HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Josef Balej--what's up?

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Sam I Am

vCash: 500
Josef Balej--what's up?

Does anyone know if and when Balej is due to start for the Rags? I've seen him play both in person and on tv and ynless I miss mt guess Ranger fans are in for a pleasant surprise.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Balej is in Hartford, I believe. I imagine it will take him a few games to "learn our system"

Old
03-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Shadowtron

From what I hear the name is pronounced "Ballet" as in the dance. In case anyone is curious about that.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:47 PM
nyr5186

He had visa problems, but I think I read this morning that he's close to getting that settled and might play on Sunday. There were some conflicting reports on whether he'd go to Hartford or New York, but I believe he's gonna stay with the big club. And so he should; there's no point of keeping him in the AHL anymore. He's ready to step in now, but had no chance to do that in Montreal. With the firesale in NY, there are plenty of spots open for him, and others (Moore, Wiseman, Murray, etc.), to step in and show what they've got.

Old
03-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Fish

It's pronounced like ballet, but more like BAH-lay

As already noted, he didn't get his immigration papers sorted out until yesterday but he has actually been reassigned to Hartford at this point so it doesn't matter. I guess there's a chance that he will be called up to the Rangers, but we'll have to wait and see.

Old
03-06-2004, 06:02 PM
NYR2

I thought JD said he was going to arrive in NY sometime last night and will probably play Sunday?

Old
03-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
I thought JD said he was going to arrive in NY sometime last night and will probably play Sunday?
He arrived yesteday, yes and he's actually playing for the Pack tonight against the Sound Tigers. They may call him up tomorrow with the Pack having the day off

Old
03-06-2004, 06:25 PM
NYR2

Oooh, ok, good to know. Thanks.

Old
03-06-2004, 07:33 PM
NYR469

balej is playing for hartford tonight..on a line with dom moore & bobby andrews

Old
03-07-2004, 06:39 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

i personally think we should be sending all our players down to hartford. stack the pack. win the calder cup. they certainly aren't going to do us any favors this season. we want them to succeed but not at the cost of operation: ovechkin. murray, love 'em, great. do your damage in hartford. see ya next year (hopefully). our hartford lineup will be pretty slick for this coming calder cup.
i don't think lundrmark or ortmeyer can play without clearing waivers.

Barbs & big valley in net.

wiseman-larose-balej
dusablon-moore-ulmer
murray-gernander-macdonald
stals-andrews-healy
heerema, g.moore

tyutin-jakopin
kinch-lampman
filipowicz-nycolat
weller

ps. i don't know what the actual line look like in hartford...

Old
03-07-2004, 10:48 AM
King Nothing*

Yea. Why start them off on a high note and give them a chance to perform at the NHL level like all the other teams do. Let's keep our youngsters in the AHL as we have done the last 78 years so they feel unwanted and damaged goods. I am glad you are not running this team, that I assure you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8
i personally think we should be sending all our players down to hartford. stack the pack. win the calder cup. they certainly aren't going to do us any favors this season. we want them to succeed but not at the cost of operation: ovechkin. murray, love 'em, great. do your damage in hartford. see ya next year (hopefully). our hartford lineup will be pretty slick for this coming calder cup.
i don't think lundrmark or ortmeyer can play without clearing waivers.

Barbs & big valley in net.

wiseman-larose-balej
dusablon-moore-ulmer
murray-gernander-macdonald
stals-andrews-healy
heerema, g.moore

tyutin-jakopin
kinch-lampman
filipowicz-nycolat
weller

ps. i don't know what the actual line look like in hartford...

Old
03-07-2004, 11:06 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
Yea. Why start them off on a high note and give them a chance to perform at the NHL level like all the other teams do. Let's keep our youngsters in the AHL as we have done the last 78 years so they feel unwanted and damaged goods. I am glad you are not running this team, that I assure you.

One player that I would like to see called up is Jeff Heerema. I know he has had a taste of NHL action before and he has good stats for the Wolfpack when he arrived and he has blazing speed. I hope he gets called up b4 the season ends.

Old
03-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Jayce

By the way, Balej played yesterday night in the Pack's 0-0 against Bridgeport. He had no shot on goal. Valiquette with the shutout.

Old
03-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Terryble

In the pre-game show tonight it was mentioned he may play for the Rags on Tuesday.

Old
03-07-2004, 08:57 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
you call a 7-4 drubbing by the Pens a high note? my idea of a high note is the calder cup. they should learn to win first. win a calder cup. learn to be champions at whatever level they play. we are trying to LOSE games here to get a chance at the #1 pick this year. if you actually read the boards, you'll know that this is what most fans want to shoot for. a shot at ovechkin. yeah, let's keep them in new york! then they can really learn our system. our team. our philosophy. hockey is different here.

Old
03-08-2004, 06:47 AM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8
you call a 7-4 drubbing by the Pens a high note? my idea of a high note is the calder cup. they should learn to win first. win a calder cup. learn to be champions at whatever level they play. we are trying to LOSE games here to get a chance at the #1 pick this year. if you actually read the boards, you'll know that this is what most fans want to shoot for. a shot at ovechkin. yeah, let's keep them in new york! then they can really learn our system. our team. our philosophy. hockey is different here.
I respectfully disagree. The best way for a player to develop is playing against top talent in the NHL, provided they are ready of course.
Playing for the Calder cup is nice, but there is no reason why you couldnt put them on the AHL playoff roster and send them down for the playoffs once the season is over.
You should use these last games to ***** your young talent and let them get a taste of NHL action. It would also help them in a AHL playoff run.

If a kid is more than ready to play in the NHL, there is no reason to keep him in the AHL as you run the risk of alienation.
Send him to the "A" once the playoffs start. Give them a look in the bigs in the mean time.

Old
03-08-2004, 07:28 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I say...

put Balej, Lundmark and Murray on the same line, let them get 15-20 miutes in ice time and see if some chemistry develops. Murray goes hard to the net, Balej has sniper talent and maybe Lundmark gets a chance to exploit his playmaking ability.

Closed Thread