HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

It'll be interesting how we Habs fans react at the All-Star Game

Old
01-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Ghost of Saku

vCash: 500
I;m booing Chara tonight guaranteed

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:20 PM
MayorFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Oh come on. Nobody gives a **** if the East or West win, we just wanna be entertained
so booing is entertainment? or is entertainment seeing chara rip a 100+ mph slapshot? i doubt he'd be any motivated if he's been booed all night. anyways, if you paid for your tix, you can do what you want but i'm pretty sure the majority of people that are going there will not act like idiots on this night.

MayorFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:28 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo View Post
so booing is entertainment? or is entertainment seeing chara rip a 100+ mph slapshot? i doubt he'd be any motivated if he's been booed all night. anyways, if you paid for your tix, you can do what you want but i'm pretty sure the majority of people that are going there will not act like idiots on this night.

and if you were there we would boo you too..i love look like an idiot, my wife tells me every day. some people take being Devils Advocate much, much too seriously. Boys and girls go to the ASG and boo whoever the hell you feel like booing and i will still respect you in the morning !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:29 PM
C4KOMI

you have to be a fan of all the players in an all star game, instead of cheering for them being here
people gonna boo them
only in montreal.

C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Ghost of Saku

GREAT players get booed

Booing = Respect

Only in Montreal, folks

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Nobak

Quote:
Ummm, you just said that tonight will be even louder, so how is only "few people in the stands" if its the whole damn arena booing? Yes it will make us look like retards because the East is the home team, and were booing East players. Our players never got booed until we started booing other teams players, they just copied on us. I doubt you'd hear anything in TOR or BOS if it was held there. We have a habbit of doing it over the top here.
It's not like it'll be the first time a rival player is booed at an ASG.
Of course, there'll be people here on HFboards ready to bash Habs fans, but that's just because it's the cool thing for sheep to do.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:54 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
As long as our Players and Vinny get an Ovation I will be happy

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Actually, the fan reactions in Montreal are kinda like classic wrestling fan reactions.

Cheering's good.
Booing's good.

Silence is bad, really bad. Do something so that people can take a side.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Bill McNeal

Only people to get booed at the practice (which by all logic will have had more Habs fans at it than the game or the skills comp):

Chara
Thomas
Savard
Wheeler
Doan
Julien

Streit and especially Souray received great ovations.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Only people to get booed at the practice (which by all logic will have had more Habs fans at it than the game or the skills comp):

Chara
Thomas
Savard
Wheeler
Doan
Julien

Streit and especially Souray received great ovations.
That Doan thing needs to be settled. I really had wished that they would not have picked him or that he would not have come. His family is with him and him being booed is much more a problem than the Bruins or the Leafs. I wish he would have taken this time to explain himself once and for all and come with a real statement or something big so he and his family wouldn't need to go through this again.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Hopefully with class, were on display to the world! Even to Souray, I mean c'mon the guy went back to his hometown, nothing wrong with that.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater Ghost View Post
Hopefully with class, were on display to the world! Even to Souray, I mean c'mon the guy went back to his hometown, nothing wrong with that.
Again, as far as Souray is concerned, it didn't end too well. If they just decided to part ways like it was the case for Streit, maybe it would be fine. But the whole "they didn't think I was worth it" and "they decided way too late to show their interest" was a little bit not needed.

And again, people will need to understand that people in Montreal needs to battle a Leclair syndrom here...players that leaves and suddenly looks much better elsewhere....so people boo 'cause they're frustrated. Not saying it's fine, just saying why it could happen.

As far as class is concerned, well honestly, we pretty much know that the crowd is not the classiest crowd of the bunch.

Old
01-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater Ghost View Post
As mentioned, in practice Souray received one of the biggest ovations of non-Habs (after Lecavalier).

Unless the boo-birds only come out at night, I wouldn't expect anything different at the skills competition and the game.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
As mentioned, in practice Souray received one of the biggest ovations of non-Habs (after Lecavalier).

Unless the boo-birds only come out at night, I wouldn't expect anything different at the skills competition and the game.
I really really miss Souray....

Not only for the PP but the toughness and the leadership are undeniable. I hope people recognize it and be mad at other people than him....Same for Streit and the rest of the ex-habs.

Bruins and Leafs....well that's part of the game....

Eating crow as we speak....really thought we would've booed our ex-habs and Doan....Though we do boo Bruins and Leafs which is fine by me....though I could have done without booing Wheeler and Schenn.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-24-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old
01-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Eating crow as we speak....really thought we would've booed our ex-habs and Doan....Though we do boo Bruins and Leafs which is fine by me....though I could have done without booing Wheeler and Schenn.
id take souray back if he wants to come back before he retires be good to see him retire a hab

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:41 PM
MayorFord

it wasnt that obvious boos. maybe 25% booed the bruins, yet at times they cheered them on.

MayorFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
it wasnt that obvious boos. maybe 25% booed the bruins, yet at times they cheered them on.
let wait till they play the game

Old
01-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Looks like Montreal was pretty class after all.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:54 PM
JaymzB

God, this was so overblown. All ex-Habs (especially Souray) got a real nice ovation. Doan didn't garner any different reaction, and Bruin/Leafs getting booed is all part of the fun that is a rivalry. This whole "Montreal fans are sooooo classless" is completely idiotic. I can remember Pittsburgh fans booing flyer in 1990, and Chicago fans booing Wings at their All-star games (Not to mention the year it was in Philly, when they pretty much booed every single player from another Patrick Division team).

JaymzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 10:48 PM
chuckdobbins

im not surprised that a few guys were jeered rather than cheered. i dont think it means anything in terms of the character of the crowd, any city would do the same to their rival. its not a huge deal

i did think it was great to see the reaction to chara winning the hardest shot. lots of cheering and gasping, and he thanked montreal right back. even myself as a bruins fan will admit that montreal is a world class hockey city, first and foremost, and you all respect good hockey when you see it.

cant wait to see the game tomorrow!

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
im not surprised that a few guys were jeered rather than cheered. i dont think it means anything in terms of the character of the crowd, any city would do the same to their rival. its not a huge deal

i did think it was great to see the reaction to chara winning the hardest shot. lots of cheering and gasping, and he thanked montreal right back. even myself as a bruins fan will admit that montreal is a world class hockey city, first and foremost, and you all respect good hockey when you see it.

cant wait to see the game tomorrow!
The players presentation for this even was funny,

Streit : Yaaaaaaaay
Weber : Yay
Komisarek : Yaaaaaay
Lecavalier : Yaaaaaaaay
Souray : Yaaaaaaaay
Chara : Boooooooooooooo

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:11 PM
hopkinsj31

They were cheering Chara nicely after he blitzed the 105.4 rocket to win the hardest shot competition. I was very surprised, but it was nice to see/hear.

hopkinsj31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsj31 View Post
They were cheering Chara nicely after he blitzed the 105.4 rocket to win the hardest shot competition. I was very surprised, but it was nice to see/hear.
unless there is another allstar game with him in it( in Montreal) in the next 6 ot 7 years, then i think it safe to say that will be the only time he gets cheered in Montreal .

Old
01-25-2009, 08:42 AM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
when he was introducing the players michel lacroix gave a few extra seconds to lecavalier so he could get an ovation by the public.

he got the loudest cheers out of everyone

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 09:40 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
unless there is another allstar game with him in it( in Montreal) in the next 6 ot 7 years, then i think it safe to say that will be the only time he gets cheered in Montreal .
I love your avatar

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote