Notices

Countdown to March 4th. Trade deadline thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2009, 01:54 PM
The Sneak

vCash: 500
Countdown to March 4th. Trade deadline thread

Okay kids. What objectives would you like to see accomplished for the deadline this season?

- Are you looking for a complete overhaul? If it's not tied down do you want to see it moved?

- have you seen glimmers of hope recently and think we just need to tinker a bit? Get rid of some expiring contracts but for the most part we could do without the large chemistry change?

- Stand pat.

- Be buyers. We have a shot at the post season and we need a couple pieces to make that run.

Old
01-19-2009, 02:05 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Too early to tell, but I'm leaning towards "sell, Mortimer, sell!!"

Old
01-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Complete overhaul.

Old
01-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Ashe

Bottom lines over haul. Bring in picks and give some ahl kids a shot.

Old
01-19-2009, 03:41 PM
khlman
Pudgy Faced Killer

Perrin and Thorburn for a bag of pucks.

Move Schneider.

Old
01-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Boognish

Buy younger top end talent. Sell vets 1:1 for kids with upside. Draft picks are too far off and Peverly will come down to earth in 2 weeks. Getting MORE 3rd line guys isn't going to make the top lines any better.

Old
01-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Boognish

-Schneider will be sold. It's half the reason he was taken on in the first place.
-Havelid will be sold.
-Exelby should be, but won't.
-Reasoner will be sold

Not much in the pantry, I'm afraid.

Old
01-20-2009, 03:34 PM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
-Schneider will be sold. It's half the reason he was taken on in the first place.
-Havelid will be sold.
-Exelby should be, but won't.
-Reasoner will be sold

Not much in the pantry, I'm afraid.

What about Perrin and the rest of our team of 3rd liners?

Old
01-20-2009, 10:53 PM
thrashers=cup05

shcnieder, exelby, havlid, perrin, reasoner, christiansen, hedburg. I want to keep reasoner, but he is prolly one of our best assets.

Old
01-21-2009, 06:29 AM
Capa*

I only see 3 people getting moved at the deadline.
Schnieder
Christensen
Reasoner

Old
01-21-2009, 06:58 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I think both Schneider and Havelid are gone by the trade deadline. Both have good value, and should bring a nice return back. I think Oystrick is going to get a long look in the 2nd half to see if he is truly capable of handling Top 6 NHL minutes. We might get a decent look at the Skinner kid we got from the Isles, he seems to be the kind of defenseman that John Anderson likes to have.

In addition, of the forwards, I think Perrin is the only one who goes. I think we may see Reasoner get a contract extension before the trade deadline, I would like to see him stay, he is a very useful forward who could be used on any line if needed. He is similar to Dupuis in many ways. He has value, no doubt...but he has value on our team as well.

EC has been much better since coming back off the IR, I don't think he is going anywhere.

Old
01-21-2009, 07:25 AM
teme

Depends. If come March 4th the team actually has some kind of shot at play-offs, I wouldn't do anything. The coming UFAs will not bring much in return, and it would be way better for the team to finish the season strongly even if they won't make the play-offs. Even if it means a lower draft pick, this organization needs wins and the confidence that they bring.

If they are out of the hunt, moving Hävelid, Schneider, Reasoner and Perrin will bring something back. But Hävelid is the only one I would expect something of signifigance for, maybe a 2nd rounder. Trading Christensen would be pointless, it is not like he has a huge contract, let's see if he can stay healthy first and then produce.

Of the non-UFAs, Exelby might be of interest to teams looking for toughness, but he is a third pairing dman and the return will be proportional to that. I'd also expect DW to ask if there is any interest on White, he is producing and signed to a very reasonable contract. If some team wanting immediate help wants to ship back a young second line forward, I'd do it.

But it is in the post-season that Thrashers should be active. They've got plenty of cap room, and there will be a lot of teams looking to cut salary. Come next season, this team needs a reliable back-up goalie, a top three veteran dman (could be Hävelid), and one or two scorers.

Old
01-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by teme View Post

But it is in the post-season that Thrashers should be active. They've got plenty of cap room, and there will be a lot of teams looking to cut salary. Come next season, this team needs a reliable back-up goalie, a top three veteran dman (could be Hävelid), and one or two scorers.

We have that now and still suck. We need Forward Depth badly, Defense and Goaltending isnt looking to change for awhile and I like that. I cant beleive some of you guys want Havelid outta here. Extend the mofo for a year or 2, hes worth more than what we would get.

Old
01-21-2009, 07:35 AM
GetPucksDeep

A year ago Christensen was a player that buying teams sold at the deadline, and you think he's now someone buying teams would pay for?

I haven't given up on him and he does look better lately, but he has zero deadline value.

Schneider, Reasoner and Havelid are really the only assets with value.

Old
01-21-2009, 08:11 AM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetNoneIn View Post
A year ago Christensen was a player that buying teams sold at the deadline, and you think he's now someone buying teams would pay for?

I haven't given up on him and he does look better lately, but he has zero deadline value.

Schneider, Reasoner and Havelid are really the only assets with value.
While I tend to agree with you, you have to understand that the EC move last year was different than the standard deadline dump. He was traded for Marian Hossa. To get a talent like that you have offer talent in return.

(psst, dude! Stop railing on our dead weight. We'll never move him if you keep telling the truth)

Old
01-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Norm MacDonald

Schneider and Havelid are the two best assets, but I doubt either will return more than a 2nd or something similar.

I think Reasoner and Perrin will be traded, but the Thrashers won't be getting much for them. Exelby and Hedberg are definite possibilities, but I would say they are not as likely to be sold.

Old
01-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Tommy Hawk

Think Waddell will trade himself?

If not, I think that schneider and havelid will go for sure and maybe a few others. The new guys we got here in Chicago have been great so far. I think maybe perrin and reasoner will b gone as well and Stuart and some others will be brought up.

Old
01-21-2009, 10:16 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvesfan View Post
Think Waddell will trade himself?
From the rumblings I've heard, I don't think Waddell will be around for the trade deadline. I encountered a couple of NHL officials at the Leafs game, who echoed these sentiments.

Old
01-21-2009, 11:27 AM
teme

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCostanza View Post
We have that now and still suck. We need Forward Depth badly, Defense and Goaltending isnt looking to change for awhile and I like that. I cant beleive some of you guys want Havelid outta here. Extend the mofo for a year or 2, hes worth more than what we would get.
I meant two forwards more, and an upgrade over Hedberg, a kind of 1B option like Bruins have in Fernandez - Thomas tandem. Based on who is under contract and RFAs, next years roster looks like this:

C - White, Peverley, Christensen, Slater, Hopfazel, Esposito
L - Kovalchuk, Kozlov, Macharek
R - Armstrong, Little, Thornburn, Crabb
D - Hainsey, Enström, Bogosian, Exelby, Valabik, Oystrich, Kulda

That is too little experience and depth up front, what is needed are one scoring liner and a solid two-way guy with PK ability. Hypothetically and speaking of UFAs, for examle Pahlsson and Tanguay.

Defence lacks depth, but is also seriously unexperienced. Three guys with one season of experience and one with none what so ever is not good. Resign Hävelid and it starts to look OK, if not possible sign/trade for a player like Väänänen, Skrastins, etc. that is a defence first guy at minimum.

Old
01-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by teme View Post
I meant two forwards more, and an upgrade over Hedberg, a kind of 1B option like Bruins have in Fernandez - Thomas tandem. Based on who is under contract and RFAs, next years roster looks like this:

C - White, Peverley, Christensen, Slater, Hopfazel, Esposito
L - Kovalchuk, Kozlov, Macharek
R - Armstrong, Little, Thornburn, Crabb
D - Hainsey, Enström, Bogosian, Exelby, Valabik, Oystrich, Kulda

That is too little experience and depth up front, what is needed are one scoring liner and a solid two-way guy with PK ability. Hypothetically and speaking of UFAs, for examle Pahlsson and Tanguay.

Defence lacks depth, but is also seriously unexperienced. Three guys with one season of experience and one with none what so ever is not good. Resign Hävelid and it starts to look OK, if not possible sign/trade for a player like Väänänen, Skrastins, etc. that is a defence first guy at minimum.
I think you still have Colin Stuart under contract for next year as well as Lehman and some others in Chicago (besides Kulda). I think Oystrick is in the final year of his deal, unless I missed the length from his current deal.

Old
01-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
What about Perrin and the rest of our team of 3rd liners?
I don't think anyone past Reasoner has any value to a playoff team. Maybe FC for Perrin.

----------------
Now playing: Steve Winwood - Chronicles - While You See a Chance
via FoxyTunes

Old
02-09-2009, 06:44 PM
David71

sellers.

Old
02-12-2009, 08:34 PM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

I want reasoner back on the oilers third line

Old
02-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Too early to tell, but I'm leaning towards "sell, Mortimer, sell!!"

Old
02-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
From the rumblings I've heard, I don't think Waddell will be around for the trade deadline. I encountered a couple of NHL officials at the Leafs game, who echoed these sentiments.
The rumblings I guess will not come to fruition, again.....

Closed Thread