HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FSOhio production is TERRIBLE! (All CBJ broadcast kvetching here)

Old
01-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Socks
Stuff and Things Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
I was furious tonight when the y went to commercial just as Boll and Lucic were starting to mix it up. the director should absolutely know better then that. You'd think they'd never seen a hockey game before.
To compare to the Boston feed, they were starting to go to commercial, but once they realized that a fight was starting up they stayed on the fight and then went to commercial afterwards.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 09:32 PM
odd brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeLeafer View Post
I long for the days of " ThankYouJimDay"...
Oh, we don't like Jim Day. He had... criticisms.

Guys, I've been spoiled watching the Bruins on NESN. Their production values makes FSN look like a local cable show. Say what you will about Jack Edwards and his homerism, at least, he doesn't try to blow sunshine up our keisters.

odd brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 09:57 PM
odd brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
To compare to the Boston feed, they were starting to go to commercial, but once they realized that a fight was starting up they stayed on the fight and then went to commercial afterwards.
They did. And we got a nice scrap out of it.

You just back up what I'm saying about how much more superior NESN production is compared to cookie cutter FSN. Not just the Jackets but all across the league.

odd brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 10:06 PM
stoney17

I am soooo sick of tired of Rimer. He misidentified at least four Jacket players tonight, didn't know who the bloody heck was winning the game on more than one occasion and seems to get lost whenever he is handed one the stupid promos to read.

Rimer has to go, NOW!!!

stoney17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2010, 10:40 PM
kaboomski

I've found Rimer and Davidge do a much nicer job when I have the mute on.

kaboomski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboomski View Post
I think I have said this before, but on 5.1 systems in some broadcasts unplugging the center speaker lets you listen to the game sounds but announcer voices disappear.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 08:15 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Picture in Picture is rather stunning also

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:05 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 2010
Rimer & Davidge do a solid job. Just one more thing for the gloom and doom patrol to gripe about. If you dont like them, then turn off the sound or turn on the radio. Now that they have these things called remote controls, it really isnt that difficult.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 11:14 AM
skimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Rimer & Davidge do a solid job. Just one more thing for the gloom and doom patrol to gripe about. If you dont like them, then turn off the sound or turn on the radio. Now that they have these things called remote controls, it really isnt that difficult.
You gripe about gripers a lot.

hypocrisy
[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
3. an act or instance of hypocrisy.

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
And I was born on the moon.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 09:12 PM
stoney17

Quote:
Very true, but if you have to watch with the sound turned off, doesn't that scream WE NEED A NEW ANNOUNCE TEAM!!!!

stoney17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pony View Post
And I was born on the moon.
Nice avatar, Moonboy.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Socks
Stuff and Things Man

I've decided to cancel my cable, so I've watched the last 5 or 6 games online to get used to it. Each time I look for a CBJ feed, out of habit, and I usually can't find one so I watch the opposition's. Other than not being able to see the interviews with our players I find I don't miss FSN-O one bit.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Happy Pony

So last night FSN cuts off the HD feed less than 5 minutes after the CBJ game. After tonight's Cavs game the entire extended (40+ minutes) postgame show was in HD.

Just as well though, I certainly don't want to see Rims in HD.

Happy Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 08:45 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
I wish I understood why FSN seems to ration HD as if it were some valuable commodity.

Why aren't all games in HD? In the early days of HD, I could buy that you might not have the equipment on hand for some games, but there are games that are clearly covered with HD equipment but FSN shows an SD feed.

Anyone know why?

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 08:59 PM
MFRONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalMouthPass View Post
I wish I understood why FSN seems to ration HD as if it were some valuable commodity.

Why aren't all games in HD? In the early days of HD, I could buy that you might not have the equipment on hand for some games, but there are games that are clearly covered with HD equipment but FSN shows an SD feed.

Anyone know why?
The HD feeds are all control by Fox Sports Net and their studio in Houston. They can only broadcast so many HD feeds with their current equipment thus it's why the Jackets are only in HD so much. When you have so many NBA/NHL teams playing at the same time only the best teams get selected (which is why the Cavs have every game in HD).

As far as I know, Fox Sports is updating their HD studio and should be able to show all feeds in HD by the end of this year.

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2010, 10:00 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
The HD feeds are all control by Fox Sports Net and their studio in Houston. They can only broadcast so many HD feeds with their current equipment thus it's why the Jackets are only in HD so much. When you have so many NBA/NHL teams playing at the same time only the best teams get selected (which is why the Cavs have every game in HD).

As far as I know, Fox Sports is updating their HD studio and should be able to show all feeds in HD by the end of this year.
Thanks! Glad to hear it's going to change eventually.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2010, 08:36 PM
NWCbusJacket

Front office still mad at critical TV coverage

It was in the Dispatch's Rumblings today. When is this crap going to stop?

Fire Hoepfner. Fire Gregory. Fire Mollohan. Oh yeah, Fire Rimer.

NWCbusJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:00 AM
61ncville

I think that the fact that this org. puts a strangle hold on the broadcast crew is frankly embarassing. The reason i say this is no fan in there right mind wants to hear how good were playing or how close we came to winning when were losing. Its a loss. And people are not stupid and to make the broadcasters sugar coat every loss with a bow around it is hillarious.

I am a big Cinn Reds fan and they have stunk for twenty years. But i keep listening to the games on the radio because the reds let MARTY BRENAMAN tell it like it is. If they make a bad play he calls them out on it. Give us a lil respect CBJ we arent as dumb as you all may think. And i think the drop in PSL is enough prooof of that.(MIKE PRIEST)

61ncville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:57 AM
aRussian

vCash: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61ncville View Post
I think that the fact that this org. puts a strangle hold on the broadcast crew is frankly embarassing. The reason i say this is no fan in there right mind wants to hear how good were playing or how close we came to winning when were losing. Its a loss. And people are not stupid and to make the broadcasters sugar coat every loss with a bow around it is hillarious.

I am a big Cinn Reds fan and they have stunk for twenty years. But i keep listening to the games on the radio because the reds let MARTY BRENAMAN tell it like it is. If they make a bad play he calls them out on it. Give us a lil respect CBJ we arent as dumb as you all may think. And i think the drop in PSL is enough prooof of that.(MIKE PRIEST)
Yeah, what he said.
I can't believe the ownership wants to paint a pretty picture out of something that is nowhere near pretty. The censorship is crap. Go blow smoke up someone else's bum!

Tell it like it is

aRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 02:03 PM
bluejacket74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61ncville View Post

Yep, I totally agree with this too. That's why a lot of people (myself included) like Marty. If the Reds are playing like crap, he'll flat out say it. Too bad the Jackets announcers can't call it the way it is.

bluejacket74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Firebird

I often watch CBJ games on mute.

Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Skraut

Jackets to go 5-0 during the Olympic break....

http://www.jacketscannon.com/2010/2/...tion-continues

Quote:
COLUMBUS, OHIO - While the Columbus Blue Jackets and the National Hockey League suspend play for two weeks during 2010 Winter Olympic Games, FOX Sports Ohio will continue the Jackets action. The network will televise five (5) unforgettable Jackets games from the franchise's history. FOX Sports Ohio debuts this entertaining series Tuesday, February 16 at 9pm.

Hosted by FOX Sports Ohio Blue Jackets broadcaster Ray Crawford, the series will feature memorable Jackets games, such as their playoff clinching game last season, Rick Nash's "goal of the year," and more.

The series schedule is as follows:

Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2010 9pm

April 8, 2009: The Blue Jackets clinch their first ever playoff berth with a 4-3 shootout win in Chicago.

Thursday, Feb. 18, 2010 6:30pm

January 27, 2009: The Jackets beat Detroit in overtime as Rick Nash scores all three goals.

Saturday, Feb. 20, 2010 6pm

March 20, 2003: The Jackets defeat Toronto 4-3 in overtime with Tyler Wright's hat trick goal.

Thursday, Feb. 25, 2010 12pm

January 17, 2008: The Jackets beat Phoenix 4-3 as Nash scores the "goal of the year."

Friday, Feb. 26, 2010 12pm

March 12, 2009: In this Jackets' 4-3 shootout win vs. Pittsburgh, Steve Mason stops Penguins Kris Letang, Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Fuzzy D

Tonight must be the debut of Jackets 3D because this "HD" picture is so blurry I'm going cross-eyed.

Fuzzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
We got the FS Ohio hat trick tonight:

1 game with **** picture.
1 game with **** sound.
1 game with **** announcing!

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote