HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Antropov to boston rumor

Old
01-20-2009, 10:14 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arde View Post
What are you talking about he is going for career high points this season with current pace.
Antropov is goalless in his last FOURTEEN games. He's a UFA at end of season. He is on pace for 23 goals and is -11.Simply put, he's cold as ice.

He plays pretty tough, but he's slow. If someone gives up a 1st for this guy, they should be fired.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 10:21 AM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
If Noke is the main piece in getting Antropov back I would kiss the ground Chiarelli walks on.
I actually would kiss it if when can get something for Noke at this point. I don't care what it is, just get rid of him.

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Antropov is goalless in his last FOURTEEN games. He's a UFA at end of season. He is on pace for 23 goals and is -11.Simply put, he's cold as ice.

He plays pretty tough, but he's slow. If someone gives up a 1st for this guy, they should be fired.
I wouldn't be suprised if the Leafs get a late 1st round draft pick for Antropov.

Don't forget two years ago Phoenix got a 1st round draft pick from Dallas for Ladislav Nagy.

I know from a Canucks point of view I'd love to get Antropov for a 2nd round draft pick and a mid level prospect but I wouldn't trade our 1st round draft pick for him unless it was part of a bigger package for Antropov and Kaberle.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 10:54 AM
4rde

Quote:

Struggling goalwise, yes, but i said he is going for career high points. To me thats still career high season and 23 goals isnt that bad.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 10:56 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arde View Post
Struggling goalwise, yes, but i said he is going for career high points. To me thats still career high season and 23 goals isnt that bad.
OK- he has SIX points in those 14 games. He's a rental who's as cold as ice.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
He plays on a terrible team. He has no help at all.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 11:05 AM
grabo84

Quote:
On a team thats also as cold as ice. He was extremely productive before this cold streak, thats why he's still on pace for career highs. Everybody knows Antropov has value if they watch the leafs, its not really a hard thing to notice. You can debate what he's worth, but big men like him who can score aren't exactly a dime a dozen.

I don't get the hate for Nokelainen, at least he's a body coming back, and he's shown at least a little scoring potential in his career. Maybe Wilson can motivate him and get him playing something other than a fourth line role. Most importantly he's young, so as a throw-in it's not too bad. I'd expect a first as well, remember that Burke likes to make a splash at the draft, so he probably wants some picks that he can spend to move and get the player he wants. More firsts only helps in doing that.

I saw Antropov as getting a first and prospect, so thats not too far off value.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
4rde

Quote:
I dont think that ice-cold streak will continue much longer.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 12:44 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt thrower View Post
I actually would kiss it if when can get something for Noke at this point. I don't care what it is, just get rid of him.
why?

not that hes gonna be a difference maker, but he he's a great 3rd-4th liner.

Last edited by bb_fan: 01-20-2009 at 12:51 PM.
bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
In other words, the other dude is still right.
Well, it's kind of hard for that to have been wrong, considering Sundin was captain throughout all of Antro's career, until this season...

Quik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 01:29 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
He plays on a terrible team. He has no help at all.
I have been wodering this for a while. I keep seeing how much each leaf is SUPPOSED to be worth. If they are all so good to be worth this much why are the Leafs so bad?

RDriesenUD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 01:37 PM
txpd

When I see Antropov I see a player TO fans have been trying to trade for years. I also see a player with no history of history of winning on his resume. He is not a player known for production at crunch time or playoffs. Not really what the Bruins want right now.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 01:42 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen16 View Post
I have been wodering this for a while. I keep seeing how much each leaf is SUPPOSED to be worth. If they are all so good to be worth this much why are the Leafs so bad?
Each leaf of the 3-4 that will be traded. The leafs have some of the best players available at the deadline, but that has nothing to do with team success. There's a lot of young players, and they go through hot and cold streaks. I mean, its not as if the Leafs started the season expecting to be cup contenders.

Old
01-20-2009, 01:49 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Fever View Post
If that draft pick was a first rounder then I'd do it.
I'm sure that you would. Realistically you can't expect any team in the NHL to give up a 1st round pick for Antropov though. If you do then you really need to take those homer glasses off for awhile and get some sort of reality check.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
I'm sure that you would. Realistically you can't expect any team in the NHL to give up a 1st round pick for Antropov though. If you do then you really need to take those homer glasses off for awhile and get some sort of reality check.
He'll get a first rounder easily.

Old
01-20-2009, 02:01 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
He'll get a first rounder easily.
I really don't think that is realistic return for a guy who's career high is 56 points and who has put up 5 points in 28 career playoff games. Don't get me wrong - I actually think that Antropov is a very good player but just not worth a 1st round pick. If Boston can get him for one very good or two good prospects and a 2nd rounder then I would be OK with that trade but if they throw in their 1st round pick ( regardless of where that pick ends up ) then I would be pretty mad about it. Of course if he ends up being the missing piece to the puzzle and helps lead Boston to a Stanley Cup victory then I guess that I could learn to live without a 1st round pick next year.

Old
01-20-2009, 02:07 PM
grabo84

I wonder if maybe you're valuing Boston's first a bit more than I am this year then. I'd take a very good prospect and a second over Boston's first, assuming a "very good" prospect would be somebody like Sobotka or Karsums.

Edit: Should clarify, I still think Antropov can get more than that at the deadline, just comparing value to the first.

Last edited by grabo84: 01-20-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old
01-20-2009, 02:16 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Should clarify, I still think Antropov can get more than that at the deadline, just comparing value to the first.

Oh absolutely - unless somebody comes up with an unbelievable offer then Burke should definately wait until the deadline. That is when GMs tend to make reactionary trades and grossly overpay for what they feel they need to make a playoff run or just to make the playoffs and save their job.

Old
01-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Strafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsabil View Post
Antropov is not overrated. Its just that Nokelainen is crap.
Sorry,I beg to differ. Noke isn't "crap" and has played well for the B's. He's was here in the beginning of the renaisance for the Bruin's and
shows some flashes of being a very useful player in any position that they put him in. He's a good tough kid. Atropov may not be overrated but...he's not a star either.

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Smif

I like this trade...Antropov for Noke and a 1st and I'm sold.
I would even consider Noke + 2nd + 3rd instead of the 1st.
If T.O. wanted to keep Antropov they would've re-signed him by now especially now that he's in a cold streak.
Antropov is as good as gone.

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:13 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
HTR is still around? Wow, I remember reading that in 2001.

Jason MacIsaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:19 AM
New Liskeard

Quote:

Because trading a first round pick for a UFA at the deadline doesn't happen?

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Jerkini

Quote:

He plays pretty tough, but he's slow.
Well if it's any consolation, it isn't a 14 game pointless streak. Antropov is playing like someone who knows he's going to get traded.
Quote:
If someone gives up a 1st for this guy, they should be fired.
I'm sure that's how a lot of Blues fans felt after the Stempniak trade. Look how that turned out. Maple Leafs turn to gold when they leave town, funny how that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
Sorry,I beg to differ. Noke isn't "crap" and has played well for the B's. He's was here in the beginning of the renaisance for the Bruin's and
shows some flashes of being a very useful player in any position that they put him in. He's a good tough kid. Atropov may not be overrated but...he's not a star either.
I don't know anything about "Noke" but I do know he has 1 assist in 28 games for the high scoring Bruins, and 10 points in 57 games the previous season. Now statistically speaking, that is as "crap" as it gets.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:27 AM
eraserhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
I really don't think that is realistic return for a guy who's career high is 56 points and who has put up 5 points in 28 career playoff games. Don't get me wrong - I actually think that Antropov is a very good player but just not worth a 1st round pick. If Boston can get him for one very good or two good prospects and a 2nd rounder then I would be OK with that trade but if they throw in their 1st round pick ( regardless of where that pick ends up ) then I would be pretty mad about it. Of course if he ends up being the missing piece to the puzzle and helps lead Boston to a Stanley Cup victory then I guess that I could learn to live without a 1st round pick next year.
Well, I know Gill got a 2nd, so...

eraserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:28 AM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
Well, I know Gill got a 2nd, so...
Yea, so Kubina is worth a 3rd or 4th at most.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote