HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Msg Network...

Old
01-21-2009, 11:52 PM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
I wish they'd show more FLASHBACKS, I love those.

Getting rid of Sportsdesk was ??????

and they really need to go back to this intro

I didn't even mention are the production problems, audio issues, and the camera always seems like it was a dark lense on or something, picture is just dark.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Guys like Trautwig and Gianonne needs to go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
Cmon.. those are good commercials
What? I can't stand that bald dude... whenever one of those commericals comes on = instant mute

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Hollywood163

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Guys like Trautwig and Gianonne needs to go away.
Hey... Al Trautwig posts on this board... Arguably the best poster on HF

Hollywood163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 01:02 AM
The Grinder
No Respect

I actually like Rosen. Like it when he calls football games too. But Joe is Captain Obvious way to many times during a broadcast.

Chico is well he is Chico, you shake your head at him just as much as he makes you laugh so i guess its even.

The Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 01:13 AM
OverTheCap

Doc and Chico wouldn't be so bad if their voices weren't so irritating. Something about Chico's voice reminds me of a male version of Sarah Palin's voice. I can picture him saying "You betcha, Doc" in the same accent as Palin.

Doc's voice is like a shreiking, demented homeless lady. ELIASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

But the actual substance of their commentary is pretty decent. Sam and Joe tend to have some corny jokes and seem awkward at times. I think they are still trying to get used to each other.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 04:01 AM
Camenzuli

This is a longshot and I'm about 150% sure the answer is no but does anyone know if there is ANY chance of getting MSG Network in Europe?

Camenzuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Jersey Girl

The Good:

- The HD picture on DirecTV is spectacular. Amazing.

- They do a good job with shows like Hockey Night Live

- Al Trautwig adds a lot when he's reporting from rinkside

- Dave Maloney adds even more the few times they've used him in addition to Sam and Joe

- I like Sam Rosen. Sure, he's no Jim Hughson or Chris Cuthbert. Heck, he's not even Doc Emrick or John Kelly. But I grew up listening to him, and to me he is the voice of the Rangers

The Bad:

- The audio is terrible. Watch a game on VS or NBC, and the Garden sounds alive, electric. ON MSG it sounds like a library.

- Why no scores during the game? None whatsoever, it's like a sports blackout or something. Are they afraid you'll change the channel?

- Micheletti is not good. Too much analysis like 'They just go, don't they?' or 'They just shoot from everywhere, don't they?'. There are some really good analysts out there like Greg Millen and Craig Simpson (Hockey Night in Canada), Drew Remenda (Sharks), Daryl Reaugh (Stars), Ed Olczyk (Blackhawks), Harry Neale (Sabres), and even Stanley Eyebrows. The Rangers should bring in Pierre McGuire for the job. We deserve a good analyst.

- Every game should be in HD

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 09:46 AM
ap215

My only gripe with Cablevision on MSG the constant repeats they show over and over like the greatest moments on MSG and repeats of MSG NY etc, i wish they would add some new additional programs for once.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Poozer

I like the MSG coverage... I hate listening to Versus and especially to NBC.

Admittedly I miss JD, he was the greatest. Sam is getting old, its true, but as another poster said, he is who I grew up hearing calling the games, and so I like hearing him call the games.

My friend and I do play the game of how many things can we say that Sam and Joe say about 15 seconds later... usually we're pretty good at it.

Poozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:21 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Irks me to no end that they would put the Devils in Columbus on MSG+HD, but put the team they own and plays at MSG on MSG2 with the worst feed ever. Not to mention it was an original six matchup on a Friday night in Chicago, a venue they haven't been to in 3 years.

And its happened more than once, even if the Rangers are on the road and the Devils are at home, it still doesnt make sense to me.

Why they favor the Devils over the Rangers is absurd, I've asked them if its a contractual agreement and never received a response.

Mind boggling.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:27 AM
nyrmetros

The audio on MSG is the worst.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I'd say the Devils duo is far more guilty of that...
I'll give you Chico, he's a big time homer. I wouldn't say he's worse than Michaletti. They're different in their homerisms, and that's really just a matter of opinion as I'm sure opposing fanbases hate each one.

As for Doc, well yea he makes Brodeur saves sound exciting... but he does it for the other team's goalie too. Doc does his best to make every play exciting, and is one of the reasons he's good at what he does.

My friend Adam is a hardcore ranger fan. And during the Olympics a couple years ago, he was watching water polo - which Doc was doing the play by play. His response "I hate him so much. He made that game so exciting. Doc Emerik made water polo exciting! Everytime I heard him, I thought of the Devils."

Doc is a very unbiased commentator. I refuse to accept any statements otherwise. He quite often calls out Chico for being a homer, and makes his opinion stand if he thinks a wrong call was issued. You don't like the sound of his voice? Fine. But he's extremely talented and professional individual. I often try to look for bias in the media, and Doc is not the issue in that regard.

As far as what I don't like, I don't like the sound quality. I also find non-HD games to be horrible quality visually (even on a regular TV). My dad has Direct TV, and he doesn't get ANY MSG games in HD. MSG + HD works well, which works for him as a Devil fan. They said there might be an "element on the dish" causing the problem, and they could send someone out there to fix it. Which is complete B.S., cause how is it effecting that one channel? And what "element?"

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:33 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Oh, and bring back the old intro, but spruce it up.

The new drum and guitar intro sucks.

Gotta have a sax in there.

Old
01-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Irks me to no end that they would put the Devils in Columbus on MSG+HD, but put the team they own and plays at MSG on MSG2 with the worst feed ever..
I noticed that too. But whatever, MSG Network owns both teams' rights now. In that regard, they should be on a level playing field.

Old
01-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
The audio on MSG is terrible. Always lower than any other hockey network.
And why does someone in the production booth crank the volume DOWN when the Rangers score?

Did anyone notice the goal song was pumped right through the board on the first Rangers goal 2 nights ago, as opposed to having a mic pick up the actual sound inside the Garden?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:37 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post

- Micheletti is not good. Too much analysis like 'They just go, don't they?' or 'They just shoot from everywhere, don't they?'. There are some really good analysts out there like Greg Millen and Craig Simpson (Hockey Night in Canada), Drew Remenda (Sharks), Daryl Reaugh (Stars), Ed Olczyk (Blackhawks), Harry Neale (Sabres), and even Stanley Eyebrows. The Rangers should bring in Pierre McGuire for the job. We deserve a good analyst.
Agree Micheletti is starting to get on my nerves... but hes not terrible.

But PLEASE dont say youd rather have Olczyk or especially that ****** - bag Pierre McGuire up there with Sam... God that would be terrible.

Old
01-22-2009, 10:38 AM
ThirdEye

I thought I had just about enough of Michelletti, but I'd take him any day of the week over having to listen to 2 hours of Resch's pretentious and smug commentary. But that isn't saying much obviously.

I'm OK with Rosen. Yeah he's getting old, but I'd still take him over many of the clowns on other networks.

I also agree that the audio is terrible.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Elite Swede

OH BABY!

Miss him and wish him the best of luck in St. Louis.

AND IM A DEVILS FAN

Elite Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:48 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
And why does someone in the production booth crank the volume DOWN when the Rangers score?

Did anyone notice the goal song was pumped right through the board on the first Rangers goal 2 nights ago, as opposed to having a mic pick up the actual sound inside the Garden?
ditto

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Swede View Post
OH BABY!

Miss him and wish him the best of luck in St. Louis.

AND IM A DEVILS FAN
yea JD was the man. I loved it when him and Doc would team up. Two of the best at what they do, IMO

Old
01-22-2009, 11:20 AM
allstar3970

Rosen is still great in my opinion.

Michiletti...not unbearable, but we can do MUCH better. In fact, i'd rather have Maloney in the booth with Sam maybe?

Emrick is probably the best local straight up play by play guy to me.

Im really finding Al more annoying by the day, his interviews are AWFUL...just listen to his questions.

Giannone is kind of a poindexter, but doesnt do his job badly...when he's on play by play he's not very good, just not suited for it.

The NBC crosby love fest was almost unbearable on Sunday.....i know that the announcers are probably just doing as their told, but it got real over the top.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Geddy Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
I would need further visual proof to confirm

Hmmm I wish I knew where to look for them. I remember last season they had something at the Garden for JD and his family was there with him. He has 3 girls all very good looking.

Geddy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Nick00

Those commercials with that obnoxious bald guy are so idiotic.
They tried to show him as the stereotypical New Yorker, and it's pretty embarrassing.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 01:14 PM
LetsGoBlueshirts

I happen to love Joe (JD was better), is anyone else in agreement with me?

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
Rosen is still great in my opinion.

Michiletti...not unbearable, but we can do MUCH better. In fact, i'd rather have Maloney in the booth with Sam maybe?

Emrick is probably the best local straight up play by play guy to me.

Im really finding Al more annoying by the day, his interviews are AWFUL...just listen to his questions.

Giannone is kind of a poindexter, but doesnt do his job badly...when he's on play by play he's not very good, just not suited for it.

The NBC crosby love fest was almost unbearable on Sunday.....i know that the announcers are probably just doing as their told, but it got real over the top.
I agree with every one of your points here.

When I first started watching Devils games and listening to Emrick I never really liked him but for some reason in recent years I've become a big fan of his.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote