HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Mike Glumac /Yanick Lehoux get a call up?

Old
01-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Will Mike Glumac /Yanick Lehoux get a call up?

Mike Glumac /Yanick Lehoux will either of these guys get the call up this year to Montreal? Both are putting up some good numbers down on the farm .

Noticed Glumac 18 goals /10 have come on the power play .

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/stats

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Well I would really see both of them show what they can do with the team. Though if it comes to that point, that will mean that we're seriously again caught with injuries and that might not be the good news. Still, both guys did enough to deserved being called up. Though, depending of what you need, I always thought that Glumac was signed so he could be amongst the first callups. As far as the centerman position is concerned, it's probably that they've seen Maxwell enough for this year and that besides Chipchura is a centerman is needed, Lehoux is next.

And Glumac fits the profile of a good 4th liner.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:19 PM
ti-vite

I think Lehoux needs to clear waivers?

Glumac would be far down the list I think, but maybe the next call-up after all the guys already called up.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

doubt it unless the injury bug goes from bad to nightmarish.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Toro

Lehoux has been very consistant this season. He is a decent temporary replacement for an offensive center in Montreal after the trade deadline(no other way to acquire a center) if we needed a fill in due to injury. He is underrated cause of his age and cause there wasn't a lot(NHL Ability) expected from him but i think he could provide temporary stability or an inspired run in the playoff's, cause of the opportunity.

Glumac, has progressed throughout the season so far but is not as good as the others Bob has already called up.

also i want to say that after the deadline i expect this team to have a little less depth.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Lehoux has been very consistant this season. He is a decent temporary replacement for an offensive center in Montreal after the trade deadline(no other way to acquire a center) if we needed a fill in due to injury. He is underrated cause of his age and cause there wasn't a lot(NHL Ability) expected from him but i think he could provide temporary stability or an inspired run in the playoff's, cause of the opportunity.

Glumac, has progressed throughout the season so far but is not as good as the others Bob has already called up.

also i want to say that after the deadline i expect this team to have a little less depth.
Mike Glumac trade rumour?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
Mike Glumac trade rumour?

LOL

I mean Some of the forwards on Montreal and or some players in Hamilton will be traded by the deadline.

Bob will improve this team. BY either getting a Top defenceman like J. Bo or the Vinny type thing, or maybe a middle of the road defenceman like Kaberle or whatever.

The fact remains is that deals or a Big Deal will happen and there is no doubt some depth will be moved to acquire Bob's newcomers.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Mike Glumac /Yanick Lehoux will either of these guys get the call up this year to Montreal? Both are putting up some good numbers down on the farm .

i would just like to say i was the 1st one to say how glumac's a solid player but u guys just laughed at me and said gtfo noob

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
i would just like to say i was the 1st one to say how glumac's a solid player but u guys just laughed at me and said gtfo noob
I don't remember

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

It seems like Lehoux and Glumac may have picked the wrong organization to join. If getting back to the NHL was a priority for them. The Habs have been so relentless in their promotion of young players... you wouldn't see that in too many organizations, guys like Lehoux or Glumac probably *would* have been recalled instead of a Maxwell or Stewart or Pacioretty in a lot of places.

I think the internet hockey geek world has begged for years for that kind of approach! It kind of boggles my mind to actually see it happening so consistently, almost ruthlessly. But you know what, it's those young players who we will need down the road, they are the guys who have a chance to have a lasting effect on the team's success, and it's nice to give them a taste of NHL action and some NHL salary to keep them hungry and happy and on track. You can always get more minor league gunslingers like Lehoux and Glumac if they end up being miffed at not being recalled. And in the meantime, having their contributions helps keep the AHL team winning too, which is also a healthy environment for the development of our young players (so long as there aren't so many gunslingers around that they block the sun down there).

It's pretty much a perfect approach AFAIC. When people tally up Gainey's successes and failures, the organizational development system he has overseen, from the scouting of Timmins' group, up through Lever's work in Hamilton, and the big club's willingness to play these kids, well... that's gotta be the biggest feather in his cap, doesn't it?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

nope

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:11 PM
wolfinhabsclothing

I think both guys have had "cups of coffee" in the NHL with other organizations and have now been branded career minor leaguers. That's not to say that they won't play the odd game for the Habs if the injury bug re-emerges, but I would look for the Habs to focus on guys they see being part of the organization long-term, as opposed to these two, who are journeymen, and were signed to beef up Hamilton, not the Habs.

Bascially they are Corey Locke and Duncan Milroy - how much playing time did they get in Montreal? Not to mention the Habs weren't as strong/deep when those guys were around as they are now.

wolfinhabsclothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:43 PM
TheCH*

Lehoux has put up nice numbers in the ahl over the years. Wonder why he was never really given much of a shot a the nhl?

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
The NHL won't allow us to call up Mike Glumac. It wouldn't be good for the product if the Canadiens won every single game.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 03:50 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:

Not a chance. Habs are interested in their young prospects at this time, either to see what might be available for call up or trade throw in. They are are getting all the opportunity to play & develop. This is the case for both the defense (they have dressed 8 dmen the last few games) and forward position. I don't see them doing anything different going forward regardless of how good a season anyone else is having

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote