HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The HFBoards Power Index

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Karl Pilkington

vCash: 500
The HFBoards Power Index

Since TSN's index should be coming out tomorrow, and since its usually way off.. here's a chance to make you're own.. I'm only gonna do a top 10.

1. Detroit Red Wings
2. Tampa Bay Lightning - One regulation loss in the last 20 games, and they're in 7th on the TSN index....
3. San Jose Sharks
4. Ottawa Senators
5. Philadelphia Flyers
6. Vancouver Canucks
7. Boston Bruins
8. Toronto Maple Leafs
9. Dallas Stars
10.Montreal Canadiens

Old
03-07-2004, 11:50 PM
leafaholix*

Most dangerous playoff teams...

1. Detroit
2. Ottawa
3. New Jersey
4. Toronto
5. Philadelphia
6. Tampa Bay
7. Vancouver
8. Colorado
9. Boston
10. Dallas

Last edited by leafaholix*: 03-08-2004 at 05:40 AM.
Old
03-07-2004, 11:53 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix

1. Detroit
2. Ottawa
3. New Jersey
4. Toronto
5. Tampa Bay
6. Vancouver
7. Colorado
8. Boston
9. Dallas
10. Montreal
Philly???

Old
03-08-2004, 01:16 AM
st_roland

Quote:

1. Detroit
2. Ottawa
3. New Jersey
4. Toronto
5. Tampa Bay
6. Vancouver
7. Colorado
8. Boston
9. Dallas
10. Montreal

Colorado should be lower

Old
03-08-2004, 02:54 AM
-MrBean-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseTheo
Since TSN's index should be coming out tomorrow, and since its usually way off.. here's a chance to make you're own.. I'm only gonna do a top 10.

1. Detroit Red Wings
2. Tampa Bay Lightning - One regulation loss in the last 20 games, and they're in 7th on the TSN index....
3. San Jose Sharks
4. Ottawa Senators
5. Philadelphia Flyers
6. Vancouver Canucks
7. Boston Bruins
8. Toronto Maple Leafs
9. Dallas Stars
10.Montreal Canadiens

Dallas should be much higher. If you hadn't noticed, they are now firing on most cylinders, minus Modano and Lehtinen. If both of them start scoring too.... I feel sorry for whomever is goal against them.

They are beating teams by quite a few goals just about every game now.

Old
03-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:

1. Detroit Red Wings
3. San Jose Sharks
4. Ottawa Senators
5. Philadelphia Flyers
6. Vancouver Canucks
7. Boston Bruins
8. Toronto Maple Leafs
9. Dallas Stars
10.Montreal Canadiens
Your index sucks, Montreal is 7th in the conference, no way they should be in there.

Old
03-08-2004, 07:19 AM
50 Mission Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Your index sucks, Montreal is 7th in the conference, no way they should be in there.

Yes but his formula takes into consideration your own teams allegiance.

Old
03-08-2004, 07:23 AM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
They're 8-2 in their last ten games..they just acquired Alex Kovalev.. before you say my "index sucks" you should probably make your own so I can figure out why you think that. I'm sure yours won't be any better, considering you'd probably rank the Devils first (who haven't exactly been playing very great lately).

Old
03-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
They're 8-2 in their last ten games..they just acquired Alex Kovalev.. before you say my "index sucks" you should probably make your own so I can figure out why you think that. I'm sure yours won't be any better, considering you'd probably rank the Devils first (who haven't exactly been playing very great lately).
Montreal can be 10 - 0 in their last 10 games for all I care...they are still 7th in the conference and probably only the 7th best team in the conference, along with the fact Kovalev is out for 2 weeks.

Old
03-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Montreal can be 10 - 0 in their last 10 games for all I care...they are still 7th in the conference and probably only the 7th best team in the conference, along with the fact Kovalev is out for 2 weeks.
First of all, Kovalev is back Thursday, so get your facts straight.. and I know the Habs can be 10-0 for all you care since you're obviously upset that your devils didnt make my index... as I said before.. make your own index and stop whining about mine.. the habs are 3 points behind the Devils without Sheldon Souray in the line-up.. Jose Theodore has won his last 6 starts.. Mathieu Garon is there to pick up the slack when Theo needs a break.. Richard Zednik is on fire.. what is it about being ranked 10th according to their play during the last couple weeks, that you don't understand? the point of power rankings isnt to rank a team by points.. its performance over the past little while.. the habs have lost twice.. including a huge last second win over your devils

Old
03-08-2004, 07:45 AM
leafaholix*

Holy crap.

I just noticed that NJ didn't make your list! The Devils are easily one of the top 5 teams in hockey.

Old
03-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
First of all, Kovalev is back Thursday, so get your facts straight.. and I know the Habs can be 10-0 for all you care since you're obviously upset that your devils didnt make my index... as I said before.. make your own index and stop whining about mine.. the habs are 3 points behind the Devils without Sheldon Souray in the line-up.. Jose Theodore has won his last 6 starts.. Mathieu Garon is there to pick up the slack when Theo needs a break.. Richard Zednik is on fire.. what is it about being ranked 10th according to their play during the last couple weeks, that you don't understand? the point of power rankings isnt to rank a team by points.. its performance over the past little while.. the habs have lost twice.. including a huge last second win over your devils
I don't care about the devils not being on the list, I give a damn that division leading Flyers not being on the list. Care to explaine how they don't make your list.

You little excuss with Souray is crap....we have been playing without Stevens for alot longer and we all know who is more important to their team.

Old
03-08-2004, 07:50 AM

Send a message via MSN to 2112
Quote:
First of all, Kovalev is back Thursday, so get your facts straight.. and I know the Habs can be 10-0 for all you care since you're obviously upset that your devils didnt make my index...
JoseTheo not having NJ on your list is pure homerism...although they don't have Stevens in their lineup and they haven't been playing well as of late, they must still be considered in the top 5 teams of hockey.

When playoff time comes, anything can happen, as been proved many times. I wouldn't be suprised to see the cup in NJ again.

Old
03-08-2004, 07:52 AM
Karl Pilkington

6-3-0-1
Quote:
Holy crap.

I just noticed that NJ didn't make your list! The Devils are easily one of the top 5 teams in hockey.
Over the past little while? I don't know.. I was basing this on performance over the past couple of weeks.. the Devils are 5-4-0-1 over their past 10 games.. there are teams who have performed much better then them over the past two weeks:

1. Detroit Red Wings 7-2-1-0
2. Tampa Bay Lightning 8-0-0-2
3. San Jose Sharks 6-3-0-1
4. Ottawa Senators 4-3-2-1
5. Philadelphia Flyers 4-4-1-1 They haven't been playing the best hockey over the past little while.. but they still deserve this spot for the way they've been playing all season.
6. Vancouver Canucks 5-3-1-1
7. Boston Bruins 4-2-3-1
8. Toronto Maple Leafs 5-5-0-0 Brian Leetch gives them an edge
9. Dallas Stars 8-1-1-0
10.Montreal Canadiens 8-2-0-0

Old
03-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Darz

People, people, people.

When are you going to realize that polls like this are based on opinion. Everybodies opinion is different. If one poster beleives that New Jersey is a top ten team and another thinks that Nashville is and New Jersey isn't, neither is wrong.

IT IS OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112
JoseTheo not having NJ on your list is pure homerism...although they don't have Stevens in their lineup and they haven't been playing well as of late, they must still be considered in the top 5 teams of hockey.

When playoff time comes, anything can happen, as been proved many times. I wouldn't be suprised to see the cup in NJ again.
No one is yet to make their own list... homerism? I don't think so.. I make clear in my last post the exact reason why I ranked teams where I did... New Jersey hasn't been playing great lately.. And they're 5-4.. over .500 in their last 10.. but here are the teams they beat:Carolina, Florida, Buffalo, NYR, Calgary.. the only good team in that bunch are the flames.. and they're not a playoff team. The reason the I put the habs 10 is because they're 8-2 against GOOD teams. they got their wins from: LA, Pheonix, Carolina, Boston, NJ, Ottawa, NYR, Calgary.. the only bad teams they played were Carolina and Pheonix.. the rest are playoff bound are almost there.

Old
03-08-2004, 07:59 AM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
I don't care about the devils not being on the list, I give a damn that division leading Flyers not being on the list. Care to explaine how they don't make your list.

You little excuss with Souray is crap....we have been playing without Stevens for alot longer and we all know who is more important to their team.
The flyers are number 5.....

Old
03-08-2004, 08:03 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112

why are all of you freek'n out?
these power index are usualy based on 1-2 weeks of play chill, in the last 1-2 weeks new jersey wasnt playing well but other teams have been, the power index fluctuates weekly acording to performance, so relax!

Old
03-08-2004, 08:52 AM
ColdSteelOnIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
People, people, people.

When are you going to realize that polls like this are based on opinion. Everybodies opinion is different. If one poster beleives that New Jersey is a top ten team and another thinks that Nashville is and New Jersey isn't, neither is wrong.

IT IS OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong.

Old
03-08-2004, 08:58 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteelOnIce
Wrong.
Right!

Old
03-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
4. Ottawa Senators 4-3-2-1
5. Philadelphia Flyers 4-4-1-1 They haven't been playing the best hockey over the past little while.. but they still deserve this spot for the way they've been playing all season.
During that span they have tied and beaten the Senators, so those two should be flip-flopped.

Old
03-08-2004, 09:21 AM
ZombieMatt

Quote:
I disagree.

With Jose Theodore in net, and a decent amount of offensive firepower, I think the Canadiens are a terrifying first round opponent.

Old
03-08-2004, 10:22 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
During that span they have tied and beaten the Senators, so those two should be flip-flopped.
I'll agree to that. A couple of blowout wins against the Pens and Sabres doesn't change the fact that Ottawa's been stinking up the joint lately.

Other Dave

Old
03-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Youreallygotme

OMG....ifi you dont like someones list, MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN LIST

1.Ottawa
2.Detroit
3.Philly
4.Toronto
5.Vancouver
6.San Jose
7. Colorado
8.Montreal
9.New Jersey
10.Tampa Bay

Old
03-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
I actually like TSN's power rankings. They use a system rather than just going "omg, Avs rule" like ESPN. injuries are a factor, scorers are a factor. It looks at who would win in a seven game series rather than just who is at the top of the standings.

TSN's power rankings. :yes:

Closed Thread