HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2004, 04:08 PM
skoivu

vCash: 500
Question

Even though the trade dealine has passed can players stilll be pcked up on waivers?

I know if u try to send a player to the AHL they have to clear waivers first, I was wondering if players still ahve to clear waivers to go down after the dealine

Old
03-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoivu
Even though the trade dealine has passed can players stilll be pcked up on waivers?

I know if u try to send a player to the AHL they have to clear waivers first, I was wondering if players still ahve to clear waivers to go down after the dealine
After the deadline, a team can carry as many players they want to so most of the time, a team will not send anybody in the farm club and I think a player can be pick on waiver...as to be confirm by other people.

Old
03-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
After the deadline, a team can carry as many players they want to so most of the time, a team will not send anybody in the farm club and I think a player can be pick on waiver...as to be confirm by other people.
Good point. However, what about if they want to send a player down after the deadline to play in the AHL playoffs?

Old
03-10-2004, 06:46 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
Good point. However, what about if they want to send a player down after the deadline to play in the AHL playoffs?
I believe it can be done. If I remember correctly, Mike Komisarek and Jason Ward had been sent down to the Bulldogs last season for the playoffs... almost sure.

Old
03-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
I believe it can be done. If I remember correctly, Mike Komisarek and Jason Ward had been sent down to the Bulldogs last season for the playoffs... almost sure.
Yeah, but certain players don't need to clear waivers to get sent down. I wonder if Ward and Komi were among those players.

Old
03-10-2004, 07:01 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I always thought a team had a 23 man roster for the regular season and after the trade deadline it got bumped to 25?

Old
03-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophile
Yeah, but certain players don't need to clear waivers to get sent down. I wonder if Ward and Komi were among those players.
Not 100% sure but maybe Ward as to clear it but not Komi for sure.

Closed Thread