HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gomez terrible anyone?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2009, 11:20 AM
  #101
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Stepan, and Hagelin say hi. Both look to be solid forward prospects. Byers also looked to be a solid prospect before injured. Campbell is also having a solid year in the NCAA, and Dupont is really finding his game in HFD. so we do have some forward prospects.

but Rosy will not come back to haunt us. his contract isn't that bad at all. He consistently is leading us in scoring for dmen, and plays solid defense for us as well. I cannot understand all the hate for Rosy on these boards.
I like Rozy, don't get me wrong, but I feel like we could've saved a lot of money by going with other options on defense or at least gotten more bang for our buck. I suggested earlier, it would've been much more worthwhile if we let Rozy walk, didn't sign Redden, and managed to sign Campbell long term. At least he's young. My biggest problem with Rozy's contract is that it's 4 years. The 4th year and perhaps the 3rd, having that 4 million against the cap when Rozy won't be close to leading the team in minutes assuming Del Zotto and Sanguinetti are both up and we still have Staal and Girardi..

I even like Redden, he's just not worth his contract. I don't let players contracts get in the way of how i feel about their play or them as players. Gomez is overpaid but he's still one of my favorite players, he plays with a lot of fire and passion. For a smaller guy he doesn't back down to anyone, and he's a good guy to have in the lockerrroom.


And yes, I know we have more forward prospects than Anisimov and Grachev but these two are the only ones that aren't a very longshot to be 70+ point players int he NHL. The guys you mentioned will be lucky to be 3rd liners that score 10-20 goals. Dupont may have the potential to be a 2nd liner who may sniff 30 goal seasons one day. Can't predict the future.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 12:47 PM
  #102
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I like Rozy, don't get me wrong, but I feel like we could've saved a lot of money by going with other options on defense or at least gotten more bang for our buck. I suggested earlier, it would've been much more worthwhile if we let Rozy walk, didn't sign Redden, and managed to sign Campbell long term. At least he's young. My biggest problem with Rozy's contract is that it's 4 years. The 4th year and perhaps the 3rd, having that 4 million against the cap when Rozy won't be close to leading the team in minutes assuming Del Zotto and Sanguinetti are both up and we still have Staal and Girardi..

I even like Redden, he's just not worth his contract. I don't let players contracts get in the way of how i feel about their play or them as players. Gomez is overpaid but he's still one of my favorite players, he plays with a lot of fire and passion. For a smaller guy he doesn't back down to anyone, and he's a good guy to have in the lockerrroom.


And yes, I know we have more forward prospects than Anisimov and Grachev but these two are the only ones that aren't a very longshot to be 70+ point players int he NHL. The guys you mentioned will be lucky to be 3rd liners that score 10-20 goals. Dupont may have the potential to be a 2nd liner who may sniff 30 goal seasons one day. Can't predict the future.

Rosy is a better all around defensemen that Campbell. he is also $2 mill cheaper a season. He is a better pickup, and more worth his money than campbell. I wanted campbell but not at the contract he was signed at. if he was here people would be slaughtering his contract as well. i'm very comfortable w/ the Rosy signing.

Redden i never wanted, still don't want, and wish he went to play in the KHL.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 02:35 PM
  #103
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Besides the fact that Campbell did not want to come here. He made it clear that Chicago was where he wanted to play. We would have had no chance of getting him. I hear his name and Orpik pop a lot on here and "why Sather didn't go after one of them." Maybe he did. But Orpik took a pay cut and both players do not have any interest in being NY Rangers.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:18 PM
  #104
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Yeah, they did nothing...they just went to the Stanley Cup Finals.



There are other ways to build a winner. Look at Detroit and San Jose. Now, where Detroit and San Jose continuously develop their own stars and then add to their foundation by making a trade or signing a free agent, the Rangers try to build a foundation using free agents. Obviously, one method works a lot better than the other.


This is coming from a fan who told an Islanders fan that he envies there team.
Dynasties...There are no more dynasties. That's the point. You can't compare the league now to the league in the 80s. This is a SALARY CAP LEAGUE. It's DESIGNED to force teams to think twice about their personnel choices. It's designed to make sure that teams that draft well do well.



Your point is what? That some great players are late-round gems. Great. Now take a look at the top 20-30 in NHL scoring, and take a look at how many of those guys AREN'T first round picks. Besides, your point is moot considering the only real late round gem this team has gotten under Sather is Lundqvist, and he had little to do with that selection.



The Rangers ruined Blackburn. He had no business playing in the NHL as an 18-year-old. So he went back and picked up Sjostrom? A 4th liner who is lucky if he gets 10 goals a year? AWESOME! What a get! That more than makes up for all of the terrible picks he's made since he's gotten here.



Yes, we all know the Rangers are a pathetic organization that has made numerous blunders through out it's history. That doesn't mean we need to continue that trend with Sather.



Yes, let's now defend Sather's pre-lockout moves as well. Come on, haha. Are you serious? Yeah, Bobby Holik. What a GREAT signing he was.



It's quite easy for a fan to question a GM who has done nothing in his entire tenure with this team but continues to have a job. Yes, I agree, it's pretty easy to do that.

Yes, I want this team to do badly so I can prove I'm right. Let me tell you something, I don't have to want it, because unfortunately reality is going to prove me right. I'd love nothing more than to be completely wrong, then to see this team win the Cup. But I know that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

Maybe instead of rooting blindly for your team, you should see what the rest of the hockey world sees: that this team has made some glaring errors in judgment, and now they're going to be paying for it. Big time.



People can think whatever they want about Shanahan, because Shanahan is yet another in the long list of examples of how the Devils are a much better run, much smarter franchise than the Rangers. Of how Lou is 10x the GM that Sather is.



And...BINGO. This statement is why you have ZERO credibility. Maybe you need hindsight to see that these moves were wrong, but other people didn't. Anyone who has ever watched Gomez play, anyone who watched Redden play the last 2 years in Ottawa knows that. This has nothing to do with hindsight. If you thought these signings were the right moves, then there is no point in even having a discussion. If we don't agree on that, I doubt we'll agree on anything.



So, even though I think Glen Sather is a horrendous GM and is doing a terrible job running my favorite team, at least in my opinion, I should not say anything because YOU don't agree with it. Gotcha.

Who ever heard of fans losing their patience with the general manager of a sports team?
Did i say no, don't say anything. I just said it's easy to come on the HF boards and play GM. And you're the same Rangers fan that told an Islanders fan you were jealous of their franchise. And they are heading in the right direction? Where? KC?And why, cuz they suck? And yes, IMO the Penguins didn't do anything as of yet. They never had their name on the Cup even with Crosby, "the next Gretzky was in town." Look at Pitts best players last year including the addition of Hossa! Plenty of top picks, correct? Look at Detroits? They took care of the Penguins in 6. Did I mention when Zetterberg was drafted? Datsyuk? Lidstrom? Osgood? (3rd round and I forgot to mention him).

Has any other Rangers fan agreed with your statement that they are envious of the Islanders? Watch, I'll bet you deny saying it as well.
Bobby Holik and Eric Londros was years ago. I shouldn't have even brought that up. Bobby Holik and Londros and even Gretzky were surounded by garbage. Not all of which was Slats fault. Besides the fact you totally misunderstood what I read because I didn't necessarily agree with those signings. In your language, I did.

Listen don't embarrass yourself and talk about credibility and I have 0? You are one if not the biggest babies on this board. Where is your credibility? Unless you are some how affiliated with the NHL as a scout, GM, or coach or even former player, you, like me do not have any credibility.

You think that you are a genius, because the proven way to win and I quote "you must have top 10 picks in your lineup." I just told you what a bunch of late rounders can do too a bunch of top 1 to 4 picks. So no. You are the one with 0 credibility. Okay I'll give you a point of credibility because you have more posts than me on the HF Boards .

You come on here and try and act all intelligent and put down others who disagree with your only "proven point of view." You get real defensive when someone counter attacks your argument. You use words like credibility. Kind of childish, don't you think? Again, If you are in some way affiliated with the NHL as a scout, GM, Analyst, coach, etc... I'll give you credibility. I'm sorry if I don't think you are a "savant" when it comes to building hockey teams, or a "maven" or who ever you think you are.

If another Rangers fan comes on here and tells me that I have zero credibility because I happen to disagree with you maybe I might take it half way serious. You refuse to see the views of other people. Again, like you are some sort of genius. It's sad actually.Your opinion of Sather. When you know nothing about him or what it's like to be a GM in the NHL.

And just because all you do is come on here and bash Sather. Does that mean that I cannot defend him?

Go a head. Twist it around to fit your argument and tell me about credibility.

And go on. Rally your Rangers HF board troops together and tell me after these 3 posts that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I can't believe you can sit here and say you want to prove your right and wishing the Rangers will tank it. You honestly call that being a Rangers fan.

You sit here and u say oh, well Shannahan was such a great move by the Devils. Why did it take so long for any team to pick him up? We'll see what his stats are at the end of the year. You're such a big fan of the Devils GM and think he's such a genius. Before you put me down for Sather signing Bobby Holik many years ago. I'll bet you support it now that the Devils have picked him up correct? Rolston too? Why did your genius of a gm pick up Shanny, Holik and Rolston? They should trade Brodeur and get a top 10 pick for him as well!! These guys are old and have had it. Going by your point of view. I don't think the Devils will win the Cup with this team even with the great Shannahan. They should tank it. Get higher draft picks right?

Once again. You ARE the only one who comes on here and tells me I have zero credibility. Yea maybe people are tired of listening to you whine like a baby and admit that you get your way and the Rangers go down the tubes. I know. Reality will take care of that though. Go buy a Devils Jersey if your so in love with Lou and you want the Rangers to lose so you can prove that you were right.

And the rest of us will put on a Drury jersey just for you and root for the Rangers. Do you realize the flaws in your own statements. You put down Sjostrom, correct? Yet he was picked at number 11 and you want to win using the "proven method of picking 1 through 10." Then I said okay I'll go back to that draft and see who was picked number 9. It was Pascal Leclair. Give me his stats to help show off your credibility.

If Sather gets Holik years ago he sucks. If Lou picks him up now he's a genius. If the Rangers picked up Shannahan instead of N.J. and did nothing with the team would Sather get some credit from your stand point?

When you go back and seriously read my posts and pay attention. Then get back to me. But arguing with you is like arguing with a wall that won't budge and you cant break through it. You waste my time. You ignore everything that I say and talk about how it has no credibility. You ignore it because it's a threat to your stubborn one track mind, way of thinking.
Here's another contradiction. You talk about hindsight and how the Rangers should not have gotten Drury or Gomez. Drury had a career year before he came to the Rangers. Last year, he and Gomez finished top 3 in scoring. But last year doesn't count either right.
Jagr before he got here. He was lost under Washington management. He comes to NY and resurrects our franchise. Breaks single season scoring records. Who do I thank for that. Sather, and you should too.

Once again if someone besides yourself wants to have a conversation about this and talk about how my past 3 posts were nothing but garbage, I'll talk. But you Sting. It's a waste of time. Because you do not at all open your mind and listen and read other posts. You skim through them and disregard them as garbage. You're not worth my time. And really, you sure your a Rangers fan?
Alright, fine, I guess.

Your argument is Sather sucks because of the same things over and over and over. I don't know how you do not get tired of trying to make the same argument. I think we all get your point. Sather sucks! Obviously. Because you told us so.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:22 PM
  #105
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Did i say no, don't say anything. I just said it's easy to come on the HF boards and play GM. And you're the same Rangers fan that told an Islanders fan you were jealous of their franchise. And they are heading in the right direction? Where? KC?And why, cuz they suck? And yes, IMO the Penguins didn't do anything as of yet. They never had their name on the Cup even with Crosby, "the next Gretzky was in town." Look at Pitts best players last year including the addition of Hossa! Plenty of top picks, correct? Look at Detroits? They took care of the Penguins in 6. Did I mention when Zetterberg was drafted? Datsyuk? Lidstrom? Osgood? (3rd round and I forgot to mention him).

Has any other Rangers fan agreed with your statement that they are envious of the Islanders? Watch, I'll bet you deny saying it as well.
Bobby Holik and Eric Londros was years ago. I shouldn't have even brought that up. Bobby Holik and Londros and even Gretzky were surounded by garbage. Not all of which was Slats fault. Besides the fact you totally misunderstood what I read because I didn't necessarily agree with those signings. In your language, I did.

Listen don't embarrass yourself and talk about credibility and I have 0? You are one if not the biggest babies on this board. Where is your credibility? Unless you are some how affiliated with the NHL as a scout, GM, or coach or even former player, you, like me do not have any credibility.

You think that you are a genius, because the proven way to win and I quote "you must have top 10 picks in your lineup." I just told you what a bunch of late rounders can do too a bunch of top 1 to 4 picks. So no. You are the one with 0 credibility. Okay I'll give you a point of credibility because you have more posts than me on the HF Boards .

You come on here and try and act all intelligent and put down others who disagree with your only "proven point of view." You get real defensive when someone counter attacks your argument. You use words like credibility. Kind of childish, don't you think? Again, If you are in some way affiliated with the NHL as a scout, GM, Analyst, coach, etc... I'll give you credibility. I'm sorry if I don't think you are a "savant" when it comes to building hockey teams, or a "maven" or who ever you think you are.

If another Rangers fan comes on here and tells me that I have zero credibility because I happen to disagree with you maybe I might take it half way serious. You refuse to see the views of other people. Again, like you are some sort of genius. It's sad actually.Your opinion of Sather. When you know nothing about him or what it's like to be a GM in the NHL.

And just because all you do is come on here and bash Sather. Does that mean that I cannot defend him?

Go a head. Twist it around to fit your argument and tell me about credibility.

And go on. Rally your Rangers HF board troops together and tell me after these 3 posts that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I can't believe you can sit here and say you want to prove your right and wishing the Rangers will tank it. You honestly call that being a Rangers fan.

You sit here and u say oh, well Shannahan was such a great move by the Devils. Why did it take so long for any team to pick him up? We'll see what his stats are at the end of the year. You're such a big fan of the Devils GM and think he's such a genius. Before you put me down for Sather signing Bobby Holik many years ago. I'll bet you support it now that the Devils have picked him up correct? Rolston too? Why did your genius of a gm pick up Shanny, Holik and Rolston? They should trade Brodeur and get a top 10 pick for him as well!! These guys are old and have had it. Going by your point of view. I don't think the Devils will win the Cup with this team even with the great Shannahan. They should tank it. Get higher draft picks right?

Once again. You ARE the only one who comes on here and tells me I have zero credibility. Yea maybe people are tired of listening to you whine like a baby and admit that you get your way and the Rangers go down the tubes. I know. Reality will take care of that though. Go buy a Devils Jersey if your so in love with Lou and you want the Rangers to lose so you can prove that you were right.

And the rest of us will put on a Drury jersey just for you and root for the Rangers. Do you realize the flaws in your own statements. You put down Sjostrom, correct? Yet he was picked at number 11 and you want to win using the "proven method of picking 1 through 10." Then I said okay I'll go back to that draft and see who was picked number 9. It was Pascal Leclair. Give me his stats to help show off your credibility.

If Sather gets Holik years ago he sucks. If Lou picks him up now he's a genius. If the Rangers picked up Shannahan instead of N.J. and did nothing with the team would Sather get some credit from your stand point?

When you go back and seriously read my posts and pay attention. Then get back to me. But arguing with you is like arguing with a wall that won't budge and you cant break through it. You waste my time. You ignore everything that I say and talk about how it has no credibility. You ignore it because it's a threat to your stubborn one track mind, way of thinking.
Here's another contradiction. You talk about hindsight and how the Rangers should not have gotten Drury or Gomez. Drury had a career year before he came to the Rangers. Last year, he and Gomez finished top 3 in scoring. But last year doesn't count either right.
Jagr before he got here. He was lost under Washington management. He comes to NY and resurrects our franchise. Breaks single season scoring records. Who do I thank for that. Sather, and you should too.

Once again if someone besides yourself wants to have a conversation about this and talk about how my past 3 posts were nothing but garbage, I'll talk. But you Sting. It's a waste of time. Because you do not at all open your mind and listen and read other posts. You skim through them and disregard them as garbage. You're not worth my time. And really, you sure your a Rangers fan?
Alright, fine, I guess.

Your argument is Sather sucks because of the same things over and over and over. I don't know how you do not get tired of trying to make the same argument. I think we all get your point. Sather sucks! Obviously. Because you told us so.
Funny that you accuse me of twisting your words when you do nothing but twist my own. You're nothing but a self-righteous hypocrite. Yeah, I guess I'm a terrible Ranger fan because I wish the Rangers were more like the Devils: winners of 3 championships in the last 15 years, and not 1 in the last 69.

Oh, and by the way, there's a thing called sarcasm. I tend to use it a lot when I post. You might want to look into that, you obviously don't grasp the concept. Might want to learn to read critically and within context, as well. May have helped you realize that when I said I want the Rangers to lose to prove myself right was sarcasm, considering I followed that up with saying I hope that I'm wrong and the team wins the Cup. Knowing that I'm not and that it won't, however, is simply honesty.


Last edited by NYR Sting: 01-20-2009 at 04:32 PM.
NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 05:24 PM
  #106
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Funny that you accuse me of twisting your words when you do nothing but twist my own. You're nothing but a self-righteous hypocrite. Yeah, I guess I'm a terrible Ranger fan because I wish the Rangers were more like the Devils: winners of 3 championships in the last 15 years, and not 1 in the last 69.

Oh, and by the way, there's a thing called sarcasm. I tend to use it a lot when I post. You might want to look into that, you obviously don't grasp the concept. Might want to learn to read critically and within context, as well. May have helped you realize that when I said I want the Rangers to lose to prove myself right was sarcasm, considering I followed that up with saying I hope that I'm wrong and the team wins the Cup. Knowing that I'm not and that it won't, however, is simply honesty.
Self Righteous hypocrite. You are a blast. One of a kind. You look at the big picture of what I'm talking about. You either debunk it as non sense or your not comprehending what any of my prior posts were about. You seem to be confidently self righteous and pious and have this "holier than thou attitude" that your way is only way. While the opinions and arguments of others are not worthy of acknowledgment and lame.
While you are the one who is stubborn and narrow minded. It's obvious as from you, it's as if listening to the same boring piece of music on a daily basis. Dull and repetitive. The epitome of self righteousness. And accusing me as a self righteous individual is kind of hypocritical in it's own right, correct? When you in fact, are behaving self righteous. I am not the one acting if though my opinions are superior than others, including Glen Sathers.
But as I said. Please if there are others who agree with your stand point maybe I can talk with them and make my argument or ideas, which are in no way original more clear. And there can be a conversation.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 05:35 PM
  #107
Rosensnose*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Did i say no, don't say anything. I just said it's easy to come on the HF boards and play GM. And you're the same Rangers fan that told an Islanders fan you were jealous of their franchise. And they are heading in the right direction? Where? KC?And why, cuz they suck? And yes, IMO the Penguins didn't do anything as of yet. They never had their name on the Cup even with Crosby, "the next Gretzky was in town." Look at Pitts best players last year including the addition of Hossa! Plenty of top picks, correct? Look at Detroits? They took care of the Penguins in 6. Did I mention when Zetterberg was drafted? Datsyuk? Lidstrom? Osgood? (3rd round and I forgot to mention him).

Has any other Rangers fan agreed with your statement that they are envious of the Islanders? Watch, I'll bet you deny saying it as well.
Bobby Holik and Eric Londros was years ago. I shouldn't have even brought that up. Bobby Holik and Londros and even Gretzky were surounded by garbage. Not all of which was Slats fault. Besides the fact you totally misunderstood what I read because I didn't necessarily agree with those signings. In your language, I did.

Listen don't embarrass yourself and talk about credibility and I have 0? You are one if not the biggest babies on this board. Where is your credibility? Unless you are some how affiliated with the NHL as a scout, GM, or coach or even former player, you, like me do not have any credibility.

You think that you are a genius, because the proven way to win and I quote "you must have top 10 picks in your lineup." I just told you what a bunch of late rounders can do too a bunch of top 1 to 4 picks. So no. You are the one with 0 credibility. Okay I'll give you a point of credibility because you have more posts than me on the HF Boards .

You come on here and try and act all intelligent and put down others who disagree with your only "proven point of view." You get real defensive when someone counter attacks your argument. You use words like credibility. Kind of childish, don't you think? Again, If you are in some way affiliated with the NHL as a scout, GM, Analyst, coach, etc... I'll give you credibility. I'm sorry if I don't think you are a "savant" when it comes to building hockey teams, or a "maven" or who ever you think you are.

If another Rangers fan comes on here and tells me that I have zero credibility because I happen to disagree with you maybe I might take it half way serious. You refuse to see the views of other people. Again, like you are some sort of genius. It's sad actually.Your opinion of Sather. When you know nothing about him or what it's like to be a GM in the NHL.

And just because all you do is come on here and bash Sather. Does that mean that I cannot defend him?

Go a head. Twist it around to fit your argument and tell me about credibility.

And go on. Rally your Rangers HF board troops together and tell me after these 3 posts that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I can't believe you can sit here and say you want to prove your right and wishing the Rangers will tank it. You honestly call that being a Rangers fan.

You sit here and u say oh, well Shannahan was such a great move by the Devils. Why did it take so long for any team to pick him up? We'll see what his stats are at the end of the year. You're such a big fan of the Devils GM and think he's such a genius. Before you put me down for Sather signing Bobby Holik many years ago. I'll bet you support it now that the Devils have picked him up correct? Rolston too? Why did your genius of a gm pick up Shanny, Holik and Rolston? They should trade Brodeur and get a top 10 pick for him as well!! These guys are old and have had it. Going by your point of view. I don't think the Devils will win the Cup with this team even with the great Shannahan. They should tank it. Get higher draft picks right?

Once again. You ARE the only one who comes on here and tells me I have zero credibility. Yea maybe people are tired of listening to you whine like a baby and admit that you get your way and the Rangers go down the tubes. I know. Reality will take care of that though. Go buy a Devils Jersey if your so in love with Lou and you want the Rangers to lose so you can prove that you were right.

And the rest of us will put on a Drury jersey just for you and root for the Rangers. Do you realize the flaws in your own statements. You put down Sjostrom, correct? Yet he was picked at number 11 and you want to win using the "proven method of picking 1 through 10." Then I said okay I'll go back to that draft and see who was picked number 9. It was Pascal Leclair. Give me his stats to help show off your credibility.

If Sather gets Holik years ago he sucks. If Lou picks him up now he's a genius. If the Rangers picked up Shannahan instead of N.J. and did nothing with the team would Sather get some credit from your stand point?

When you go back and seriously read my posts and pay attention. Then get back to me. But arguing with you is like arguing with a wall that won't budge and you cant break through it. You waste my time. You ignore everything that I say and talk about how it has no credibility. You ignore it because it's a threat to your stubborn one track mind, way of thinking.
Here's another contradiction. You talk about hindsight and how the Rangers should not have gotten Drury or Gomez. Drury had a career year before he came to the Rangers. Last year, he and Gomez finished top 3 in scoring. But last year doesn't count either right.
Jagr before he got here. He was lost under Washington management. He comes to NY and resurrects our franchise. Breaks single season scoring records. Who do I thank for that. Sather, and you should too.

Once again if someone besides yourself wants to have a conversation about this and talk about how my past 3 posts were nothing but garbage, I'll talk. But you Sting. It's a waste of time. Because you do not at all open your mind and listen and read other posts. You skim through them and disregard them as garbage. You're not worth my time. And really, you sure your a Rangers fan?
Alright, fine, I guess.

Your argument is Sather sucks because of the same things over and over and over. I don't know how you do not get tired of trying to make the same argument. I think we all get your point. Sather sucks! Obviously. Because you told us so.
you're*

I can respect sting because he can take his blinders off and can critique the failures of a franchise, which there have been many. Sometimes he can be a little too negative but it least he clearly understands the game and can make intelligent posts.

Great job sting, I love to read your posts.

Rosensnose* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 06:05 PM
  #108
kilo41ak
 
kilo41ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Anchorage, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 233
vCash: 500
Havlat for Gomez?

... just sayin... i knwo it wouldn't work, but the thought was there.

kilo41ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 06:05 PM
  #109
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo41ak View Post
... just sayin... i knwo it wouldn't work, but the thought was there.
Deal. No backsies.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 06:06 PM
  #110
Rosensnose*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
yea way to go Sting. You got one of your Devils fans. Probably your next door neighbor to stick up for you.
Yea what ever he says is golden. Okay your one person. And you don't count. Rosennose. I'll say your in 6th maybe 7th grade tops just with a name like that alone.

Okay you guys are right. Top 10 draft picks. Got have em. Set in stone. You probably don't even understand my posts. If so explain. And it's not difficult to read.
I don't know sting but I can feel his frustration with Sather when he posts. Sather is handicapping this team and Sting has no problem conveying his thoughts about the situation. At the same time he can give props to one of the greatest GMs in the league. He is different than most Ranger fans that post here.

As far your posts go I think they are a little wordy but interesting. Although I have read Kevin Smith movie scripts that are less verbose than your last post.

Rosensnose* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 06:14 PM
  #111
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
He is not a supertstar player that will lead a team but give him a guy like Kovalchuk and then will talk.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 06:21 PM
  #112
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
I don't have a single problem with Drury, but Gomez on the other hand.....yuck.
Are u mentally ill, Gomez is overpaid, but to even comapre him to the goat skilless Drury u have to be insane.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 06:24 PM
  #113
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
yea way to go Sting. You got one of your Devils fans. Probably your next door neighbor to stick up for you.
Yea what ever he says is golden. Okay your one person. And you don't count. Rosennose. I'll say your in 6th maybe 7th grade tops just with a name like that alone.

Okay you guys are right. Top 10 draft picks. Got have em. Set in stone. You probably don't even understand my posts. If so explain. And it's not difficult to read.

Quote:
Once again if someone besides yourself wants to have a conversation about this and talk about how my past 3 posts were nothing but garbage, I'll talk. But you Sting

So you mention in previous posts if someone else wants to talk about what you and Sting are arguing about, you'd listen but when someone does you proceed to try and insult the poster. ??

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 06:53 PM
  #114
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
He is not a superstar player that will lead a team but give him a guy like Jagr and then...
OOPS!

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 07:35 PM
  #115
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
So you mention in previous posts if someone else wants to talk about what you and Sting are arguing about, you'd listen but when someone does you proceed to try and insult the poster. ??

Yes but they are much too verbose (long) for an HF reader. The
points are there. The facts I listed are there. My point is there.
You are absolutely wrong. He/She said Sting clearly knows the game. Is the poster referring that I do not? He/She enjoys reading his posts and Sting has taken the blinders off and realizes the problems with this team? Okay. Many teams in the NHL have problems. How have I not taken off the blinders when using my argument? I'm looking for specifics.
I must have written 3 verbose posts trying very hard to state my points. The topic is rebuilding the Rangers, correct? Maybe I have to be even more clearer. Where are the criticisms in my argument besides they are verbose or long posts? My posts are interesting? great.. how are they interesting?
After reading Sting's argument and mine what SPECIFICALLY do you like about Sting's argument when compared to mine?
Then I will more than happy to continue my point of view If not I may as well tell you and the poster who you are defending to go back again and read my posts.
Criticize what is wrong. Or what is valid. What do you or don't you like about my side of the argument. Give me more information.

Then if you or anyone would like I will continue the conversation. Or if you prefer, the argument.
I'm sure you can understand. I stated my point of view already using a lot of players and statistical information. I thought I made the argument pretty simple but I guess not.
Sting and I have both made several posts stating what we believe and how it differs. If you agree with him after reading everything. Why? If not. Why?

Also, I really didn't insult the poster. A little joking around. If Sam Rosen could take it. I'm sure the poster can.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 08:09 PM
  #116
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Yes but they are much too verbose (long) for an HF reader. The
points are there. The facts I listed are there. My point is there.
You are absolutely wrong. He/She said Sting clearly knows the game. Is the poster referring that I do not? He/She enjoys reading his posts and Sting has taken the blinders off and realizes the problems with this team? Okay. Many teams in the NHL have problems. How have I not taken off the blinders when using my argument? I'm looking for specifics.
I must have written 3 verbose posts trying very hard to state my points. The topic is rebuilding the Rangers, correct? Maybe I have to be even more clearer. Where are the criticisms in my argument besides they are verbose or long posts? My posts are interesting? great.. how are they interesting?
After reading Sting's argument and mine what SPECIFICALLY do you like about Sting's argument when compared to mine?
Then I will more than happy to continue my point of view If not I may as well tell you and the poster who you are defending to go back again and read my posts.
Criticize what is wrong. Or what is valid. What do you or don't you like about my side of the argument. Give me more information.

Then if you or anyone would like I will continue the conversation. Or if you prefer, the argument.
I'm sure you can understand. I stated my point of view already using a lot of players and statistical information. I thought I made the argument pretty simple but I guess not.
Sting and I have both made several posts stating what we believe and how it differs. If you agree with him after reading everything. Why? If not. Why?

Also, I really didn't insult the poster. A little joking around. If Sam Rosen could take it. I'm sure the poster can.

To be honest i wish i never posted that, i havent been posting as much as i usually do because i am going to wait and see how the season plays out.

I have my views and do agree with much of what Sting says but i am sick of posting the same stuff over and over, i have since pre-season. My opinion has always been 6th to 8th seed with a 2nd rnd knockout, is that me being pessimistic ? maybe but i just dont like this team as it currently stands.

I really hope this team does go all the way to the cup but i think there is more chance of me winning the lottery ( i dont play).

Anyway gravey, Sting continue

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 08:35 PM
  #117
ciggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
i think you got his attention !

ciggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 08:41 PM
  #118
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,315
vCash: 500
It's funny. He has looked bad a hell of a lot this season, but he's 2nd on the team in points and only 6 behind Z with 5 games less played. I know there's more to the game than just stats, but if you add the fact that he takes a regular shift on one of the best PKs in the league maybe he isn't quite as bad as we make him out to be....

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 08:51 PM
  #119
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
No way will I continue. Thanks anyway. I'm done defending Gomez and Drury and Sather. I just want to sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of the season as well. Maybe even take a little break from the boards. I know most will be very upset But a very busy schedule.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 09:32 PM
  #120
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,106
vCash: 500
Gomez was very good tonight....finally.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:13 AM
  #121
Rosensnose*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
No way will I continue. Thanks anyway. I'm done defending Gomez and Drury and Sather. I just want to sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of the season as well. Maybe even take a little break from the boards. I know most will be very upset But a very busy schedule.
Way to leave on a high note, Gomez played well tonight.

I think you need a little break from the boards since you unloaded every hockey thought in your head a couple of posts ago. I'm still reading that bad boy.

Rosensnose* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:14 AM
  #122
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosensnose View Post
you're*

I can respect sting because he can take his blinders off and can critique the failures of a franchise, which there have been many. Sometimes he can be a little too negative but it least he clearly understands the game and can make intelligent posts.

Great job sting, I love to read your posts.
It's one thing to sit back and critique your team without being a homer about it, it's another thing to sit here and bash everything they do. Why even be a fan? Fans like sting, and there are plenty in this fanbase in particular, come off more like grouches that would sit here if we won the cup in 5 games and say "Well if Gomez didn't suck and Sather didn't make such crappy moves we could've won it in 4 games." I've sat next to people like this at games. THe players can do no right. It was unbelievable. I think Marcel Hossa scores a goal and they were almost mad. "Oh look, he finally scored a goal." Didn't even stand up to cheer.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:18 AM
  #123
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Does anyone remember how bad this team was during the stretch that Gomez was out to injury and how much better the team was when Gomez came back?

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:22 AM
  #124
Rosensnose*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
It's one thing to sit back and critique your team without being a homer about it, it's another thing to sit here and bash everything they do. Why even be a fan? Fans like sting, and there are plenty in this fanbase in particular, come off more like grouches that would sit here if we won the cup in 5 games and say "Well if Gomez didn't suck and Sather didn't make such crappy moves we could've won it in 4 games." I've sat next to people like this at games. THe players can do no right. It was unbelievable. I think Marcel Hossa scores a goal and they were almost mad. "Oh look, he finally scored a goal." Didn't even stand up to cheer.
I agree I hate fans like that but I honestly didn't think that sting was like that. He's clearly frustrated at what Sather has done by handing out these high priced, long length contracts and apparently he's felt that way from the day of the signings. So at least he's not a Monday morning quarterback.

Rosensnose* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:23 AM
  #125
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
It's one thing to sit back and critique your team without being a homer about it, it's another thing to sit here and bash everything they do. Why even be a fan? Fans like sting, and there are plenty in this fanbase in particular, come off more like grouches that would sit here if we won the cup in 5 games and say "Well if Gomez didn't suck and Sather didn't make such crappy moves we could've won it in 4 games." I've sat next to people like this at games. THe players can do no right. It was unbelievable. I think Marcel Hossa scores a goal and they were almost mad. "Oh look, he finally scored a goal." Didn't even stand up to cheer.
The fact that you can accuse me of only bashing everything this team does tells me you simply don't read my posts. I bash Sather, Gomez, Redden, and Voros. And Drury's contract (not Drury). Sometimes Kalinin. I don't bash the players that don't deserve bashing. I don't bash Callahan or Staal. I don't bash Lundqvist, etc. etc.

And yes, Gomez did play better tonight.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.