HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Now that simon's gone whos next... what does mcLennan mean?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2004, 01:58 AM
  #1
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Now that simon's gone whos next... what does mcLennan mean?

now that we dealt simon and picked up mcLennan something has to be up with dunham, we are not going to pick up a 32 year old back-up goalie to
A) be our starter
B) be back-up to 31 year old mike dunham who makes 3.6 million when we are retooling and can be going with labarbera to see if he is nhl material and when we have blackie waiting in the wings

so is dunham next to go? yeah we know rucinsky and barney are on the way out, but those 2 i can see sather holding until tuesday to see who will give up the most for them

malakhov, poti and de Vries are all in rumours but malakhov is the only one i can see being moved because he is a rental that wont cost much, whereas de Vries and poti will

i still feel something big is brewing and we all know sather wants a goalie and mclennan is not that guy, also the fact that we got josh green to waste some space here for the rest of the season?

could sather be working a barnaby, dunham, malakhov, and cash to the avs for moore and young goalie phillipe sauve who could be a starter and is a NY native?

just some food for thought

Janerixon is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 02:33 AM
  #2
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
now that we dealt simon and picked up mcLennan something has to be up with dunham, we are not going to pick up a 32 year old back-up goalie to
A) be our starter
B) be back-up to 31 year old mike dunham who makes 3.6 million when we are retooling and can be going with labarbera to see if he is nhl material and when we have blackie waiting in the wings

so is dunham next to go? yeah we know rucinsky and barney are on the way out, but those 2 i can see sather holding until tuesday to see who will give up the most for them

malakhov, poti and de Vries are all in rumours but malakhov is the only one i can see being moved because he is a rental that wont cost much, whereas de Vries and poti will

i still feel something big is brewing and we all know sather wants a goalie and mclennan is not that guy, also the fact that we got josh green to waste some space here for the rest of the season?

could sather be working a barnaby, dunham, malakhov, and cash to the avs for moore and young goalie phillipe sauve who could be a starter and is a NY native?

just some food for thought
Maybe there is a deal in the work, but not this one. We have Blackburn and Lundqvist in the system so why use assets for a 3rd goalie? I assume either Blackburn or Lundqvist would split time in the NHL while the other started in the AHL so why bring Sauve? He's not worth what his cost would be unless its straight up for Dunham. As for Moore we've aquired plenty of 3rd and 4th liners already. Moore and Moore might be cool but lets be honest - not exactly Sedin type talent where you'd like to match it up.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 03:26 AM
  #3
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,660
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
I sure hope we have some deal in place with a team like Colorado that is looking to bolster their goaltending...

RangersFan is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 08:36 AM
  #4
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Maybe there is a deal in the work, but not this one. We have Blackburn and Lundqvist in the system so why use assets for a 3rd goalie? I assume either Blackburn or Lundqvist would split time in the NHL while the other started in the AHL so why bring Sauve? He's not worth what his cost would be unless its straight up for Dunham. As for Moore we've aquired plenty of 3rd and 4th liners already. Moore and Moore might be cool but lets be honest - not exactly Sedin type talent where you'd like to match it up.
barnaby
there is no way lundqvist is going to see nhl icetime next season if there is hockey, he will be in the ahl one year at least to get used to north american hockey, so you can scratch him off the list of being a tandem with blackburn next year, and then blackie still has nerve damage and wont even take the ice until JULY... i am not going to go into next year with the biggest question mark being goaltending, we need a young guy who can play and is NHl caliber stuff... in that trade i propose we lose nothing at all barney is a UFA and you know he would be interested in coming back, dunham is garbage, and malakhov is a ufa its a deal that is worth making

Janerixon is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 10:06 AM
  #5
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
mclennan means that labarbera can be back down in hartford when their playoffs start so we don't ruin hartford's season

NYR469 is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 01:26 PM
  #6
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
barnaby
there is no way lundqvist is going to see nhl icetime next season if there is hockey, he will be in the ahl one year at least to get used to north american hockey, so you can scratch him off the list of being a tandem with blackburn next year, and then blackie still has nerve damage and wont even take the ice until JULY... i am not going to go into next year with the biggest question mark being goaltending, we need a young guy who can play and is NHl caliber stuff... in that trade i propose we lose nothing at all barney is a UFA and you know he would be interested in coming back, dunham is garbage, and malakhov is a ufa its a deal that is worth making
You mean that this management team will have actually learned from its past mistakes? You mean that Jackass will actually have more than two goaltenders the organization is willing to start at the NHL level? And that if one of them is hurt he won't bring up Lundqvist 6 weeks after coming to North America?

We'll see. Obviously, I don't have much faith in TLB right now.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 01:32 PM
  #7
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
barnaby
there is no way lundqvist is going to see nhl icetime next season if there is hockey, he will be in the ahl one year at least to get used to north american hockey, so you can scratch him off the list of being a tandem with blackburn next year, and then blackie still has nerve damage and wont even take the ice until JULY... i am not going to go into next year with the biggest question mark being goaltending, we need a young guy who can play and is NHl caliber stuff... in that trade i propose we lose nothing at all barney is a UFA and you know he would be interested in coming back, dunham is garbage, and malakhov is a ufa its a deal that is worth making
Fine. Then where will Blackburn be when Lundqvist is in the AHL. Splitting time with Mclennan. Good enough for me. Remember we want to LOSE next year.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 01:42 PM
  #8
Robertsson 4-ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wexio
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
barnaby
there is no way lundqvist is going to see nhl icetime next season if there is hockey, he will be in the ahl one year at least to get used to north american hockey, so you can scratch him off the list of being a tandem with blackburn next year, and then blackie still has nerve damage and wont even take the ice until JULY... i am not going to go into next year with the biggest question mark being goaltending, we need a young guy who can play and is NHl caliber stuff... in that trade i propose we lose nothing at all barney is a UFA and you know he would be interested in coming back, dunham is garbage, and malakhov is a ufa its a deal that is worth making
No chance I think is a litte drastic, I think maybe Lundqvist and Blackburn will both be backup in the NHL and starter in AHL, both needs more games, wich they get in Hartford, and they need more NHL experience, wich they get as backups in the NHL. I wouldn't be surprised if they split time both as backup and AHL starter next season. By the way, Henrik Lundqvist is playing terrific in the SEL playoffs at the moment, and is the strongest competitor for being the starter for Sweden in the World Champs, 'cause Stefan Liv have struggled somewhat.

Robertsson 4-ever is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 02:16 PM
  #9
nyr5186
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 2,702
vCash: 500
Blackburn has pretty much lost 3 years of development time. He needs to be the starter in Hartford for at least a year, maybe two, before I even think about bringing him up. Give him a goalie coach he can work with everyday (Richter? Beezer?) and let him get alot of games in. I think people often forget that he's only 20 years old. Most goalies dont even hit the bigs until 22-23 and dont become starters until 24-25.

I say sign Lundqvist, bring him over for training camp, and give him a shot to earn the #1 spot. If anything, he should be able to win the backup job. I dont buy the whole getting used to North American hockey excuse, especially since next year goalies wont even be allowed to handle the puck behind their net. If he can stop the puck, the size of the rink doesnt matter. Have Dunham, McLennan and LaBarbera fight for the other goalie spot.

nyr5186 is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 03:15 PM
  #10
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
no way is blackie going to be in the ahl while lundqvist is starting at the NHl level, its just not going to happen.

look mclennan is here now so we can try and move dunham and go with mclennan/labarbera split for the rest of the year. mclennan is not signed for next season so he is a ufa and does not have to necessarily be brought back. regardless of if its him or not, blackie if healthy will be with the pro-team, this year he was going to be the starter in hartford but due to his injury that fell apart, since the whole team is rebuilding there is no reason it cant be blackie and someone else with the pro team, be it blackie and mclennan if he is brought back, maybe blackie and sauve if we make a deal for him, heck maybe even blackie and labarbera but lundqvist will not be here unless he has an amazing camp and shows he is NHL ready which i just dont see happening

barnaby,
if we want to lose next year then playing all kids with a combo of blackie and mclennan or blackie and labarbera sounds about right to me, we will win some but we wont steal any games unless we get amazing goaltending

i just dont see anyway dunham is back next year, he will make 3.6 and and if we buy him out that will cost 2.41 million
players who are signed for next season
de vries 3.1 mil
holik 8.85 mil
jagr 6 mil
poti 3.1
kasper 4.2
total: 27.66 million

so everything really depends on who is still moved (de Vries and poti) and the cap and its number

i just dont see dunham here and it looks as if something could be brewing

Janerixon is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 03:50 PM
  #11
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
no way is blackie going to be in the ahl while lundqvist is starting at the NHl level, its just not going to happen.

look mclennan is here now so we can try and move dunham and go with mclennan/labarbera split for the rest of the year. mclennan is not signed for next season so he is a ufa and does not have to necessarily be brought back. regardless of if its him or not, blackie if healthy will be with the pro-team, this year he was going to be the starter in hartford but due to his injury that fell apart, since the whole team is rebuilding there is no reason it cant be blackie and someone else with the pro team, be it blackie and mclennan if he is brought back, maybe blackie and sauve if we make a deal for him, heck maybe even blackie and labarbera but lundqvist will not be here unless he has an amazing camp and shows he is NHL ready which i just dont see happening

barnaby,
if we want to lose next year then playing all kids with a combo of blackie and mclennan or blackie and labarbera sounds about right to me, we will win some but we wont steal any games unless we get amazing goaltending

i just dont see anyway dunham is back next year, he will make 3.6 and and if we buy him out that will cost 2.41 million
players who are signed for next season
de vries 3.1 mil
holik 8.85 mil
jagr 6 mil
poti 3.1
kasper 4.2
total: 27.66 million

so everything really depends on who is still moved (de Vries and poti) and the cap and its number

i just dont see dunham here and it looks as if something could be brewing
I agree, but young goaltending seems to be our one strength with Lundqvist and Blackburn. I would rather use the assets we have to move in a deal for a young player/prospect/pick. We have so many holes to fill that it doesnt make sense to me to package our assets for yet another young goalie. If you feel Sauve is a future franchise goalie then maybe you do it, but Im just as happy with Blackburn and Lundqvist right now.

I do want Dunham GONE. If we get anything of value for him I take it and run regardless of position.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 05:46 PM
  #12
Theoren Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatherExecutioner
What's the deal with Kasperitis, when is he supposed to be able to play?
I'm thrilled he's out now because that makes him untradeable. He brings so much force to the blueline, it would have been a real shame if we would have lost him in this firesale craze. I'm also a rather big Kasper supporter so take that for what it's worth...with Richter, Fleury, Leetch and Bure all gone, I'm running out of favorites of mine to cheer for on this team

Theoren Fan is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 06:48 PM
  #13
Theoren Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatherExecutioner
Kasparitis has always been a crappy defenseman.
Yeah, he was really killing us back there this season


Theoren Fan is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 08:58 PM
  #14
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
I say sign Lundqvist, bring him over for training camp, and give him a shot to earn the #1 spot. If anything, he should be able to win the backup job. I dont buy the whole getting used to North American hockey excuse, especially since next year goalies wont even be allowed to handle the puck behind their net. If he can stop the puck, the size of the rink doesnt matter. Have Dunham, McLennan and LaBarbera fight for the other goalie spot.
I think you're wrong about that. There is a real difference for a goalie used to playing on a wider surface because both the tactics are different and the angles are different. Lundqvist may very well turn out to be a special goalie, let's not waste it because we're in a hurry to see him play at the NHL level. There are plenty of competent goalies out there who could be had for little or nothing, there's no reason to rush now.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 09:16 PM
  #15
Davisian
Registered User
 
Davisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Endicott
Posts: 6,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
There are plenty of competent goalies out there who could be had for little or nothing, there's no reason to rush now.
I agree there's little reason to rush, but when rebuilding, there's little reason to hold them back also..

I'd be comfortable heading into camp with Blackburn, McLennen and Lundqvist (as well as Labarbera) each getting a shot to earn the starter job..

Yes, Blackburn's lost a year and Lundqvist is making a big jump, but let's see what they've got, then waiver time, there's always goalies available..

For once, all spots will have to be earned next year, including in net...

Davisian is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 10:02 PM
  #16
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
For once, all spots will have to be earned next year, including in net...
I'll believe it when I see it.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
03-08-2004, 09:12 AM
  #17
kazo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
I'm thrilled he's out now because that makes him untradeable. He brings so much force to the blueline, it would have been a real shame if we would have lost him in this firesale craze. I'm also a rather big Kasper supporter so take that for what it's worth...with Richter, Fleury, Leetch and Bure all gone, I'm running out of favorites of mine to cheer for on this team
You couldn't give him away at 3mil/yr never mind 6.

kazo is offline  
Old
03-08-2004, 09:18 AM
  #18
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
I've got plenty of players to root for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
I'm thrilled he's out now because that makes him untradeable. He brings so much force to the blueline, it would have been a real shame if we would have lost him in this firesale craze. I'm also a rather big Kasper supporter so take that for what it's worth...with Richter, Fleury, Leetch and Bure all gone, I'm running out of favorites of mine to cheer for on this team
Lundmark, Ortmeyer, Tyutin, Murray and now, Balej...too bad Blair Betts is hurt.

jas is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.