HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Sharks Fans Are....

Old
01-21-2009, 02:28 PM
BrianSmith
Welcome home Stuey!

vCash: 500
After seeing how many regular posters here don't get to see many games, I am that much more thankful that my family is 1/3 season ticket holders for the last 5 seasons.

I love the tank.

BrianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Chairman Mallard
Sharks in 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlapper View Post
I'll take you out on a Man Date
at least make sure he buys you a teriyaki rice bowl and a cocktail....upstairs, before you put out.

Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 02:37 PM
eastbayjoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
Playoffs against Edmonton. 5 on 3 PK for the Sharks was the loudest, IMO.
I DEFINITELY agree!

eastbayjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Casey the Sharks Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennshark View Post
I was at this game also, I remeber the animalistic roar I heared as the puck was finally clear and was suprised to realize that I was screaming at the top of my lungs. Great fun.
I was at the playoff Blue's Sharks (i forget what year) game 1 when Nikko Dimitrakos scored the game winner in OT. The horn was going off for like an entire minute it seemed and to this day that may have been the loudest I have ever heard the tank and I was there for most of the big moments 5 on 3 pk, game 7, Pav's goal. You name them and that one still sticks out for me.

Casey the Sharks Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:50 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
I am yet to visit and experience it

None of you would sell me tickets for Chicago game , thank you very much!
Do you mean the upcoming game against the Blackhawks? What day is that exactly? I'll sell you my tix for face value if you want. I don't think I am going.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings ...

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Do you mean the upcoming game against the Blackhawks? What day is that exactly? I'll sell you my tix for face value if you want. I don't think I am going.
Damnit, DavidHuh ... if you don't take these tickets I'm driving to the city to give to you a size 13 boot up the arse.

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
You got two??!! I am about to propose to you, man!
January 31st, Saturday!

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Tennshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey the Sharks Fan View Post
I was at the playoff Blue's Sharks (i forget what year) game 1 when Nikko Dimitrakos scored the game winner in OT. The horn was going off for like an entire minute it seemed and to this day that may have been the loudest I have ever heard the tank and I was there for most of the big moments 5 on 3 pk, game 7, Pav's goal. You name them and that one still sticks out for me.
I remember that there was some talk durring the upgrades to the scoreboard,speaker system,ect. that a sound deadening product would be used on the metal pannels of the roof to improve building acoustics. I haven't noticed any change in volume of the crowed noise. Has anyone else?

Tennshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennshark View Post
I remember that there was some talk durring the upgrades to the scoreboard,speaker system,ect. that a sound deadening product would be used on the metal pannels of the roof to improve building acoustics. I haven't noticed any change in volume of the crowed noise. Has anyone else?
Last time I was there (December/January 07-08) it was still exposed roof deck. There weren't any acoustic panels up there.

Pure Rock Fury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 05:07 PM
poppap527

Get to go back to the tank for the first time since the WCF gm 2 against Calgary, on the 31st. It was an Xmas present.

ill be down in 128 Row 2.

poppap527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekrul View Post
hard to top the early days with Wing and Flame upsets, set the tone for the Building. I think a outsider doesn't realize how much this team means to the south bay. We are the largest population base in NoCal but don't have much that brings us together that we can truly claim as ours.
No...we have no clue, I am from Canada, and I just assume most southern markets are usually bunk, not knocking the fans themselves, but that there are such a small fan base because other things like Nascar, Baseball, Football and College Sports trump it...and if they are sold out they generally are not too loud...except Shark Fans, you guys rock that joint

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 05:17 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
You got two??!! I am about to propose to you, man!
January 31st, Saturday!
Yeah, but remember face for my pair is $198 total (99/each) (Section 110, Row 15, pair in corner club where the Sharks shoot twice). Is that cool? You can have them today with paypal and e-mail delivery.

Last edited by ChompChomp: 01-21-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old
01-21-2009, 05:21 PM
DarKarTs

Send a message via AIM to DarKarTs Send a message via MSN to DarKarTs Send a message via Skype™ to DarKarTs
Quote:
Yeah, but remember face for my pair is $198 total (99/each) (Section 110, Row 15, pair in corner club where the Sharks shoot twice). Is that cool?
No you must sell to me for 2 bucks a piece

DarKarTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 05:23 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

I wish I could give more away like I did in the past but I did that since selling Sharks tickets was tough just a short year ago, and I'd rather give them to people here than sell them to some anonymous person for way way way below face who could be a scalper just trying to flip the tickets [happens ALL the time with craigslist]. Now tix go like hot cakes, especially when you are like me and sell for face or even below face, and I'd be foolish to not sell them with the market the way it is for this commodity.

I was just thinkin' though, too bad I'm not single with these tix or else I'm sure I'd have plenty of female Sharks hottie fin-addicts who'd want to go to a game with me. When I was single, I was poor. I once took a young lady friend to a game, not sure if it was a date [we were friends/worked together at UOP]. It was in the nosebleeds for Sharks/Canucks, last game of the 99-00 season, the game when the Sharks shanked the game on purpose to draw the #8 seed and face the blues. Those tix cost me $40/each from a ticket broker ("SJ Sports Tickets" or somethin like that). I felt ripped off in several ways.

Last edited by ChompChomp: 01-21-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old
01-21-2009, 05:25 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKarTs View Post
No you must sell to me for 2 bucks a piece
2 bucks a piece if you go to the Sharks/Hawks 1/31 game with a t-shirt that reads "I heart Mike Haviland" and call him over to the seats when he goes into the stands to the watch warmups. (yes I can laugh at myself!)

Old
01-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
2 bucks a piece if you go to the Sharks/Hawks 1/31 game with a t-shirt that reads "I heart Mike Haviland" and call him over to the seats when he goes into the stands to the watch warmups. (yes I can laugh at myself!)
If I was in the bay area, I'd totally offer to do that just to steal the tickets from DaveHowdy.

Pure Rock Fury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
For $2? I'll do it.

Didn't expect the price to be honest... Wait for a couple of hours, gotta make some calls...

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 11:18 AM
DoubleMinor

Quote:
For $2? I'll do it.

Didn't expect the price to be honest... Wait for a couple of hours, gotta make some calls...
Its very worth it man, specially if its your 1st visit to the tank. Those are great seats ChompChomp is offering you. I usually sit in sec 106 row 12, just opposite from sec 110 so I know how good you'll have it. Do it man!!

DoubleMinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 11:44 AM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
For $2? I'll do it.

Those seats are great I am sure, I am going to the Coyotes game that Thursday and sitting in those seats (thanks to Chomp wanting an early pick). I will also be at the Hawks game with my 10 pack tickets, up in the 2nd level. I will throw stuff at you at some point.

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 01:21 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 662
Wait someone is selling tickets for 2 bucks? Where do I sign up. It's quite hard to get tickets for this team this year.

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 01:25 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
Wait someone is selling tickets for 2 bucks? Where do I sign up. It's quite hard to get tickets for this team this year.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=551624&page=7

I found some, not for $2 though

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Rock Fury View Post
If I was in the bay area, I'd totally offer to do that just to steal the tickets from DaveHowdy.
I'll do it.

Hell, I'll double the $2 and do it for $4!

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Seguins Dragon*

How big are the sharks in the actual Bay Area?...watching Warriors game (only cause no hockey is on and they are playing Cleveland...not a Cleveland fan but love LBJ)

Anyways...

They were talking up the sharks... curious, how big are they? how much does hockey mean to the bay area?... do you think its only because they are successful they get the attention? (what if they sucked, would people still care about the sharks?)

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:34 AM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
How big are the sharks in the actual Bay Area?...watching Warriors game (only cause no hockey is on and they are playing Cleveland...not a Cleveland fan but love LBJ)

Anyways...

They were talking up the sharks... curious, how big are they? how much does hockey mean to the bay area?... do you think its only because they are successful they get the attention? (what if they sucked, would people still care about the sharks?)
They arent "big" but they are hitting their stride right when every other bay area team stinks like monkey poop. This is gaining them talk and new fans.

What the Sharks have been doing and need to continue doing is promoting hockey at the grass roots level. Thinks like the street hockey rink they built as well as the multiple Sharks Ice locations are creating new fans of the Sharks and Hockey.

Hockey though, is very important to San Jose

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:36 AM
poppap527

Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post

They won 11 games their second year. out of 82. We as fans knew if we could
get through that then we will always have something to look forward too. Next year they made a surprise playoff run and i think that hooked many of the people who were still cautious.
We are a passionate bunch, and i think many people who decided to see what this tremendous season has been like by trying out a game have become hooked on the product as well as the Up-tempo, proud, and loud fanbase that the tank has night in and night out as his has since the move from the cow palace.

The team TV ratings are up now also.

poppap527 is offline   Reply With Quote