HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dany Sabourin

Old
01-20-2009, 03:16 PM
caley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
not really classy of Edmonton.
Yeah, how dare they not make him travel across the continent to hang out in Edmonton for a few days before putting him on waivers and making him travel back across the continent again to either Long Island or Springfield. Really classless move, Edmonton!

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:17 PM
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
You must feel very proud of yourself - being the 18th poster in this thread to make that point.

Quite an accomplishment.
I'm sorry - didn't know it was a requirement to load a second page to check the responses of other posters.

oil slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:18 PM
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
not really classy of Edmonton.
you're not serious.

editops, someone else responded to this already.

Old
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman03 View Post
Could you explain the 30 below 'wet' cold? not being am ass just honestly wondering since I have never felt 'wet' when it was 30 below.

It is what happins when there is lots of snow and ice that gets melted by warm car engines over the snow and ice. Also people trampling snow and ice threw houses and stores. which melts and gets sloppy everywhere. It also happins when the temperature rapidly changes from hlow to high to low. You get slushy crap that gets blown all over by the wind.

all of this happins in Edmontion as well as anywhere else with snow and civilization. I've never been to Edmonton, hut I can't imagine they are any different then any other inhabitited city that gets cold.

People do dramatize it though. Like they always act like aslaska is so cold when in reality it's warmer in Anchorage then it is here in IndiANA RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF THE PACIFIC CURRENT.

Anyways back to hockey. NYI sould pick him up, but I don't see why they would. It dosnt get them any closer to Taveras. It doesnt get them closer to the playoffs. So what is the point. TReally the ideal guy for the Isles right now would be Dan Cloutier. I can't find a better way to get Taveras then that man.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Actually it's very nice today and has been on the plus side since Saturday the 17th. I really wish people would just put that persistent crap to rest. Edmonton gets 1 week a year of 30 below temperatures...and it's a dry cold unlike the winters out East.
On average New York, NY is warmer than Edmonton, Canada by 13F.
On average Edmonton, Canada is cooler than New York, NY by 17F.

I think maybe we have different ideas of what is very nice.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:23 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by option View Post
Ever been to Edmonton in the winter?
I haven't, but according to the news, Pittsburgh is currently in the midst of an "Alberta clipper".

It most certainly isn't a desirable situation to be in at the current moment, and if Edmonton infact has to deal with this on a yearly basis, I would be packing my bags.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:31 PM
voxel

1) Dry cold is different from wet cold. The coldest I've been was in western Ireland in the winter. The humidity + cold was brutal. Toronto at -10 with wild chill feels like Edmonton at -25C.

For those who know science... think of steam and how energy is released when it touches skin.

2) Shero can't pick up Sabourin and put him in WBS as Sabourin needs to go back onto waivers again before getting sent down to the AHL.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:42 PM
oilersfan87

Do the islanders really need another goalie...I don't think so.

He's gonna be a member of the LA Kings...

oilersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:43 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerichy35 View Post
hmmmmm i dont know? maybe islander fans who have seen their team's goaltending dreams shattered in recent weeks in a league where acquiring a goalie is near impossible do to salary cap restrictions...........just throwin it out there.
Labarbera - 7th rounder
Garon - waiver fodder, low end prospect, and a late pick two years from now
Bryzgalov - waiver claim
Sanford - waiver claim (that's what it would've taken, anyway)

Near impossible? If you say so.

misfit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil slick View Post
I'm sorry - didn't know it was a requirement to load a second page to check the responses of other posters.

As a general role, before sticking your nose into a thread and inserting pointless sarcastic remarks, it is often useful to at least read a few of the existing posts. Otherwise, you come across looking pretty dumb.

But, whatever.....

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoke View Post
If we can't send him to the minors without him clearing waivers what makes you think your team could.

Also if anyone claims him, then tries to send him down, EDM gets first crack at him.
Well then can't that just keep happening? Not saying I want Sabu in Pittsburgh but If Pittsburgh put a claim in for him and attempts to send him to the minors Edmonton can claim him like you said. And when they try to send him down, Pittsburgh can claim him. Either way I didn't propose the Pens do this. All I was saying was if they could get away with it, it would be good depth for the Pens (partly joking, agreeing with another poster). If he clears the Oil have some Goalie depth. Anyways I think the Islanders as everyone else has said will claim him. And as someone else has said, he will always steel two points from the Pens during Pens/Islanders games.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Lint07

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan87 View Post

wait... what?

Are you counting Rick DiPietro, Joey MacDonald and Garth Snow as Islanders goalies because those 3 can't actually play.

Lint07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman03 View Post
Could you explain the 30 below 'wet' cold? not being am ass just honestly wondering since I have never felt 'wet' when it was 30 below.
Humidity. A humid cold freezes a lot more than a non humid cold. All the great lakes/ocean area to the East makes for a harder winter in many ways.

Every single person I know who moved here from the Ontario region has said the same thing. The winters in Alberta while colder, were easier to take due to the lower humidity. After having spent some time in Kingston Ontario during the winter I fully agree. The cold cut right through the winter jacket I use in Edmonton. I'd rather deal with 30 below and non-humid than 20 below with humidity...especially when it's typically only a week of bitter cold.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:04 PM
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
As a general role,
you come across looking pretty dumb.
I'll try changing my general role. I've never really thought about what my general role is, although I admit I'll think about it now. A very profound question.

I normally do look down at the remainder of the responses, but your post was the last on the page as I said.

Old
01-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
I haven't, but according to the news, Pittsburgh is currently in the midst of an "Alberta clipper".

It most certainly isn't a desirable situation to be in at the current moment, and if Edmonton infact has to deal with this on a yearly basis, I would be packing my bags.
Excpet Alberta doesn't have to deal with all that humidity that surrounds Pitts. That makes a huge difference in how livable any cold snap is. If I had to deal with 20-30 below with high humidity you bet I'd be packing my bags too.

Old
01-20-2009, 04:08 PM
OntOilFan

Quote:
Yeah, it was +13 here yesterday.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
I think you completely missed my point. RIGHT NOW it's nice enough I haven't even been wearing a jacket outdoors today. People who make comments regarding weather without actually looking up what the weather is need to be a little more dilligent about their research.

The guy i was responding to for example...it was 0 in vancouver and plus 3 in Edmonton when I made that post. Surely the "Siberian winters" in Edmonton can't possibly be nicer than Vancouver from time to time could it?

The temperature average is somethign entirely different from what I was arguing. Though if you want to compare the average precipitation that would also factor into my previous post.

New york receives a much larger amount of precipitation and as such the winter weather is going to feel harsher than it does in Edmonton due to the humidity. You're right...we have very different ideas as to what is very nice weather wise.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled hockey talk. The weather report and recap of humidty in cold has concluded.

Old
01-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Caeldan

vCash: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Labarbera - 7th rounder
Garon - waiver fodder, low end prospect, and a late pick two years from now
Bryzgalov - waiver claim
Sanford - waiver claim (that's what it would've taken, anyway)

Near impossible? If you say so.
Gerber would be available free of charge as well.

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:17 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
dude the weather joke is a reference to what Bryzgalov said when he was asked why Pronger didnt want to play there.

Can you imagine!

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
Quote:
brrrr 8 Degrees and sunny today

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
dude the weather joke is a reference to what Bryzgalov said when he was asked why Pronger didnt want to play there.

Can you imagine!
Dude Pronger also lied about the people in Edmonton burning his rented furniture. It wasn't true either! Go figure...so no I can't imagine.

Old
01-20-2009, 05:02 PM
VelvetJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
Don't confuse people with Celcius.

VelvetJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
oilersfan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint07 View Post
wait... what?

Are you counting Rick DiPietro, Joey MacDonald and Garth Snow as Islanders goalies because those 3 can't actually play.
The goalie they have now (forget his name) is good enough for the islanders and he's not that bad actually..considering the guys in front of him arn't that good.

oilersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 05:08 PM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMacdonald View Post
Don't confuse people with Celcius.

That caught me off guard.

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Iommi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan87 View Post

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA

Iommi* is offline   Reply With Quote