HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley to LA

Old
01-21-2009, 10:40 PM
dabeechman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Clancy View Post
Yes yes, fine, we know they're good prospects. That's great. Nobody said they were scrubs.
Actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
Assets you probably don't want to give up.Hickey, Frolov and Teubert aren't of much interest to me.
This is why I initially joined this conversation...

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:44 PM
The King of Town

Where does that say they're scrubs?

Just because you don't want to trade Dany Heatley for someone doesn't mean that player is a scrub. It just means you don't want to trade Dany Heatley.

Would you want to trade Frolov for O'Brien and Foligno? No? Are you saying they're scrubs? Or are you just saying you'd rather keep Frolov?

If you want Heatley, it has to start with Kopitar. That's the reality. You don't want to make the deal? Fine, we understand. There's just no deal to be made.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 10:51 PM
dabeechman

I think you are jumping the gun here. I have never said Heatley was, or was not worth certain players. The purpose of me chiming in was because a member said he had no interest in two of our best prospects and one of our top forwards. Just seemed silly to me to hear somebody say that when everybody else would jump out of their seat to have a player like Frolov on their team.

Old
01-21-2009, 10:57 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Frolov just had 2 goals against Colorado tonight. I am sure they would love to have him.
I'm sure they would, as would a number of teams, but you missed my point.

You're saying we should be happy to be getting your prospects and top-6 winger (Frolov) for our superstar, and your supporting argument is that you're above us in the standings.

By your logic, since Colorado is above you in the standings, you should be happy to get, say, Wolski, Shattenkirk and Stewart for Kopitar, correct?

Of course you wouldn't be happy with that trade. Nobody would. Well, that's the same reason why there's no way we're trading Heatley for a package that consists of a top-6 winger that is signed for only one more season before becoming a UFA, a very nice prospect, and another nice prospect that has fallen off somewhat.

I don't know how much clearer I can be here. If we are to trade Heatley, it has to be for something we need like a legitimate #1 goaltender, or a legitimate #1 defenseman, and they have to be signed long-term. And I mean legitimate, superstar calibre players here. Since we all know that won't happen, we'll just hang on to Heatley, thank you very much.

Quote:
I think you are jumping the gun here. I have never said Heatley was, or was not worth certain players. The purpose of me chiming in was because a member said he had no interest in two of our best prospects and one of our top forwards. Just seemed silly to me to hear somebody say that when everybody else would jump out of their seat to have a player like Frolov on their team.
The point of this thread is to discuss what it would take from LA to land Heatley. I'm sorry, but with that in mind, Frolov, Teubert and Hickey are of no interest to me. That is what the comment you're referring to was saying. Of course we'd love Frolov. There isn't a team in the league who wouldn't love him. He's still not worth Heatley, not even with Teubert and Hickey included in the deal.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 11:00 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
The purpose of me chiming in was because a member said he had no interest in two of our best prospects and one of our top forwards.
With all due respect, I think the member's intention was not to say they don't want those players. I think he was merely saying that for Heatley, he'd want better players than that, and when comparing Ottawa's needs to the price they'd have to pay to get them, might not be the best idea for Ottawa. Just the way I interpretted it though...

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2009, 11:09 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Clancy View Post
You're saying we should be happy to be getting your prospects and top-6 winger (Frolov) for our superstar, and your supporting argument is that you're above us in the standings.

By your logic, since Colorado is above you in the standings, you should be happy to get, say, Wolski, Shattenkirk and Stewart for Kopitar, correct?

Of course you wouldn't be happy with that trade. Nobody would. Well, that's the same reason why there's no way we're trading Heatley for a package that consists of a top-6 winger that is signed for only one more season before becoming a UFA, a very nice prospect, and another nice prospect that has fallen off somewhat.

I don't know how much clearer I can be here. If we are to trade Heatley, it has to be for something we need like a legitimate #1 goaltender, or a legitimate #1 defenseman, and they have to be signed long-term. And I mean legitimate, superstar calibre players here. Since we all know that won't happen, we'll just hang on to Heatley, thank you very much.

The point of this thread is to discuss what it would take from LA to land Heatley. I'm sorry, but with that in mind, Frolov, Teubert and Hickey are of no interest to me. That is what the comment you're referring to was saying. Of course we'd love Frolov. There isn't a team in the league who wouldn't love him. He's still not worth Heatley, not even with Teubert and Hickey included in the deal.
In case you missed my last reply...

Quote:
I never said they were worth Heatley, or they weren't worth Heatley. Geez, get off it already.

I have said two or three times now that the only reason I am in this redundant conversation with you is because an Ottawa fan said he had no interest in some of our best prospects and players. Now, if he meant FOR Heatley, that is fine. I agree. But I wouldn't give up much more of LA's core.

No more replies for me. Take it easy guys.

Old
01-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!

Quite simply the actual "value" of Heatley, as a player, and what Ottawa would be willing to consider in a trade for him, are completely different. So the people who say Ottawa fans are crazy to think we'd get player "x" or "y" plus a first rounder etc. are misinterpreting the point. It's not that they aren't equal value, it's that Ottawa isn't looking to move Heatley. Period. So it will take much more than equal value to get Heatley out of Ottawa. Do we believe LA will pay that much? Absolutely not, but if they want Heatley, it will take a lot.

That's just how these things work.

Yelnats Puc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 01:37 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blikian29 View Post
Counter... Hickey, Frolov, 1st.
Lombardi will unlikely part with this year's first round pick therefore he may be more receptive to a Bernier, Frolov and Hickey deal instead.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
What would it take?
As cool as it would be to have him in LA, it won't happen. Ottawa will keep their top line in tact, make some off season deals, and be right back in the thick of things next season.

Last edited by Zal: 01-22-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Kingjordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
Kopitar, 1st, Hickey

So stupid how people over value players...

He is not worth all that

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Which Hickey is. Tuebert would be for down the line.
Hickey during the WJC reminded me of the last 2 years of Redden. Not saying he isn't a top end prospect but he sure looked horrible and soft during the WJC. Not sure he's a "Murray"type player.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 11:49 AM
collapsethelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post

He is not worth all that
It certainly is stupid how people overvalue players

(you're one of said people)

collapsethelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Cherith Cutestory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post

He is not worth all that
I would love an explanation on this one...

Cherith Cutestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 01:31 PM
kingdoughty

Sens are going to keep Heatley at all costs. I highly doubt we will ever see him in an LA Kings uniform.

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Kingjordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherith cutestory View Post
I would love an explanation on this one...

Kopitar, top 10 pick and Hickey (#4 overall pick) just for Heatley are you kidding me.

Gretzky got traded for a lot less than than.

How about LA keeps players and lets Kids get better and better and. Sens keep there players.

La is not traded that package for 1 player

Old
01-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

So how is spending that much money on one line working for Ottawa this year? And how would LA be any different?

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Cherith Cutestory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
So how is spending that much money on one line working for Ottawa this year? And how would LA be any different?
can't say how it would work for LA at this moment...would you honestly say that they would be the same or worse off?
As for the line, they are in a bit of a slump right now but it's not really fair to judge them on just that...why don't you go back 3 1/2 years and tell me how they've done together

Cherith Cutestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherith cutestory View Post
can't say how it would work for LA at this moment...would you honestly say that they would be the same or worse off?
As for the line, they are in a bit of a slump right now but it's not really fair to judge them on just that...why don't you go back 3 1/2 years and tell me how they've done together
It's nothing against the line, it's just that their combined cap hits have handcuffed the Sens financially, and cost them depth, and defense.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Not the reason Ottawa has struggled this year and I'm pretty sure you know that.

Let's just say that if ever you do land Hedman and both he and Hickey are set to become unrestricted free agents at the same time and there's only room to re-sign one, go with Hedman.

Everything would have fallen into place and we'd be a better team today if we had kept Chara.

Old
Disgruntled

Heatley for Doughty straight up.

Disgruntled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Laoghaire

Quote:
It's nothing against the line, it's just that their combined cap hits have handcuffed the Sens financially, and cost them depth, and defense.
If by that you mean they couldn't afford to resign Redden and wouldn't out bid the 7 year offer Campbell got from the Hawks then yes it has cost them defence.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Laoghaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled View Post
Heatley for Doughty straight up.
That's an awful trade. Doughty has had a decent half season in the NHL, Heatley is an elite winger in the NHL and has been for years.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
We've got money to spend, just not enough moveable assets to get what we need. Gerber is coming off the books shortly, Kuba as well. We'll have about 12million to spend in the offseason if the cap projection stays about the same. Of course, that's not to say we'll spend it all as I assume Murray and the sens management have some kind of foresight as to what the cap will look like in a few seasons but yeah, they haven't handcuffed Ottawa financially. Quite a few teams have that much invested in 3 players, if not more money and are doing a whole lot better than the Sens are right now.

Old
01-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Kingjordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
That's an awful trade. Doughty has had a decent half season in the NHL, Heatley is an elite winger in the NHL and has been for years.
Everyone knows how good Doughty is even it is for 1/2 season....LA would say H*ll too the NO

Old
01-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Urkie

Quote:
The problem is not with those three players. They have almost 50% of the entire teams goals, it's the secondary scoring. Over the past 4 or 5 years the Sens just haven't drafted well, that's the underlying problem. It also has a lot to do with the cap ripping apart an amazing core. A lot of people from other teams forget that.

Urkie is offline   Reply With Quote