02:00 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Jesus...you guys are rediculous. I said it was hypothetical. Just something to talk about. I dont see anyone else starting threads about anything.
That trade happens then this team becomes the Las Vegas Lightning

Old
01-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Tackleberry

Quote:

To Montreal:
Vinny Lecavalier

To Tampa:

To Pittsburgh:
Marty St. Louis

To Tampa:
Ryan Whitney, 1st 2009

Downie - Craig - Hall

Meszaros - Whitney
Ranger - Eminger
XXXXX - XXXXX

Smith
Ramo

What do you guys think?
This has been beat to death over the past week. Vinny is the face, cornerstone, soul, hope, etc.... of the franchise. Why did your offer not include a d-men like Markov or Kommi or Gorges? I have heard from many a Habs fans that Markov is the Montreal franchise. Vinny is Tampa's. If Vinny gets traded, the current owners will be faced with massive fan loss. No player in the NHL would ever WANT to come to TB because the owners have said Vinny will be here till he retires. This latest rumor of Vinny being traded has shown distrust of players towards the GM.

If you would want a future hall of famer a trade with 2 or more blue liners would be needed. I will say that Plecky and the K-boys are real good players.

Cant see trading MSL for Whitney. Even with the 1st round pick, Pitts would come out on top. Whitney is a bit younger, but MSL has much better stats. I could see Goligoski with Letang and/or 1st rd pick.

They are not bad trades if you are looking at offense. The problem with all the above offers, it does NOT address the problem of blue liners. That is where TB is hurting badly.

Old
01-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Bolts f4n

Send a message via AIM to Bolts f4n
You can't do that. They just need to get healthy again, maybe make a move for one solid defenseman, and get some forward depth through the draft. This team is NOT in need of a complete rebuild. Once again, they are losing CLOSE games. One or two bounces go the Bolts way, and they win 5 more games this year easy. That'd put them in the playoff race. This team needs small changes, not major ones, to be back in the race. Trading Vinny would set the team back the same way it set back Boston when they traded Thornton.

The one player that I think needs a serious look for a trade as he's had a terrible year, is Paul Ranger. Everyone has always been so high on Ranger, as he eats up minutes, but he still makes the critical mistake at the critical time to cost us. I'm sick of his stick swinging, instead of playing the body. He's young enough to get better, but I think he could return a pretty decent player or prospect and pick to help the team get better.

For all of you who think I'm crazy: Since Ranger has been out the last 4 or 5 games, what's the Lightning record? Hmm....

Old
01-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Tackleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts f4n View Post
You can't do that. They just need to get healthy again, maybe make a move for one solid defenseman, and get some forward depth through the draft. This team is NOT in need of a complete rebuild. Once again, they are losing CLOSE games. One or two bounces go the Bolts way, and they win 5 more games this year easy. That'd put them in the playoff race. This team needs small changes, not major ones, to be back in the race. Trading Vinny would set the team back the same way it set back Boston when they traded Thornton.

The one player that I think needs a serious look for a trade as he's had a terrible year, is Paul Ranger. Everyone has always been so high on Ranger, as he eats up minutes, but he still makes the critical mistake at the critical time to cost us. I'm sick of his stick swinging, instead of playing the body. He's young enough to get better, but I think he could return a pretty decent player or prospect and pick to help the team get better.

For all of you who think I'm crazy: Since Ranger has been out the last 4 or 5 games, what's the Lightning record? Hmm....
Amen. I agree 98%. I disagree that Ranger should be traded. See what we can get in return in the way of a blue liner. Ranger has had the injury bug this year. I think if he gels and the team gets conditioned into a better system, he will improve. Besides, Ranger is only costing the team about $1mil. He will be a bargain if he improves. Right now he is worth the $$, and we cant afford to let blue liners go.

Old
01-18-2009, 07:42 PM
MSL26
Future Hall-of-Famer

Quote:
What do you guys think?
I don't like either proposal, not even a little. No way would I want Tampa to make those trades.

Old
01-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Mr Underhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
This has been beat to death over the past week. Vinny is the face, cornerstone, soul, hope, etc.... of the franchise. Why did your offer not include a d-men like Markov or Kommi or Gorges? I have heard from many a Habs fans that Markov is the Montreal franchise. Vinny is Tampa's. If Vinny gets traded, the current owners will be faced with massive fan loss. No player in the NHL would ever WANT to come to TB because the owners have said Vinny will be here till he retires. This latest rumor of Vinny being traded has shown distrust of players towards the GM.

If you would want a future hall of famer a trade with 2 or more blue liners would be needed. I will say that Plecky and the K-boys are real good players.

Cant see trading MSL for Whitney. Even with the 1st round pick, Pitts would come out on top. Whitney is a bit younger, but MSL has much better stats. I could see Goligoski with Letang and/or 1st rd pick.

They are not bad trades if you are looking at offense. The problem with all the above offers, it does NOT address the problem of blue liners. That is where TB is hurting badly.
Because if we trade Vinny striaght up for a defender (Markov) or a package that centers around a defender (Komi) but doesnt have a substancial offensive return, the problem that we had on defense we will now have on offense.

That is why I used Marty to get us a top pair puck moving defenseman.

Old
01-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
These are just as bad as the ones coming from Habs fans

I would never do either of them..

Old
01-19-2009, 01:51 AM
peanutvendor

in eastside hockey manager, i was able to get all 30 first round draft picks one year and still won the cup. why dont we just do that?

honestly though, s kost-plek-ak is a dismal 1st line. if it was a good 1st line, it wouldnt be worth 1 player. i dont even think crosby or ovechkin alone would land you a full 1st line worthy of being a 1st line in the nhl. wouldnt mind whitney, but not for st louis. and the 1st rounders wont regularly contribute for 2-5 years, so 2 year rebuild isnt really hypothetical, unless we were picking in a hypothetical draft.

Old
01-19-2009, 04:27 AM
Habs3131

Mark my words, Bob Gainey will NEVER trade one the K-brother....Never, Never, Never...We need more a Bouwmeester than a Lecavalier...and like some people says, Vinny is playing at 75% with his shoulder, so do we need to acquired a injured player ?...the answer is NO....B.Gainey will pay the price......for a D.....Hope for you that VInny will stay in Tampa.....

Old
01-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Felonious Python
TyJo

Pretty much every Lecavalier based proposal has one thing in common. It depletes the center position, and doesn't answer the defensemen question. If TB were to move Mr. Lecavalier, they need something substantial now, too.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 01-19-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old
01-19-2009, 06:06 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
I think you're a little too sensitive.
Thank you! You are officially the first human to ever accuse me of being too sensitive. I will be sure to show my wife and everyone else who thinks I'm an ******* your quote.

Again, thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

By the way, may I use your quote as my signature? I would love it.

Old
01-19-2009, 06:07 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs3131 View Post
Mark my words, Bob Gainey will NEVER trade one the K-brother....Never, Never, Never...We need more a Bouwmeester than a Lecavalier...and like some people says, Vinny is playing at 75% with his shoulder, so do we need to acquired a injured player ?...the answer is NO....B.Gainey will pay the price......for a D.....Hope for you that VInny will stay in Tampa.....
Gretzky was never leaving Edmonton either.............

Old
01-19-2009, 06:08 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Now ridiculous is something I've been accused of in the past......

Old
01-19-2009, 11:18 PM
STRANGE VICTORY

I like to gauge my ability to be a GM so here is my trade.

Marc Savard, Dennis Wideman, Zach Hamil for Lecavalier, Smaby, Jokinen

Closed Thread