HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

third jersey mistake, anyone else?

Old
01-18-2009, 03:08 PM
booten326

vCash: 500
third jersey mistake, anyone else?

So I ordered a third jersey from nhl shop online and it comes with the little numbers on the front even though the actual ones don't feature them...might not be such a big deal for some but this pisses me off especially since the jerseys arn't exactly cheap and you can't remove them without screwing up the material. It's the NHL's official online shop and they can't take the 14 seconds to look up the proper way to create this jersey? Has anyone else experienced this kind of stuff from them?

booten326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 03:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by booten326 View Post
So I ordered a third jersey from nhl shop online and it comes with the little numbers on the front even though the actual ones don't feature them...might not be such a big deal for some but this pisses me off especially since the jerseys arn't exactly cheap and you can't remove them without screwing up the material. It's the NHL's official online shop and they can't take the 14 seconds to look up the proper way to create this jersey? Has anyone else experienced this kind of stuff from them?
Fantastic. I'd be writing some emails and getting that fixed.

385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Isles Junkie

yeah don't let them get away with this. write emails, make phone calls. you just spent over 150 bucks (presumably) on a jersey. there shouldn't be mistakes on it.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Hunter07

Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Quote:
I would def call them or return it.

Hunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 07:34 AM
cjdv16

press the return button. i had something similar happen once (i think they double-backed the 'A' or 'C' on my jersey). sent it right back. i believe it was icejersey's and not nhl, but either way, they're both credible entities so i can't see it being a problem.

just out of curiousity, who'd you get on your jersey?

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Potvins Cups

What kind of imbeciles work at shop NHL com? That jersey would have been back in the box and sent back to them in 2.3 seconds.

Potvins Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 06:46 PM
StylinIsle30

The mistake is that the 3rd jerseys aren't the primary jerseys.

In all seriousness though, I'm with all the others who say that you should voice your displeasure to nhl.com and hopefully something good will come out of it...be it a replacement jersey or what have you.

StylinIsle30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:48 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinIsle30 View Post
The mistake is that the 3rd jerseys aren't the primary jerseys.

In all seriousness though, I'm with all the others who say that you should voice your displeasure to nhl.com and hopefully something good will come out of it...be it a replacement jersey or what have you.

I swear i heard a rumor that the isles were planning to switch the third to the home jersey next season, feel free to tell me other wise. I personally like the isles third (i actually own one) And think it would be a good idea.

Anyways, definately return the jersey. If you are paying that amount of maoney for the jersey, may as well have it right.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 12:58 AM
CrimsonBruin21

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
I swear i heard a rumor that the isles were planning to switch the third to the home jersey next season, feel free to tell me other wise. I personally like the isles third (i actually own one) And think it would be a good idea.

Anyways, definately return the jersey. If you are paying that amount of maoney for the jersey, may as well have it right.
I believe some well connected members of the media (Botta and Logan) have let it leak that Isles ownership has finally been convinced that the "throwback" 3rds look much better and that they were hoping to have them switched to their primary jerseys by next season (2009-10). However various licensing/promotional agreements with NHL may not allow them to do it until 2010-11. But yes- it seems to be in the works. Thank God. Throwback "road" whites would be sweet too.

Back on topic... definitely SEND IT BACK. You'll doing Isles fans who order these things in the future a HUGE favor.

CrimsonBruin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:45 AM
booten326

just an update...I called them up and they were pretty understanding about the whole situation and they're sending a return order form via e-mail. I have to send it back to them (they pay for shipping) and I'll get a full return. I'm choosing not to order a new one from them I'm going with icejerseys.com b/c a friend of mine got a jersey from them and they actually have the jersey right with stitched numbers...not that iron on stuff nhl.com uses.

for the person who wanted to know who I got on the jersey...it was Old Reliable himself Ricky D hahaha...I'm ordering a Streit jersey from icejerseys.com instead. I figure I'll have plenty of years to get a DP jersey if this current string of injuries doesn't threaten his career and if they do, then I'll be glad I didn't get one.

booten326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:26 AM
TenYearsGone

Send a message via AIM to TenYearsGone
Quote:
just an update...I called them up and they were pretty understanding about the whole situation and they're sending a return order form via e-mail. I have to send it back to them (they pay for shipping) and I'll get a full return. I'm choosing not to order a new one from them I'm going with icejerseys.com b/c a friend of mine got a jersey from them and they actually have the jersey right with stitched numbers...not that iron on stuff nhl.com uses.

for the person who wanted to know who I got on the jersey...it was Old Reliable himself Ricky D hahaha...I'm ordering a Streit jersey from icejerseys.com instead. I figure I'll have plenty of years to get a DP jersey if this current string of injuries doesn't threaten his career and if they do, then I'll be glad I didn't get one.
Icejerseys is a very good site. I ordered a custom LaFontaine jersey there a couple of years ago and I was very happy with the outcome. High quality, real grade A work.

TenYearsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Trots19

vCash: 50
years ago i bought a jersey from nhl.com and the numbers were reversed colors. couldnt figure out what was wrong with it when i got it. just looked off. not till i wore it to a game did i realize the mistake. but same thing, it was easy to return

Trots19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to 385
Possibly OT, but relevant. If you take a blank jersey to get patched somewhere, would they be willing and able to give it the old school orange numbers/name?

385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 09:00 PM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
I don't see why not, assuming they have that color.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote