HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Maxim Afinogenov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2009, 10:24 PM
  #1
Kman777
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
Maxim Afinogenov

A pick or a prospect or a roster player? I always liked this guy.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 10:42 PM
  #2
BronxBruin
Registered User
 
BronxBruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
I'd say probably a 3rd or 4th round pick at this point. His extended stay in Ruff's doghouse has all but killed any real value he may have had.

BronxBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 11:14 PM
  #3
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,714
vCash: 500
I think he could be a useful player for another team, he just needs to get out of Buffalo. That said, I agree with the above poster on his value not being any higher than a 3rd or 4th round pick. If the Canucks end up moving Raymond in a deadline deal I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Afinogenov assuming the asking price isn't too high.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2009, 11:49 PM
  #4
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBruin View Post
I'd say probably a 3rd or 4th round pick at this point. His extended stay in Ruff's doghouse has all but killed any real value he may have had.
He's hurt now (on IR), he did return to the lineup for some games prior to the injury.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:20 AM
  #5
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,812
vCash: 500
If I was Pitsburgh i would take a look.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 02:37 AM
  #6
Kiddington
heehats
 
Kiddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
Two goals in 34 games? I'd say not much.

He'll fetch some offers come July 1st, now that he's a free at seasons end. I can't imagine Buffalo has any interest in re-signing him, or he has any interest in going back for that matter.

If all else fails, a nice warm spot in KHL will surely be available for Mad Max.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:04 AM
  #7
clumping platelets
Registered User
 
clumping platelets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clumptowaga
Country: United States
Posts: 1,548
vCash: 500
I'd jump on a 4th rd pick if I were Darcy

Git'r dun!!!

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 05:01 AM
  #8
krt88
Registered User
 
krt88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to krt88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post
A pick or a prospect or a roster player? I always liked this guy.
He's an UFA who simply doesn't produce anymore. He's worth basically nothing right now. I said it in the summer the Sabres should have loaned him to a Russian club. If we got a 4th or 5th back I'd be thrilled.

krt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:31 AM
  #9
Hulk Hogan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,901
vCash: 500
To Sabres: Jason Blake, Matt Stajan, Ian White
To Leafs: Maxim Afinogenov, 2nd round pick in 2009, salary dump.

Hulk Hogan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 08:33 AM
  #10
HarriSateri
 
HarriSateri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
I'd take a 7th for Max at this point.

HarriSateri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 11:53 AM
  #11
sauce
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
I think he makes too much money to add to any contender at this point, and Buffalo won't take salary dump in return. He's going to be in Buffalo until July 1.

sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 11:54 AM
  #12
LeafsGetTavares*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Jason Blake's value, but a bit more.

LeafsGetTavares* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:00 PM
  #13
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce View Post
I think he makes too much money to add to any contender at this point, and Buffalo won't take salary dump in return. He's going to be in Buffalo until July 1.
Why wouldn't Buffalo take Salary in return? They are in 7th place. If they could add and UFA to be at a different position (Center, Defense, 3rd line defensive winger) then why wouldn't they take salary back.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:03 PM
  #14
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
How long is he out? I could see Boston being interested with Sturm out... I think he could fill in nicely.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:13 PM
  #15
sauce
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Why wouldn't Buffalo take Salary in return? They are in 7th place. If they could add and UFA to be at a different position (Center, Defense, 3rd line defensive winger) then why wouldn't they take salary back.
Because it would be bad salary, like Jason Blake, or Michael Nylander, or something like that.

sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:15 PM
  #16
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce View Post
Because it would be bad salary, like Jason Blake, or Michael Nylander, or something like that.
it doesn't have to be. the rumored Schneider for Max deal has us taking on salary, but just for this year.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:22 PM
  #17
sauce
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
it doesn't have to be. the rumored Schneider for Max deal has us taking on salary, but just for this year.
maybe, I guess.

sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:38 PM
  #18
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,447
vCash: 500
I could see the Penguins offering a mid round draft pick or your choice of one of our spare D-Men like Gill, Eaton or Boucher. That's about it though. Max has had a rough year between the injuries, being in the coaches doghouse and is ufa at seasons end too.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 12:55 PM
  #19
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I could see the Penguins offering a mid round draft pick or your choice of one of our spare D-Men like Gill, Eaton or Boucher. That's about it though. Max has had a rough year between the injuries, being in the coaches doghouse and is ufa at seasons end too.
Afinogenov for Boucher works for me

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 02:33 PM
  #20
miller3009
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hamburg
Country: United States
Posts: 119
vCash: 500
Max right now is worth a lower Level prospect.

miller3009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 02:38 PM
  #21
azntam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Afinogenov for Boucher works for me
Can the pens fit that under the cap? theres an extra mil coming back. how about satan for max?

azntam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 02:52 PM
  #22
AgentM
Registered User
 
AgentM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Allison Park, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azntam View Post
Can the pens fit that under the cap? theres an extra mil coming back. how about satan for max?
I suggested that on the Pens board. Their salaries are within $200K of one another so it will work Cap wise. Both are disappointing this year and could use a change of scenery. Also Satan had his best years in Buffalo, maybe that would rekindle his fire!

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:16 PM
  #23
sauce
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
I suggested that on the Pens board. Their salaries are within $200K of one another so it will work Cap wise. Both are disappointing this year and could use a change of scenery. Also Satan had his best years in Buffalo, maybe that would rekindle his fire!
There is no way on God's green earth that Satan is coming back to Buffalo. This is the guy that Buffalo didn't even qualify when he was a RFA after the lockout. Buffalo wouldn't take him for a bag of pucks, and he wouldn't report to the team.

sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:41 PM
  #24
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce View Post
There is no way on God's green earth that Satan is coming back to Buffalo. This is the guy that Buffalo didn't even qualify when he was a RFA after the lockout. Buffalo wouldn't take him for a bag of pucks, and he wouldn't report to the team.
They might take back Satan, but I doubt it too.

Who's the lesser of 2 evils though?

Max: 34 GP 2G 10 A 12 Pts

Satan: 48GP 13G 17A 30Pts

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 06:23 PM
  #25
Luceni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,657
vCash: 500
Max for a 6th or a 7th rounder. I would do it.

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.