HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Top 4 D to Boston

Old
01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Nikita Filatov*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesniper99 View Post
LOL Boston will do that in a heartbeatLOL
Only after they throw in Kessel and Krejci.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Mount KilimanChara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Derek Morris and a 2nd for Wheeler.

Sorry, it would be kind of funny.

Even funnier would be the Yotes then sending Wheeler to San Antonio for ahwile.
No thank you, I'll keep Blake. Sucks for a Yotes fan I'm sure but he really has found a good home here in Boston and I would be extremely upset as a Bruins fan if they traded him this year. You don't trade Calder candidates who just chose to sign with your team over umpteen suitors the same year they signed. If at all.

I can't get a read on Morris but if he was cheap I'd be interested, mostly because he's a righty and he's got some high end history. Then again I never see him play these days and his stats aren't that impressive.

Mount KilimanChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 02:14 AM
10 ft. pole

To Boston: Preising, Hickey, and Boyle

To LA: Bergeron

10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Randall Graves*

Pronger or Niedermayer, take your choice

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 05:44 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post
To Boston: Preising, Hickey, and Boyle

To LA: Bergeron
Where is the top 4 dman in that offer? I see a guy who can't get playing time on a much worse team, a guy who can't make the major league roster of a much worse team and a prospect who wouldn't help at all this year.

But all that is kind of beside the point since many of us think the B's problem the last few games is not enough goals, not too many goals allowed. Simply put Bergeron helps the team win much more than 2 guys with no value and a rookie who won't play until next year at the earliest.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 07:04 AM
8thRoundPick

Of all the ideas passed around in this thread, I definitely like the idea of Robidas the best.

Dallas fans, would Lashoff and Karsums get the deal done?

My thinking is Dallas would love to stock up on youth, with both players on two way contracts so the Stars' can send them down if need be for cap reasons.

8thRoundPick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 07:28 AM
remer

Stephane Robidas is a 6th or 7th type of defenseman who is a grinder. He is kinda like Shane Hnidy but a little better. He is being honoured this year at the All Star game as a replacement for a injuryed defenseman.
Not sure I'd give up much for him. Not sure if he would push this team over the top either.
Boston needs an impact defenseman. Someone who can play 20 plus minutes and help with the offense.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:36 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Stephane Robidas is a 6th or 7th type of defenseman who is a grinder. He is kinda like Shane Hnidy but a little better. He is being honoured this year at the All Star game as a replacement for a injuryed defenseman.
Not sure I'd give up much for him. Not sure if he would push this team over the top either.
Boston needs an impact defenseman. Someone who can play 20 plus minutes and help with the offense.
I think he's a little better than that, but I do wonder where all this Robidas chatter is getting it's legs. He's decent defensively, and only averages just less than 20 points a year. I'm not sure he supplants any of the guys that Boston currently has in their top 4, as I don't see him as a drastic upgrade over guys like Ferrence, Ward, Stuart, or Hunwick when they are all healthy. Personally, I think the D is fine if they are healthy. I'd rather the Bruins make a splash with a forward this year so that they can get back to being a team with 3 scoring lines and an experienced 4th line (Yelle and Thornton both with cups, hopefully Axe on LW).

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:56 AM
The Depahted

I'd take Robidas on the B's in a heartbeat. He's a solid contributor, a 3-4 kinda guy. AND he's a righty...

Chara- Robidas
Ference- Wideman
Hunwick- Ward

But I think that it could be just as important to find a replacement for Marco Sturm

The Depahted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

As a Stars fan I'm willing to give up Robidas. Even though he's +9 on our team and could probably score more points if he was a part of the Bruins' system.

It all depends on what Boston is willing to give.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 05:07 PM
pmorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Where is the top 4 dman in that offer? I see a guy who can't get playing time on a much worse team, a guy who can't make the major league roster of a much worse team and a prospect who wouldn't help at all this year.

But all that is kind of beside the point since many of us think the B's problem the last few games is not enough goals, not too many goals allowed. Simply put Bergeron helps the team win much more than 2 guys with no value and a rookie who won't play until next year at the earliest.
Too bad bergeron probably won't help the Bruins this year, either.

And Wade Redden gets paid like a top 4 defenseman. Does he count?

pmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 05:32 PM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris View Post
Too bad bergeron probably won't help the Bruins this year, either.
And Wade Redden gets paid like a top 4 defenseman. Does he count?
I'm willing to bet Bergeron is back in the lineup the first week back from the all star break. He's feeling good, he's been practicing, as well as travelling with the team. This past concussion was no where near as severe as last years.

Old
01-21-2009, 08:30 PM
The Depahted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Tazer View Post
As a Stars fan I'm willing to give up Robidas. Even though he's +9 on our team and could probably score more points if he was a part of the Bruins' system.

It all depends on what Boston is willing to give.
Hmm...

Mark Stuart/Vlad Sobotka and a 3rd or 4th?

I havent seen many Robidas proposals so I'm very unsure of his value. Sorry if I'm way off base here

The Depahted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 09:41 PM
loxcane

Robidas would be a nice pickup for the Bruins.

loxcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Grrrowlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
I think the Thrashers would want something a little bit better than St. Pierre. At 25 years old, he isn't really a prospect at this point.

He looks like the next coming of Haydar or Krog at this point, a star AHLer that just isn't good enough to get it done in the NHL.
I would Do it in a Heart Beat. St. Pierre is Good, He has never Been given a real chance. Hear He Would Be Great.

Grrrowlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

There was a Bruins fan who proposed Lashoff and Karsums... I would take this deal straight up. I don't know much about these prospects but they seem like they could be promising contributors in the future.

Although, I doubt Boston does this.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 07:02 AM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
There was a Bruins fan who proposed Lashoff and Karsums... I would take this deal straight up. I don't know much about these prospects but they seem like they could be promising contributors in the future.

That was me. I agree, there is probably a good chance Boston doesn't do this, namely for the fact that they think highly of Lashoff, where I'm not so high on him. We have a few other prospect d-men like Bodnarchuk and Boychuk who will need a look soon (like the next year or so), so personally I think it's time to find Lashoff a place where he can be given a fresh start.

Karsums is a player I like - big, strong on the puck, has a good shot - but you have to give value in order to receive it, and this guy deserves a shot somewhere.

Some other posters have bashed Robidas, saying he's a 6th-7th defenceman. I guess those people don't see much of him, because he was just named to the all star game to replace the injured Lidstrom. He might not have the upside like Niskanen, but he's a darn good d-man.

Old
01-22-2009, 07:03 AM
8thRoundPick

Quote:

That was me. I agree, there is probably a good chance Boston doesn't do this, namely for the fact that they think highly of Lashoff, where I'm not so high on him. We have a few other prospect d-men like Bodnarchuk and Boychuk who will need a look soon (like the next year or so), so personally I think it's time to find Lashoff a place where he can be given a fresh start.

Karsums is a player I like - big, strong on the puck, has a good shot - but you have to give value in order to receive it, and this guy deserves a shot somewhere.

Some other posters have bashed Robidas, saying he's a 6th-7th defenceman. I guess those people don't see much of him, because he was just named to the all star game to replace the injured Lidstrom. He might not have the upside like Niskanen, but he's a darn good d-man.

Old
01-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Pronger or Niedermayer, take your choice
A Pronger and Chara top pairing would just be plain ol' scary.

I'd be all for that.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 09:58 AM
SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergy4ever View Post
I guess those people don't see much of him, because he was just named to the all star game to replace the injured Lidstrom.
Those people that don't see much of him are called Dallas Stars fans. And did not you see that thread? Everyone is mystified by the choice to send him to the All-Star game.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
A Pronger and Chara top pairing would just be plain ol' scary.

I'd be all for that.
I'd rather have Neids. He'd probably come a bit cheaper and is a UFA.

Old
01-22-2009, 10:15 AM
senators101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
I don't see it, but good luck with that.
Have you seen him play this year? He's big, he's quick, he can handle big speedy forwards. He did an amazing job on Ovechkin a few days ago.

He's the only reason Alexandre Picard looks like a decent d-man, he was the only plus player on our team before this week (now a plus 10) has 25 points in 36 games and is averaging almost 24 minutes a game and many of those games he's getting close to 26. He'll get a first rounder.

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:28 AM
iceless
-`ღ-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. A 1st for Kuba?
You do realize that Boston's 1st is akin to a high 2nd, right?

Get real. It's a fair price to pay considering that you wouldn't have to gut the farm or send any players back.

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque View Post
You do realize that Boston's 1st is akin to a high 2nd, right?

Get real. It's a fair price to pay considering that you wouldn't have to gut the farm or send any players back.
You're not getting a 1st from Boston for him... That's for sure.

Boston's 1st is a 1st... It's not a 2nd.

Old
01-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
I'd rather have Neids. He'd probably come a bit cheaper and is a UFA.
He would be cheaper however not as dominant as a Pronger - Chara duo,that's scary

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote