HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

New Jersey needs a puck moving defensemen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2009, 01:50 PM
  #51
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 63,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Corrente
Zubrus
Tedenby
Oduya
1st

for

Kaberle
Kubina
Ponikarovsky

Ponikarovsky-Elias-Gionta
Parise-Zajac-Lagenbrunner
Rolston-Madden-Clarkson
Shanahan-Holik-Rupp

Kaberle-Kubina
Martin-White
Salvador-Greene

Brodeur
Drop Zubrus and Poni and you have a deal.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 01:53 PM
  #52
Live Breathe Hockey
 
Live Breathe Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XParise9X View Post
We currently have 1.3 mil under the cap and obviously anything given with the trade. Biggest problem for NJ is getting enough cap room.

Propose a trade to NJ to give us a puck moving d for the playoffs!

Best Trade prospects
Clemmensen (once brodeur is back)
Gionta
Madden
Clarkson
havne't read the 3 pages on this topic, just thought i'd throw it out there if it hasn't been already'

would NJD be interested in the likes of grebeshkov? he has 3G 17A in is a + player. he is a RFA at the end of the year so you can continue to have his rights and isn't a rental

thoughts?

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:03 PM
  #53
kovalost27
 
kovalost27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Clemmensen
Zubrus
5th round pick

for

Kaberle
Joseph
3rd round pick

Ponikarovsky - Zubrus - Antropov line would be killer.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:05 PM
  #54
Northern Neighbour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens4Cup View Post
Ottawa really doesn't need Colin White, as we have Phillips, Volchenkov and Smith for our defensive D. I think Murray would part with Kuba straight up for a 1st round pick and mid-level prospect at most, and perhaps just for a 1st round in 2009.
Acquiring Kuba definitely wouldn't cost too much. Any team wishing to acquire Kuba likely would have to give up one of the three following options:

Option 1: 2009 first-round pick
Option 2: 2009 second-round pick and a mid-level prospect
Option 3: A top prospect (e.g., Cormier)

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:10 PM
  #55
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 30,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Drop Zubrus and Poni and you have a deal.
I would love to make that deal, but the salary cap wouldn't let that happen.

kyle evs48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:20 PM
  #56
Comparison Ford
i got a star
 
Comparison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant1r View Post
Clemmensen
Zubrus
5th round pick

for

Kaberle
Joseph
3rd round pick

Ponikarovsky - Zubrus - Antropov line would be killer.
Lou should take that deal and hide. Alot of hide.

Comparison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:21 PM
  #57
Comparison Ford
i got a star
 
Comparison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Acquiring Kuba definitely wouldn't cost too much. Any team wishing to acquire Kuba likely would have to give up one of the three following options:

Option 1: 2009 first-round pick
Option 2: 2009 second-round pick and a mid-level prospect
Option 3: A top prospect (e.g., Cormier)
No way Cormier is leaving. I think option two is the most fitting.

Bergfors and a 2nd for Kuba sounds good.

Comparison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:40 PM
  #58
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne
 
Brooklyndevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,984
vCash: 500
Wouldn't mind Corvo at all. But, not sure we could part with Zubrus at the moment if we want to a true contender.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
  #59
Northern Neighbour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
No way Cormier is leaving. I think option two is the most fitting.

Bergfors and a 2nd for Kuba sounds good.
Understand about Cormier, and I wouldn't deal him for a rental.

Bergfors and a 2nd is definitely a fair offer.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 03:25 PM
  #60
XParise9X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brick, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 608
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to XParise9X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
I would love to get streit, just not sure who they would want or what they would want...
Idk maybe Clemmers. They are down 2 goalies now, and with dipietro always hurt having a good backup goalie who can actually come through for them the way mcdonald cant would be really good.

streit makes about 4.1mil, so by the time brodeur is back lets say 2mil, we have about 1.7 so

Clemmers
madden? (a good defensive forward, would add more of a physical veteran prescence to the islanders)
+2nd rounder

? what do you think

XParise9X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
  #61
HoliksGhost
Registered User
 
HoliksGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XParise9X View Post
We currently have 1.3 mil under the cap and obviously anything given with the trade. Biggest problem for NJ is getting enough cap room.

Propose a trade to NJ to give us a puck moving d for the playoffs!

Best Trade prospects
Weekes (once brodeur is back)
Fixed.

No one should assume a time table for Brodeur getting to 100% and being playoff ready. That said, Clemmer stays.

HoliksGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 04:20 PM
  #62
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XParise9X View Post
Idk maybe Clemmers. They are down 2 goalies now, and with dipietro always hurt having a good backup goalie who can actually come through for them the way mcdonald cant would be really good.

streit makes about 4.1mil, so by the time brodeur is back lets say 2mil, we have about 1.7 so

Clemmers
madden? (a good defensive forward, would add more of a physical veteran prescence to the islanders)
+2nd rounder

? what do you think

I would think they would want young and cheap....Madden doesn't fit the bill and he's a UFA. Clemmer - Bergfors and 2nd might get it done

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 04:40 PM
  #63
Giggli G
Registered User
 
Giggli G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,343
vCash: 500
What do you guys think of this?

Mottau and Madden (upcoming ufa)

for

Grebeshkov, Pisani, Pittsburgh's 4th

Giggli G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
  #64
My Sweet Shadow
Registered User
 
My Sweet Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,667
vCash: 500
Ian White might just fit your needs.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 05:02 PM
  #65
Oggdogg17
 
Oggdogg17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringEvanderToTO View Post
gionta
clarkson
cormier


Kaberle
I wouldn't trade Kaberle to New Jersey unless it was for a package including Tedenby and a 1st rounder


Last edited by Oggdogg17: 01-19-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Oggdogg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 09:48 PM
  #66
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggdogg17 View Post
I wouldn't trade Kaberle to New Jersey unless it was for a package including Tedenby and a 1st rounder
Tedenby+New Jersey 1st this year+ either Clarkson or Cornette would be fair IMO, can't see Devils fans feeling the same way though. That trade would give the Devils a cheap all star puck moving D for 3 playoffs, and remove only Clarkson (if traded) from the roster keeping it intact. The Devils (with a healthy Brodeur) would be strong contenders in the playoffs

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:48 AM
  #67
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 19,225
vCash: 500
Niklas Bergfors and 2nd round pick '09 for Filip Kuba is an absolutely solid deal.

Having Bergfors under Alfie's wing has to be interesting for Ottawa.

britdevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:55 AM
  #68
TheHMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
Niklas Bergfors and 2nd round pick '09 for Filip Kuba is an absolutely solid deal.

Having Bergfors under Alfie's wing has to be interesting for Ottawa.
Ottawa would probably swing a deal like that. Bit of a longer term project, but he should be developed enough when Ottawa is going to need him.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:02 AM
  #69
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 19,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
Ottawa would probably swing a deal like that. Bit of a longer term project, but he should be developed enough when Ottawa is going to need him.
I honestly believe that Niklas would be in the NHL right now, if not for the insane depth that the Devils have on the wing.

He looked great in his first game with the team this year, he had 5 minutes of ice time in the first period and scored a very good goal. Why he was demoted to the 4th line for the next few games, I'm not sure.

britdevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:07 AM
  #70
Evilo
Registered User
 
Evilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: France
Country: France
Posts: 29,707
vCash: 500
With Gonchar's return, the Pens have too many offensive defensemen.
They still need wingers that can put the puck in the net.

Goligoski+low pick for Gionta and Bergfors?

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:31 AM
  #71
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 19,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
With Gonchar's return, the Pens have too many offensive defensemen.
They still need wingers that can put the puck in the net.

Goligoski+low pick for Gionta and Bergfors?
The thought of Gionta on Sid's wing is downright scary. I believe that would be a fantastic deal for Pittsburgh, but given the great chemistry between Zubrus, Elias and Gionta, I wouldn't do it (ignoring the fact that this would be an in-division trade).

Gionta is putting up a really nice season and hopefully if he is re-signed, he can keep up that stellar play.

I'm not sure how getting Goligoski to the Devils is possible, without giving up one of our roster players. I doubt Pittsburgh is interested in a prospect (Halischuk, Bergfors, Vasyunov) and picks, given that they want to win now...

britdevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 07:54 AM
  #72
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 30,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Goligoski+low pick for Gionta and Bergfors?
I actually probably would do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
The thought of Gionta on Sid's wing is downright scary. I believe that would be a fantastic deal for Pittsburgh, but given the great chemistry between Zubrus, Elias and Gionta, I wouldn't do it (ignoring the fact that this would be an in-division trade).

Gionta is putting up a really nice season and hopefully if he is re-signed, he can keep up that stellar play.

I'm not sure how getting Goligoski to the Devils is possible, without giving up one of our roster players. I doubt Pittsburgh is interested in a prospect (Halischuk, Bergfors, Vasyunov) and picks, given that they want to win now...
When it comes to straight shooting, Gionta is notorious for hitting the logo. He scored 48 three years ago by being down by the paint and putting in rebounds. Gionta is a good winger, but I don't think he's what Pittsburgh is looking for to go with Crosby.

Bergfors, on the other hand, could become what they're looking for.

I think both sides would bite at that deal, though.

kyle evs48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 07:59 AM
  #73
hockeyphan
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Tom Preissing and a 4th rounder from LA to the Devils for Andy Greene and a 3rd rounder.

hockeyphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 08:03 AM
  #74
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 30,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan View Post
Tom Preissing and a 4th rounder from LA to the Devils for Andy Greene and a 3rd rounder.
They both have 7 points.
Preissing is a -7 while Greene is a +3.
Basically, no.

kyle evs48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 08:29 AM
  #75
WickedWrister
Registered User
 
WickedWrister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I actually probably would do this.



When it comes to straight shooting, Gionta is notorious for hitting the logo. He scored 48 three years ago by being down by the paint and putting in rebounds. Gionta is a good winger, but I don't think he's what Pittsburgh is looking for to go with Crosby.

Bergfors, on the other hand, could become what they're looking for.

I think both sides would bite at that deal, though.
I know pittsburgh would? Could you guys comment more on Bergfors?

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.